Page 4 of 622 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Time

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Default Re: NFL Time

Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Meh. It was Lynchs time. He was awesome but he would have gotten hurt this year, shannahan new it too, thats why he got such limited play time at camp.
    What's important to note is that the Broncos handled this situation with complete class. Lynch felt it didn't fit, they were honest about his prospective role in their plan for 2008, so they met like men, and made the decision for an amicable split.

Too bad Green Bay's too damn dumb to do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Too bad Green Bay's too damn dumb to do the same.
    The whole Packer vs. Favre debacle has gone on long enough, if it is prolonged through most of August I think it could start affecting the image of the NFL. Goodell has to put an end to it SOON.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

I don't think it will hurt the NFL. It'll hurt the Packers in a major way - if the Vikings didn't already have a cakewalk to the division title, they certainly do now - but I think everyone else just wishes the sports media would move on.

I have to agree with an observation on ProFootballTalk.com that Favre's antics of the last two months are doing more to destroy his legacy (particularly in light of reports that he's considering taking the $20 million offer to stay retired) than any pro athlete ever has.
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

The $20 mill offer is ridiculous on the Packers end. What are they the fucking mafia? It seems like their trying to keep a star witness mum and in hiding in order to avoid a can of worms being opened in court. Can they really just give him 20 mill to stay the fuck away?

i dont understand why the packers wont just trade him away to another team outside of their division for like a 2nd or 3rd round pick. stop being assholes and let the man go play somewhere else. its the least they could do for the guy, considering what hes done for that franchise.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Technically, it's illegal. The Eagles tried to do that with T.O., and after that arbitration dust settled, it became against regulations to pay a player not to play. That's why it's being called a "marketing deal". Which, I suppose, isn't entirely inaccurate, except that the purpose is defeated by the fact that everyone sees right through it.

Quote Originally Posted by sexecutioner View Post
    i dont understand why the packers wont just trade him away to another team outside of their division for like a 2nd or 3rd round pick. stop being assholes and let the man go play somewhere else. its the least they could do for the guy, considering what hes done for that franchise.
    It's because he won't approve any of those trades. They can't trade him anywhere he doesn't want to go, because all he has to do is not show up and the team that traded for him is fucked. He doesn't want to go to the Jets or Bucs, or any team the Packers want to trade him to (which is basically anyone that isn't playing them this year). He wants to go to Minnesota.

i thought its cuz they were asking for a 1st rounder and nobody wanted to give that much. yea, if he thinks hes goin to minnesota, hes retarded. i dont blame them for not trading him to a divsion rival. but cmon, there has to be a team that needs him that he would want to play for...

There isn't much of a market for a 38 year old quarterback who from the looks of last season is on his way out. Sure, he did have a great season but you could see the age kicking him in the ass on numerous occasions. There are really only 3 teams that I can think of right now that are in dire need of a proven quarterback... The Vikings, Jets, and Bears. Of course he can only go to one of those teams and who the fuck wants to play for the Jets?
    Last edited by ThomThom; 07-31-2008 at 10:22 PM.

As a Vikings fan, I'm over this Favre bullshit. It was a novel idea a month ago , but fuck.. It's a week 'til the 1st Preseason game already and you'll just be messing w/team chemistry at this point. Tavaris Jackson has a fragile psyche to begin with, I wouldn't want to unnecessarily play with it now for a 1 year rental QB.

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

I think Favre is going to end up getting slapped in the face by all of this. I guess he thought he'd be much more sought after. If I were him I'd take a deal to the Bucs and call it a day. The Bucs are actually a good team this year and he already has somewhat of a relationship with Gruden. Obtaining a player like Favre wouldn't put the Bucs in the superbowl or anything like that but it would put them in a much better position in the South by allowing them to contend against the powerhouse the Saints have become this off season. Plus I think Favre could fill in all of the gaps left by Garcia in Tampa's west coast offense.
    Last edited by ThomThom; 07-31-2008 at 10:24 PM.

