Page 539 of 617 FirstFirst ... 534535536537538539540541542543544 ... LastLast
Results 16,141 to 16,170 of 18508

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

Dearest Daryl Washington,

We like you, we really do. You're a phenomenal player, and we always enjoy watching your game. However, your off-field shenanigans are driving us up a wall. Right yourself.

With Love,
    Cardinals Fans

See this is why I think drafting the Honey Badger is really gonna work out for you guys. He's going to a team full of seasoned veterans on defense. These guys will teach him how to be a man, how to be a professional, and if need be, how to properly strangle a woman. Great fit.

Just like Tharold Simon going to play with Leroy Hill, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by bucketofpower View Post
    Just like Tharold Simon going to play with Leroy Hill, eh?
    It would be if Leroy Hill was still a Seahawk (he's not) or had any where close to the value that Washington has to the Cardinals. The guy is probably the 2nd or 3rd best player on your team, right?

Hah, caught red-handed!

Yeah, D-Wash is a top-tier guy, but Mathieu will be buddied up with Peterson, much like he did when he was training for the draft. Also, Dockett had plenty of issues before he was drafted, so Mathieu can lean on him, too.

2 counts of felony aggravated assault. Yikes. He may be finished in the NFL.

That can't be right, an illegal block in the back is only 15 yards.

So is illegal hands to the face (throat). If he would have pulled this stunt ten years ago he would have been fine, but the dude broke bones and left his hand prints all over her neck. He'll have plenty of time to sit at home and smoke weed this season.

Seahawks Bruce Irvin suspended for the first 4 games for violating the NFL Drug Policy. Like his fellow teammates in Browner and Sherman he illegally used Adderral. Guess it runs with the team.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...203556209.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Seahawks Bruce Irvin suspended for the first 4 games for violating the NFL Drug Policy. Like his fellow teammate Browner he illegally used Adderral. Guess it runs with the team.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...203556209.html
    Yeah, just like knife fights, drunk driving and homophobic rants run with yours. It's a little early in the offseason to be climbing on the high horse, isn't it? I fixed your post btw.

I wasn't even trying to start anything or "climb the high horse." Looks like I touched a nerve with someone. He is the third person on he Seahawks in the past year to get caught with it so yes it does run in the team. And yes I said three because we both know Sherman got off on a technicality. However is the loss of Irvin really that big of a deal with Bennett and Avril signings?

I wasn't even trying to start anything or "climb the high horse." Looks like I touched a nerve with someone. He is the third person on he Seahawks in the past year to get caught with it so yes it does run in the team. And yes I said three because we both know Sherman got off on a technicality. However is the loss of Irvin really that big of a deal with Bennett and Avril signings?
    No, he's probably our fourth best pass rusher even with Clemons injured. Pete knew what he was getting into with this kid, so this is on him to a degree.

As for Sherman, I know I'll never convince anyone outside of Seattle about this, but two people from the locker room got tested that day: Browner, whose piss was dirty, and Sherman's, whose the tester spilled all over the place and apparently bungled every testing protocol the NFL has a rule for. He maintained his innocence from day one, whereas Browner and Irvin both took their punishments and admitted guilt. Is it that hard to imagine that idiot contaminated Sherman's sample with Browner's? Sherman has passed every drug test he's ever been given except for that one.

Whatever, Irvin is young and of marginal importance. Just as long as Russell Wilson keeps pissing excellence I'm fine with the rest of the country assuming that the hawks have Adderall dispensers at their training facilities.

#SeAdderral Seahawks
    Last edited by bobert; 05-17-2013 at 05:29 PM.

I dunno how many of you combine the love of Madden football for the love of NFL Sunday Ticket - but if you do, check out Amazon.com. They have a Madden 25 (this year's version) Collector's Edition that gives you a free 1-year trial of NFL Sunday Ticket for the computer/tablet, or $10 off every month for the DirecTV version and free Sunday Ticket Max if you can get Sunday Ticket but don't already.

It's probably a scam to get everyone on DirecTV, but if you're happy with the computer/tablet version, you can't beat that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    I dunno how many of you combine the love of Madden football for the love of NFL Sunday Ticket - but if you do, check out Amazon.com. They have a Madden 25 (this year's version) Collector's Edition that gives you a free 1-year trial of NFL Sunday Ticket for the computer/tablet, or $10 off every month for the DirecTV version and free Sunday Ticket Max if you can get Sunday Ticket but don't already.

