Page 525 of 622 FirstFirst ... 520521522523524525526527528529530 ... LastLast
Results 15,721 to 15,750 of 18635

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    The absence of any elite players in this draft (with the exception of POSSIBLY Warmack) trading into the top 5 or 10 seems like a huge waste considering there isn't a world of difference of talent that will be available to them come the end of the 1st round. I could maybe see them trading into the middle of the round but not into the top of the round, not worth it.
    I recall reading from a source that if they decide not to keep Palmer then they badly want a QB and would be willing to use their 1st on one, which if Geno is gonna be there now then I could definitely see that happening. That rumor popped up again a day or two ago so there may be some truth to that. The current personnel there have no ties to Palmer nor Pryor so this move wouldn't surprise me.
    If Geno is still available at #8 and my Bills don't take him... I will break things. I'd be surprised if he made it past the top-10, even if he's not as sure-fire as Andrew Luck. QB isn't as big an issue for your franchise as it is for mine, comparatively speaking.

Edit: assuming Oaktown doesn't take him at 3... which would be a reach.
    Last edited by ramblinon; 02-28-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Your Bills are doing the exact opposite in this draft, they will be trying to get Fitz more weapons, I see Cordarrelle Patterson in your future... Trust me, that's not a bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    I disagree. We have so many holes to fill, we can use all the picks we can get. And like many have said, the drop in talent in this years draft is supposedly not that big, so if we can stockpile picks by trading down, I think Reggie would do it in a heartbeat. Not to mention we don't even have a 2nd rounder right now.
    I'm not too familiar with the new Raiders regime other than the fact that they are fucking cut throat but I highly doubt they will be getting rid of the #3 pick. I can see them going for Jarvis Jones on the defensive side or Eric Fisher on the offensive side. Both are fucking studs, outside of some health concerns I would actually call Jones an elite talent at his position.

Also, if the Jags for some stupid reason pass up on that monster from Florida Shariff Floyd, he has Black and Silver written all over him, I doubt he gets passed up though.
    Last edited by ThomThom; 02-28-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fiopadp7791 View Post
    I think Dee Milliner fits this description better than anyone.
    He's going top-10. Browns are looking at him to put opposite of Haden.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinon View Post
    If Geno is still available at #8 and my Bills don't take him... I will break things. I'd be surprised if he made it past the top-10, even if he's not as sure-fire as Andrew Luck. QB isn't as big an issue for your franchise as it is for mine, comparatively speaking.

Edit: assuming Oaktown doesn't take him at 3... which would be a reach.
    Don't be pissed of the Bills pass on Geno, if anything you should be hoping they do. He's not worth a pick that high and Patterson at that point would be much more beneficial for your team. As far as I'm concerned, Geno is very similar to Alex Smith ability-wise, meaning that's probably his ceiling too. He needs an offense that will cater to his abilities/weaknesses, much like Alex. Do you really wanna spend a first on someone like that? I'd honestly wait until the second or third and grab Tyler Bray who I think is the best prospect and with the right coaching, could possibly turn into a damn fine QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    He's going top-10. Browns are looking at him to put opposite of Haden.
    That would be quite a combination, Horton would be in heaven... Sadly though I don't think Milliner get's past Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    I disagree. We have so many holes to fill, we can use all the picks we can get. And like many have said, the drop in talent in this years draft is supposedly not that big, so if we can stockpile picks by trading down, I think Reggie would do it in a heartbeat. Not to mention we don't even have a 2nd rounder right now.
    You guys want Geno Smith, end of story.

As a Browns fan I'd be pretty disappointed if they took another corner. They need a difference maker up front on defense and in a draft full of them I can't justify taking a corner. I still shudder thinking about the first round pick they flushed down the toilet last year on Weeden.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemz View Post
    As a Browns fan I'd be pretty disappointed if they took another corner. They need a difference maker up front on defense and in a draft full of them I can't justify taking a corner. I still shudder thinking about the first round pick they flushed down the toilet last year on Weeden.
    I am a Browns fan and I can totally justify taking another corner. Sheldon Brown is a FA and is toast anyway. The remaining corners (Buster Skrine, Trevin Wade, Johnson Bademosi) are nickels / backups. They need someone opposite of Haden and this is a passing league now where teams are often lining up 3-5 receivers with regularity. They should go with a CB or a LB that will fit in the 3-4 /4-3 hybrid they intend on running.