Fuckin A, bring Favre to the Cards, he'd be great with our receivers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

ThomThom, I love it.

"Dats my quartaback man!"
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by DRcube View Post
    If I was coming out of retirement to play for the Jets I would retire again.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    If I was coming out of retirement to play for the Jets I would retire again.
    HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by DRcube View Post
    I'm giving ESPN 5 days now just to let this story die a very slow death.. I really hope that playing for the Jets will shove him into obscurity and a 6-10 season.

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

As much as I hate the motherfucker Favre, it is going to be weird seeing him in the kelly green and white unis of the Jets. Sucker goes from retiring from a great season to a player on a team that blew goats last year. That's called justice, Mr. Farrrrr vrahhhhh

I am SO happy he ended up in the AFC. Week three, that fucking drama queen and his team come to San Diego, and I can't wait to see Merrimen and co. DESTROY him.

Honestly, if Favre were black, there's no WAY the media would waste it's time covering such a bullshit story like this. Unless, you know, he had a dogfighting ring in his backyard.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Way to go Favre! Now you can really go out on down. You can enjoy retirement right after you enjoy getting your fucking ass kicked in 08. How come no one in the sports media is saying how bad the Jets suck and how Favre isnt going to help? Bad bad bad bad bad bad decision by Favre and the Pakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    I am SO happy he ended up in the AFC. Week three, that fucking drama queen and his team come to San Diego, and I can't wait to see Merrimen and co. DESTROY him.

Honestly, if Favre were black, there's no WAY the media would waste it's time covering such a bullshit story like this. Unless, you know, he had a dogfighting ring in his backyard.
    Wow, way to play the race card like an asshole when it has nothing to do with race. Fucking jackass, it is because A) It is the offseason and not much going on B) Favre is a legend when it comes to the QB position C) The Packers where fucking everything up, and basically saying that we don't care how you turned around the franchise D) It is the offseason there is always a couple stories that dominate the football news in the offseason. Way to be a douche though.
    Last edited by Blinken; 08-07-2008 at 02:18 PM.
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post

Nonsense! QB is the most important position on the field. Farve is one of the best QBs to ever play the game. He got black balled by the team he won a super bowl with, played in every game for over a decade and is seen as god-like by Packer fans. Not to mention that Farve is one of the NFL's most marketable players.

So yeah, he's kinda a big deal.

Jets go 10-6 and win wildcard and if not mangina is gone.
    "Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes." Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Son of MJK View Post
    Jets go 10-6 and win wildcard and if not mangina is gone.
    Looks like then, the N.Y. Jets will probably need a new coach. The AFC is without a doubt, the class of the NFL. Here's teams you can bank on making the playoffs: Indy, N.E., Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, San Diego, teams who should make the playoffs: Cleveland, teams that will improve and make the playoffs: Cinci and/or Baltimore. That leaves one team left for the final wildcard. Not too much wiggle room if you think about it. If, the Jets can find a D then maybe. I'm not holding my breath. I see a surprise team snatching the final spot. Think Houston, Denver, or Tennessee...
    Last edited by Hopeless Semantic; 08-07-2008 at 02:27 PM.

Not a big cincy or baltimore fan, join cincy's offense with baltimore's defense and you have something. I am a Giants fan so I just want a strong season from Eli and the rookies from this year and last, but as far as predictions go, I do see the Jets making the playoffs, and if they do not then it will be a product of a strong Conference instead of a poor record.
    "Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes." Mahatma Gandhi

On my way to see the Cards pre-season opener.
    Feels weird to head to a football game in 110+ degree weather!

Thought you charger fans might like this.
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

only 3.5 more hours till my teams first preseason game. cant wait to see how mcfadden and russel look together!

Quote Originally Posted by Blinken View Post
    FUCK!!!!!John Lynch just retired, another defensive position to fill.

Guess who's talking to the Pats....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Guess who's talking to the Pats....
    I heard that too...Pats or Bucs