Page 601 of 627 FirstFirst ... 596597598599600601602603604605606 ... LastLast
Results 18,001 to 18,030 of 18781

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

Quote Originally Posted by hippityhip View Post
    Kaepernick... Never been on the wagon and probably won't be with his piss poor performance this year. If it wasn't for an excellent defense and great receivers (can't forget about Gore in the RB position obviously) the niners would not have gotten this far. We need a QB in the QB spot not a running back.
    Completely disagree with this statement. If Alex Smith was their QB I highly doubt they'd be in the playoffs in the first place. Kaep's abilities kept them in the Seattle game the entire time, most QBs wouldn't be able to do what he did at all. A QB like Alex Smith would've gotten eaten alive against the defense. Kaep does need to improve his decision making and make better reads but it's only his second year, he's got time to get better. If anything he arguably has a higher ceiling than Wilson does.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

It's hard to say how far they would have gone if Smith was still around. One thing I do know is that when the 49ers let go of Smith he was 7-0. He then went on to play under a whole new team and vouching staff and went 10-0. So that's 17 games undefeated. Believe me I was one of the fans wanting to give him the ax after so many years sucking. But that was also due to bad coaching and management by the niners staff.

I agree, Kaep absolutely needs better decision making. He also needs to learn how to perform under pressure. Sure, we gave smith a huge learning curve but can we afford to do the same for Kaep? I don't think so. An alternative? Not sure I have one at this point.

*coaching not vouching.

Another interesting point is a stat they threw up on the screen during the game. (I hate most of these random stats btw). It said that up to this point QBs in the postseason had only ran for a total of 2 yards. Kaep over a hundred. You know why? Because QBs can throw and execute plays for the weapons they have at their disposal. I do realize his running got us out of some tough spots but damn it's frustrating to see my qb running all the damn time! Again who's to say we would know where smith would have taken the team. Maybe he would have completed more passes and had next to nill reasons to run the ball himself.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

That feels like a red herring to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    That feels like a red herring to me.
    Go on.

A distraction from the concussion issue. Hey, people, don't think about that.. let's talk about points after touchdown instead!
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I think Roger Goodell is more concerned with putting his stamp on the league than fixing any real issues, on or off the field.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    If Alex Smith was their QB I highly doubt they'd be in the playoffs in the first place.
    What a ridiculous statement.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    It's not his fault it's 100% of the medias fault. However he does know that the media is going to talk about it and he is better off not just making those comments right then. It's not like this was his first time doing something like this he knows how the media works by now.
    When you say it's 100% the media's fault, you mean, for it's their fault for being on the field and sticking a microphone in his face right after a game?

I mean, if so, then yeah, I actually agree with that sentiment...I'm beyond tired of asking coaches to comment on the field going into halftime, or coming out of halftime, and reporters hovering around players and coaches after games.

But if it's about them covering his comments and the reaction to them...why is it 100% their fault?

I mean, if something gets picked up on by people watching the game and starts a conversation in living rooms, offices, the internet, etcl....then it's not just the "media", it's also viewers.
    Last edited by Listening; 01-21-2014 at 10:00 AM.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

bullshit 100% media's fault. Saying it's the media's fault for Sherman's actions is like saying Sherman's just an animal that can't control himself.

Post game interviews can be about more than "we gave 110%". Sherman could have commented on how he saw the last play develop. He could have said many interesting things. Instead chose to scream about how great he was and how shitty someone else is.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

there was nothing remarkable about what sherman said, outside of the way he said it. everyone, including the media, blew it way out of proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

I'm a big 49ers fan. Great game played by both teams. I understand the seattle crowd has an effect on the field but I'm getting kinda tired of hearing about the 12th man. Sherman played that last play perfectly. Kudos to him and seattle. The refs were absolutely horrible this game. That's the way it goes sometimes. Kaepernick... Never been on the wagon and probably won't be with his piss poor performance this year. If it wasn't for an excellent defense and great receivers (can't forget about Gore in the RB position obviously) the niners would not have gotten this far. We need a QB in the QB spot not a running back.
    This is just stupid. What Great WR are you talking about? Boldin had a nice season but nothing great by any means. Only one TD was caught by someone other then Boldin or Davis. What was piss poor about his performance? Yes he made some not so smart choices but overall he did fine.

