Page 535 of 617 FirstFirst ... 530531532533534535536537538539540 ... LastLast
Results 16,021 to 16,050 of 18508

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmoneyak View Post
    The Packers NEVER RUN THE BALL...A high draft pick would be wasted on a RB.
    Maybe they never run the ball because they never have a good RB? A good run game would make that offense downright scary.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Geno Smith is gonna be the 2nd pick?

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    They ran it when they won the super bowl, so I think thats a sign.

Oh, and time for a good laugh.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/kim...-fridge,32183/

I'd say a good sign for them would be to get some more line help.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    I did a Predict the Pick entry for NFL.com and here's the list I submitted last night. Note that this is strictly in the order players will get drafted, not by specific team. Trades came into play for mine.
    So who is picking smith at #2? Jags or somebody trades up?

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    So who is picking smith at #2? Jags or somebody trades up?
    Jags. I'm super unsure about that one but I'm just going of word I heard that recent QB acquisitions by other top 10 teams are because they know JAX is taking Geno. It's probably wrong but he was really hard to mock elsewhere without royally fucking up my list so I just left him there. Though it looks like Fisher may come through at #1 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Maybe they never run the ball because they never have a good RB? A good run game would make that offense downright scary.
    I just recall many situations the past couple of seasons where, even if the running game was clicking, they'd abandon it and throw 50 times. A very pass happy team, similar to the Saints, i could see another RB by committee situation.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    I dont think SF really needs more offense, theres more than enough already. Sure, Vernon Davis will need a replacement soon, but I think Harbaugh wants more D, and will move up to get that.
    Except over half of our offensive plays are in a two TE set and with Walker leaving for the TE that leaves either Garret Celek o Cameron Morrah as our second TE. So yeah TE is sort of a position of need for us. Not saying they are going to trade up for Eifert but the TE will be addressed in the early rounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Any other examples of Capers' incompetence other than that one game? That guy is one of the best defensive coaches in football and Green Bay's defense was terrible before he came to town. But yeah, he's clearly the problem.
    Capers isnít the problem, heís a problem. Of course they could use more players, everyone knows that. I donít like the idea of having a ďbend but donít breakĒ defense. It causes the opposing offense to have way more time of possession. This really shows when the game is close or the Packers are losing. He needs to be more aggressive and get the ball back to Rodgers. Also, it doesnít seem like he does enough to help out Matthews. He constantly has to try and fight through double teams. He needs to move him around and allow him to use his athleticism.

Exactly.

They do need more help on the OL but a running back that can pass block well could alleviate some of that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Except over half of our offensive plays are in a two TE set and with Walker leaving for the TE that leaves either Garret Celek o Cameron Morrah as our second TE. So yeah TE is sort of a position of need for us. Not saying they are going to trade up for Eifert but the TE will be addressed in the early rounds.
    It's a particular TE heavy draft, this year, so there are several serviceable Walker replacements available without having to use one of our two Top 40 picks on a Ertz or Eifert. I doubt Eifert will still be there at 31, but they might have him ranked higher on their board than I think they do. Jordan Reed or Travis Kelce will probably be available at the end of the 2nd or in the 3rd round for the 49ers to grab. Both probably have the same ceiling as Eifert/Ertz. Both are like a half foot taller than Delanie Walker, as well.

A lot of the SF beat reporters are speculating that the 49ers will move into the top 8 picks to try and grab Star, Tavon, or Milliner (if he drops). We have a lot of picks to waste, so I'm kinda okay with that, but...I'd much rather get some combo of Datone Jones, Margus Hunt, Jonathan Cyprien, Tyrann Mathieu, Reed/Kelce, Marcus Lattimore, or Phillip Thomas in the first 3 rounds.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

I barely know anybody in this draft, but good thing my Bills are the ones targeting the well known names
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Porter View Post
    I barely know anybody in this draft, but good thing my Bills are the ones targeting the well known names
    They're also targeting two of the most polarizing QB prospects in years.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

They're going to reach for Nassib. My friend is a Buffalo fan and it's basically like being a Browns fan (my team). That means you will pick the wrong player, or he will be the right pick but shred his ACL by week 4 or get arrested for running someone over with his car.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

I don't care I just want a QB or Tavon Austin
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

I don't care I just want a QB or Tavon Austin
    Austin seems like the better choice. Reaching for Nassib is silly when you can obtain a QB who rates out just as well in the early second round. Anything is better than Ryan Fitzpatrick, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

2. Geno Smith
    You know, lesser (read: reasonable) people would realize that they totally bit into former mocks, that instead of thinking critically on their own, they took the word of others, and when that word shifted they would shift as well. But you, sir, are apparently not a lesser man. And for that, I laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    It's a particular TE heavy draft, this year, so there are several serviceable Walker replacements available without having to use one of our two Top 40 picks on a Ertz or Eifert. I doubt Eifert will still be there at 31, but they might have him ranked higher on their board than I think they do. Jordan Reed or Travis Kelce will probably be available at the end of the 2nd or in the 3rd round for the 49ers to grab. Both probably have the same ceiling as Eifert/Ertz. Both are like a half foot taller than Delanie Walker, as well.

A lot of the SF beat reporters are speculating that the 49ers will move into the top 8 picks to try and grab Star, Tavon, or Milliner (if he drops). We have a lot of picks to waste, so I'm kinda okay with that, but...I'd much rather get some combo of Datone Jones, Margus Hunt, Jonathan Cyprien, Tyrann Mathieu, Reed/Kelce, Marcus Lattimore, or Phillip Thomas in the first 3 rounds.
    If not trading up for Eifret id rather target Gavin Escobar instead of Ertz. I know Ertz has the Stanford connection but I'm not really that big on him.

I hope we really don't trade into the top 8. Yes we have a ton of picks but I just don't think there is that much of a difference between early and late first round talent. Instead of giving up picks for a guy in the top eight that might play the same as a guy in the mid twenties. Id much rather trade picks for future drafts to help us be set for the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post

If not trading up for Eifret id rather target Gavin Escobar instead of Ertz. I know Ertz has the Stanford connection but I'm not really that big on him.

I hope we really don't trade into the top 8. Yes we have a ton of picks but I just don't think there is that much of a difference between early and late first round talent. Instead of giving up picks for a guy in the top eight that might play the same as a guy in the mid twenties. Id much rather trade picks for future drafts to help us be set for the next few years.

Joe Namath needs to stop speaking in public...forever.

Erik is a good guy and is friends with key GV employees. This means he can leak both information and misinformation, depending on what he is given. Remember GV is playing this for maximum impact: the more rumors that swirl the better. The more contradictory those rumors the better. Keep people guessing so that when it really hits.. BOOM. People will be telling their grandchildren about the anticipation and how they soiled their shorts when the announcement finally came.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

It looks like Jacksonville will be drafting Geno now.
    How cute!

Damnit. - from a Cards fan

Quote Originally Posted by bucketofpower View Post
    Damnit. - from a Cards fan
    Chance Warmack?

Warmack, Cooper, or Mingo. I wouldn't be opposed if they trade down, maybe with NYJ if Milliner is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    I really hate the dolphins' GM Ireland, and the fact that he has spend all this money on free agent stars proves he can't draft well.
    Pretty much

Acceptable

I still don't get Miami trading up for Jordan.

Also why would the Raiders trade the third for only a second, Buffalo got so much more for the eighth then the raiders got.
    Last edited by unit300021; 04-25-2013 at 05:12 PM.

C'mon, they're the Raiders.

With Fluker going to SD at 11, are there any elite level OLs left?
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2014 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.