Page 600 of 622 FirstFirst ... 595596597598599600601602603604605 ... LastLast
Results 17,971 to 18,000 of 18635

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    As far as matchups go, as good as Seattle's D is, their offense REALLY has to kick it up a notch to compete with Denver.
    Patriots defense held them to 26 points, and seattle's D is FAR better than new england's. If the seahawks can put up at least 20 points I think they'll win.

Vegas disagrees. Denver -3.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

As much as I'm rooting for Denver, I'd take the points.
    Arctic Monkeys - 10.25.14 - Comerica Theater
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds

Go Broncos ..I said they would go undefeated so I guess I sort of lose, but I'll take it ... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Classic game. Doug Baldwin played out of his mind today and kept us in it. I thought Harbaugh showed a lot of class in his post game comments. Sherman, not so much, but damn what a play at the end.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Heading to Denver Super Bowl weekend!!! One more game.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

can't really argue that this will be the best team in the NFC vs. the best team in the AFC. two teams that seem to be headed towards a "destiny" season. should be a great super bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

I probably would have routed for Seattle in the Super Bowl but fuck that. I'm not even that mad with Sherman post game interview (lets face it would be a great wwe promo) but is it that hard to show a little bit of class? What really fucking pissed me off was the throwing food after Bowman snapped in leg in half. Seriously what is wrong with those fans? A guy is injured getting carted off the field show some fucking respect. That is worse then when the 49er fans did the wave during another players injury. As far as the game goes, not much I can say Seattle just played better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    I probably would have routed for Seattle in the Super Bowl but fuck that. I'm not even that mad with Sherman post game interview (lets face it would be a great wwe promo) but is it that hard to show a little bit of class? What really fucking pissed me off was the throwing food after Bowman snapped in leg in half. Seriously what is wrong with those fans? A guy is injured getting carted off the field show some fucking respect.
    Yeah, that's pretty messed up.

I'm still wondering how a) NaVorro Bowman held onto the ball when his leg was destroyed and b) Why the hell wasn't that play reviewed?

There were a lot of those kind of strange activities by the refs last night. The Seacocks won't get those kind of calls in the Super Bowl, so they better start playing to win instead of playing to barely hang on if they want to win in New Jersey.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

It wasn't the refs' fault that the fumble wasn't reviewed, I'm pretty sure it's a rule that those plays can't be reviewed.

I need some evidence that the fans threw food at Navorro Bowman, because that's too heinous to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    It wasn't the refs' fault that the fumble wasn't reviewed, I'm pretty sure it's a rule that those plays can't be reviewed.

I need some evidence that the fans threw food at Navorro Bowman, because that's too heinous to believe.
    It's all over the wires this morning. They threw food at him.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

The rule is that recovery of a loose ball in the field of play isn’t reviewable because the fumble itself cannot be reviewed unless it’s been called on the field by the refs. So because they messed up and didn't call it a fumble, it couldn't be reviewed. The onus is STILL on the refs here.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    The rule is that recovery of a loose ball in the field of play isn’t reviewable because the fumble itself cannot be reviewed unless it’s been called on the field by the refs. So because they messed up and didn't call it a fumble, it couldn't be reviewed. The onus is STILL on the refs here.
    Fair enough, but you just asked why the play wasn't reviewed.

I'm not even that mad with Sherman post game interview (lets face it would be a great wwe promo) but is it that hard to show a little bit of class? What really fucking pissed me off was the throwing food after Bowman snapped in leg in half. Seriously what is wrong with those fans? A guy is injured getting carted off the field show some fucking respect. That is worse then when the 49er fans did the wave during another players injury. As far as the game goes, not much I can say Seattle just played better.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    It's all over the wires this morning. They threw food at him.
    One asshole sitting in the stands with a bucket of popcorn does not constitute "the fans." It was a dickless, classless move and I hope whoever did it was banned from the stadium for life. But there were games at Candlestick Park where not everyone went home alive so let's try and show a bit of perspective.

Yeah it's hard to fault an entire fan base for that. Every team has fans who would have done the same thing, given the chance.

Fair enough, but you just asked why the play wasn't reviewed.
    True - I guess I incorrectly phrased my dismay. It's those damn zebras, I tell you!