Milliner is one of their top targets at the moment. If they are able to steal Paul Kruger from Baltimore like I believe they want to, then I wouldn't be surprised or upset to see them snag Milliner at 6 if he is available. Milliner and Haden (with that defensive staff) could be very strong tandem.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    I am a Browns fan and I can totally justify taking another corner. Sheldon Brown is a FA and is toast anyway. The remaining corners (Buster Skrine, Trevin Wade, Johnson Bademosi) are nickels / backups. They need someone opposite of Haden and this is a passing league now where teams are often lining up 3-5 receivers with regularity. They should go with a CB or a LB that will fit in the 3-4 /4-3 hybrid they intend on running.

Milliner is one of their top targets at the moment. If they are able to steal Paul Kruger from Baltimore like I believe they want to, then I wouldn't be surprised or upset to see them snag Milliner at 6 if he is available. Milliner and Haden (with that defensive staff) could be very strong tandem.

Solid argument, and completely agree it's a passing league. I think that taking Millner wouldn't be a horrible pick in that light. But my concern still stands. They don't have an anchor or a formidable, game changing pass rusher. You can have the best corners in the league but if you can't put pressure on the quarterback then it won't matter, someone will get open. Putting pressure on the quarterback consistently is the tried and true way to stopping the leagues best qb's, e.g. Giants over Pats, Niners over Packers. I mean, the Niners are actually the perfect example. Plug in a capable corner and that pass rush can make them look like Pro Bowlers because they force bad throws that are easily picked off. I totally see what you're saying and think that either way, as long as they grab a defensive difference maker and don't go off the wall and try and draft some sexy receiver, they won't go wrong.

I wish Dion Jordan hadn't had such a nice combine and he could slip to the Saints at 15. But hey, I'll take Barkevious Mingo.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Well, those 6 games earned Joe Flacco a shit ton of money.
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Seriously, in what way shape or form is Joe Flacco get to be the highest paid player in NFL history? Granted he had a great stretch at the very end but he is still isn't the top QB or even top 5 QB for that matter. Good for him though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Yeah, that's not going to backfire. As someone who loathes the Ravens, I couldn't be happier they made this deal.
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Seriously, in what way shape or form is Joe Flacco get to be the highest paid player in NFL history? Granted he had a great stretch at the very end but he is still isn't the top QB or even top 5 QB for that matter. Good for him though.
    Why do people act like Flacco had never done a fucking thing in this league until this postseason? The guy has been solid since day one. He owns several NFL postseason records. The $16 million he was offered by the Ravens may have been "fair." He thought he could improve and get more money and the only way that was going to happen was if he won a Super Bowl. He did just that and I'm sure the Ravens feel like it's money well spent. He won't be the highest paid player in NFL history for long.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Your Bills are doing the exact opposite in this draft, they will be trying to get Fitz more weapons, I see Cordarrelle Patterson in your future... Trust me, that's not a bad thing.
    Shut your dirty whore mouth. Granted, we need a legitimate #2 WR, but giving it to Fitz is a waste of talent. I assume the front office realizes Fitz isn't the answer...I hope...

Anyway, I like talking to Raiders fans...y'all understand perennial suckiness. Not too many fans can relate to constant kicks in the nuts like we can.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Why do people act like Flacco had never done a fucking thing in this league until this postseason? The guy has been solid since day one. He owns several NFL postseason records. The $16 million he was offered by the Ravens may have been "fair." He thought he could improve and get more money and the only way that was going to happen was if he won a Super Bowl. He did just that and I'm sure the Ravens feel like it's money well spent. He won't be the highest paid player in NFL history for long.

When did I say he hasn't done anything? I know he has been a solid QB and I've been a fan of him since day one. That doesn't change the fact I still don't think he is a top 5 QB in the league nor does he deserve to be the highest paid player in history. And yes I'm pretty sure it will only last until Rodgers becomes a free agent in two years.

