ESPN poll question:
1) When did we start treating quarterbacks like they're US presidents, subject to historical analysis and "legacy"?Which did more to help/hurt Peyton Manning's legacy?
* Winning 5th MVP with record-setting season
* Losing 43-8 in Super Bowl XLVIII
2) Who writes this shit?
The Seahawks need to be smart in the front office if they want to stay competitive in the long run. While they do have a couple of overpaid players, they have quite a few star players that are being paid peanuts right now. They're going to want some big money, and could be in cap hell real soon.
I am not taking anything away from Seattle but the Bronco fuck ups were mostly our own fault. The offense sucked and we sucked the big tit. If it were a close game, I would say at least we went to the Super Bowl. Today I almost wished we didn't ..... RIP 2013.... cr****
Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine
And your argument is still stupid. Being expected to win by 2 points and then getting manhandled by 35 is substantially worse than being a 14 point favorite and losing by ~3 points. The team is still favored to win, and in the case of the Rams & Patriots, one play here or there would have made them victors. Denver would need for the entire game save for their lone touchdown drive to go completely differently in order for them to have won.
just glad the season is over and the Broncs can stew in it for a while. Laying the big turd yesterday.
The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.
My Review of Bruno Mars' Halftime Show.
1. I didn't know much about Bruno Mars at all. I knew the name. that was about it.
2. He seems to just pick a decade, play a song that sounds like it came from that decade, and then move on to the next decade. So we had 70s soul, 80s pop, and 50s (or 60s) James Brown soul. Then we had the RHCP, then we had some maudlin crap about the military, followed by a Celine-esque power ballad.
3. I liked the first two songs. I loved the third one, where he went all James Brown; I thought he did that very, very well. The RHCP bit, meh.
4. I did not like the pandering to the military fetishists one bit. But that's a pet peeve of mine that permeates much of contemporary american society.
5. It's just good old wholesome entertainment. There's not like much art, but, you know, what do you expect at the Super Bowl.
5. I give him a B.
The only thing I knew about Bruno Mars was he does that song that goes "Oh yeah yeah oh yeah yeah yeah yeah doo doo doo doo doo." I think he's a very good performer and did a fine job. Everybody in my family seemed to really love it.
I agree about the military fetishism, but that's also a general pet peeve of mine.
I almost forgot... Joe Buck needs to be downgraded to the B squad after last night. Dude misspoke and gave the wrong player name about two dozen times... it was worse than usual.