It's hard to say how far they would have gone if Smith was still around. One thing I do know is that when the 49ers let go of Smith he was 7-0. He then went on to play under a whole new team and vouching staff and went 10-0. So that's 17 games undefeated. Believe me I was one of the fans wanting to give him the ax after so many years sucking. But that was also due to bad coaching and management by the niners staff.
    You can't possibly think that with the 9ers schedule compared to the Cheifs schedule Smith would have started off 10-0 also. 9ers got nailed right out of the gate with a very hard schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Listening View Post
    What a ridiculous statement.
    No not really. Arizona was a 10 win team and didn't make the playoffs. How is it ridiculous to think that scenario could have just easily happened to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Listening View Post
    When you say it's 100% the media's fault, you mean, for it's their fault for being on the field and sticking a microphone in his face right after a game?

I mean, if so, then yeah, I actually agree with that sentiment...I'm beyond tired of asking coaches to comment on the field going into halftime, or coming out of halftime, and reporters hovering around players and coaches after games.

But if it's about them covering his comments and the reaction to them...why is it 100% their fault?

I mean, if something gets picked up on by people watching the game and starts a conversation in living rooms, offices, the internet, etcl....then it's not just the "media", it's also viewers.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    bullshit 100% media's fault. Saying it's the media's fault for Sherman's actions is like saying Sherman's just an animal that can't control himself.

Post game interviews can be about more than "we gave 110%". Sherman could have commented on how he saw the last play develop. He could have said many interesting things. Instead chose to scream about how great he was and how shitty someone else is.
    I'm not even defending Sherman. I answered a question. At what point did I say the media made him act like that or answer the questions like that? I didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post

Doesn't Crabtree bare some of the responsibility for the outburst? I mean, he did put on a jersey, laced up his cleats and tried to compete on the same field as Richard Sherman. It's understandable that the man took it so personally.

Good god. I am so sick of hearing the "what ifs" of Alex Smith playing for the Niners. I like Smith, but there's no way in hell we would have made the playoffs with him in a Niner jersey. KC did so well because of their schedule. I'm not a Kaep homer by any means, but he's not that bad of a QB and he has the potential to be incredible. His first interception was bad. The game ending interception would have been the game winning touchdown if it was thrown 3 inches higher.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    No not really. Arizona was a 10 win team and didn't make the playoffs. How is it ridiculous to think that scenario could have just easily happened to them?
    Because Kaepernick didn't even have that good of a season.

His legs are a weapon and make up for some of his passing deficiencies with them, but he still finished outside the top 30 in completion percentage and passing yards per game.

For example, he had 91 passing yards against Carolina, 127 against New Orleans (and in Seattle early in the season).

I think it's fair to assume Smith puts up better passing numbers, runs the ball less than Kaepernick, and they probably finish with the same if not better record.
    Last edited by Listening; 01-21-2014 at 10:56 AM.

All of this talk and the Broncos are not mentioned once. Guess they might come up after the next win cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Smith put up better passing numbers because of offense scheme and checking down to Jamaal Charles. Remove Charles from the equation and Smith has 600 less yards and 7 less TDs. Smith has a whole 1 less interception this year than Kaepernick, and only 2 more passing TDs. Kaepernick finished with a higher QB rating. Kaepernick had 100 less passing attempts than Smith and still finished with almost the same amount of passing yards. You Alexsexuals need to hurry up and get the fuck over it already.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

As much as I could give a flying fuck about either QB it seems the general consensus from most niner fans is that Alex Smith wouldn't have taken them anywhere and good riddance to him in KC... Did everybody seem to forget that he took them to the NFC championship game a couple years ago as the #1 seed and was the highest rated passer in the NFL and an MVP candidate that same year? I'm fucking perplexed by the Alex Smith hate, did he fuck all of your sisters before he left SF?
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaxspear View Post
    Smith put up better passing numbers because of offense scheme and checking down to Jamaal Charles. Remove Charles from the equation and Smith has 600 less yards and 7 less TDs. Smith has a whole 1 less interception this year than Kaepernick. Kaepernick finished with a higher QB rating. Kaepernick had 100 less passing attempts than Smith and still finished with almost the same amount of passing yards. You Alexsexuals need to hurry up and get the fuck over it already.
    Last season, when they both played for the Niners, Smith had a higher passer rating and far higher completion percentage.

But hey, congrats on "Alexsexuals". Really.
    Last edited by Listening; 01-21-2014 at 11:25 AM.