Don't be pissed of the Bills pass on Geno, if anything you should be hoping they do. He's not worth a pick that high and Patterson at that point would be much more beneficial for your team. As far as I'm concerned, Geno is very similar to Alex Smith ability-wise, meaning that's probably his ceiling too. He needs an offense that will cater to his abilities/weaknesses, much like Alex. Do you really wanna spend a first on someone like that? I'd honestly wait until the second or third and grab Tyler Bray who I think is the best prospect and with the right coaching, could possibly turn into a damn fine QB.
    QB is our most glaring need. I have to believe that Geno would give us a better chance to win than Fitz. Then again, with the new coaching regime, who knows...considering the new coach Marrone is from Syracuse, I think that if for whatever reason Geno is gone, we might pursue Nassib from SU. Pretty solid, flexible QB, reminded me of Roethlisberger (sp?), but disappointed at the combine. Pre-combine would have considered him our 2nd round pick, but I guess it's up in the air now. He's a talented guy though, he'll do someone well. But yeah, I'll gladly take the risk of Geno...some glimmer of hope for us beleaguered fans.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    That doesn't change the fact I still don't think he is a top 5 QB in the league nor does he deserve to be the highest paid player in history. And yes I'm pretty sure it will only last until Rodgers becomes a free agent in two years.
    Well it's arguable that most NFL players don't deserve the money they earn. That's got nothing to do with it. Flacco claimed he was the best QB in the NFL and this postseason he played like it. He could have taken his top-10 QB money and been fine but instead he decided to try and win the Super Bowl and get paid. It was a ballsy move that could have easily backfired and he deserves every penny the Ravens throw at him.

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinon View Post
    QB is our most glaring need. I have to believe that Geno would give us a better chance to win than Fitz. Then again, with the new coaching regime, who knows...considering the new coach Marrone is from Syracuse, I think that if for whatever reason Geno is gone, we might pursue Nassib from SU. Pretty solid, flexible QB, reminded me of Roethlisberger (sp?), but disappointed at the combine. Pre-combine would have considered him our 2nd round pick, but I guess it's up in the air now. He's a talented guy though, he'll do someone well. But yeah, I'll gladly take the risk of Geno...some glimmer of hope for us beleaguered fans.
    To quote Daniel Jeremiah from NFL.com, "My philosophy is built on what I learned in Baltimore. We wouldn't take an average starter over a pro bowl caliber player just to fill a need." That's the way I feel about Geno Smith going in the top 10. He's definitely dependable but nothing special IMO, while other players in that spot are. FYI, he has the Bills taking Lane Johnson after Smith is already gone which I agree he'll be gone before the Bills pick.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Well it's arguable that most NFL players don't deserve the money they earn. That's got nothing to do with it. Flacco claimed he was the best QB in the NFL and this postseason he played like it. He could have taken his top-10 QB money and been fine but instead he decided to try and win the Super Bowl and get paid. It was a ballsy move that could have easily backfired and he deserves every penny the Ravens throw at him.
    So what's gonna happen when this slightly above average QB continues to be slightly above average and doesn't live up to his huge contract? That's the problem with mega sports contracts. Players need to be paid for what they are expected to produce, not for what they did. This contract says they expect him to be consistently as good as he was by the end of last season and I don't see that in him. Ultimately in a few years he'll be expected to restructure his contract or simply get cut for taking up too much cap space. What's important in these contracts are the guarantees, basically if there is a reasonable point where the team can bail.

Come on guys, you know these "highest paid player in the history of the NFL" contracts are all about timing, the dude was fucking flawless in the playoffs and hoisted the Lombardi as well as the MVP trophies less than a month ago, he deserves what he's getting as of right now and time will tell if he is THAT good. I can tell you that his numbers are up there with the best of them, is he worth more than Manning, Brady, or Rodgers? Fuck no, but his accolades are very relevant right now, I suspect Aaron Rodgers and/or Matt Ryan will be in the same position next year and will best his 20.1 million dollar average and get 20.2 and 3/4's.

I give Flacco a ton of credit for having balls of steel last off season when he told the Ravens who pretty much offered him a Matt Schaub/Tony Romo contract to go fuck themselves and went on record to tell everybody he was the best QB in the NFL, I'm sure his teammates found that to be pretty admirable.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Come on guys, you know these "highest paid player in the history of the NFL" contracts are all about timing, the dude was fucking flawless in the playoffs and hoisted the Lombardi as well as the MVP trophies less than a month ago, he deserves what he's getting as of right now and time will tell if he is THAT good. I can tell you that his numbers are up there with the best of them
    Flacco has been in league now for 5 seasons and has been starting since day one. We know exactly how good he is going to be at this point. As for his numbers go he has never passed for more the 4,000 yards highest TD total is only 25. Also he has only had a QB rating over 90 once so far in his career. Not saying those are bad stats I just wouldn't call that up there with the "best of them." He has also never made the Pro Bowl, which I admit could be contributed to the stupid fan voting and will probably get it next season regardless of how he plays now.

