Page 524 of 630 FirstFirst ... 519520521522523524525526527528529 ... LastLast
Results 15,691 to 15,720 of 18891

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

woot.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

The Chiefs will be alright so long as that Walrus realizes they have the 5th best running game in the NFL and his new QB of the future is a clock manager. Fucking steal for the Niners, assholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

The Chiefs look a lot like the 49ers did a couple years ago. Above average defense, offensive line and running game... Personally, I would draft Floyd #1 overall so that they could have one of the youngest high ceiling defensive lines.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Say thank you to the Cardinals for jacking that price up.

Way to go Cardinals.
    Laugh it up, Tom. If the Chiefs would have thrown Brandon Flowers into the deal along with the second round pick that would have been almost identical to the bounty the Cards gave up for Kevin Kolb - minus the bloated contract. That said, I wish the Chiefs would sent some of those picks up north for Matt Flynn. The last thing the Niners needed was more draft picks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl---s...211130553.html

This writer seems to think the 49ers will use a lot of the extra picks they have this draft (I guess they could have as many as 14) to try and get Darelle Revis from the Jets. I don't see them using those picks on a high-priced player in the last year of his deal coming off a devastating knee injury. Unless it was their mid-late round picks.

What's more likely is doing what the Jets, Falcons and Redskins have done in recent years- trade a bunch of their picks to move up to get a #1 corner. The Jets did it to get Sanchez, the Falcons did it to get Julio Jones, and the Redskins to get RG3. The 49ers could give up a bunch of picks, and still have some semblance of a draft with all the extra picks they have.

Moving up to get Alabama's Dee Milliner or Florida St's Xavier Rhodes could both fit this description. Most of those teams in the top 10 have so many needs that moving back later into the draft with more picks might be the better solution. To me, this seems more likely than rolling the dice on Revis if A) you don't think you have the cap-space to sign him after this season, and B) not knowing for sure how he'll recover from the knee injury he had.
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

The niners could very well acquire Revis and refuse to extend his contract - make him play out the final year and hopefully he puts them over the edge. I doubt it, but it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Laugh it up, Tom. If the Chiefs would have thrown Brandon Flowers into the deal along with the second round pick that would have been almost identical to the bounty the Cards gave up for Kevin Kolb - minus the bloated contract. That said, I wish the Chiefs would sent some of those picks up north for Matt Flynn. The last thing the Niners needed was more draft picks.
    People who didn't follow DRC closely give him a lot more credit than those of us who did.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    The niners could very well acquire Revis and refuse to extend his contract - make him play out the final year and hopefully he puts them over the edge. I doubt it, but it's possible.
    This. They have nothing to lose by giving up draft picks. They now have a potential 15 picks. Even if they didn't make a move and used all 15 picks, only about half or so are actually going to make the team. And out of the ones that do that majority wouldn't even get much playing time as we are already a young team with not much holes. We can give up 5 picks or so to get Revis and still have a normal draft. Revis comes in a fixes a hole and then hopefully we can resign him. And if we don't well then honestly not much loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    This. They have nothing to lose by giving up draft picks. They now have a potential 15 picks. Even if they didn't make a move and used all 15 picks, only about half or so are actually going to make the team. And out of the ones that do that majority wouldn't even get much playing time as we are already a young team with not much holes. We can give up 5 picks or so to get Revis and still have a normal draft. Revis comes in a fixes a hole and then hopefully we can resign him. And if we don't well then honestly not much loss.
    true, but it's the specific picks they give up if they go this route. It won't be many high ones. But the Jets may do it anyway because they have cap issues. If Revis doesn't wanna be there (with the Jets I mean) because he doesn't feel he'll get paid, the Jets could dump him off just to get some compensatory picks and the salary dump. But it won't be anything earlier than a 4th rounder I'd guess
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

If Alex Smith can be traded for a second round pick then Revis can be also.

That's not usually the norm... The 49ers either bluffed the Chiefs in thinking another team was willing to pay close to that price, or maybe the 49ers just planned on keeping him unless a team was willing to pay that high of a pick to get him. But I'd say that's not the norm.

