Page 534 of 628 FirstFirst ... 529530531532533534535536537538539 ... LastLast
Results 15,991 to 16,020 of 18821

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

Just for the Bucs first round pick this year and a conditional next year which will be either a third or fourth rounder. I'm just sort of confused on why this trade took so long to happen then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

I'm sure the Jets were all for making a deal long before this, it's the part about sorting out Revis' new contract bthat probably took so much time. If you're the Bucs you're not giving up a 1st round pick if the guy will end up holding out. Nice deal for both sides. But also shows that in a draft where there isnt much talent at skill positions (WR, QB, RB), teams are all of a sudden willing to giving up high picks
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Which I think is pretty dumb considering that this draft is loaded with OL/DL, which is really what is going to make you win a superbowl, not the Skill Positions.

True, but depending how much you trust Kiper, I've heard him say in the past that beside drafting QBs in the 1st round, the next riskiest position to draft in the 1st round is D-Line. I mean the success rate is very hit or miss amongst them. And a lot of the best platyers at those positions end up being 4th rounders we've barely heard of.

But it is weird the way teams are throwing around draft picks this year. In recent years they've seem to be so coveted that even 3rd round picks were like gold involving trades
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

You actually value Kiper's opinion?

I cannot imagine what the Jets are thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Just for the Bucs first round pick this year and a conditional next year which will be either a third or fourth rounder. I'm just sort of confused on why this trade took so long to happen then.
    The Jets were getting a feel for the market and seeing if they could squeeze 3 to 4 picks for him, no dice.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    You actually value Kiper's opinion?
    Not usually, but since he's not talking abut a specific player, this holds more weight. I'm assuming he uses some sort of statistical analysis to break it down by position. Like if you're drafted in the first round, maybe he measures the average time a player starts for a team or something. But after the whole Jimmy Clausen controversy, no. I don't trust him much.
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I cannot imagine what the Jets are thinking.
    Woody Johnson didn't wanna pay him all that money coming off a bad knee injury, but seeing what Tampa ended up giving him (pretty much no guaranteed money), why wouldn't the Jets wanna keep him? If you wanna say they're really blowing things up and starting new, then they shouldn't have retained Rex either.
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

Ok- Useless draft discussion question:

Name your favorite team. Then tell me who you want them to draft at the pick they have. Or tell me if they should trade up or trade down to get a guy. But if you say "trade up", try and not be too delusional about it.

Mine- The Vikings.
    Picks 23 and 25. Even though they made the playoffs last season, they have a lot of needs at a lot of different positions. I think they trade one of those picks and trade back into the 2nd round. So with their 1 first-rounder, I think they'll get Keenan Allen from Cal. If he's not available, they'll get the WR Patterson. If Teo is around in round 2, THE VIKINGS WILL TAKE HIM THERE.
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

The Cardinals
    Pick 7
    I want them to take one of the 3 OTs (Joeckel, Fisher, or Johnson). If they are all gone in the first 6 picks then either Jonathan Cooper or Chance Warmack.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by fiopadp7791 View Post
    Ok- Useless draft discussion question:

Name your favorite team. Then tell me who you want them to draft at the pick they have. Or tell me if they should trade up or trade down to get a guy. But if you say "trade up", try and not be too delusional about it.

Mine- The Vikings.
    Picks 23 and 25. Even though they made the playoffs last season, they have a lot of needs at a lot of different positions. I think they trade one of those picks and trade back into the 2nd round. So with their 1 first-rounder, I think they'll get Keenan Allen from Cal. If he's not available, they'll get the WR Patterson. If Teo is around in round 2, THE VIKINGS WILL TAKE HIM THERE.

Vikings fan, as well..I would hope they would be smart about those two picks and trade down, but something tells me they'll grab Teo with 25 instead.

They really do need to stockpile those middle round picks for a WR, LB's, CB's and DT's.. Stay patient, Vikings.

Vikings wanna trade up. And Miami is the possible suitor. If Miami and Kc figure out the Brandon Albert trade, Miami will drop and get the pick back they gave up for Albert. Then again, Sf wants to move into the top 15 now, and they have a pile of picks.

The Cardinals
    Pick 7
    I want them to take one of the 3 OTs (Joeckel, Fisher, or Johnson). If they are all gone in the first 6 picks then either Jonathan Cooper or Chance Warmack.

All 3 will be gone by pick 4.

Philly has pick 4. Theyre considering dropping down to get the 2nd rd pick back that they lost and select Geno Smith ( yuck ). Ideally Dion Jordan would be great, but Lane Johnson fits the offensive scheme perfectly. im gonna cut a bitch if they take a qb.
    Last edited by suprefan; 04-25-2013 at 11:15 AM.

The Cardinals
    Pick 7
    I can't emphasize enough how much of a man-crush I have on Chance Warmack. If the Cardinals have to "settle" for him at pick 7, so be it. A dude that big shouldn't be able to move like that. If they decide to choose him over other available options you've mentioned, don't be all that upset about it either.
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

Quote Originally Posted by gmoneyak View Post
    Vikings fan, as well..I would hope they would be smart about those two picks and trade down, but something tells me they'll grab Teo with 25 instead.

They really do need to stockpile those middle round picks for a WR, LB's, CB's and DT's.. Stay patient, Vikings.
    I'm at peace with them taking T'eo. Mainly because the Vikings do need help at LB. Also, when a guy falls that far, and you have a chance to draft him, you're gonna look dumb if you pass on him and he ends up being really good, when he fell that far all along. I'm with you, I really hope they don't trade up. Unless Warmack somehow falls to like 15 lol.
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

Since they only have a total of five picks this year, the Patriots will probably trade their first for a 3rd and a 4th or 5th.

