Page 511 of 626 FirstFirst ... 506507508509510511512513514515516 ... LastLast
Results 15,301 to 15,330 of 18772

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Rob Ryan improved the Dallas defense and improved the Cleveland defense only to get the ax in both places. Rob Ryan's big problem is that he ends up in the worst situations you can imagine. The Raiders, the Browns, the Cowboys... Two pathetic franchises and one that is a circus ran by Jerry Jones. Give Rob Ryan a decent set of talent to work and a stable organization and he would look like a great defensive coordinator.

It always seems to me that he is trying to be too fancy with all his match-ups and substitutions. This type of defense will always end up getting beat by quality QBs like Brady and Manning, that can run effective hurry-up offenses that keep the defenders on the field and not allow substitutions. Brilliant defensive coordinators then have to waste time-outs to get the right personel/packages in.

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    So give him a good defense and then he will appear to look like a good coordinator... Good reasoning
    A good defense with a shitty coordinator still isn't going to look that good. And a good coordinator with a shitty defense can make the defense look good. The point was that Rob Ryan has been in some shitty situations and he was the scape goat when clearly it wasn't all of his fault in every situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Cowboys hire Monte Kiffen as new D coordinator. I'm scratching my head on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Cowboys hire Monte Kiffen as new D coordinator. I'm scratching my head on this one.
    Me too. Anyone want to start taking bets on whether he dies before he's fired or vice versa?

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyBath View Post
    How can anyone put any eggs in Matty Ice's basket until he's proven something. Like anything of importance.
    This is sort of my reasoning too, though not exactly. Atlanta has tended to fizzle badly in the playoffs. and yeah Russell Wilson already has more playoff wins than Matt Ryan.

but mostly i'm picking Seattle based on the Cardinals' game in Atlanta, which they should have won and would have won if they had gotten even mediocre QB play rather than truly bad QB play. That Falcon team is soft and got lucky in spots and also feasted on a weak NFC South.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

So excited for tomorrow's Broncos game. I haven't bent this excited since 97'. It's like Christmas Eve. Last year was bullshit, I knew that they were not getting past the Patriots. This year I have a good feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Me too. Anyone want to start taking bets on whether he dies before he's fired or vice versa?
    His son is the one person that would put him in the grave before Jerry Jones will. I can see why he left USC. But why not retire instead?
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Hes worried he'll retire and die 3 weeks later like Joe Pa. Monte seems like the kind of guy to work till the day he dies.
    Anything to get away from the c*** kid of his
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    In reference to my pooltracker winnings, can I "let it ride" on this bet? Double or nothing?
    Why not? I'm due for some winnings.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda421 View Post
    Hes worried he'll retire and die 3 weeks later like Joe Pa. Monte seems like the kind of guy to work till the day he dies.
    Anything to get away from the c*** kid of his
    You're right that some of these guys can't let go and will do it until they pretty much pass on, but that's a horrible comparison to Joe-Pa. I seriously think he just did it to get away from his kid, and probably got a nice raise too (which of he gives to his kid, Lane can use it to buy som more recruits).
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

This has me so excited to watch this game tonight. An omen from 2006? A slighted Aaron Rodgers wanting revenge on the 49ers for not drafting him! Does he get his revenge in northern california, where he comes from! Who did they take, you ask.......well lets see, with the number 1 pick in 2006, they took Alex Smith! Does the fact that Alex Smith is benched make Aaron Rodgers angrier? I don't know. What I do know is that this was already a heavy weight fight BEFORE we knew we were getting a pissed off Aaron Rodgers.......i'm.......so........excited.....

Pats, Broncos, Seahawks, Packers (also because as a Cards fan I HATE the 49ers and always want the 49ers to lose)
    “We've spent so much time judging what other people created that we've created very, very little of our own.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

So being drafted into a great situation to learn and develop behind and all time great to eventually becoming the best QB in the league and winning a Superbowl instead of being drafted into a shitty team(at the time) and being thrown into the starting role and dealing multiple coaches and a different O coordinator every year and all of that bull shit Smith went through? Yes Rodgers is a better QB so maybe it wouldn't have been as bad but still wouldn't been as great for him to be on the Packers. ThE 49ers passed on him was probably the best thing for his career and I somehow think he is over it by now.

