Page 608 of 617 FirstFirst ... 603604605606607608609610611612613 ... LastLast
Results 18,211 to 18,240 of 18508

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Come on people.

Was that Broncos team the record-shattering, 600-point scoring, Most Prolific Offense in NFL History?

Jesus. think.
    What an over-reaction.

It was the #1 offense against the #1 defense.

But the stats! The records!

Considering where the league is these in scoring days, as some already have, Seattle's defense will rightly go down as one of the best scoring defenses in NFL history.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Seattle playing great defense and Bronco's offence playing like shit are not mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    Seattle playing great defense and Bronco's offence playing like shit are not mutually exclusive.
    Obviously. For example, they didn't really need to spot them two points on like the first play of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    You know less about football than you do about the exploitation of the child sex trade. In other words, shut the fuck up.
    I forget you come from the hotbed of sports and live the games each season.... I bet you do know everything and follow all of your local pro teams... ..... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Listening View Post
    Weren't the Broncos favored over the Redskins when they lost 42-10?

Seems a toss-up as to which loss was worse.
    The redskins were favored in Super Bowl 18 where the raiders demolished them 38 - 9. That one is up there as well. Yesterday's flop was much worse though.

I feel the same regarding the military stuff. Toby Keith is one of the worst offenders. I also loathe pulling up to businesses that have "We support the troops" signs. No shit? You do? Does anyone not? Recall reading or listening to a couple comedians trying to figure out what the most offensive bumper sticker would be here in 'merica. Came up with "Fuck the Troops". Oh man, to see that on a bumper or in front of a business. That would be the real shocker.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 02-03-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    "Oma-fuck!!!"

http://first-pick.com/Default.aspx

This site is a great time suck for NFL/Draft fans. The first time I did it, I traded away pretty much everything and ended up with 25 picks... all in last five rounds. Horrible strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Starraven View Post
    Can I be in a great mood because I don't have an upcoming jail date?

Huge. Calling him being drafted by the Chargers.

Missouri defensive end Michael Sam told The New York Times and ESPN he is gay, and the 2014 NFL Draft prospect plans to become the first openly gay player in the NFL.

"I just want to make sure I could tell my story the way I want to tell it," said Sam told The Times. "I just want to own my truth."

The senior, 24, was among the top pass rushers in the SEC last year with 10.5 sacks, boosting his NFL draft stock despite his lack of size for the defensive end position (6-foot-2, 255 pounds).

The NFL released a statement in support of Sam on Sunday night: "We admire Michael Sam's honesty and courage. Michael is a football player. Any player with ability and determination can succeed in the NFL. We look forward to welcoming and supporting Michael Sam in 2014."

According to The Times, Sam first told Missouri teammates L'Damian Washington and Marvin Foster about his sexual orientation about a year ago, and announced it to the squad during a team-building exercise during the preseason last year. The University of Missouri official Twitter feed expressed support for Sam.

"I'm not naive. I know this is a huge deal and I know how important this is," Sam said. "But my role as of right now is to train for the combine and play in the NFL."

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport received the following reaction from a club executive: "The league is in a better place to handle this now than a few years ago given the influx of younger GMs."

Rapoport also spoke to an NFL scouting director who did not believe Sam's decision to make his sexual orientation public will hurt his draft status, and that Sam projects as a late-round pick. NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks agreed that Sam's draft status would not be affected, but Brooks projects Sam as a mid-round selection. NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah, who has experience as a scout with the Cleveland Browns, Philadelphia Eagles and Baltimore Ravens, also believes Sam's draft stock will not be adversely affected.

"In my eight years in draft rooms, the subject never came up. I would expect it would not have an impact on his draft status," Jeremiah said. "In my experience with every team I was with), it was all about putting the best 53 players on the field. I don't see why that would change here."

The 2014 NFL Draft will be held May 8-10.

Due to his size, Sam is expected to be drafted by a club using a 3-4 defensive scheme and switched to outside linebacker, where his pass rush skills can be best utilized. He played in the Reese's Senior Bowl last month and is among the Tigers' invitees to the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis later this month.

Nine of his 10.5 sacks came during three three-sack peformances against Arkansas State, Vanderbilt and Florida. He also recorded an assisted sack while working against Texas A&M star left tackle Jake Matthews, who is expected to be a first-round choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Why are you calling him being drafted by the Chargers?

