Page 545 of 622 FirstFirst ... 540541542543544545546547548549550 ... LastLast
Results 16,321 to 16,350 of 18638

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

Some people claim you will still be able to use the PS3 app with this, even though it's advertised as it won't work, but apparently people last year with Sunday Ticket, were able to sign up online, and then later input their sign in credentials into the PS3 app and use that instead. Time will tell if that's the case here.

Actually, it seems like Sunday Ticket might not be available at all anymore on the PS3. The wiki page says is was discontinued this year yet the link leads to a page no longer there.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Anybody care to make a list of torn ACL/MCL's this off season? My god...
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

What are people's experiences with threatening Direct TV? You know one of those "I'm going to change providers or else" kind of threats, do they budge at all? I'm really starting to hate what I pay to have it, shit's starting to feel like a fucking car payment.

Peyton and Eli don't work cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    What are people's experiences with threatening Direct TV? You know one of those "I'm going to change providers or else" kind of threats, do they budge at all? I'm really starting to hate what I pay to have it, shit's starting to feel like a fucking car payment.
    Some things are definitely negotiable with DirecTV. The NFL Sunday Ticket is one of them. Never pay their advertised price, especially if you've been a customer for more than a year. Last year they automatically renewed the Sunday Ticket for me and I called up and complained. "Would it help if it was cheaper" was the woman's response. As I recall she was prepared to knock almost $100 off the price of the whole season. When it comes to your programming package I don't think they have any wiggle room, price-wise. Best you can do there is maybe a couple months of free channels, just remember to set a reminder to cancel them when the promotion is over or you'll end up paying for them automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Read this thread, then call them and profit. Trust me on this!
    http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=1547&t=11703263

I haven't paid for Sunday Ticket in so many years I can't even remember the last time I did.

Boardie Pick'em Pool on Pooltracker.com

Pool Name: Polo Fields

http://www.pooltracker.com/join.asp?poolid=78892

Password : gobi

De-throne Fourthisto or die
    Last edited by santasutt; 08-08-2013 at 07:52 PM.

I just rejoined. After leading the pack for 3/4 of the season last year I don't plan on losing that lead again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Bobby and Tom... I love you motherfuckers, I'm gonna get on it this Saturday, hopefully I can stick it to Direct TV for once.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Some people claim you will still be able to use the PS3 app with this, even though it's advertised as it won't work, but apparently people last year with Sunday Ticket, were able to sign up online, and then later input their sign in credentials into the PS3 app and use that instead. Time will tell if that's the case here.
    http://kotaku.com/nfls-sunday-ticket...n-3-1130188425

NFL's Sunday Ticket Pulled from PlayStation 3
    DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket, the service delivering all over-the-air NFL games broadcast on Sunday afternoons during the league's regular season, will no longer be offered on the PlayStation 3. IGN reports that Sony has confirmed the end of the arrangement.

Welcome to Microsoft NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesock Shakur View Post
    http://kotaku.com/nfls-sunday-ticket...n-3-1130188425

NFL's Sunday Ticket Pulled from PlayStation 3
    DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket, the service delivering all over-the-air NFL games broadcast on Sunday afternoons during the league's regular season, will no longer be offered on the PlayStation 3. IGN reports that Sony has confirmed the end of the arrangement.

Welcome to Microsoft NFL.
    The thing that really sucks is that there was no additional charge for the PS3 service - it was included in the Sunday Ticket package. Now it's an extra $75 to get the Sunday Ticket Max, which allows streaming to one device - pretty much the exact same arrangement that PS3 owners enjoyed last year at no additional cost.

Also worth noting that $75 is the true value of the streaming package being offered with Madden 2014. I've heard plenty of people claim that for an extra $40, you get Madden and the Sunday Ticket (a $300 value!) While it's true that the NFL Sunday Ticket Max is $300, the bulk of that money is paying for your live HD satellite feed. By getting Madden, you're essentially saving $35 on activating one streaming device. Even if you don't have DirecTV this could easily be done by chipping in money on a friend's Sunday Ticket Max and then using their activation code for your computer.