It's the Seattle Seahawks vs the Denver Broncos in

Legalized Marijuana Bowl I

Are ppl that are upset over sherman's interview angry with the tone he used or what he said? I agree it was classless, unnecessary, and way over the top to bash crabtree like that. But was anything he said wrong? I don't think so. He is arguably the best corner in the league and crabtree is mediocre. That was a real fucking interview and I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    One asshole sitting in the stands with a bucket of popcorn does not constitute "the fans." It was a dickless, classless move and I hope whoever did it was banned from the stadium for life. But there were games at Candlestick Park where not everyone went home alive so let's try and show a bit of perspective.
    Yeah it's hard to fault an entire fan base for that. Every team has fans who would have done the same thing, given the chance.
    Some perspective? Did I not bash my own team fans for doing the wave during and injured Cardinals player? That still really pisses me off that they did it so I think my perspective is fine. Also what point was I judging the entire fan base? I used "those fans" to reference the people that threw the food. Overall I love how Seattle so passionate about their sports teams.

Some perspective? Did I not bash my own team fans for doing the wave during and injured Cardinals player? That still really pisses me off that they did it so I think my perspective is fine. Also what point was I judging the entire fan base? I used "those fans" to reference the people that threw the food. Overall I love how Seattle so passionate about their sports teams.
    It was one fan who threw one handful of popcorn. One guy out of 67,000. He was reportedly ejected from the game. Like Tommy pointed out, there are always going to be a small group of fans from any team that will act in shameful ways not representative of their respective teams. Like the handful of 49er fans who took to twitter to call Richard Sherman a thug and a n1gger on Martin Luther King day, they're a poor representation of the San Francisco fan base. Sherman wrote a column today for Sports Illustrated addressing all of this. http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/richar...hael-crabtree/

What a night, and what a finish.

Near midnight I still had about 70 unread text messages from friends and family, most of which read, “Best interview ever!” Many of my Twitter mentions were less supportive. My body ached. I was thrilled and proud and upset, all at once.

Here’s what happened …

I spent most of the game on an island: I was targeted only twice during the entire NFC Championship. The first produced a BS holding call against me; the second ended the game. Michael Crabtree stutter-stepped out of his break on first down and sprinted toward the end zone. I was in good position for a pick until he pushed me in the back. My interception became a tip and an interception for Malcolm Smith in the end zone.

Game over. The Seahawks are in the Super Bowl.

I ran over to Crabtree to shake his hand but he ignored me. I patted him, stuck out my hand and said, “Good game, good game.” That’s when he shoved my face, and that’s when I went off.

I threw a choking sign at 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. Why? Because he decided he was going to try the guy he was avoiding all game, because, I don’t know, he’s probably not paying attention for the game-winning play. C’mon, you’re better than that.

“It was loud, it was in the moment, and it was just a small part of the person I am.”
    Erin Andrews interviewed me after the game and I yelled what was obvious: If you put a subpar player across from a great one, most of the time you’re going to get one result. As far as Crabtree being a top-20 NFL receiver, you’d have a hard time making that argument to me. There are a lot of receivers playing good ball out there, and Josh Gordon needed 14 games to produce almost double what Crabtree can do in a full season. And Gordon had Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer and Jason Campbell playing quarterback.

But that’s not why I don’t like the man. It goes back to something he said to me this offseason in Arizona, but you’d have to ask him about that. A lot of what I said to Andrews was adrenaline talking, and some of that was Crabtree. I just don’t like him.

It was loud, it was in the moment, and it was just a small part of the person I am. I don’t want to be a villain, because I’m not a villainous person. When I say I’m the best cornerback in football, it’s with a caveat: There isn’t a great defensive backfield in the NFL that doesn’t have a great front seven. Everything begins with pressure up front, and that’s what we get from our pass rushers every Sunday. To those who would call me a thug or worse because I show passion on a football field—don’t judge a person’s character by what they do between the lines. Judge a man by what he does off the field, what he does for his community, what he does for his family.

But people find it easy to take shots on Twitter, and to use racial slurs and bullying language far worse than what you’ll see from me. It’s sad and somewhat unbelievable to me that the world is still this way, but it is. I can handle it.

One thing I can’t accept is what I read after the game about Seahawks fans throwing food at 49ers linebacker Navorro Bowman as he was being carted off the field with his knee injury. If it’s true, it’s beyond terrible. That’s as low as it gets. I’m sure whoever did this is in a small minority of fans, because I don’t think that kind of action is an accurate representation of the character of the 12th man. Navorro Bowman is a great player who plays the game the right way. When he went down, I dropped to a knee and prayed for him. He deserves better than having food thrown at him as he’s carted off a field. All players deserve better than that.