It's probably a scam to get everyone on DirecTV, but if you're happy with the computer/tablet version, you can't beat that deal.
    That is fucking awesome. I probably would have bought both anyways, pretty much just means that Madden is free this year.

Yeah, Adderall.... rrrrrrriiigggghhhttt.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

It's too bad that Bill Romanowski, Julius Peppers, Shawn Merriman, Brian Cushing etc. didn't realize that they get to choose which drug will get reported to the media and taint their careers forever, regardless of the test's outcome. Maybe they would chose something less taboo than steroids. Good thing my Seahawks are as almost as savvy as you, huh Elmo?

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It's too bad that Bill Romanowski, Julius Peppers, Shawn Merriman, Brian Cushing etc. didn't realize that they get to choose which drug will get reported to the media and taint their careers forever, regardless of the test's outcome. Maybe they would chose something less taboo than steroids. Good thing my Seahawks are as almost as savvy as you, huh Elmo?
    Only those guys didn't have that option because they weren't under the new CBA which helps players mask their drug use. Hell, technically the NFL has no real way to test for HGH due to the NFLPA fighting against it to death.

It seriously hurts my head reading comments from users on sites like ProFootballTalk about players getting supposedly getting caught with Adderal, as if that's the real story. The ineptitude of people about this is mind boggling. Working in a pharmacy, getting a legit prescription for ADHD drugs is ridiculously easy, especially for a pro athlete with tons of cash and agents working for them. Claiming to be unfamiliar with the rules is bullshit too, there are WAY too many cases to occurring for players to be oblivious to this.

The NFL nor teams can disclose what drug they got busted for, only the player can and it seems to be over the fans and medias heads that MAYBE they could be lying about what they really took. So sure, northwest teams constantly have Adderal problems, just like how Ray Lewis can have a terrible season, tear his tricep and come back unbelievably fast and perform better than ever and no one bats an eye.
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Only those guys didn't have that option because they weren't under the new CBA which helps players mask their drug use. Hell, technically the NFL has no real way to test for HGH due to the NFLPA fighting against it to death.

It seriously hurts my head reading comments from users on sites like ProFootballTalk about players getting supposedly getting caught with Adderal, as if that's the real story. The ineptitude of people about this is mind boggling. Working in a pharmacy, getting a legit prescription for ADHD drugs is ridiculously easy, especially for a pro athlete with tons of cash and agents working for them. Claiming to be unfamiliar with the rules is bullshit too, there are WAY too many cases to occurring for players to be oblivious to this.

The NFL nor teams can disclose what drug they got busted for, only the player can and it seems to be over the fans and medias heads that MAYBE they could be lying about what they really took. So sure, northwest teams constantly have Adderal problems, just like how Ray Lewis can have a terrible season, tear his tricep and come back unbelievably fast and perform better than ever and no one bats an eye.
    Having a prescription has nothing to do with it. You have to have your prescription approved by the NFL and demonstrate a consistent history of needing/using the medication or they won't approve it. If these guys were coming in with drugs on their system that they werent prescribed then that would be evidence of felony possession and would probably fall under the substance abuse policy as well. If the players have the option of choosing which PED they get shamed for, how come all of them aren't just claiming they took some banned GNC product? This info gets leaked and the players have no control over it. Adderal use has exploded in the last ten years. Half my friends had scripts when I was in college and sure even more kids are using it now. For NFL players the appeal is obvious. It helps with your film study, digesting the play book, and helps keep your weight down. And if it also helps you get a jump on the snap all the better. But you're right, I'm sure it's something else.

The only reason I believe it might be something else is because he had teammate(s) already caught with it. It just doesn't make sense if all you have to do is submit some paperwork to the league to make sure you are taking it legally then why the hell not do that? Browner and questionably Sherman I can give a pass to because maybe they just didn't know the rules or something. However Irvin doesn't have that luxury. Unless of course he really is just that dumb. What I also don't understand is an article I read said Carroll new of this upcoming suspension so why did they just announce it now then? And when exactly are they doing this drug testing? I feel like if they tested him in the middle of the off season and Adderal is really what showed up on the test then who the hell really cares? I just don't think if it doesn't give you an on field advantage then he shouldn't get in trouble for it. Now if they tested him in the playoffs and was caught with it then OK thne suspend him but seriously it just makes him study the film better. He still needs to go out and make the plays which adderal in the off season isn't going to help him with.

