Page 537 of 627 FirstFirst ... 532533534535536537538539540541542 ... LastLast
Results 16,081 to 16,110 of 18791

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

Quote Originally Posted by fiopadp7791 View Post
    And Patterson wasn't gonna get drafted by any other team in the first round. Just awful.
    No he wasn't, but he would have gone early in the second round so either way they were going to have to make a trade because clearly he was the WR on their radar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

And the Bills... are the Bills...
    As a lifelong Bills fan...I fully expect to be disappointed, but I'm not used to being confused. With EJ Manual, my jaw is still dropped...I just don't get it. I have nothing to add.

To be fair, it seems that the entire AFC East draft was pretty damn pathetic. In 2 or 3 years I almost see the AFC-E being what the NFC-W was a few years back, when 7-9 won the division. A heaping helping of Meh.

All I had to do was praise my team, and thennthey fuck it up by giving away a 2, 3, 4 and 7 to the Patriots. Shit! They just ruined everything.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    This is what happens when emperor palpatine is in the war room.
    Good pick-up, Supre.

Evil Bill loves a good deal on draft day.

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinon View Post
    As a lifelong Bills fan...I fully expect to be disappointed, but I'm not used to being confused. With EJ Manual, my jaw is still dropped...I just don't get it. I have nothing to add.

To be fair, it seems that the entire AFC East draft was pretty damn pathetic. In 2 or 3 years I almost see the AFC-E being what the NFC-W was a few years back, when 7-9 won the division. A heaping helping of Meh.
    To be fair I think the plan is to Start Kolb for at least one season and then start him. While is more Raw then some of the others his potential is greater IMO. That being said they still should have been able to easily get him in the second round.

As long as Brady is on the Patriots they will finish better then 7-9 but yeah your point still stands, not so much the scary division it was a few season ago.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    That describes it perfect. It's amazing how's these NFL GMs, Personnel people, continue to get fleeced by him. Idon't mind Patterson as the pick. But I'm pretty certain no team the rest of the first round was going to take him. Wait until he drops into the 2nd, and trade with any team except the Patriots and a divison rival so it won't cost as much. The Vikings gave up the rest of their draft for a raw WR. As a Vikings fan, I'm cheering for the pick to work. But even if he ends up being a good player, they still gave up their draft where they have so many holes, and so many good players have dropped into day 2. Idiots. Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by gmoneyak View Post
    You're overreacting...they filled their 3 biggest needs, in the 1ST ROUND, with quality players. Patterson is a little raw but legit 1st round talent.
    Plenty of really good WRs left, and they fucked their draft to get 1? I'm not overreacting. I have legit beef lol
    Last edited by fiopadp7791; 04-25-2013 at 08:36 PM.
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

They picked up 3 starters in the first round, I'm happy..There's still a chance to get back into the 2nd or 3rd rounds, the 2nd round pick they had was really late in the round and I doubted they they could've found a starter with it anyways.

2 of the picks they traded were extra picks that they acquired via trades, New England just jumped on them at the right time. Atlanta gave up almost twice that for Julio Jones, obviously he was higher rated, but Patterson was STILL the #2 WR out there.

Time will tell.

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

They picked up 3 starters in the first round, I'm happy..There's still a chance to get back into the 2nd or 3rd rounds, the 2nd round pick they had was really late in the round and I doubted they they could've found a starter with it anyways.

2 of the picks they traded were extra picks that they acquired via trades, New England just jumped on them at the right time. Atlanta gave up almost twice that for Julio Jones, obviously he was higher rated, but Patterson was STILL the #2 WR out there.

Time will tell.
    Debatable #2. Robert Woods had really moved up a lot of people's boards. A lot of people thought highly of Keenan Allen from Cal. They still really need a linebacker, and I'd love to see them get a guard and a safety too. Those guys with a 2nd or 3rd round grade would've had a good chance of starting for the Vikings, or at least providing much-needed depth. If they trade back into the 2nd or 3rd round now, it'll be at the expense of next year...
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

There's also Dansby or...*gulp...Urlacher they could pick up off FA as well.

Look. I know as Vikings fans we're supposed to be really fucking pessimistic, but that's looking like 2 good drafts in a row. Fucking amazing..haha
    Last edited by gmoneyak; 04-25-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Id say first round winners are the Vikings and Rams. Vikings simply because even though they traded back into the first round and gave up a shit load they got three players that should be able to start and contribute on day one. And the Rams simply because I like the "trade up and get your guy" followed by the "trade back and get back your draft picks back" strategy.
    Agreed. Also have to give props to Carolina for getting the steal of the draft and Houston for finally getting questionably the best WR in the draft, something they've needed for years.

