Page 12 of 617 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Niners win in Seattle today would seem to lend creedence to this statement.
    I would love to know the secret behind Seattle's suckage as of late, I'm still kind of shocked by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole.Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I would love to know the secret behind Seattle's suckage as of late, I'm still kind of shocked by it.
    hypothesis: Holmgren's announcement that he's coaching just one more year then retiring put this team on a sort of pins-and-needles hiatus. Add a few key injuries and FA losses and you have a team that seems to be falling off a cliff. The surprising thing to me is their D giving up 33 to SF, in Seattle, this week.. I really don't know how to explain that.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

hypothesis: Holmgren's announcement that he's coaching just one more year then retiring put this team on a sort of pins-and-needles hiatus. Add a few key injuries and FA losses and you have a team that seems to be falling off a cliff. The surprising thing to me is their D giving up 33 to SF, in Seattle, this week.. I really don't know how to explain that.

A depleted WR corp doesn't help at all. When John Carlson is your leading receiver, you might have a few issues. I really hope Arizona can breaththrough and win the division this year (I'm not even a fan). I also hope Alan Branch can contribute more. He's an Albuquerque guy.

My Vikings and their fucking predictable playcalling blew a perfect chance today. Yeeesh.. up 15-0 in the 3rd to lose last second. That's what you get for being conservative and kicking 5 field goals instead of throwing the ball downfield at LEAST twice a game.

pathetic..

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

Quote Originally Posted by gmoneyak View Post
    My Vikings and their fucking predictable playcalling blew a perfect chance today. Yeeesh.. up 15-0 in the 3rd to lose last second. That's what you get for being conservative and kicking 5 field goals instead of throwing the ball downfield at LEAST twice a game.

pathetic..

The Vikings won't be Super Bowl contenders with Tarvaris Jackson. Peterson is an absolute animal, but they need some QB play. It's the same thing with my Bears and Kyle Orton. While he won't necessarily lose games for them, he can't really win games for them either. Neither the Vikings nor the Bears are the 2000 Ravens, so they need some quality QB play. Orton overthrew receivers like crazy today. It was pretty frustrating.

P.S. - I'm really happy the Vikings lost today!

Yeah, that shit is infuriating when you realize that the team is wasting such a valuable talent. Our defense is definitely playoff-caliber as well.. It's sad.

Yeah, that shit is infuriating when you realize that the team is wasting such a valuable talent. Our defense is definitely playoff-caliber as well.. It's sad.

Welcome to being a Bears fan! Haha. I think the best QB I've seen since I've been a Bears fan (1990) is Erik Kramer. Now that statement speaks volumes. Chicago almost won the Super Bowl 2 years ago with a shit-for-brains QB. That's how good the defense was.

And the Vikes definitely have a nice D.

tavaris jackson has the potential to be very good. Mcnabb in the rough if he can get his head around the game. Big If, i know.

Kurt Warner had 361 passing yards today and he hardly played in the 4th qtr. it's the dolphins, I know, but still..
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

tavaris jackson has the potential to be very good. Mcnabb in the rough if he can get his head around the game. Big If, i know.

Kurt Warner had 361 passing yards today and he hardly played in the 4th qtr. it's the dolphins, I know, but still..

Whenever the Cards are 2-0 you have reason to pop champagne!! Who cares if it's against the Dolphins, Cardinals teams of the past would find ways to blow it. You think 3 TDs will keep Boldin happy? It damn-well better.

I'm actually at the point of not blaming Jackson for our inability to pass, yet. He has a very strong arm and can make some throws when asked. It's just that the offense never asks him until it becomes a 3rd and long situation, and he's forced to make a predictable throw. That's too much precision to ask of a young Qb, they need to get him free-flowing a bit during the early downs and get into a rhythm to be effective. He had 7 passing yards midway through the 2nd qtr today for shit's sake.

Brad Childress should know better.

I'm actually at the point of not blaming Jackson for our inability to pass, yet. He has a very strong arm and can make some throws when asked. It's just that the offense never asks him until it becomes a 3rd and long situation, and he's forced to make a predictable throw. That's too much precision to ask of a young Qb, they need to get him free-flowing a bit during the early downs and get into a rhythm to be effective. He had 7 passing yards midway through the 2nd qtr today for shit's sake.
    I don't follow the Vikings closely enough to agree or disagree, but what you've said makes sense to me. I have come to the conclusion that as a rule, about 60% of NFL head coaches are deer-caught-in-the-headlights, don't-deserve-to-be-there, scared-out-of-their-wits robotic dummies. many (most) coaches coach not to be fired, rather than to win. Lane Kiffin and Brad Childress are two prime examples.

Ohhhh Viking and Bears fans? Guess whos 2-0 in your division?

Sorry I couldnt resist

The Packers are all-around solid, I predicted them to win the division. I just didn't think they would be rolling so early in the season, their D is very underrated once again.

Aaron Rodgers is looking like the real deal. Hats off to you so far.

As a Bears fan, I'm still hanging my hat on sweeping the Packers in Favre's last year with the team.

Haha yeah that is really nice for you i guess.

According to NFl Countdown Rodgers has the best stats with 3rd downs and in the red-zone, which is really when it counts. They said that hes probably the best QB in the league right now.

CARDINALS BITCHES!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

My god, if Q keeps this up he might be the highest paid WR come next season.

BTW, anyone catch the Drew Rosenhaus (sp) quote before the game?

"Boldin would love to be a Miami Dolphin in the future..."

That man should be shot.
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Young blood

Holy fucking cutler.

Broncos.

Yeah, they got their new Elway...

Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Holy fucking cutler.

Broncos.
    Great game, gotta love that 2pt conversion.
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

thestripe

Broncos need to thank Ed Hochuli.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Well, the Chargers are officially done. Put a fork in em' folks, that's it.
    you should take a vow of silence, fro. because this is a ridiculous statement. The Chargers have lost two games to two good teams in the last seconds. and without that blown call yesterday the Broncos dont' pull it out.

I would worry about LT though. he's not the same player he once was.

Division champs? OH YEAH

Quote Originally Posted by leo01g View Post

Division champs? OH YEAH
    you should join Passive in his vow of silence, that way you will stop saying stupid shit like this.

You just lost to the Cardinals last week, at home, by 10 points, in a game that wasn't even that close. You will lose to the Cardinals again, on Monday night, November 10. You will not win the division. You may, however, come in 2nd.

Tom i was being sarcastic. Ill be happy if they end up with a winning season

oh. sorry. didn't get it. I'll blame Passive for making me think californians know nothing about the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    It's the same thing with my Bears...
    Oh, cool, another Bears fan. I've been one since they won the Super Bowl when I was 5. I was probably just a bandwagon-jumper at the time, being an impressionable youth and all, but I've stuck with 'em through thick and thin. Oh, what I would've given to have been at the Monday Night Football game against the Cardinals two years ago.

I'm a Cardinals fan, too, though. They were playing lights out yesterday. Let's hope they can keep it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Great weekend of football!
    Both NFL & NCAA!

I do not like the Broncos, but that 2 pt conversion was ballsy & badass!

Quote Originally Posted by leo01g View Post
    Tom i was being sarcastic. Ill be happy if they end up with a winning season

Love the avitar Leo!

Holy crap, what a game tonight! Thank you, thank you, Cowboys for pulling out this victory. The Eagles look scary good this year, but the Cowboys offense cannot be stopped.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    I love when people huff an 8 ball and then come on here to show off what they think they know about Stanley Kubrick.