Page 619 of 632 FirstFirst ... 614615616617618619620621622623624 ... LastLast
Results 18,541 to 18,570 of 18952

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

Here are 20 fun facts, or random quirks, to consider when perusing the 2014 NFL schedule:

1. Peyton Manning takes on the Colts for Week 1 of the new season. In the Super Bowl era (1966 -2013), only three SB-winning quarterbacks have started a season opener against the club that originally drafted them into league -- Brett Favre (vs. Falcons in 2002), Steve Young (vs. Buccaneers in 1997) and Joe Theismann (vs. Dolphins in 1984).

2. In the 43-year history of Monday Night Football (1970-2013), the Lions had never been assigned a prime-time home opener for Week 1. But that will change on Sept. 8, when Detroit hosts the New York Giants.

By the way ... the Week 1 clash will mark back-to-back road trips to Detroit for the Giants. The clubs met at Ford Field last year (Week 16).

3. The Broncos and Seahawks -- last year's Super Bowl combatants -- will tangle in Seattle on Sept. 21 (Week 3).

Seventeen years have passed since the last Super Bowl rematch for the following regular season. In 1997, the Packers -- who outlasted New England in Super Bowl XXX that previous January -- rolled over the Patriots in Foxboro (28-10).

4. How's this for unusual: The Buccaneers -- the NFL's only team with back-to-back home tilts to open and close the 2014 season -- will have just four home games (Raymond James Stadium) between Weeks 3-15.

5. Peyton Manning's Broncos have a bye week on Sept. 28. It's the earliest bye week for a Manning-led club since 2000 ... when the Colts enjoyed a Week 3 bye.

6. No NFL fan base travels like Steelers supporters, and this season will be no different. Pittsburgh has seven roadies in the Eastern Time Zone (Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Atlanta, Carolina, Jacksonville, New York Jets) ... and just one in the Central Time Zone (Tennessee).

7. The Steelers have four separate back-to-back blocks of road games -- Baltimore-Carolina (Weeks 2-3), Jacksonville-Cleveland (Weeks 5-6), New York Jets-Tennessee (Weeks 10-11) and Cincinnati-Atlanta (Weeks 14-15).

8. Here's one more black-and-gold factoid: Pittsburgh is the only NFL team with two separate blocks of four-roadies-in-five-games this season.

To counterbalance that, the Steelers have three straight home tilts (Weeks 7-9) and then back-to-back home games to cap the regular season (Vs. Chiefs, vs. Bengals).

9. Neither the Cowboys, Seahawks nor Jets will face an intra-division opponent until Week 7 -- the longest such streak to start this season.

10. Nine different teams (Saints, Vikings, Bengals, Bears, Lions, Cowboys, Steelers, Raiders, Patriots) have three consecutive home games at some point during their respective seasons.

On the flip side, just four clubs (Rams, Buccaneers, Broncos, Bengals) have three straight road tilts at some point.

11. The Falcons won't see the Georgia Dome from Weeks 7-11 -- the result of three roadies (@ Baltimore, @ Tampa Bay, @ Carolina), one bye and one "home" game in England against the Lions (Oct. 26).

By the way, that London affair has an American kickoff time of 9:30 a.m. EST.

12. The NFL will once again stretch its byes to cover Weeks 4-12, but here's a wrinkle to that process: There will be five two-team byes (Weeks 4, 5, 7, 8, 12).

Which brings us to this: As part of the new partnership involving CBS and NFL Network for Thursday nights, covering Weeks 1-7, all seven matchups are intra-division games.

13. The Bengals are the only NFL team with three straight home games (Weeks 8-10 vs. Baltimore, Jacksonville, Cleveland) AND three straight road outings (Weeks 11-13 vs. New Orleans, Houston, Tampa Bay).

14 California teams are usually at a disadvantage during ther regular season, travel-wise. But the 49ers caught a break with this year's schedule:

San Francisco doesn't leave the West Coast for the final six games -- taking on the Redskins, Seahawks, Chargers and Cardinals at home ... and making reasonable trips to Oakland and Seattle (Weeks 14/15).

15. CBS will air the Bears-Lions clash on Thanksgiving Day, even though no AFC clubs will be playing during that time slot. (CBS has the AFC package.)

