Page 538 of 617 FirstFirst ... 533534535536537538539540541542543 ... LastLast
Results 16,111 to 16,140 of 18508

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    I swear there was a guy that looked like Tomaz in the crowd, haha.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. We need a .gif of that.

ha I'd like to see that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

BOOM

I'm much better looking than that loser
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Does that mean it was you?

no that's not me. guy's got my hairline and similar glasses though. mouth is all wrong

plus, my fitz jersey is red, that guy's wearing a white one.

49ers just grabbed Marcus Lattimore. NFL red shirt.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

I'm super-pleased with how this draft worked out for the Cards. And now, 4+ months until the season begins...

I'll be super-pleased if Matthieu turns into what we hope for rather than what we fear.

I'd like to see them snag an OT in FA. Have they signed a new OL coach? Russ Grim might have been the worst coach in Cardinal history.

So the Seahawks drafted this RB Christine Michael at the end of the second. Sure the guy's got a girls name (I've been assured it's pronounced "Kristen," like that's any better) and RB was hardly a position of need for the Hawks, but then I started watching this guy's game tape and I really like the pick. The way Marshawn Lynch runs it makes sense to have as much depth as possible at the position, and I think this kid looks like as good of a prospect as any back in this draft class

Well, pretty much everybody's highlight tape is gonna look good because all they show is... well... highlights.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

My draft winners are 49ers, Panthers. and Minnesota.

49ers, not just because I'm obviously biases but because look at what they drafted. Reid addresses the void as FS. He might not have been the best FS available but best fit for the 9ers. Tank Carradine was great value in the second. Then they got a great steal in the fourth with WR Patton and RB Lattimore. Obviously Lattimore is a risk but with three RB already they can afford to Redshirt him a year to really make sure his knees are fine. And Remember Frank Gore had multiple knee injuries in college and I would say he turned out alright by becoming the franchise leader in rushing yards. Plus trading up three times and still having 11 picks is pretty crazy.

Panthers, Look at their first two picks, Star Loutelli and Kawann Short. They just got their defense trench set for the next 10 years.

Vikings, anytime you get three first rounders, especially in positions you need I think is an automatic when regardless of how Creep looks at it.

My only real true losers of this draft is the Cowboys. The Raiders sort of started off looking like one but made up for it I think. But can Jerry Jones now be called Al Davis? Seriously look at his first three draft picks. Severely reaching for Fredrick, taking Gavin Escobar with the second pick. I actually like Escobar and think he can end up being the best TE in the draft but they had no need for a TE and it's not like they had a luxury of taking him. Good to get Wittens eventual replacement but I sitll think Witten hasanother 3-4 seasons in him so they could have got it another year or two down the road. Then Williams at WR with the third pick. Again not that Williams himself was a bad pick but seeing as they are set at WR and Williams is only going to be the #3 WR at best is a strange pick. Ultimately htey had plenty of needs that they pretty much failed to address.

My two biggest steals of the draft are The Seahawks getting Jesse Williams in the 5th and the Chargers Getting Keenan Allen in the 3rd. I know these guys are both dealing with slow recoveries from injuries but how the hell they both fell so low is beyond me. Allen is going to tear is up with the pass happy offense of the chargers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Well, pretty much everybody's highlight tape is gonna look good because all they show is... well... highlights.
    But this one has sweet music.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    So the Seahawks drafted this RB Christine Michael at the end of the second. Sure the guy's got a girls name (I've been assured it's pronounced "Kristen," like that's any better) and RB was hardly a position of need for the Hawks, but then I started watching this guy's game tape and I really like the pick. The way Marshawn Lynch runs it makes sense to have as much depth as possible at the position, and I think this kid looks like as good of a prospect as any back in this draft class

