Page 500 of 622 FirstFirst ... 495496497498499500501502503504505 ... LastLast
Results 14,971 to 15,000 of 18636

Thread: NFL Time

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Default Re: NFL Time

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    At this point I think Whisenhunt will view it as a relief when he's fired. The guy is a great motivator and a decent x's and o's coach but god damn he cannot evaluate talent to save his life. Ditto Rod Graves. Fire them both, keep Ray Horton as DC, get Todd Haley or Andy Reid or even Norv Turner in here to run the thing, and draft some fucking OTs.
    I would rate Whisenhunt above all three of the replacements you mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Except he's lost the team. I don't know how a head coach can recover from that.

And, he's a horrible, horrible talent evaluator. He finds guys he likes and sticks to them even though they suck. They drafted a mediocre WR with the #15 pick last year when the team had a crying need for an OT and there were good ones on the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Except he's lost the team. I don't know how a head coach can recover from that.

And, he's a horrible, horrible talent evaluator. He finds guys he likes and sticks to them even though they suck. They drafted a mediocre WR with the #15 pick last year when the team had a crying need for an OT and there were good ones on the board.
    So there is the problem with most of the NFL today. It's not a coaches issue but a General Manager issue. They are more concerned with filling seats and not with discovering talent. Money guys that have no clue what real talent is. Ever since the NFL gained their 501(c)(6) status shit has gone down hill. It's one giant commercial now.

Hahahaha...the downfall of the Cardinals. Go back and read this thread from early September.

The AFC is so bad that the Browns are only two back of the final wild card spot with three games to play. It most certainly won't happen but the fact that my team isn't mathematically eliminated at 5-8 is funny and I will grasp at any last straw I can to make the season more interesting for myself.

8-8 could get you in the playoffs in the AFC this year.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

seattle made it in at 7-9 and beat the bears at home 2 years ago. then the NFC won the super bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    8-8 could get you in the playoffs in the AFC this year.
    In the NFC, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    seattle made it in at 7-9 and beat the bears at home 2 years ago. then the NFC won the super bowl.
    So it was the Bears in the Saints' uniforms that game... no wonder they lost.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Eh, transport the Seahawks anywhere outside the city of Seattle, and they're one of the worst teams in the league.
    Lovie Smith would probably disagree.

At this point I think Whisenhunt will view it as a relief when he's fired. The guy is a great motivator and a decent x's and o's coach but god damn he cannot evaluate talent to save his life. Ditto Rod Graves. Fire them both, keep Ray Horton as DC, get Todd Haley or Andy Reid or even Norv Turner in here to run the thing, and draft some fucking OTs.
    Let the record reflect that during the Arizona Cardinals' darkest hour, the most humiliating loss in franchise history, that it was Pete Carroll and the Seattle Seahawks with their boot heels on your throats. It was such a thorough ass-raping that Pete even let Matt Flynn have a turn. You boys were real sweet.

heard Carroll let Flynn throw the ball with little time left in the game. What an arse.

This is a different situation because that was a division winner. It just so happened the NFC West was that awful. It's not like a 7-9 team got a wild card, which is the discussion that Jason brought up with the Browns.

Also, as was pointed out, it was the Saints who lost to Seattle. The Bears beat Seattle the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    This is a different situation because that was a division winner. It just so happened the NFC West was that awful. It's not like a 7-9 team got a wild card, which is the discussion that Jason brought up with the Browns.

Also, as was pointed out, it was the Saints who lost to Seattle. The Bears beat Seattle the following week.
    Exactly and I had a feeling this would happen when we were four or five weeks into the season and only two teams in the AFC were over .500. I actually went on a Browns message board and read a post from someone who broke down exactly what would need to happen for the Browns to sneak in.

Chances are extremely slim considering Cleveland has to travel to play Denver on the road in week 16 and the Broncos are fighting for a first round bye. The Washington game this Saturday looks more winnable especially with RG3 potentially out (or banged up at the very least). That Steelers game in Pittsburgh in week 17 also looks much more winnable with the way Pittsburgh has played of late.