Need because Dwight Freeney isn't a long term answer. I could see him being drafted in the third. Plus the Chargers have shown that they don't give a shit about any media hoopla like with Teo.
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Michael Sam and Kony Ealy were both so much fun to watch last season... I'm hoping the Cowboys can find a way to draft both of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole.Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Why are you calling him being drafted by the Chargers?
    The Bolts need a quick multi-talented DE that can also play OLB depending on the scheme, outside of CJ Mosley from Bama (the player he shared defensive player of the year with) there is nobody that fits that mold, Mosley will be gone before the Chargers can pick in the first round... Michael Sam is a nice consolation prize
    Last edited by ThomThom; 02-09-2014 at 08:20 PM.
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole.Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

If the Chargers use a first-round pick on Sam, and I'm not entirely sure that's what you're implying, they will probably have taken him too soon. Some scouts have questioned his production against quality opponents, but it appears like he'd be a nice pick for someone in the 3rd round or later.

He won't be a first round pick, if somebody reaches it will be in the second (perhaps SD)... He's more than likely a great 3rd round selection.

Interestingly enough, Walter Football actually has Michael Sam mocked to the Chargers in the 2nd round.

I'm assuming they have SD taking a CB in the first...

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I'm assuming they have SD taking a CB in the first...
    Yep, Darqueze Dennard which I would love but unfortunately I don't see him falling that far to #25.

Yeah I can't see anybody in the top 20 passing on a fucking beast like Dennard... Gilbert, Joyner, Verrett, Roby, and Roberson are up the Chargers alley at this point. All very good corners btw.

Sasha when are you going to post your mock draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I can post a full one when the combine gets going... As far as your Cards go, they have two HUGE needs in the o-line and TE and one big need in a strong CB opposite PP. My gut tells me that Arians is finally going to address the missing piece to the vertical threat he loved so much in his previous passing attacks by going for a freakish TE, Palmer also desperately needs a presence in the middle of the field, luckily Jace Amaro and Eric Ebron are two of the most talented TE's to come out in a long time, both would be welcomed by Arians and are more than likely available at #20... On the other hand Cyrus Kouandjio is a polished and gifted Tackle with 'Bama pedigree and could fill a HUGE void in the front. Also don't sleep on Justin Gilbert from OkState, he would be Patrick Peterson's biggest compliment on the other side, he's a really nasty oversized ballhawk that would add tremendous depth to the AZ secondary with Honey Badger coming back to play nickel.

If they don't draft an OT in the first or second round, Arians and Keim might get lynched. I don't see CB as a big need right now, not compared to OT, TE, or DT (Dockett's getting up there in age)
    Last edited by TomAz; 02-10-2014 at 09:01 AM.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

There is a TON of O-Line depth this year so a tackle in the 2nd round would not be a bad choice... It all depends on what is available at the TE or CB spots when they are on the clock. Talents like Amaro, Ebron, and Gilbert don't come around too often.

Arians recently said that his main area of concern was both sides of the line. He feels that withn the division that's where they get beat up, and physically manhandled. He wants to even the playing field.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Michael Sam and Kony Ealy were both so much fun to watch last season... I'm hoping the Cowboys can find a way to draft both of them.
    The Patriots have proven they can handle any media circus surrounding a "controversial" player.

Belichick covets fast hybrid guys who can play LB and DE.

If he's around in the late second or early third/fourth, Don't be surprised if he ends up a Patriot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starraven View Post
    Can I be in a great mood because I don't have an upcoming jail date?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Arians recently said that his main area of concern was both sides of the line. He feels that withn the division that's where they get beat up, and physically manhandled. He wants to even the playing field.
    A Tackle could very well happen in the 1st for them (lord knows they need it), but if there is a true BPA at #20 and Arians likes him, he'll pull the trigger on a luxury, especially on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    The Patriots have proven they can handle any media circus surrounding a "controversial" player.

Belichick covets fast hybrid guys who can play LB and DE.

If he's around in the late second or early third/fourth, Don't be surprised if he ends up a Patriot.
    At this point I don't think his draft stock is going to be affected by the media circus regardless of where he ends up... He's a smart player who has shown he can bounce in between positions and excel at all of them and an edge pass rusher is always a hot commodity in Belichick's book, he'd fit well in that system, even though he's a tad undersized for Belichick's taste.

A Tackle could very well happen in the 1st for them (lord knows they need it), but if there is a true BPA at #20 and Arians likes him, he'll pull the trigger on a luxury, especially on offense.
    I think this is correct. If Johnny Manziel falls to #20.. well Arians better fucking draft him.