Page 479 of 622 FirstFirst ... 474475476477478479480481482483484 ... LastLast
Results 14,341 to 14,370 of 18635

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

Make no mistake Bobby the Seahawks defense has been proving it's point for quite some time now that they are merciless and rank up there with San Francisco and Arizona, this whole debacle has more to do with the state of the game right now due to the continuing greed of the owners and NFL execs more than the actual teams and how this impacts their playoff chances or anything like that.

I'm just relieved that the talks are continuing to intensify, my God it would be nice to have the real refs back by week 5.

I can't wait for Golden Tate to fade back into obscurity... Cortland Finnegan should take care of that this coming week.
    Last edited by ThomThom; 09-26-2012 at 11:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    over/under Belichick fined 50k?
    Ding ding.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    Good thing I'm going to Vegas this weekend to test my luck.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    Good thing I'm going to Vegas this weekend to test my luck.
    At this point I would just stick to college football for sports betting. But however to really test it you should but all your money on green and see how your luck is then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I can't wait for Golden Tate to fade back into obscurity... Cortland Finnegan should take care of that this coming week.
    I would imagine Jenkins will probably be on Tate but that could be an equally tough matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    At this point I would just stick to college football for sports betting. But however to really test it you should but all your money on green and see how your luck is then.
    O ya, im not getting near the NFL. I would have lost my mind this last week if i had money riding on it. Stick to the usual black jack. Normally I would make an NHL pick...

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Fuck, I forgot to do my online pool last week also, and yet I got 10 right against the spread in my office pool. I guess I don't get to collect Tubesock's bounty on Wes.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Beanie Wells is out 8 weeks with turf-toe. Not that it matters.

Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

Also, shouldn't I be seeing more from Russell Wilson? Or has he just been a bit over-hyped?

EDIT* Yes, I know he's just a rookie.
    Last edited by Gribbz; 09-26-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

I might say that's actually an improvement for the Cardinals running game. I mean it was only a matter of time until Williams took over the starting role anyways right? Unless if he already has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Maybe now William Powell will finally get some carries.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Beanie is such a pussy.

Also, Bobby, I expected Seattle to win that game and have no qualms about them having done so. But Pete Carroll is someone who I've never been fond of, and his repeated gloating about it being "the right call" is thoroughly absurd. There's a gulf between saying he needn't apologize for it (which he needn't) and the way he continues to boast about it every time he's asked. All "game-deciding" calls are a matter of conjecture, ignoring a thousand other moments that could have swung the outcome, and I'm not saying that any of that is to be discounted....I guess all I'm saying is that the horse-faced douche should tone it down just a bit.

I still plan on riding your team in most games for the foreseeable future.
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Maybe now William Powell will finally get some carries.
    I'm looking forward to that.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    I mean it was only a matter of time until Williams took over the starting role anyways right? Unless if he already has.
    Not really. Wells was fairly productive last year when he was healthy. 1000+ yds rushing in 14 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Beanie is such a pussy.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    the horse-faced douche should tone it down just a bit.
    Yep.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Also, Bobby, I expected Seattle to win that game and have no qualms about them having done so. But Pete Carroll is someone who I've never been fond of, and his repeated gloating about it being "the right call" is thoroughly absurd. There's a gulf between saying he needn't apologize for it (which he needn't) and the way he continues to boast about it every time he's asked. All "game-deciding" calls are a matter of conjecture, ignoring a thousand other moments that could have swung the outcome, and I'm not saying that any of that is to be discounted....I guess all I'm saying is that the horse-faced douche should tone it down just a bit.

I still plan on riding your team in most games for the foreseeable future.
    I'm not sure I'd describe any of Carroll's comments on the play as "boasting." He admitted that Golden probably got away with a PI that would have ended the game and that it was a difficult call to make but he was glad the officials ruled the way they did. Seems like an honest response to me, but I understand if other people have a different take on Carroll and his position. I think he was proud of the way his team played that night and probably annoyed that 99% of the game has gone relatively undiscussed. I can't think of too many coaches that would willingly discredit a big win for their team regardless of the situation.

Carroll is a born cheater. He's never been able to succeed playing by the rules, at any level. Deep down in his soul he knows he's a fraud and he uses his boisterous aw-shucks boosterism as a front to cover for him. I haven't been this happy to have an opposing coach in the division since Mike Singletary.

Fuck, I forgot to do my online pool last week also, and yet I got 10 right against the spread in my office pool. I guess I don't get to collect Tubesock's bounty on Wes.
    If nobody else objects, I will add to your total the number of wins that the player with the lowest weekly score had, in this case it was a five-way tie with 5 (five) wins.

This will keep it interesting for you/us going forward. It will also become a standard procedure when someone else screws up and forgets to hit "submit picks."

As someone who also screwed up, I have begged for forgiveness and 6 wins that I earned in my other Pooltracker pool. In the interest of fairness, it should be 5 wins.

I will take guidance from the rank and file on this one.

If you don't weigh in, I'll take it as a yea.

Congrats to Bemerritt, Week 3 champ, with his low tie-breaker win.

