Page 496 of 617 FirstFirst ... 491492493494495496497498499500501 ... LastLast
Results 14,851 to 14,880 of 18508

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesock Shakur View Post
    True. That is the reason cutler is always getting hurt. I want to blame it on him being a giant pussy but I know better.
    Well, he only got hurt this time because he ''ran into'' a defensive player and wanted a concussion.

Everyone hates on Cutler until his replacement plays.

Also, did you see how terrible the Eagles were last week? Vick just HAS to go... chuckles
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    Everyone hates on Cutler until his replacement plays.
    Everyone who isn't a Bears fan. We watch the games and know better.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Skelton evidently got more first-team reps if he's the one who started the game.
    not to beat a dead horse, but FYI Tommy I heard on local radio last night that Skelton and Lindley split first team reps 50/50 in the practices leading up to the game. That means this was not a rash decision by Whisenhunt. It was a planned possibility. Both QBs knew it might happen, the team knew it might happen, they had prepped for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Everyone who isn't a Bears fan. We watch the games and know better.

wrong... it has been pretty much Bronco and then Bears fans that rail on him the most...

i've always been "well then you pussies should trade him to the Vikings if you don't want him!!" ... same with the Vick haters

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    not to beat a dead horse, but FYI Tommy I heard on local radio last night that Skelton and Lindley split first team reps 50/50 in the practices leading up to the game. That means this was not a rash decision by Whisenhunt. It was a planned possibility. Both QBs knew it might happen, the team knew it might happen, they had prepped for it.
    Ah, fair enough. My apologies to Ken Whisenhunt.

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    wrong... it has been pretty much Bronco and then Bears fans that rail on him the most...

i've always been "well then you pussies should trade him to the Vikings if you don't want him!!" ... same with the Vick haters
    You might be right. I guess it's not Broncos and Bears fans with whom I interact.

you said "we watch the games and know better"..... Bears fan

I didn't mean to sound pompous like we know more about football. I just mean that we're so invested in watching the team that we see how valuable Jay Cutler has been. A lot of other fans just go with the media narrative about him, or think his couple of terrible games (which most likely will happen on national TV) are the norms and not the exceptions.

It's probably how Tom feels when I try to talk about the Cardinals. He just knows his team better than I know them.

i'm on record as saying Arizona completely sucks when they were 4-0

Yes and you won't shut up about it. Congrats bug.

Tommy, Whisenhunt said yesterday he is undecided about who will start at QB against the Rams this Sunday.
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Speaking of the Rams...

I keep thinking "This is the game Bradford is finally going to go off.." and then...nothing... maybe 150 yards passing.. maybe a touchdown if they're lucky

I'm starting to suspect that he's just never gonna mature into a manageable NFL quarterback

the Rams OL is almost as bad as the Cardinals'. And their best receiver is Amandola. I don't think this is necessarily Bradford's fault.

Bradford's problem is that he is on the Rams. He is another victim of a high QB draft choice going to a terrible team. Then to further it the good players on the team getting injured.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Tommy, Whisenhunt said yesterday he is undecided about who will start at QB against the Rams this Sunday.
    Is Timm Rosenbach available?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Bradford's problem is that he is on the Rams. He is another victim of a high QB draft choice going to a terrible team. Then to further it the good players on the team getting injured.
    Poor Andrew Luck is suffering a similar fate.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Poor Andrew Luck is suffering a similar fate.
    Clearly I didn't imply every top QB is going to be a bust. I don't even consider Bradford a bust. But lets look at it, the top 4 QB's right now are Peyton, Rodgers, Brady, and Brees, and only Manning was a number one pick.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Clearly I didn't imply every top QB is going to be a bust. I don't even consider Bradford a bust. But lets look at it, the top 4 QB's right now are Peyton, Rodgers, Brady, and Brees, and only Manning was a number one pick.
    Hey man I'm a Seattle fan so you're preaching to the choir. Bradford just hasn't shown himself to be the type of QB that elevates the play of those around him. He's like a running back that only gets what's blocked. Maybe his best days are in front of him, but he's in his third season and doesn't seem any better than when he was a rookie.

Yes but to Bradford's defense is that he doesn't exactly have and real talent around him besides Jackson who is older now. Dealing with his own injuries and plenty of injuries of people around him is hard to really get any read on him. Bradford does have plenty of talent he just needs an o line. But that is something that all QB's need. That's why I don't consider Bradford a bust yet.

BRISTOL, CT—In an installment of the popular segment broadcast Thursday night, ESPN’s “Sport Science” attempted to investigate the natural phenomena surrounding Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo’s shittiness and provide conclusive explanations for why the Dallas veteran sucks so bad.

“We always want to highlight the athletes who perform on nearly superhuman levels,” “Sports Science” host John Brenkus said. “And really, nobody in sports presents a better case study of a player who spectacularly collapses under the pressure of a professional athletic stage than Tony Romo.”