I'm noticing some mediocre draft grades for Seattle out there but they are coming from people who don't really have a clue what their first 4 picks in particular provide in value. I watched quite a bit of the Aggies, Lions, KState, and the Tide and can assure you that all of these guys will make an immediate impact with what Carroll is doing over the next few seasons, especially the two defensive pickups in Jordan Hill who is an explosive 3 technique that could immediately fill the voids left by Jones and Branch, and Jesse Williams who is a nasty line pushing psycho that has a knack for getting at the ball whether it's bulldozing for it or dropping back. I think they did pretty well addressing strengths as opposed to needs... Their needs weren't all that huge to begin with... Fuckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole.Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    But this one has sweet music.
    He is solid, the guy is very good with short yardage. Rotating him in with Lynch will good.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    My only real true losers of this draft is the Cowboys. The Raiders sort of started off looking like one but made up for it I think. But can Jerry Jones now be called Al Davis? Seriously look at his first three draft picks. Severely reaching for Fredrick, taking Gavin Escobar with the second pick. I actually like Escobar and think he can end up being the best TE in the draft but they had no need for a TE and it's not like they had a luxury of taking him. Good to get Wittens eventual replacement but I sitll think Witten hasanother 3-4 seasons in him so they could have got it another year or two down the road. Then Williams at WR with the third pick. Again not that Williams himself was a bad pick but seeing as they are set at WR and Williams is only going to be the #3 WR at best is a strange pick. Ultimately htey had plenty of needs that they pretty much failed to address.
    Although I do have my qualms with their mediocre draft this season I can't fully agree with you only because as a depressed overanalyzing Cowboy fan, I simply know too much. This draft overall for the Cowboys has everything to do with cap implications for next season, we drafted Williams to potentially replace Austin who's injuries and high cap number have driven the Cowboys front office insane, we also drafted B.W. Webb early because we will also be releasing Scandrick for the same reasons as Austin, and we drafted Escobar because Romo has been complaining about not having a 2 TE set that spreads the field, which is what almost every good QB has been able to get somehow over the last couple years, we tried with Bennet and he was too much of a blocker, we tried with Hanna and was also a better blocker who even contributed more on special teams, with Escobar this is kind of the last attempt at getting both Witten and Romo help, he has no blocking ability whatsoever but had the highest red zone numbers of any TE in the draft, very one dimensional but exactly what we needed to spread the field while Witten focuses on blocking and also finally becoming a threat against single coverage instead of double or triple.

I personally like the Frederick pick but NOT at 31, he was the best Center in the draft but had a high 2nd round grade, which means they could have traded up for him then, apparently they were scared that the top half of the second round was targeting him, I like the pick in general because we have not had a presence in the middle that could stop two rushers and call out plays at the same time for YEARS and we have to protect the $55 million investment behind Frederick... I fear that we will deeply regret passing Shariff Floyd and am really worried that we have instilled too much faith in Jay Ratliff, not sure why but Monte Kiffin really believes in him.

Also, I would have liked Phillip Thomas instead of JJ Wilcox because we needed a nasty safety not a nimble one. It's sad and almost pathetic to admit that this draft almost had to be a wash because of financial implications for next years cap, but that's what happens when you have an owner/GM with absolutely no real understanding of contracts, he's given way too many bad ones and is paying for them now at the cost of his teams future.
    Last edited by ThomThom; 04-28-2013 at 12:51 PM.
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole.Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

I would say that the overall winners of the draft are the Steelers, Niners, Panthers, Vikings, and Packers. They all had a great combination of adding to both areas of need and areas of strength without skipping a beat and feel that they could be using all of their picks as starters within the next 3 to 5 years and having them last an additional 3 to 5 years after that, great drafting by all 5 of those teams.

I congratulate the Packers most because they actually addressed an area of concern for more than a decade and also shifted the focus of their offense to help their future hall of famer by getting the two biggest steals of the draft in Lacy and Franklin... You guys have no idea what that tandem is going to do for the next few seasons, before they are forced to choose one when their contracts are up. Those guys together with Rodgers and his WR squadron are going to fucking slaughter defenses, I think everybody is on notice.

It's impossible and silly to declare "winners" and "losers" of the draft when none of these players have even played a snap in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    It's impossible and silly to declare "winners" and "losers" of the draft when none of these players have even played a snap in the NFL.
    If you are familiar enough with the players being drafted and the teams drafting them you can have an educated opinion on what may or may not work, besides it's a great deal of fun.

Vikings, anytime you get three first rounders, especially in positions you need I think is an automatic when regardless of how Creep looks at it.
    I think it's more impressive when you draft three first rounders while only having one pick in the first round, like the Chargers.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

I think it's more impressive when you draft three first rounders while only having one pick in the first round, like the Chargers.
    That would be impressive. Impossible, but impressive.