16. On paper, the fourth-place Raiders -- six games against the AFC West, four against the NFC West, four against the AFC East -- might have the NFL's toughest schedule.

However, let's look at the bright side here: Oakland visits New York (Jets), New England, Cleveland and Seattle early in the season (first nine weeks); and Peyton Manning's Broncos might be resting for the playoffs on the season's final Sunday.

17. The Cowboys and Eagles don't play one another until Weeks 13 and 15. The last time the NFC East rivals didn't meet until late November? The infamous 1989 season -- Jimmy Johnson's inaugural Dallas campaign -- when the Eagles supposedly had a bounty on certain Dallas players, en route to decisive defeats of 27-0 and 20-10.

18. The Ravens might not have a single bad-weather game all season. Baltimore's last cold- weather road trip involves Pittsburgh for Week 9. After that, the Ravens' final three roadies take place in New Orleans (Nov. 24), Miami (Dec. 7) and Houston (Dec. 21).

19. The Dolphins might incur an extreme-weather slate in the final seven weeks: On the warm side, it's home outings against the Bills, Ravens, Vikings and Jets. On the cold side, it's late November/mid-December trips to Denver, New York (Jets) and New England.

And last but not least ...

20. How's this for a TV executive's 12-year run of luck:

Tom Brady (Patriots) and Peyton Manning (Colts/Broncos) haven't been in the same division since 2001. And yet, the quarterbacks' teams have met every year since 2003.

For 2014, Denver travels to New England on Nov. 2 (Week 9).

http://msn.foxsports.com/south/story...chedule-042414

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    The six consecutive games in a row starting with Chicago and ending with San Diego: looks like they forgot the frosting.

6 consecutive games? IN A ROW? holy shit. WATCH OUT PATRIOTS FANS HERE COME THE LIONS.
    Last edited by TomAz; 04-24-2014 at 12:01 PM.

LOL

I'm a little surprised you didn't point out how much Palmer's getting payed according to Bobert, Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    6 consecutive games? IN A ROW? holy shit. WATCH OUT PATRIOTS FANS HERE COME THE LIONS.
    Edit made.

This will be the year the Lions get their shit together and win the division.
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.

Cardinals sign Larry Foote to a 1yr deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Cardinals sign Larry Foote to a 1yr deal.
    They really can't help themselves.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Maybe they can woo Greg LLoyd, and Kevin Greene out of retirement.

Maybe they can woo Greg LLoyd, and Kevin Greene out of retirement.
    I hear Rod Woodson is looking to make a comeback.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    They really can't help themselves.
    Adrian Wilson available.
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    Adrian Wilson available.
    I've been wondering about him, and last year. Did they release him early on, did he play a single snap? I did not hear his name mentioned once.

The wait for the draft has been brutal. I really hope they move it back to April next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    The wait for the draft has been brutal. I really hope they move it back to April next year.
    I just saw an article on BR today that says the NFL is seriously considering moving back to june
    you are soooooooo good lookin

The wait for the draft has been brutal.
    Every year I think that and then the draft finally arrives and within minutes I'm bored to tears wondering why I ever looked forward to it. The way they've started covering the picks is really annoying. Goodell will walk to the podium and before he can even say a goddamn thing they cut to the crowd where the team's pick is already hugging his mother and crying with joy while Goodell stands there and acts like the name he's about to read will still be a surprise. I don't understand why they can't wait ten seconds to show that shit because they only picks that wind up having any sort of suspense are when a team selects some kid that wasn't even invited to the draft. I'll still probably watch the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Every year I think that and then the draft finally arrives and within minutes I'm bored to tears wondering why I ever looked forward to it.
    LOL. You've posted some stuff in the past that I've agreed with, but this is so spot-on! hahahahah. And yeah, I remember the Jets were on the clock a few years ago, and they cut to a camera that showed Mark Sanchez smiling while talking on his cell and putting a Jets' cap on before Goodell even walked out.
    12/04 - Angel Olson - El Rey (?)
    12/06 - Dr. John - Royce Hall (?)
    12/14 - Cat Stevens - Nokia
    12/20 - Stevie Wonder - Forum (?)
    1/10 - Flesh Eaters - Echoplex (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I've been wondering about him, and last year. Did they release him early on, did he play a single snap? I did not hear his name mentioned once.
    The Pats put him on IR before the season began and released him recently.