The four-minute piece, which used high-tech motion sensors and accelerometers to measure the quarterback’s forced and ill-advised throws, revealed that Romo possesses the exceptional ability to fuck up in just 0.64 seconds. The segment also sought to explain the physics involved in Romo haphazardly chucking a perfect spiral directly into the hands of an opposing cornerback.

“We observed Romo missing 98 percent of our targets,” Brenkus said. “While studying the footage, we were able to determine that his capacity to make poor decisions in less than a second greatly influence why he’s so imprecise.”

“There’s not a quarterback in the NFL who can make a mistake as quickly as Romo,” Brenkus added.

The “Sports Science” broadcast confirmed that Romo’s numerous boneheaded meltdowns in clutch situations correspond to an abnormally terrible field of vision coupled with an unparalleled knack for sloppily throwing into double coverage.

In addition, the show used computer animations of Romo’s brain to simulate the precise slowness of neural firings required for the quarterback to stand in the pocket and take a sack instead of spotting an open receiver streaking down the sideline.

Physicist and local professor Dr. Charles Dunbar, who worked as a consultant on the “Sport Science” segment, confirmed that Romo has seemed to defy logic with his horrid play over the years. Analyzing tape of the Dallas quarterback throwing four interceptions to the Giants in week eight, Dunbar said he was intrigued by how the human body could be capable of such an utterly shitty performance.

“It was truly fascinating to scrutinize Romo’s pathetic struggles on the field,” Dunbar said. “We are finally starting to unravel the science behind the dumb shit tripping over his own feet and falling down well before the pass rushers arrive.”

“Those in the scientific community interested in studying piss poor quarterbacking truly couldn’t ask for a better subject,” Dunbar added.

Cardinals facts:

We lead the league in sacks, by 10.

Since he's been drafted, Larry Fitzgerald has caught passes from 13 different Cardinals quarterbacks

The winning line from week 11:

santasutt 13 13 Buf Atl Dal GB Cin StL Was TB Hou NO Den NE Bal SF 39

Congratulations to me for pulling the winning tie break number of 39 out of my ass. Well done, sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starraven View Post
    Can I be in a great mood because I don't have an upcoming jail date?

BRISTOL, CT—In an installment of the popular segment broadcast Thursday night, ESPN’s “Sport Science” attempted to investigate the natural phenomena surrounding Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo’s
    shittiness and provide conclusive explanations for why the Dallas veteran sucks so bad.

“We always want to highlight the athletes who perform on nearly superhuman levels,” “Sports Science” host John Brenkus said. “And really, nobody in sports presents a better case study of a player who spectacularly collapses under the pressure of a professional athletic stage than Tony Romo.”

The four-minute piece, which used high-tech motion sensors and accelerometers to measure the quarterback’s forced and ill-advised throws, revealed that Romo possesses the exceptional ability to fuck up in just 0.64 seconds. The segment also sought to explain the physics involved in Romo haphazardly chucking a perfect spiral directly into the hands of an opposing cornerback.

“We observed Romo missing 98 percent of our targets,” Brenkus said. “While studying the footage, we were able to determine that his capacity to make poor decisions in less than a second greatly influence why he’s so imprecise.”

“There’s not a quarterback in the NFL who can make a mistake as quickly as Romo,” Brenkus added.

The “Sports Science” broadcast confirmed that Romo’s numerous boneheaded meltdowns in clutch situations correspond to an abnormally terrible field of vision coupled with an unparalleled knack for sloppily throwing into double coverage.

In addition, the show used computer animations of Romo’s brain to simulate the precise slowness of neural firings required for the quarterback to stand in the pocket and take a sack instead of spotting an open receiver streaking down the sideline.

Physicist and local professor Dr. Charles Dunbar, who worked as a consultant on the “Sport Science” segment, confirmed that Romo has seemed to defy logic with his horrid play over the years. Analyzing tape of the Dallas quarterback throwing four interceptions to the Giants in week eight, Dunbar said he was intrigued by how the human body could be capable of such an utterly shitty performance.

“It was truly fascinating to scrutinize Romo’s pathetic struggles on the field,” Dunbar said. “We are finally starting to unravel the science behind the dumb shit tripping over his own feet and falling down well before the pass rushers arrive.”

“Those in the scientific community interested in studying piss poor quarterbacking truly couldn’t ask for a better subject,” Dunbar added.
    Love this. Needs to be a mockumentary video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starraven View Post
    Can I be in a great mood because I don't have an upcoming jail date?

yikes what a bad call.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    yikes what a bad call.
    Stupid rule is stupid. Game should never have gone into OT.

Johnson vs. Johnson has been a great match-up.

Foster is such a smooth runner, it just seems like he cruises.

28-3 is not the half time score I expected at all

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    28-3 is not the half time score I expected at all
    So what was it supposed to be?

Rex Ryan's tears: more delicious than this evening's dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinon View Post
    The Ryan brothers' tears: more delicious than this evening's dinner.
    fixed