If Revis was locked up long-term, maybe. But remember his deal is up at the end of next season and he's coming off a knee injury. Not everyone will comeback from a knee injury like Adrian Peterson did. So I highly doubt the 49ers would use a 2nd rounder to get him unless they locked him up to a long-term deal, or the Jets did first.

I still think the 49ers could still use their extra picks to move up into the top 10 to try and get Dee Milliner.
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

The chiefs are more in need of a QB and SF was able to get away with murder, so thats why it even happened. I think it woudl end up being kinda funny if they got Revis and ended up getting bumped after only one playoff game just like Denver did this postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by fiopadp7791 View Post
    That's not usually the norm... The 49ers either bluffed the Chiefs in thinking another team was willing to pay close to that price, or maybe the 49ers just planned on keeping him unless a team was willing to pay that high of a pick to get him. But I'd say that's not the norm.

If Revis was locked up long-term, maybe. But remember his deal is up at the end of next season and he's coming off a knee injury. Not everyone will comeback from a knee injury like Adrian Peterson did. So I highly doubt the 49ers would use a 2nd rounder to get him unless they locked him up to a long-term deal, or the Jets did first.

I still think the 49ers could still use their extra picks to move up into the top 10 to try and get Dee Milliner.
    True but you also have to keep in mind that because we have so many draft picks and can afford them we might just offer a higher pick then it might be worth just to prevent him from going to another team. And no not everyone comes back like AP did. But part of the amazing thing about AP was his knee was at the end of the previous season while Revis was in the beginning so he should have plenty of time to be ready for the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    The Chiefs look a lot like the 49ers did a couple years ago. Above average defense, offensive line and running game... Personally, I would draft Floyd #1 overall so that they could have one of the youngest high ceiling defensive lines.
    I think that could be a possibility but being that they drafted Poe really high last year and have some other options at DT either in house or through FA they may just go with the safest pick in the draft which is Joeckel. Of course this depends on whether or not they decide to write Branden Albert a blank check.

Revis to the Niners makes a lot of sense if it weren't for that ridiculous contract that he wants, I can't see a GM as intelligent as Baalke giving a "shutdown corner" as much money as an elite QB annually.

True but you also have to keep in mind that because we have so many draft picks and can afford them we might just offer a higher pick then it might be worth just to prevent him from going to another team. And no not everyone comes back like AP did. But part of the amazing thing about AP was his knee was at the end of the previous season while Revis was in the beginning so he should have plenty of time to be ready for the start of the season.
    I just think there's too much risk if you're giving up a high pick. If Revis' knee is right he's the best corner in the league. But between the knee injury, the big money he'd make this season and no guarantee to sign him long-term, I think the better move would be to move up in the 1st round to really get one of those top-10 studs. A lot of teams have so many holes they'd be more than willing to move back for extra picks.
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

I just think there's too much risk if you're giving up a high pick. If Revis' knee is right he's the best corner in the league. But between the knee injury, the big money he'd make this season and no guarantee to sign him long-term, I think the better move would be to move up in the 1st round to really get one of those top-10 studs. A lot of teams have so many holes they'd be more than willing to move back for extra picks.
    Good point, if Harbaugh is eyeing somebody in particular with top 15 talent, there are a shit load of teams looking to get out of the early first round, the talent in the second round is not too far from the talent in the first round this year.

I think Dee Milliner fits this description better than anyone.

Maybe the WR from Cal or the burner from West Virginia who Kiper says shot up the draft board due to impressive combine numbers. Or a stud DT to eventually replace Justin Smith.
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

I think Dee Milliner fits this description better than anyone.