All of this talk and the Broncos are not mentioned once. Guess they might come up after the next win cr****

Ok, Ron. Here's some Broncos talk.

Screw the Broncos.

And screw Wes Welker for that legal but dirty pancake hit on Talib.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    As much as I could give a flying fuck about either QB it seems the general consensus from most niner fans is that Alex Smith wouldn't have taken them anywhere and good riddance to him in KC... Did everybody seem to forget that he took them to the NFC championship game a couple years ago as the #1 seed and was the highest rated passer in the NFL and an MVP candidate that same year? I'm fucking perplexed by the Alex Smith hate, did he fuck all of your sisters before he left SF?
    Most of it probably built up over the seasons before Harbaugh got there.

Good god. I am so sick of hearing the "what ifs" of Alex Smith playing for the Niners. I like Smith, but there's no way in hell we would have made the playoffs with him in a Niner jersey. KC did so well because of their schedule. I'm not a Kaep homer by any means, but he's not that bad of a QB and he has the potential to be incredible. His first interception was bad. The game ending interception would have been the game winning touchdown if it was thrown 3 inches higher.
    Didnt the 49ers make the playoffs with alex smith?
    you are soooooooo good lookin

Question: are Kaepernick fans called Kaeperclits?

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I love Alex Smith as a person, and the guy has enormous brass balls to keep competing after all the shit he went through in SF. I've watched him since he was drafted, and I still root for him to be successful now. Unfortunately I don't believe he possesses the skillset to take a game over and win. In the 7+ years he played for SF, I have only seen him do it a couple of times. It's been beaten to death, but he is a quintessential "game manager." As long as he has a stellar defense and solid run game, he has a chance to win games. He doesn't do well where he has to throw deep and take risks to overcome a lead by the other team. Yes he has a high passer rating, because he plays smart and throws short/high % passes. His 3rd down conversion rating over the years has been absolutely brutal though because teams will stack the box and force him to throw more than 10 yards.

And Listening, "Alexsexual" is a term coined by the SF message board for all of the Smith homers who can't get over him. Don't get all worked up about it.
    Last edited by Shaxspear; 01-21-2014 at 11:43 AM.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    Didnt the 49ers make the playoffs with alex smith?
    They did that year. I don't think they would have this year. The NFC was a lot deeper this year.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

Has anyone told the SF message board that "Alexsexual" is like D+ work at best

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

With some of the intellectual prowess they have on that message board, D+ is a big win.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

Smith put up better passing numbers because of offense scheme and checking down to Jamaal Charles. Remove Charles from the equation and Smith has 600 less yards and 7 less TDs.
    This is really dumb logic. If Smith didn't have Jamaal Charles, he'd have another running back and that running back would have caught for some yards and maybe some touchdowns. That's like saying "If the Broncos didn't have Peyton Manning, the team would have had 5,477 less yards and 55 less touchdowns." It doesn't work that way.

I love Alex Smith as a person, and the guy has enormous brass balls to keep competing after all the shit he went through in SF. I've watched him since he was drafted, and I still root for him to be successful now. Unfortunately I don't believe he possesses the skillset to take a game over and win. In the 7+ years he played for SF, I have only seen him do it a couple of times. It's been beaten to death, but he is a quintessential "game manager." As long as he has a stellar defense and solid run game, he has a chance to win games. He doesn't do well where he has to throw deep and take risks to over come a lead by the other team. Yes he has a high passer rating, because he plays smart and throws short/high % passes. His 3rd down conversion rating over the years has been absolutely brutal though because teams will stack the box and force him to throw more than 10 yards.

And Listening, "Alexsexual" is a term coined by the SF message board for all of the Smith homers who can't get over him. Don't get all worked up about it.
    I understand the game manager criticism about Smith, who's biggest mistake was that he wasn't Aaron Rodgers, but the thing I think is missed is that for the most part Kaepernick was basially a game manager most of this season as well.

But I think a bigger problem than Kaepernick's passing in the Seahawks game was the Niners run-game (outside of Kaepernick).

Frank Gore finished with 14 yards, Marshawn Lynch with 109. Gore 1.3 yards per carry, Lynch 5.

It was the inability to run the ball with Gore that put the game on Kaepernick's arm in the 4th quarter.
    Last edited by Listening; 01-21-2014 at 12:07 PM.