Happy to report he did not sneak in with a tainted Seahawks pick.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    If nobody else objects, I will add to your total the number of wins that the player with the lowest weekly score had, in this case it was a five-way tie with 5 (five) wins.

This will keep it interesting for you/us going forward. It will also become a standard procedure when someone else screws up and forgets to hit "submit picks."

As someone who also screwed up, I have begged for forgiveness and 6 wins that I earned in my other Pooltracker pool. In the interest of fairness, it should be 5 wins.

I will take guidance from the rank and file on this one.

If you don't weigh in, I'll take it as a yea.
    Sounds fair to me.

Carroll is a born cheater. He's never been able to succeed playing by the rules, at any level. Deep down in his soul he knows he's a fraud and he uses his boisterous aw-shucks boosterism as a front to cover for him. I haven't been this happy to have an opposing coach in the division since Mike Singletary.
    I'm sure if Pete Carroll could read your hurtful words he'd probably call you a poopy-faced liar. You're both senior citizens, and it's important to act one's age.

Also I guess I'll go ahead and take the bait and acknowledge your claim that Reggie Bush's mother's living situation gave Carroll a competitive advantage over his college opponents. Why isn't anyone asking him if he knows where Golden Tate's mother lives?

Mike Singletary. I'm serious.

Mike Singletary. I'm serious.
    Care to wager on Seahawks-Arizona this December?

No I am not going to bet on an NFL game 3 months in advance. Just because I live in Arizona doesn't mean I'm stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    I'm not sure I'd describe any of Carroll's comments on the play as "boasting." He admitted that Golden probably got away with a PI that would have ended the game and that it was a difficult call to make but he was glad the officials ruled the way they did. Seems like an honest response to me, but I understand if other people have a different take on Carroll and his position. I think he was proud of the way his team played that night and probably annoyed that 99% of the game has gone relatively undiscussed. I can't think of too many coaches that would willingly discredit a big win for their team regardless of the situation.
    I would respect him more if he didn't say things like "it was the right call" every time the subject comes up. That's all I'm saying. Because, you know, it wasn't the right call. The same way that then-Bronco Jay Cutler DID fumble the ball on the opening day of the 2008 season against San Diego, and Hochuli said it was forward motion, and Denver went on to win a game that should have ended then. I knew at the time that it was bullshit, and while I may have rubbed it in the face of every Choadger fan I could find, I wasn't trying to pretend that it was a legitimate call. But that isn't the same as saying it's not a legitimate victory. As I said initially, few-if-any of these plays or calls truly decide which team was better on a given day. All I'm advocating is a semblance of humility when this sort of fortune falls into one's lap.

Now, let me also say that I favor the polar opposite when this sort of fortune falls out of one's lap. Meaning, I'm sorely disappointed that no one on the Packers side flew into a blind fury at the press conferences that night. In my view, McCarthy or Rodgers should have opened their session by literally taking out their wallet and slapping it down on the podium, before launching into an expletive filled tirade that would have blasted Denny Green off of YouTube. I gotta say, I feel more than a little burned that this didn't go down.

Rodgers spoke out on his talk show on tuesday, thats all you get. Im sure he wishes he could photobomb the replacement refs before they get replaced.

No I am not going to bet on an NFL game 3 months in advance. Just because I live in Arizona doesn't mean I'm stupid.
    Really? Even if Pete Carroll is as incompetent as you say I think it's highly unlikely he'll be fired by December 8th (which is actually only 42 days). Do you really believe the Cardinals are a good football team or is that just another one of your gross overstatements?

The wager doesn't have to be for money. I offer the following proposal which we can call The Mike Singletary Challenge. In this very thread, the losing party shall post a full-length picture of themselves wearing their respective team's jersey and their pants squarely around their ankles. You can even stuff a sock in your underwear to obscure the gaping vagina I'm beginning to suspect you of possessing. With a "clusterfuck botched ink blot of a football coach" like Pete Carroll running the show up in Seattle I don't see how you can lose.

Now, let me also say that I favor the polar opposite when this sort of fortune falls out of one's lap. Meaning, I'm sorely disappointed that no one on the Packers side flew into a blind fury at the press conferences that night. In my view, McCarthy or Rodgers should have opened their session by literally taking out their wallet and slapping it down on the podium, before launching into an expletive filled tirade that would have blasted Denny Green off of YouTube. I gotta say, I feel more than a little burned that this didn't go down.
    I give McCarthy and Rodgers credit, especially in light of the fact that they needed their own horrendous call from officials to take the lead, then proceeded to squander their ill-gotten touchdown by giving Seattle the opportunity to win the game. I agree with you that Carroll should shut his mouth. There are already enough people talking about this play and he doesn't need to be one of them, and neither do I. Ed Hochuli will soon return to personally ensure that no game is ever tainted by a controversial call. The defense rests.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    The Mike Singletary Challenge.
    Vain attempts to challenge my masculinity will not goad me into betting on any NFL game three months in advance, or any other kind of jackass stunt. Paris Hilton could coach the Seahawks to victory in December if the Cardinals have enough injuries.

Oh for sure. I am GIDDY for the first high-profile officiating fuck-up after the real guys come back. Provided that it doesn't go against the Broncos, of course.