He may be. I hope not. Sure his situation is better but these are pro athletes with huge egos. This may still affect him and I'm really hoping so. You have to remember he also grew up a SF fan. Being passed over by his childhood team still impacts him...
    “We've spent so much time judging what other people created that we've created very, very little of our own.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

Poor fucking millionaire superstar Aaron Rodgers and his hurt butt.

He's over it.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Yeah, ARod is out for blood today. Good luck SF fans..
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by Pea View Post
    Poor fucking millionaire superstar Aaron Rodgers and his hurt butt.

He's over it.
    I think athletes can separate money and competition. The game isn't about money. It's about gaining an edge. That edge is he feels slighted. He thinks he was a better choice than Alex Smith. This is his chance to prove. I think it's on his mind.
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

Quote Originally Posted by pdhow View Post
    I think athletes can separate money and competition. The game isn't about money. It's about gaining an edge. That edge is he feels slighted. He thinks he was a better choice than Alex Smith. This is his chance to prove. I think it's on his mind.
    Hey dumbass, shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Highly Refined Pirate View Post
    Hey dumbass, shut up
    Wow, great argument. You really told me.

Your sound, logical argument really shut me up. Not to mention you founded your opinion of me on some sort of fact. Guess this is the level of sophistication I can expect from you......
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

These games today are going to be great possibly Ray Lewis' last game. Must watch TV.

I hope so. There has been so much built up about these games. I really hope they live up to the hype.
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

pdhow, the grammatical wunderkind

fuck the packers

This might make a difference in an early regular season game. I really can't imagine it would give him any edge in the playoffs.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Best believe the NFL and NBA are about money. It's about playing hard and earning your paycheck.

But yeah. At this point it's all about execution with instances of "who wants it more?"

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This might make a difference in an early regular season game. I really can't imagine it would give him any edge in the playoffs.
    I would argue he would be more mindful of it during the playoffs because of the stakes. People will more than likely remember when "Aaron Rodgers" knocked SF out of the playoffs more than when he lost to them Week 1. So he will be mindful of it and using it to gain an edge. This is his greatest opportunity to get back at them...in SF and it's the playoffs.

On a side note, Tom Az, as a fellow Cards fan what is your take on the coach search/GM hire/off-season in general thus far?

Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    Best believe the NFL and NBA are about money. It's about playing hard and earning your paycheck.

But yeah. At this point it's all about execution with instances of "who wants it more?"
    Forgive me, you are correct. It is about playing hard to earn a paycheck. I was wrong to state the game isn't about money. How much athletes focus on earning the next paycheck compared to how much they want to win for competition sake, I don't know. I just think (and maybe hope) that Aaron Rodgers is focused on this game for selfish reasons other than a paycheck. Besides he may be one of the few quarterbacks who has to worry about such a thing.
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

Fresh new Real Rob Report for those of you who watch.

So you are saying one playoff game 8 years later and he all of suddenly has revenge on his mind? Not any of the other times they have played the past 8 seasons. I'm sure he has revenge on his mind but for the first game of the season, not because of the draft.

Of course. And I'm sure he does care about winning for a legacy. And for his own greatness, etc. Revenge is up there I'm sure.

That toss by #18. Wow.

On a side note, Tom Az, as a fellow Cards fan what is your take on the coach search/GM hire/off-season in general thus far?
    I don't know what to think about Keim. everyone says he's a good smart guy but hasn't he been part of the same administration that has failed to build an OL or get a QB?

head coach, I'm glad they didn't hire Andy Reid, I don't know what else to think. We'll see when they hire someone. It'll be somebody's OC or DC somewhere. Maybe Horton, maybe someone else.

Kelly staying with the Irish. He will get his raise, and the Irish only lost one blue chip recruit in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.