I could still see Cleveland losing out and finishing 5-11. It's more probable than them finishing 8-8. But this is the latest in the season the Browns have had any glimmer of hope since 2007 and I am going to suck it up as much as possible for at least one more week.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post

a division winner finishing 7-9 makes a conference look pretty weak to me...
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

a division winner finishing 7-9 makes a conference look pretty weak to me...
    It can but it points more to how bad that division is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Alright, I'm officially starting to get fed up with Whiz. John Gruden, where you at?

So many problems, I don't even know where to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I think the Cardinals are the worst team in the league.

All these Pittsburgh transplants are severely overrated.

Whiz: "He has a great demeanor." Fuck you. Other than handing the reigns over to Warner, he hasn't done one thing that makes you believe he's a savvy coach. Draft picks, game planning, play calling, clock management, you name it, he's completely overrated. Cliche as it may seem, I do believe a teams attitude is a reflection of their head coach, and the Cardinals are a fucking joke.

Russ Grimm: Our offensive line is utterly atrocious. This was the first year the entire unit returned, and they're probably as bad as any line we've ever had. 29th in pass blocking.
    10/3/11 and 10/10/11

Just sayin'.

I think if the Cardinals decide to fire Whiz and get a new coach, I really hope they dont go with Ray Horton. We need a proven commodity like Gruden or Bill Cowher. If we hire Ray Horton just so that we don't lose him would be a big mistake. It sucks being an Arizona sports fan right now, the Cardinals suck, the Suns suck, and that means the the bandwagon fans are going to jump off.

the winning line from week 14:

TallGuyCM 12 12 Den StL Dal Cle TB Bal Atl NYJ Ind Chi SD SF Sea NYG GB NE 49

He had the sense to pick the Pats.
    Last edited by santasutt; 12-11-2012 at 05:52 AM.

Gruden inherited a well built team... he stinks

Mike Tomlin is the current Gruden
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by pdhow View Post
    I think if the Cardinals decide to fire Whiz and get a new coach, I really hope they dont go with Ray Horton. We need a proven commodity like Gruden or Bill Cowher. If we hire Ray Horton just so that we don't lose him would be a big mistake. It sucks being an Arizona sports fan right now, the Cardinals suck, the Suns suck, and that means the the bandwagon fans are going to jump off.
    I don't know what to think about Horton. The D loves him and would walk through fire for him. That doesn't necessarily make him a good head coach; most failed NFL head coaches were great OCs or DCs.

Not Cowher, no. Gruden, eh, I dunno. The more I think about this I'd rather keep Whisenhunt, fire Graves (or change his duties) and bring in a guy who is a proven expert at player selection and talent evaluation. Put him in charge of the roster and just let Whisenhunt coach football.

This morning on ESPN they were speculating if Nick Saban would like another crack at the NFL. That would be very interesting.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I don't know what to think about Horton. The D loves him and would walk through fire for him. That doesn't necessarily make him a good head coach; most failed NFL head coaches were great OCs or DCs.
    A reason to love him and reason to fear him as the head coach. I would love to keep Horton as our DC but my real fear is that the club hires him as HC simply because they fear losing him as a coach. I hope they would base more on their decision then that. Which I, of course, am not sure that it will definitely play out like that but the rumblings are in the air on Revenge of the Cardinals blog and other places that the club really doesn't want to lose him and feels he will get looked at in other places for a HC position.

Not Cowher, no. Gruden, eh, I dunno. The more I think about this I'd rather keep Whisenhunt, fire Graves (or change his duties) and bring in a guy who is a proven expert at player selection and talent evaluation. Put him in charge of the roster and just let Whisenhunt coach football.
    I like Whisenhunt as a tactician but not so much as a coach. I think the reason they can't keep Whisenhunt is he does not get the most out of his players. A good coach in 2012 looks at his team and adjusts to their strengths and weaknesses. Whisenhunt is a system guy. He thinks the players can and should adjust to his system. That doesn't make for good coaching in my opinion. Additionally, I think his choice of OC was awful. Mike Miller has to be the worst play caller in the NFL.

This morning on ESPN they were speculating if Nick Saban would like another crack at the NFL. That would be very interesting.
    Hmmmmmmm.........I"m curious.

Until the Cardinals get a quarterback and a line to block for that quarterback, (or a defense that's unworldly) it will never matter who the coach is.