I'm even more excited for round 2 now. There are still quite a bit of great players on the board. Arthur Brown, Tank Carradine, Jonathan Cyprien, several WRs like Hunter, Allen & Woods.
    Last edited by TickleMeElmo; 04-25-2013 at 10:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    I'm even more excited for round 2 now. There are still quite a bit of great players on the board. Arthur Brown, Tank Carradine, Jonathan Cyprien, several WRs like Hunter, Allen & Woods.
    Don't forget Geno Smith.

I'm happy that we finally addressed the center/guard need that we desperately had over the last few seasons with a monster that can help us with the run and also give Tony a good snap and good protection in the middle, I'm not happy that we could have had Frederick in the early 2nd round and really disappointed that all we could squeeze out of the niners for their move to 18 was a fucking 3rd round pick, especially after the highway robbery the pats got away with on the vikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Also... Bravo to the Rams and Vikes, they addressed a TON of needs in the 1st round. Definitely had a WIN NOW mentality which I was not expecting. The 2nd round should be much more interesting than the first tonight. I'm hoping the Cowboys address the offensive line even more with Watson or Warford and attempt to fill the safety void and an rb to compliment Demarco in the 3rd. I would wait out the NT situation until next season or with a late rounder this season, I think Kiffin may be able to get Ratliff back to his early years of domination in the middle.
    Last edited by ThomThom; 04-26-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I'm happy that we finally addressed the center/guard need that we desperately had over the last few seasons with a monster that can help us with the run and also give Tony a good snap and good protection in the middle, I'm not happy that we could have had Frederick in the early 2nd round and really disappointed that all we could squeeze out of the niners for their move to 18 was a fucking 3rd round pick, especially after the highway robbery the pats got away with on the vikes.
    The Cowboys probably could have gotten Frederick in the late second early third round. He isn't as big of a reach as Kyle Long was, simply because Frederick should be able to contribute right off the bat while no way long will, but he is pretty damn close. But then again as much as I like the 49ers trading up for Reid, I felt he was player that still would have been there near the end of the first round also so he was a bit of a reach also. But I feel that the trade was just giving up a pick to make sure we get our guy and not out of fear of someone else taking him.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Don't forget Geno Smith.
    Geno in the 2nd is actually pretty great value IMO. It shouldn't take long for him to get drafted today.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

This was the first time that a RB wasn't selected in the 1st round since the 60's, bananas.

There could be a couple of potential workhorses there, Lacy or Ball in particular. No real stars, for sure.

This was the first time that a RB wasn't selected in the 1st round since the 60's, bananas.

There could be a couple of potential workhorses there, Lacy or Ball in particular. No real stars, for sure.
    I'm not sure about that... I think Eddie Lacy, Montee Ball, Le'Veon Bell, and Gio Bernard all have tremendous potential to be feature backs if used properly.

I really like Bennie Logan from LSU, hoping he's who we look at for DT... He'd be a fucking beast in a Tampa 2 scheme.

the Chargers pick is obese. Jesus. Are you sure he doesn't need a wheelchair to move around?
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I'm not sure about that... I think Eddie Lacy, Montee Ball, Le'Veon Bell, and Gio Bernard all have tremendous potential to be feature backs if used properly.
    You could be right, but it seems to me, (especially in today's NFL), that you would have to be extraordinary and special to even get that chance anymore.

That all being said, having a dude named Giovanni running the ball would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    the Chargers pick is obese. Jesus. Are you sure he doesn't need a wheelchair to move around?
    Fluker's gonna be in this league for a looooooooong time, great cornerstone tackle they picked up.

You could be right, but it seems to me, (especially in today's NFL), that you would have to be extraordinary and special to even get that chance anymore.

That all being said, having a dude named Giovanni running the ball would be fantastic.
    Yeah it's tough to have a premiere RB in the league now that almost every team has implemented a two to three back system. But if any of those dudes get the opportunity I'm sure they will fuck shit up.

2nd round mock from the hairpiece:

33. Jacksonville Jaguars
    Matt Barkley, QB, USC

I think they take a corner here if they stay at the spot. But I'll put Barkley in as a player someone moves here to take.

34. San Francisco 49ers (from Kansas City)
    Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford

Replaces Delanie Walker and familiar to the coaching staff.

35. Philadelphia Eagles
    Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

Chip Kelly gets a great thrower with underrated athleticism to develop behind Michael Vick.

36. Detroit Lions
    Robert Alford, CB, S.E. Louisiana

Detroit is desperate for a corner, and he'll thrive on the perimeter.

37. Cincinnati Bengals (from Oakland)
    Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame

They have a bigger need for an OLB, but Te'o is better now than Rey Maualuga.

38. Arizona Cardinals
    Margus Hunt, DE, SMU

Athletic freak who could develop into a 5-technique in their system.

39. New York Jets
    Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse

I think it would be Geno Smith if he fell here, but Nassib is also a possible future at QB.