Maybe the WR from Cal or the burner from West Virginia who Kiper says shot up the draft board due to impressive combine numbers. Or a stud DT to eventually replace Justin Smith.
    Milliner is a top 5 pick though, I'd be shocked if they moved up that high... Especially for somebody who is certainly not as skilled as Patrick Peterson or Morris Claiborne (top corners from last 2 drafts). Cordarrelle Patterson could be somebody they move up for, especially if they let Moss and Ginn walk.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Milliner is a top 5 pick though, I'd be shocked if they moved up that high... Especially for somebody who is certainly not as skilled as Patrick Peterson or Morris Claiborne (top corners from last 2 drafts). Cordarrelle Patterson could be somebody they move up for, especially if they let Moss and Ginn walk.
    I think it's debatable how good Milliner is. But the combine didn't do anything to hurt him. I think it may not be as costly to move up high in the first round as in past years. Guards and right tackles, who are almost never regarded as top 10 picks, could make up a good chunk of the top 10 this season. With a lack of high quality skill position players this season, I think it won't cost as much to move up in the first round.
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

With that being said. Chance Warmack is only a guard, but holy shit was he a beast at the combine. I know there's no chance of them getting him, but he'd look awesome blocking for Adrian Peterson
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

Yeah I fucking love Chance Warmack, don't think he will be available for us at 18... Sad panda.

Revis' knee or what draft picks to trade for him isn't what I'm concerned about if the Niners were interested in him. It's the huge ass contract he is going to want. The guy has no qualms about holding out. I'm not sure if the team wants to throw a bunch of draft picks for a guy that will essentially be a 1 year rental. Crabtree, A. Davis, Iupati, and Kaepernick are all going to be needing new contracts in the near future and having the highest paid defense and defensive player in the league isn't going to be pretty. Having said that, the situation is very reminiscent of when the Niners went after Deion in 94.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

Which is why I think they're more liekly to trade up in the top 10 of the 1st round than go after Revis
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

the Raiders will take 7 of those picks off your hands for the #3 pick Niners, win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    the Raiders will take 7 of those picks off your hands for the #3 pick Niners, win-win.
    Sportscenter just broke it down- They have only 1 1st and 1 4th Round pick.
    But they have 2 picks in rounds 2,3, and 5. And that doesn't count compensatory picks that they'll get for players they lost going into last season.

But as I said- since this draft is void of high-end skill position players, I think it'll be cheaper to move up in this draft compared to other recent drafts.
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    I think the Raiders are a team that needs to keep their pick. If Star Lotuleilei gets a good 2nd opinion (on his heart condition... he's trying to get one so he can work out at his pro day), or there's another high-end run-stuffer available worthy of a top 5 pick, they need to take that player. They cut Richard Seymour on top of of their already glaring run-stopping needs right?
    Last edited by fiopadp7791; 02-28-2013 at 08:36 AM.
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

The absence of any elite players in this draft (with the exception of POSSIBLY Warmack) trading into the top 5 or 10 seems like a huge waste considering there isn't a world of difference of talent that will be available to them come the end of the 1st round. I could maybe see them trading into the middle of the round but not into the top of the round, not worth it.

I could also see the 49ers drafting Marcus Lattimore also. They have so many picks, they can afford to use one on him and possibly have him sit for the year.

I think the Raiders are a team that needs to keep their pick. If Star Lotuleilei gets a good 2nd opinion (on his heart condition... he's trying to get one so he can work out at his pro day), or there's another high-end run-stuffer available worthy of a top 5 pick, they need to take that player. They cut Richard Seymour on top of of their already glaring run-stopping needs right?
    I recall reading from a source that if they decide not to keep Palmer then they badly want a QB and would be willing to use their 1st on one, which if Geno is gonna be there now then I could definitely see that happening. That rumor popped up again a day or two ago so there may be some truth to that. The current personnel there have no ties to Palmer nor Pryor so this move wouldn't surprise me.
    Last edited by TickleMeElmo; 02-28-2013 at 11:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Oakland's offense could do a lot with a Smith type. They are extremely fast at all skill positions and with the right scheme in place could set Smith up for success. I don't hate that pick.

EDIT: That being said, this is the Raiders, and Smith will get overpaid and wind up investing that money into a state of the art codeine factory

I disagree. We have so many holes to fill, we can use all the picks we can get. And like many have said, the drop in talent in this years draft is supposedly not that big, so if we can stockpile picks by trading down, I think Reggie would do it in a heartbeat. Not to mention we don't even have a 2nd rounder right now.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!