Well I personally was never really sold on Teo as a first rounder, he went right around where I thought he would go. but yes I did mention Allen as one of the two big steals of the draft. Again I might be biased because I am a Cal Bears fan but I've think he is going to be the best WR of the bunch. I remember thinking after watching my first game of his was that he was going to be a stud in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    If you are familiar enough with the players being drafted and the teams drafting them you can have an educated opinion on what may or may not work, besides it's a great deal of fun.
    I look forward to the game in which honey badger snaps kapernicks neck like a twig.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I look forward to the game in which honey badger snaps kapernicks neck like a twig.
    If he keeps his head on straight he's going to be a force on special teams, a cb in nickel packages, and at Free Safety. Nice fucking pick for you assholes.

Well I personally was never really sold on Teo as a first rounder, he went right around where I thought he would go. but yes I did mention Allen as one of the two big steals of the draft. Again I might be biased because I am a Cal Bears fan but I've think he is going to be the best WR of the bunch. I remember thinking after watching my first game of his was that he was going to be a stud in the NFL.
    Fluker is the real deal not much to say about that big motherfucker... Not completely sold on Teo being an every down kind of guy just yet... He tackles poorly, has issues rushing inside quick enough, and suffers against quick runners. Allen's knocks are his injury history, being a pot head, lack of having an identity in a more scheme based offense, and has historically been a bad route runner and blocker.

If McCoy can fix Allen he can be a Boldin type of WR as he makes unbelievable catches in dangerous areas of the field or if they use him outside he can fit the mold of Jordy Nelson... But dude has to let the herb go and learn how to run a route and block. On that same note if Pagano can build Teo's speed and rushing abilities he has the potential of being an Urlacher kind of guy.

San Diego is FINALLY going to be an interesting team to watch.

Fluker is the real deal not much to say about that big motherfucker... Not completely sold on Teo being an every down kind of guy just yet... He tackles poorly, has issues rushing inside quick enough, and suffers against quick runners. Allen's knocks are his injury history, being a pot head, lack of having an identity in a more scheme based offense, and has historically been a bad route runner and blocker.

If McCoy can fix Allen he can be a Boldin type of WR as he makes unbelievable catches in dangerous areas of the field or if they use him outside he can fit the mold of Jordy Nelson... But dude has to let the herb go and learn how to run a route and block. On that same note if Pagano can build Teo's speed and rushing abilities he has the potential of being an Urlacher kind of guy.

San Diego is FINALLY going to be an interesting team to watch.
    Have you actually seen Allen play or even read a scouting report on him? The guy is a fantastic route runner with great hands. He is an average blocker at best but he isn't terrible at it either. Also he hurt his knee once, which has been slow to heal, but it's not like he has a history of knee injuries preventing him from significant playing time. Also he just sprained his PCL not ACL which is a lot less server injury. As far has him being a "pot head" goes no real proof of that, at least any that I can find from a quick Google search which I admit I could have searched wrong. Only negative thing was his drug test at the combine was flagged because of high water levels but he has since re taken the test but results haven't been released. Now I agree the high water content is probably due to trying to dilute his test but he doesn't have a history of being a pot head.

I'm an avid PAC watcher and always saw him as one of the best players in the division but never really saw him run routes well, it may have more to do with lack of a pro style offense or even lack of a decent QB but he was at times sloppy and struggled with running to the ball, he did have a knack for making something out of nothing when the ball actually got to him but he never ran to the ball himself. With his type of build he is going to be expected to block quite a bid, especially with the amount of screens McCoy will likely run in their new offense. Supposedly he got a bad rap at the combine and pre-combine for diluted testing. All of the above are very good reasons why 31 teams passed on him, with a very good chunk of them needing a 1st round rated WR. I hope he does well and firmly believe that he will but it would be stupid to think there wasn't risk attached to him or why some teams wouldn't be completely sold on him.
    Last edited by ThomThom; 04-28-2013 at 11:28 PM.

I never said there wasn't going to be risks, you just made out to be like he was a total pothead with plenty of off field drug issues which hasn't been the case at all. It still might happen you never know. And I will agree Zack Maynard throwing the ball to you will make even the best routes look awful, but no way is he a bad route runner. The only real concerns team should have is the fact that his PCL is taking so long to heal. Again I know I'm probably being biased but the chargers got a real steal with him and he is the WR they have been missing since they let Jackson walk.

If he keeps his head on straight he's going to be a force on special teams, a cb in nickel packages, and at Free Safety. Nice fucking pick for you assholes.
    he's either going to be Deion Sanders or Lawrence Phillips.