40. Tennessee Titans
    Robert Woods, WR, USC

Great route-runner, great hands and underrated as a big-play threat.

41. Buffalo Bills
    Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

They really need a speed option at receiver. Here's your guy.

42. Oakland Raiders (from Miami)
    Tank Carradine, DE, Florida St.

Good value here. They got their corner, now they find a pass-rusher.

43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    John Jenkins, DT, Georgia

Absolutely need another defensive tackle next to Gerald McCoy.

44. Carolina Panthers
    Jonathan Cyprien, Florida International, S

They need a safety, and I'm really high on Cyprien.

45. San Diego Chargers
    Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas St.

Versatile LB with great athleticism. Fills an immediate need.

46. Buffalo Bills (from St. Louis)
    Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama

Takes pressure off C.J. Spiller, but a home run threat himself. Also helps with short-yardage situations.

47. Dallas Cowboys
    Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse

They need a safety and take advantage of a deep class. Thomas is a starter.

48. Pittsburgh Steelers
    D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina

They're really old at safety, and Swearinger is ready to play.

49. New York Giants
    Sio Moore, LB, UConn

They get a much-needed linebacker who could start in Week 1.

50. Chicago Bears
    Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State

I have DT as a need for them, and Hankins is a good value at this spot.

51. Washington Redskins
    Kevin Minter, LB, LSU

He can start next to London Fletcher and eventually take over for him.

52. New England Patriots (from Minnesota)
    Keenan Allen, WR, Cal

Great route-runner with strong hands. Could thrive once he learns the system.

53. Cincinnati Bengals
    Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin

They need any ounce of explosiveness they can get at RB.

54. Miami Dolphins (from Indianapolis)
    Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State

Desperate need at corner, and Banks has proven ability to cover.

55. Green Bay Packers
    Cornelius Washington, OLB, Georgia

Another pass-rushing OLB, Washington could split time with Nick Perry.

56. Seattle Seahawks
    Kawann Short, DT, Purdue

One of their few needs is at defensive tackle. Short will provide value this late in the second.

57. Houston Texans
    Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State

Their zone-blocking scheme is a good fit for Watson, and the Texans need a right tackle.

58. Denver Broncos
    Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&&M

Love his potential to give them another pass-rusher.

59. New England Patriots
    Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State

A capable corner, he gives them much-needed depth at that position.

60. Atlanta Falcons
    Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers

He's going to be a fantastic 4-3 weakside LB at the NFL level.

61. San Francisco 49ers
    Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut

Really good value here. He'll help in the NFC West arms race.

62. Baltimore Ravens
    Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff

Tackle is a need, and Armstead has the athleticism to become a starter on the left side.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

And, Scoutsink:

1 (33). Jacksonville Jaguars
    Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

2 (34). San Francisco 49ers (from Kansas City)
    Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

3 (35). Philadelphia Eagles
    John Cyprien, S, Florida International

4 (36). Detroit Lions
    Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State

5 (37). Cincinnati Bengals (from Oakland)
    Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama

6 (38) Arizona Cardinals
    Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff

7 (39). New York Jets
    Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse

8 (40). Tennessee Titans
    Cornellius (Tank) Carradine, DE, Florida State

9 (41). Buffalo Bills
    Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame

10 (42). Oakland Raiders (from Miami)
    Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford

11 (43). Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M

12 (44). Carolina Panthers
    Robert Woods, WR, USC

13 (45). San Diego Chargers
    Johnathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia

14 (46). Buffalo Bills (from St. Louis)
    Keenan Allen, WR, California

15. (47). Dallas Cowboys
    Kawann Short, DT, Purdue

16 (48). Pittsburgh Steelers
    D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina

17 (49). New York Giants
    Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU

18 (50). Chicago Bears
    Arthur Brown, ILB, Kansas State

19 (51) . Washington Redskins
    Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State

20 (52). New England Patriots (from Minnesota)
    Margus Hunt, DE, SMU

21 (53). Cincinnati Bengals
    Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU

22 (54). Miami Dolphins (from Indiana)
    Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State

23 (55). Green Bay Packers
    Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin

24 (56). Seattle Seahawks
    Sio Moore, OLB, Connecticut

25 (57). Houston Texans
    Matt Barkley, QB, USC

26 (58). Denver Broncos
    Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut

27 (59). New England Patriots
    Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall

28 (60). Atlanta Falcons
    Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State

29 (61). San Francisco 49ers
    Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama

30 (62). Baltimore Ravens
    Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Well not surprisingly Aaron Rodgers got paid, 5 year 110 million extension. Including 40 million alone for this upcoming season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...rike-extension

Teo. Really chargers? Ugh.

T'eo and Geno Smith back to back
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

I'll take Minter!

HONEY BADGER!

I swear there was a guy that looked like Tomaz in the crowd, haha.