He's made it to the playoffs all five seasons, he's had some pretty fucked up offenses to deal with, has played on a team that has historically been known for it's defense, and for the most part has been one of the best Qb's on the road in the playoffs. Homeboy plays well when it matters most, hell even Eli won his two super bowls with 10-6 and 9-7 mediocre teams and never followed up those super bowls with a playoff berth and he's considered "elite".

I'm not saying he should be the highest paid player in the NFL, what I am saying is given his very recent superiority with one of the better playoff runs by a QB in recent memory, timing of his free agency eligibility, and a very solid five seasons (post season is what counts), I am not surprised in any way shape or form that they gave him a big contract... It's all about timing and relevance, and dude is pretty fucking hot right now.

Also, the motherfucker is 28 YEARS OLD!!!
    Last edited by ThomThom; 03-02-2013 at 11:12 AM.

It's really in Flacco's best interest to not demand so much money in a year where they are struggling with cap space unless he just wants the biggest pay check. If they don't continue success, his contract will be one of the first to be looked at. More cap room = able to sign/retain better players = more Super Bowls.

It's just an endless stupid cycle with NFL contracts. Player has good year, gets huge contract. OR free agent player gets overpaid (Meachem). Sets standard for superior players at his position who say "I'm better than him, I deserve more." (For this year, Meachem). Salary cap looms, players take pay cuts while others get cut. Rinse and repeat.

Interestingly enough, out of all the over $100 million contracts, the most actually paid out was $54 mil to Favre.

So what's gonna happen when this slightly above average QB continues to be slightly above average and doesn't live up to his huge contract?
    I don't know and I don't care. This conversation wasn't about whether or not the contract was a good thing for Baltimore. Bottom line is that football is a game, and that extends to the money side of it as well. I don't know how the off-season negotiations between Flacco and the Ravens went down but I imagine it was something like this:

Ozzie Newsome: Joe, we'd like to offer you $18 million a year for five years. I think you'll agree that's fair.
    Joe Flacco: But I've led this team to the playoffs every year I've been with the team. If Lee Evans could catch we would have went to the Super Bowl last year.
    Ozzie Newsome: You're very important to this team but let's be realistic. You're a slightly above average quarterback and that's what we believe you deserve.
    Joe Flacco: I disagree, I'm one of the best QBs in the league and I want my contract to reflect that.
    Ozzie Newsome: Very well, Joe, we can revisit this next off-season. If you want to be paid like an elite quarterback I suggest you win the division, beat Peyton Manning and Tom Brady on their home fields in the playoffs then deliver Baltimore its second championship while winning Super Bowl MVP honors.
    Joe Flacco: Any thing else?
    Ozzie Newsome: Yes, you can't commit a single turnover in the post season.
    Joe Flacco: Gotcha.
    Ozzie Newsome: Oh, and you must at least tie the post-season record for touchdown passes without an interception.
    Joe Flacco: Cool. We'll talk after the Super Bowl.

Watch the throne...

It's really in Flacco's best interest to not demand so much money in a year where they are struggling with cap space unless he just wants the biggest pay check. If they don't continue success, his contract will be one of the first to be looked at. More cap room = able to sign/retain better players = more Super Bowls.

It's just an endless stupid cycle with NFL contracts. Player has good year, gets huge contract. OR free agent player gets overpaid (Meachem). Sets standard for superior players at his position who say "I'm better than him, I deserve more." (For this year, Meachem). Salary cap looms, players take pay cuts while others get cut. Rinse and repeat.

Interestingly enough, out of all the over $100 million contracts, the most actually paid out was $54 mil to Favre.

Flacco is not Brady.....

That Favre stat is wrong. Roethlisberger's contract was front-heavy, so it's already paid out over $70M and Carson Palmer's last Bengals contract was as well, so he was at the $75M mark before his retire-Raiders stunt.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

*based upon tedious fact checking.

You sound bitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.