Page 527 of 632 FirstFirst ... 522523524525526527528529530531532 ... LastLast
Results 15,781 to 15,810 of 18950

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Boldin to the Niners... Dear God the NFC West is beasting today.

Ha. This is great news for the rest of the AFC and bad news for Air-Ball Joe Flaco and the SB Champs.

All of a sudden it looks like the Ravens paid waaaayyyyyyyyy to much to lock up their SB MVP QB.

Don't look for the Pats to match anything Wes Welker gets on the open market. THey'll snatch up Amendola, re-sign Edelman and have 2 Welker-lites to rotate thru the slot. It won't be as good but there is no love lost between Welker and Evil Bill. Re-signing Vollmer should be a priority as Brady is one blind-side hit away from a first row seat to the Ryan Mallett show.
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.

I'm sure they will figure out the Boldin thing, the Ravens have one of the stronger front offices in the league and typically like to go the way of the draft. Their main concerns had to be their super bowl winning QB, Lewis' heir apparent, and the best safety in the NFL, they will surely miss Boldin but they will get over it.

FYI Dolphin fans... I would start shaking a little, it looks like the Vikings are going to enter the Mike Wallace sweepstakes tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

I'm curious, is there anything stopping another team from offering Baltimore a 5th before the trade can be official tomorrow?

Damn I leave the house for 90 mins and Boldin become a 9er. It's great we only gave up a 6th round pick for him but he is not going to make it any easier for cap space this season. However we have desperately needed a legit 2nd wide receiver for a few seasons now so he fills nicely. I wonder if this move is made though if Harvin doesn't go to Seattle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    I'm curious, is there anything stopping another team from offering Baltimore a 5th before the trade can be official tomorrow?
    Probably not however that's pretty unethical I think. It's not the draft pick that is the concern for most teams though. I think most teams would be willing to give up a 5th for Boldin. It's his 7 million against the cap that is causing the problem for most teams. Plus I read he his in Africa right now anyways so it wont be official until he returns and does his physical.

I doubt they would have that knee-jerk of a reaction to another team's transaction. They have proved to be very prudent in decision making, never signing someone out of desperation and paying a reasonable price for them since Harbaugh has been on board. However, of the two acquisitions is there any doubt who comes out ahead? The Seahawks just performed a coup in my opinion. Adding that explosiveness to that burgeoning offense is huge. You've got a solid vertical threat, adding a great screen game asset, and a dynamic running game that has 3 solid options (Lynch, Wilson, and Harvin) that gives Carroll about a million ways to go from down to down and series to series. It's going to be a great watch to see who comes out of the West between these two juggernauts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Seattle overpaid for Harvin??
    Probably not, but you won't find any Seahawks fans making that claim. Here's a rundown of Harvin's stats since entering the league.

The 24-year-old Harvin has 7,168 all-purpose yards in his four-season career with 29 touchdowns (20 receiving, five return, four rushing). He also has 280 receptions in 54 career games.
    He is an extremely rare talent, and there's not any players in this year's draft that are even close to his level. The only thing that concerns me are his attitude and chronic migraines. Hopefully both of those issues are on the mend. Our offense is going to be down right frightening next year. Russell seemed like he and Zach Miller finally got on the same page in the playoffs. Our wide reciever corp goes Harvin/Rice/Tate. Oh yeah, and Lynch in the backfield. Today is a great day.

As a Vikings fan, yeah he had the image of being a whiney bitch. But it was ONLY off the field. Unlike, say, Randy Moss, who was known for constantly mailing it in, HARVIN ALWAYS PLAYED HIS ASS OFF. He'll most definitely be missed here, but I think it became apparant that the bridge had been burned betwee him and coaching/management. If you can't get along with Leslie Frazier (who seems to be one of the cooler, nicer guys around), you probably probably have to move on.

The one thing I'll speculate- The Seahawks I'm pretty sure have a lot of money tied up into Sydney Rice. He's a solid receiver, but he's too injury prone. I expect him to be cut if/when they sign Harvin long-tem. Harvin with Tate, Baldwin, etc should be good enough. I wouldn't mind the Vikings trying to get Rice back if the price is right.
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Also worth noting that this whole deal was made possible due to the front office brilliance of John Schneider. When you find your franchise quarterback in the third round then you get to break the bank on players like Harvin. Russell Wilson is scheduled to make $526,217 this season. For more reasons than one, I feel like Harvin owes his new QB a steak dinner or two.

Cardinals fans- before Kolb got hurt, he did pretty well. Do you really wanna waste pick #7 on Geno Smith? I mean is he enough of an upgrade to justify picking a QB that early? Do they trade back? Would they maybe draft Matt Barkley round 2 instead? Thoughts?
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by fiopadp7791 View Post
    The one thing I'll speculate- The Seahawks I'm pretty sure have a lot of money tied up into Sydney Rice. He's a solid receiver, but he's too injury prone. I expect him to be cut if/when they sign Harvin long-tem. Harvin with Tate, Baldwin, etc should be good enough. I wouldn't mind the Vikings trying to get Rice back if the price is right.
    Hahahahaha. Sidney Rice isn't going anywhere. The Seahawks were already way under the cap and thanks to the affordability of our franchise quarterback (see above) we'll be set for a couple years.