First and foremost, yes, I believe Irvin is pretty dumb. When the man speaks he definitely doesn't project intelligence, and he has a history of extremely poor decision making in the past which is why most analysts didn't think he'd go in the first round. Having a prescription for Adderall or any other amphetamine that is banned by the NFL isn't enough. You have to apply for a TUE (therapeutic use exemption) and by all indications the NFL doesn't grant these very easily. Like Alex said it's very easy for anyone to get a prescription for these drugs but getting a TUE is much harder. You have to prove that you have a legitimate medical need for these kinds of drugs and I would imagine that involves providing proof that your condition/use predates your NFL career. It's not as easy as walking into the NFL offices with your script and saying "hey, turns out I'm an undiagnosed sufferer of adult ADD. The doc says I need to take speed." These rules apply year round, and the testing is completely random. Some people get tested during training camp, others during the playoffs and the offseason. If you haven't been a previous offender it sounds like you can expect about one test per year which is why I think many players get careless and assume that now is not their time.

I couldn't find any numbers on the NFL but in baseball there were around 30 TUEs issued for Adderall in 2006 and that number has climbed to over 100 in recent years. Clearly the use of this drug is on the rise and yes it's possible that players are using it an excuse to hide more damaging test results. The reason I doubt that's the case with most of these players is that all of the major sports media outlets pay good money to confidential NFL sources to get the dirt on these positive tests. When Sherman and Browner got popped it was originally reported that Sherman claimed he drank from an Adderall infused water bottle while Browner claimed that the tester spilled/mishandled his sample. In the end it turned out that the opposite was true and the wrong information got leaked. Sherman was absolutely furious about the leak and repeatedly denied the reports and claimed that the wrong information had been reported from this supposedly confidential process. It turns out he was right, the media did get it wrong and it probably cost him a spot int he Pro Bowl. Does that really sound like a situation where the players are in complete control of how these cases get reported?

While I understand that obtaining a TUE may be more difficult than a script itself, I could see a case happening where someone gets denied and turns into a legal fiasco. How can a workplace deny an employee a medication a doctor has deemed "medically necessary"? I'd imagine the player and agent to keep pushing it to the point of lawsuit.

And it doesn't matter if he tested positive offseason, they're employed year round and I'm sure they don't give a shit. Also Carroll better keep a tighter leash on his players. If one or two more players get busted I could see the NFL investigate them thoroughly and that may not be in their best favor, depending on how their getting it...

The Dwight Freeney signing is fucking stupid and will come to bite us in the ass next year.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Thanks Lee...
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole.Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    The Dwight Freeney signing is fucking stupid and will come to bite us in the ass next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Thanks Lee...
    I know, right? Who else is gonna rush the passer in SD? Peyton Manning is licking his chops. "Weather is sweet!"

Well 49ers superbowl chances just took a major hit with Michael Crabtree tearing his Achilles. Enter bobert's smiley face here.

The still have Boldin, Manningham, Williams, Jenkins, Davis and Patton, along with a possible trade (Floyd or Washington). They'll slightly adjust and be fine.

Williams and Manningham just came off ACL injuries, that list is gonna shrink.

Well 49ers superbowl chances just took a major hit with Michael Crabtree tearing his Achilles. Enter bobert's smiley face here.
    I'd say your chances took the biggest hit when we signed Harvin and you didn't but this certainly makes that move all the more significant. I bet Baalke is wishing he would have got out the checkbook. Shouldn't Crabtree have been at home on the couch like he is every off season?

This has very little impact on the 49ers' chances. Unfortunately. In 4 years in the NFL Crabtree has grown from a mediocre receiver to a good-but-not-great one. SF's strengths lie elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

In the past eight games Crabs had five 100+ yard games and 7 TDs. With a real QB, he looked like a stud. Alex Smith is a scrub.

Feel really sorry for the guy, this couldn't come at a worse time given his contract situation.