The Cardinals were doing pretty well under Kolb. He got hurt and we have all seen what Skelton and Lindley have been able to do. Kolb's too injury prone to be relied on going forward though.

The thing is, blaming Whisenhunt's problems on not having a QB is kind of silly... since he and Graves have been the ones responsible for getting a QB in here when Warner retired. So the failure is his.

Did you just say "pretty well under Kolb"

Yes bug, that's exactly what I said. Remember when the Cardinals were 4-0? That wasn't John Skelton.

The Cardinals were doing pretty well under Kolb. He got hurt and we have all seen what Skelton and Lindley have been able to do. Kolb's too injury prone to be relied on going forward though.

The thing is, blaming Whisenhunt's problems on not having a QB is kind of silly... since he and Graves have been the ones responsible for getting a QB in here when Warner retired. So the failure is his.
    I'm not absolving Whisenhunt of anything. I was never sold on him as a head coach. Whether the lack of QB / O-Line falls on his shoulders or not, the point still stands. Now, perhaps a new regime will bring in the right players, but who knows? The college ranks aren't exactly littered with sure-fire pro QB prospects at the moment but maybe you can somehow fire Whisenhunt, hire Chip Kelly and draft Geno Smith and things can turn around much quicker than most anticipate.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    the winning line from week 14:

TallGuyCM 12 12 Den StL Dal Cle TB Bal Atl NYJ Ind Chi SD SF Sea NYG GB NE 49

He had the sense to pick the Pats.
    7/30 - Shabazz Palaces - Roxy
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo (?)
    8/01 - Ceremony/Nothing - Roxy (?)
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    8/07 - Haim - Wiltern (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

The Cardinals with Kolb at QB did look good. The problem with Kolb (though I hate this line because its hard to predict injuries yet believe it to be true) is that he is injury prone. It's very hard to justify paying a QB the money Kolb is getting when you know he's going to get hurt. Although if the Cardinals had the Suns training staff maybe it wouldn't be such a problem (hey fellas, you're both IN Arizona can we make this happen, maybe?).

Also, the blame is completely on Whisenhunt. As I stated before, it is his job to make his QB's successful. He does that by making them play in his system. That....just.....doesnt....work. Look at Alex Smith in SF....he was a subpar quarterback under Singletary, who people questioned whether he was an NFL QB or not. Harbaugh comes in and adjusts his system to Alex Smith strengths and look what happened...
    I'm not saying Whisenhunt could make magic happen with the likes of Derek Anderson, Max Hall, and John Skelton but maybe he could've if he adjusted his system to something they would be successful under and not keeping the mindset, "well if Kurt Warner can do it and it works for him, then maybe it could work for everyone."

I think you can take off any "big names" from the list. Who in their right mind would want to Coach the Cards? The Bidwill's would have to overpay for someone, and that isn't happening. Only chance they have is an up and coming coordinator, or college coach.

I will echo some things you said, Tom. Overall, I think Whiz is a good coach. I won't be at all surprised to see him have success elsewhere. I've met him, had lunch with him; he knows football. I think he was dealt a losing hand, BUT he also needs to take responsibility for some of the decisions he has made. Plus, like many coaches, he suffers from too much hubris; they tend to hang on to "bad decisions", or be too loyal because they can't believe they could be wrong...Derek Anderson, Mike Miller, Russ Grimm, John Skelton, Kevin Kolb, etc...the list goes on.

I agree that the only one worth keeping is Horton, and I won't be surprised if he ends up the head coach. Remember, the Bidwill's are cheap bastards. They will have to eat $5.5 mil to get rid of Whiz.

Quote Originally Posted by downingthief View Post
    Who in their right mind would want to Coach the Cards?
    Virtually any coach currently without an NFL head coaching gig.

You're spot on about the hubris though.

Yes bug, that's exactly what I said. Remember when the Cardinals were 4-0? That wasn't John Skelton.

i know but even then i knew they were one of the worst teams in the league. regardless of their record.

but if you think Kolb is one of the pieces of the puzzle you got a few years of disillusionment ahead of you.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    I take it everyone else picked houston for some reason? Houston + Primetime = loss