They picked up Patrick Chung from FA for his second go-round, though he'll probably be more of a nickel package guy and special teams ace than a starting safety.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Every year I think that and then the draft finally arrives and within minutes I'm bored to tears wondering why I ever looked forward to it. The way they've started covering the picks is really annoying. Goodell will walk to the podium and before he can even say a goddamn thing they cut to the crowd where the team's pick is already hugging his mother and crying with joy while Goodell stands there and acts like the name he's about to read will still be a surprise. I don't understand why they can't wait ten seconds to show that shit because they only picks that wind up having any sort of suspense are when a team selects some kid that wasn't even invited to the draft. I'll still probably watch the whole thing.
    They don't spoil picks anymore.
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

They don't spoil picks anymore.
    Yeah, I was just reading that. ESPN and the NFL Network have a "gentleman's agreement" not to tip any draft picks. This is a rare improvement to the format.

Mayock still cheats though. He'll see the tip then play it off as one of his guesses for the next pick.

I'm a Vikings fan, but a very cynical/pessimistic one at that- but I love the trade to get Teddy Bridgewater at the end of the first round.Unlike last year when the Belicek and the Patriots ass-raped the Vikings to get Cordarelle Patterson (which ended up being a homerun pick, but cost them the rest of their draft), they only had to give up their 2nd and 4th this year.

I'm not even sure what to think about Teddy. During the college season he was the top overall pick on a lot of draft pundits draft boards. But his workouts were bad enough that he fell. I'm not sure he's gonna be the next Tom Brady, but I don't think he'll be a complete failure either. I'm just happy that the risk/cost was right to take the gamble. They didn't give up their draft, and they filled a need. Tough to bitch too much about that.
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Bucanon and a 3rd rounder? Yes, please!
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Teddy is already the Vike's best option. Glad to see you guys will have a fun qb to watch again.
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

So far Cleveland is winning the draft. They still get the guys they want and pick up an additional first for next year is not bad at all.

I don't get my 49ers picking Ward. I think he will be a good player that compliments Reids style great but safety wasn't exactly a high need. With corner and receiver higher priorities and more draft picks then we need I am just surprised we didn't move up to get one, especially since Dennard fell to 24 and Verrett right behind him. Oh well I now expect them to be very active the next two days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Was so upset Watkins went one pick before Oakland, but at least Mack is a sure stud right?

or weren't we saying that about Rolando McClain

Quote Originally Posted by nine day brawl View Post
    Bucanon and a 3rd rounder? Yes, please!
    yes, the cardinals played that one just right.

Tom, while we discussed RT at the meetup, do you think the Cards will look for one today?
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    So far Cleveland is winning the draft. They still get the guys they want and pick up an additional first for next year is not bad at all.

I don't get my 49ers picking Ward. I think he will be a good player that compliments Reids style great but safety wasn't exactly a high need. With corner and receiver higher priorities and more draft picks then we need I am just surprised we didn't move up to get one, especially since Dennard fell to 24 and Verrett right behind him. Oh well I now expect them to be very active the next two days.
    I thought they were saying they could see him moving to corner?
    you are soooooooo good lookin

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    I thought they were saying they could see him moving to corner?
    Yeah I posted this before I did the research on him I was supposed to do. He will be playing the nickle my guess is eventually make his way to SS to replace Bathea in a couple seasons when he has more bulk and experience to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Thanks for Brandin Cooks, Cardinals! It's good to know there's no hard feelings for ruining Kurt Warner a few years ago.

Now if they can get Nix, Lawrence or Attaochu at 58, then De'Anthony Thomas at 126. Hell, I'd settle for an LB instead of someone on the D-line in the second round if Preston Brown or Trent Murphy are still there.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

The San Francisco 49ers acquired Bills receiver Stevie Johnson for a mid-round pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported. ESPN first reported the news.

The pick is a conditional fourth-rounder that could become a third-rounder, according to a source

Quote Originally Posted by nine day brawl View Post
    Tom, while we discussed RT at the meetup, do you think the Cards will look for one today?
    well apparently not. Morgan Moses was their shot.
    Last edited by TomAz; 05-09-2014 at 08:49 PM.