Supposedly it's worth $75 but it's hard to gauge a price on something that isn't offered by itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Hard Knocks is making me really excited for some football.

It's going to be nice to have a quarterback. The Kurt Warner era seems like a lifetime ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

Quote Originally Posted by Shaxspear View Post
    Hmmmmmm not the Jenkins I thought the niners were going to pick when they were on the clock. Oh well I thought Aldon Smith was a reach when they picked him last year. We'll see how it pans out.
    It didn't.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Hey, at least he's going to be reunited with Alex Smith. They can build on the zero completions they combined for last season.

Also, to add to Tom's 20/20 hindsight:

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Seems like most of the media has written him off already but I feel like this is the prime opportunity for A.J. Jenkins to break out.
    It wasn't.

I feel like this was just a trade so each team doesn't have to go through the "humiliation" of having to cut their own draft busts. It actually is a pretty even trade though. Baldwin has shown some flashes in the past on a team that had no QB and bad coaching and Jenkins should at the very least be able to get on the field more in KC then he would in San Francisco. My prediction is both players will still be out of the league in two years. I still can't believe Jenkins turned down the offer when Jerry Rice offered to work out with him.

Also Von Miller now facing a 6-8 game suspension.

I wonder what he did to make it more than the normal 4.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    I feel like this was just a trade so each team doesn't have to go through the "humiliation" of having to cut their own draft busts. It actually is a pretty even trade though. Baldwin has shown some flashes in the past on a team that had no QB and bad coaching and Jenkins should at the very least be able to get on the field more in KC then he would in San Francisco. My prediction is both players will still be out of the league in two years. I still can't believe Jenkins turned down the offer when Jerry Rice offered to work out with him.
    I agree. One first round bust for another, though the deficiencies in their games are a lot different. Baldwin is big and physical, at the very least he can provide you with some downfield blocking. Jenkins just seems like a huge pussy, and yeah, if the greatest receiver in NFL history offers to take you under his wing that's an invitation you should probably accept. I'm pretty sure Baldwin would have turned down that invite as well. This guy's most notable achievement as an NFL player was breaking his hand in a locker room fist fight with Thomas Jones, so I don't think he's really a "respect your elders" type of player either.

From what I was reading Von has already been in the NFL drug program and it is a second offense which calls for 8 games. The 6 could just be from a deal made. Though interesting enough he very well might not have even failed a drug test. Apparently once in the program a player missing a test, diluted urine counts, or anything not done normally counts as a violation.

Bruce Allen, GM of the Redskins:

"There's so many changes in the playoff teams each year -- I think half of them change each year anyway," Allen told ESPN 980 recently via DC Sports Bog. "And in our division, you know, we're in the SEC of the NFL. This is the big leagues. I think when the Giants last won the Super Bowl, they won it with a 9-7 record. So we have to keep competing in our division, and that's what our focus is.
    This guy has a rather inflated opinion of the NFC East.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Bruce Allen, GM of the Redskins:

This guy has a rather inflated opinion of the NFC East.

It is brutal how the Cards always wind up in the best divisions. The NFC was the powerhouse for a while, all four Bills losses where to the NFC East while we were in the division. I think the NFC South is pretty tough too.

The East is the worst of the 4 NFC divisions this year. Since 1996, the NFC East has won two Super Bowls... while the SEC has won nine national championships. Bruce Allen is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    De-throne Fourthisto or die
    Promises, promises....

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    I just rejoined. After leading the pack for 3/4 of the season last year I don't plan on losing that lead again.
    You have to get the lead in order to not lose it.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Pam Oliver's dick sucking lips. NFL.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Free Pryor

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The East is the worst of the 4 NFC divisions this year. Since 1996, the NFC East has won two Super Bowls... while the SEC has won nine national championships. Bruce Allen is full of shit.
    Agreed, the Eagles, Cowboys, and especially the Redskins have been fucking awful.....for practically 15 years straight now.