So here we are, in the Super Bowl. New York-bound. There will be a lot of talking, but at this point, after 18 games, there’s nothing left to say. We have the right mindset, and nothing can change that. We’ve treated every week like a championship opportunity and we’ll obviously continue to think that way. We deserve to be here. We didn’t sneak into the Super Bowl; we earned our way. Now every goal we set forth at the beginning of the season is in front of us.

The Broncos stand in our way, and it’s a large obstacle. They’ve got the smartest quarterback in football and receivers who are large (mostly), explosive with the football and run great routes. Wes Welker is quick and elusive, Eric Decker is a great receiver with hands and speed, and Demaryius Thomas is as strong as they come. And Peyton knows how to get each of them in spots.

It’s the No. 1 offense vs. the No. 1 defense. It’s a match made in heaven, and we couldn’t be more excited. If you’re any kind of competitor and you have any kind of dog about you, you want to play against the best. Finally, we get the opportunity.

Chancellor/Davis II

SF, NE, DEN have all had their time. Seattle's waited 35 years to celebrate a championship (minus WNBA). We've been the frustrated underdog sports town full of almosts and what-ifs but the feeling in the air right now is the most electrifying I can remember. In Super Bowl XLVIII the immovable object > unstoppable force. Go Hawks!

OK so it was one fan, which I did not know at the time. I take back the "those fans" and turn it into "that fan."

Also Sherman needs to learn when to shut up. Like I said before I'm not even mad at it but here the Seahawks play a great game and earn the trip to the Superbowl, but instead of talking about the game all the media is focusing attention on his post game interview and not talking about their victory. I understand it's who he is and him keeping his name out there but sometimes you just have to let people talk about the team and not you.

Also Sherman needs to learn when to shut up. Like I said before I'm not even mad at it but here the Seahawks play a great game and earn the trip to the Superbowl, but instead of talking about the game all the media is focusing attention on his post game interview and not talking about their victory. I understand it's who he is and him keeping his name out there but sometimes you just have to let people talk about the team and not you.
    I agree. He's a smart guy and hopefully he learns from it. I thought Jim Harbaugh was very sincere and gracious in his post-game comments so if he can learn to suck it up and act like an adult I think there's hope for Sherman.

On the other side of spectrum you have Russell Wilson who always says the right thing and is always positive and diplomatic and his press conferences and interviews are usually boring.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    I agree. He's a smart guy and hopefully he learns from it. I thought Jim Harbaugh was very sincere and gracious in his post-game comments so if he can learn to suck it up and act like an adult I think there's hope for Sherman.

On the other side of spectrum you have Russell Wilson who always says the right thing and is always positive and diplomatic and his press conferences and interviews are usually boring.
    Sherman is a very smart guy, you don't just get into Stanford if you aren't smart. Also when he isn't running his mouth you can hear it with how he talks and even in his essay he wrote that he is an educated person. I hope he does, he is way to talented of a player to have only people talk about his antics instead of his playing.

And there is no reason why anyone shouldn't like Russell Wilson at all.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

OK so it was one fan, which I did not know at the time. I take back the "those fans" and turn it into "that fan."

why is it Sherman's fault everyone else is focusing on his comments?

he was fucking jacked because he beat the guy that was talking shit about him and on top of that the play sent his team to the super bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    why is it Sherman's fault everyone else is focusing on his comments?

he was fucking jacked because he beat the guy that was talking shit about him and on top of that the play sent his team to the super bowl.
    It's not his fault it's 100% of the medias fault. However he does know that the media is going to talk about it and he is better off not just making those comments right then. It's not like this was his first time doing something like this he knows how the media works by now.

Sherman is the best CB in the league. He just happens to be the biggest mouthpiece in the league as well.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

I'm a big 49ers fan. Great game played by both teams. I understand the seattle crowd has an effect on the field but I'm getting kinda tired of hearing about the 12th man. Sherman played that last play perfectly. Kudos to him and seattle. The refs were absolutely horrible this game. That's the way it goes sometimes. Kaepernick... Never been on the wagon and probably won't be with his piss poor performance this year. If it wasn't for an excellent defense and great receivers (can't forget about Gore in the RB position obviously) the niners would not have gotten this far. We need a QB in the QB spot not a running back.

Having said that I'm looking forward to the Super Bowl

Go Broncos!

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Sherman's been a classless fucking egomaniac tool since his start in the league. a simple search on YT for him yields a bunch of vids of him acting like a jackass (the Skip Bayless interview is now classic) But what makes his behavior yesterday that much worse is that it didn't take the best CB in the league to make that play. Kaepernick lost that game with a bad throw that half if not most CBs in the league could have knocked away.

What he's primarily known for these days is his mouth instead of his play.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.