But this is nothing new....

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    Since they only have a total of five picks this year, the Patriots will probably trade their first for a 3rd and a 4th or 5th.

But this is nothing new....
    The Patriots are like the San Antonio Spurs. Blind trust with whoever they draft at whatever spot. It'll be a few guys we've never heard of, and within 2 years they'll all be really solid.
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

Quote Originally Posted by fiopadp7791 View Post
    I'm at peace with them taking T'eo. Mainly because the Vikings do need help at LB. Also, when a guy falls that far, and you have a chance to draft him, you're gonna look dumb if you pass on him and he ends up being really good, when he fell that far all along. I'm with you, I really hope they don't trade up. Unless Warmack somehow falls to like 15 lol.
    I'd be stoked if they waited until the 2nd round and snagged Ryan Swope from Texas A&M, dude had the same 40 time as Tavon Austin. There's the burner they need.
    Last edited by gmoneyak; 04-25-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Will Te'o be at the draft in NY tonight?

Will he bring his girlfriend?

I definitely remembering hearing that he declined an invitation a while ago.

Tom, who would you like to see the Cards get?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I definitely remembering hearing that he declined an invitation a while ago.

Tom, who would you like to see the Cards get?

The Packers
    Pick 26

I would like to see them pick up Eddie Lacy from Alabama. I don’t watch a lot of college football but he seems like a big, physical runner who would also be good with pass protection. I think it would make life for Rodgers a lot easier if they had a RB to pick up tough yards and give him a little more time to pass. Also, the defense needs some help. I would like to see someone who can play well on the opposite side of Matthews. Nick Perry is supposed to fill that role but he was injured most of last season. It would really help out the secondary if they could get any sort of pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by WombRaider View Post
    The Packers
    Pick 26

I would like to see them pick up Eddie Lacy from Alabama. I don’t watch a lot of college football but he seems like a big, physical runner who would also be good with pass protection. I think it would make life for Rodgers a lot easier if they had a RB to pick up tough yards and give him a little more time to pass. Also, the defense needs some help. I would like to see someone who can play well on the opposite side of Matthews. Nick Perry is supposed to fill that role but he was injured most of last season. It would really help out the secondary if they could get any sort of pass rush.
    The Packers taking Lacy would be a waste of a first pick.

49ers, Trade up and get Eifert if he is still available in the 15-20 range.

Raiders - #3. I want them to trade down a few spots to get some extra picks which they desperately need. Rumor is there is a lot of interest by a few teams to trade up into our spot, namely Lions, Browns, Cards and Fins, but who knows whats real and whats bullshit at this point. If they stay at #3, I'd prefer a DT like Floyd or Star, but would happy with one of the top DEs also. Although they've said they will pick best player available so they could also pick one of the big 3 OTs too, which wouldn't be the worst thing ever.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

I don’t think Lacy would be a bad pick at all. They haven’t had a good RB in the Aaron Rodgers era and could use one. Yes, everyone knows they need more help on the defensive side of the ball, especially with Woodson gone, but the Packers are great at developing players. Plus finding a good RB is rare now and can really change an offense.

I think the biggest problem with the Packers defense is Dom Capers. He is terrible at making in game changes. When the Pack played the 49ers in the playoffs last year they had a shot at winning after the 1st half but Harbaugh made changes. What did Capers do? Nothing but sit in his booth with a stupid look on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by WombRaider View Post
    I think the biggest problem with the Packers defense is Dom Capers. He is terrible at making in game changes. When the Pack played the 49ers in the playoffs last year they had a shot at winning after the 1st half but Harbaugh made changes. What did Capers do? Nothing but sit in his booth with a stupid look on his face.
    Any other examples of Capers' incompetence other than that one game? That guy is one of the best defensive coaches in football and Green Bay's defense was terrible before he came to town. But yeah, he's clearly the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    The Packers taking Lacy would be a waste of a first pick.

49ers, Trade up and get Eifert if he is still available in the 15-20 range.
    I dont think SF really needs more offense, theres more than enough already. Sure, Vernon Davis will need a replacement soon, but I think Harbaugh wants more D, and will move up to get that.

The Packers NEVER RUN THE BALL...A high draft pick would be wasted on a RB.

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

They ran it when they won the super bowl, so I think thats a sign.

Oh, and time for a good laugh.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/kim...-fridge,32183/

Chargers - Fisher, Joeckel, Johnson or Fluker in that order. However, I think they will all be gone so just best defensive player available.

I did a Predict the Pick entry for NFL.com and here's the list I submitted last night. Note that this is strictly in the order players will get drafted, not by specific team. Trades came into play for mine.

1. Eric Fisher
    2. Geno Smith
    3. Luke Joeckel
    4. Lane Johnson
    5. Star Lotulelei
    6. Dion Jordan
    7. Barkevious Mingo
    8. Tavon Austin
    9. E.J. Manuel
    10. D.J. Fluker
    11. Dee Milliner
    12. Jonathan Cooper
    13. Arthur Brown
    14. Xavier Rhodes
    15. Kenny Vaccaro
    16. Keenan Allen
    17. Ziggy Ansah
    18. Chance Warmack
    19. Tank Carradine
    20. Alec Ogletree
    21. John Cyprien
    22. Eric Reid
    23. DeAndre Hopkins
    24. Sheldon Richardson
    25. Sharrif Floyd
    26. Menelik Watson
    27. Cordarrelle Patterson
    28. Desmond Trufant
    29. Bjoern Werner
    30. Ryan Nassib
    31. Tyler Eifert
    32. Justin Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.