I hope the Vikings throw the bank at Mkike Wallace, or trade to get Victor Cruz. You can argue that giving up a 1st rounder to get Cruz seems like a lot, but I'd rather use a 1st round pick to get Victor Cruz than to get one of the rookie receivers. I honestly want the Vikings to trade up to get Chance Warmack from 'Bama if he falls past say? Pick 15?
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Hahahahaha. Sidney Rice isn't going anywhere. The Seahawks were already way under the cap and thanks to the affordability of our franchise quarterback (see above) we'll be set for a couple years.
    Ah ok. I just assumed most teams were teetering close to the cap and he'd be a natural victim. It would be great to have both of them, if Rice can stay healthy.

How many years away is the ticking time bomb of Seattle signing all their young studs, and Lynch for that matter too (if he somehow stays outta trouble/healthy lol)?
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

Ah ok. I just assumed most teams were teetering close to the cap and he'd be a natural victim. It would be great to have both of them, if Rice can stay healthy.

How many years away is the ticking time bomb of Seattle signing all their young studs, and Lynch for that matter too (if he somehow stays outta trouble/healthy lol)?
    Here's a rundown on all of the top players we've acquired since Carroll/Schneider took over:

If you're gonna break the bank on expensive trades/free agents, buy young. I would say we can probably afford to keep everyone until Russell Wilson's rookie contract expires (in 2015 I think.)

Also, Sidney Rice was healthy all of last year. Started every single game. Don't suppose you guys would interested in sending AP our way too?

I feel like both Lynch and Rice should be older then 26 years old.

That Heathcliff looking motherfucker Lynch is 26?! My god he ages terribly.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    That's because both of them were impact players early in their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Also, Sidney Rice was healthy all of last year. Started every single game. Don't suppose you guys would interested in sending AP our way too?
    Can't give you AP, but we'll gladly give you Ponder ;p
    As a Vikings fan it's questionable at best how good he is. I'd almost be willing to take Matt Flynn off your hands and Ponder could be your backup lol
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Rice had his 3rd year with the Seahawks last year I think? And I'm pretty sure AP is 28. Him and Lynch were in the same draft class. Pretty sure both Rice and Lynch are both 28
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

I'd almost be willing to take Matt Flynn off your hands and Ponder could be your backup lol
    I wish we could have found a way to throw Matt Flynn into the deal. He's on our books for $5million, which isn't that much for a QB but when your starter makes 10% of that it's pretty absurd.

Rice had his 3rd year with the Seahawks last year I think? And I'm pretty sure AP is 28. Him and Lynch were in the same draft class. Pretty sure both Rice and Lynch are both 28
    I just looked it up. AP is 27, Lynch and Rice are indeed 26. However 26 for a RB with the amount of carriers Lynch has is makes him and "older" running back even though he isn't old. I wish I could say the same thing about AP but he proved he isn't human last season.

That screen shot I posted was from today's NFC West blog. The ages are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Boldin to the Niners
    This is the worst possible news ever. fuck.

Cardinals fans- before Kolb got hurt, he did pretty well. Do you really wanna waste pick #7 on Geno Smith? I mean is he enough of an upgrade to justify picking a QB that early? Do they trade back? Would they maybe draft Matt Barkley round 2 instead? Thoughts?
    I'd like to take the best offensive lineman available. No quarterback has any chance playing behind a bunch of matadors. I don't want Geno, and I don't want another Matty Beer Bong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I'd like to take the best offensive lineman available. No quarterback has any chance playing behind a bunch of matadors. I don't want Geno, and I don't want another Matty Beer Bong.
    It's amazing how the Cardinals front office have yet to figure this concept out.

Do you really wanna waste pick #7 on Geno Smith? I mean is he enough of an upgrade to justify picking a QB that early?
    No.

by which I mean, fuck no.

Geno Smith won't be there, the Raiders will take him. You're getting an OT, probably Lane Johnson so chill.

Boldin is a big cap hit for how much he'll produce for the team but it's not too bad. Good for the Ravens who would've otherwise gotten nothing for cutting him.

Sweepstakes for Wallace? Please. He's one of the most overrated WRs in free agency right now. The guy has a hard time separating from the defense and could only get it gone with Ben took 7 secs to get the ball out. As soon as Ben went out Wallace disappeared. He's going to be overpaid along with Hartline. MIA is better off drafting somebody.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Geno Smith won't be there, the Raiders will take him.
    Not happening. Reggie McKenzie is not Al Davis.

You're right, he isn't. But they will still be pulling some Al Davis shit.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This is the worst possible news ever. fuck.
    Worse than Percy Harvin going to Seattle to boot?

I guess we'll see next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.