Page 510 of 617 FirstFirst ... 505506507508509510511512513514515 ... LastLast
Results 15,271 to 15,300 of 18508

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

Rob Ryan is complete shit and has never had a good defense throughout his coordinating days. He just rode his manic look and his brother's coattails in a position and has failed.

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    ^wrong
    Rob Ryan is complete shit and has never had a good defense throughout his coordinating days. He just rode his manic look and his brother's coattails in a position and has failed.
    espn hire this man. riveting analysis.
    2013 Wishlist
    OUTKAST, Black Hippy, Ryan Hemsworth, Pleasurekraft, Shlohmo, TNGHT, Action Bronson, Flylo/Captain Murphy, Jamie xx, DJ Funeral, Lone, Cashmere Cat, De La Soul, Chief Keef, Flosstradamus,

Below are the Cowboys defensive numbers and ranks in terms of EPA per game since 2010 (year before Rob Ryan took over).

EPA PG* NFL RANK
    2012 -5.3 28th
    2011 -1.8 20th
    2010 -1.7 27th
    *Net PPG contributed by defense above league avg.

shit

Quote Originally Posted by eddiebrock View Post
    welcome to jerryworld.

my cowboys are in shambles. The defense wasnt the problem per say, but it sure as hell wasnt the solution either. cowboys got ran over by two rookie rb's the second half of the season. But that aside i dont agree with this firing at all.

They overpay Brandon Carr, mortgage the draft for Mo Claiborne to better fit the defensive scheme of Rob Ryan and then dump him off without giving him a fair shot at redeeming himself. The defense was decimated by injuries and the cowboys were almost dead LAST in rushing, yet the only thing people want to say is TRADE ROMO HE'S TERRIBLE.

Jerry is a great business man. Not a very good football mind. Another frustrating season down the drain.
    maybe you missed that part. in no way was i saying rob ryan was spectacular. But for the past 6-7 years the biggest thing the cowboys have lacked is consistency. one minute they look like super bowl contenders, the next they'r getting blown out at home by sub-par teams.

all im saying is if you spend one off-season rebuilding and overpaying the defense for Ryan with CBs that can play both press and off-man, and produce in blitz situations. then blow it away because he was the easiest scapegoat. it just lacks consistency and im failing to see the plan here.
    2013 Wishlist
    OUTKAST, Black Hippy, Ryan Hemsworth, Pleasurekraft, Shlohmo, TNGHT, Action Bronson, Flylo/Captain Murphy, Jamie xx, DJ Funeral, Lone, Cashmere Cat, De La Soul, Chief Keef, Flosstradamus,

Do you think garret should be gone?

Seems like every season there is a new sacrificial lamb that must be slaughtered to keep up the mirage that things can get better. first it was wade phillips, then terrel owens, then terrence newman, and now rob ryan. I dont think firing the head coach after just firing the d coordinator is a smart move at this point. But the pressure is on Garret now. 16-16 over the last two seasons isnt going to cut it. I still have a bit of faith in Garret's cowboys if they can stay healthy and sign a few more Bruce Carter type players. But I still think jerry really dropped the ball by not seriously recruiting sean payton
    2013 Wishlist

Honestly you guys are going to run into the Al Davis problem. Jerry Jones needs to step aside and just collect his winnings.

By the way I am partial owner of a championship winning team

Honestly you guys are going to run into the Al Davis problem. Jerry Jones needs to step aside and just collect his winnings.

By the way I am partial owner of a championship winning team
    being a cowboys fan forbids me from rooting for the 49ers so you got me there. And yes I see the Al Davis syndrome happening here as well
    2013 Wishlist

The only publicly owned team is the packers there bud

And how much is your share of the Packers worth there buddy? Face it, you're a donor not an owner.

I know but I'm ok with that. It's still fun to have a share of your team

I know but I'm ok with that. It's still fun to have a share of your team
    I hear ya, I'm a proud and partial owner of GreenPeace.

And I believe they face the San Francisco 49ers this weekend. Therefore I am forced to root for the only publicly owned team as they are lesser of the two evils.
    2013 Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    Seahawks will destroy the Redskins...

see if i'm wrong Tom... i dare you

I can't wait to see Tom's picks for this weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Patriots, broncos, packers, Seahawks
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Patriots, broncos, packers, Seahawks
    Correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

I have the first three also. I honestly can't decide who I think will win the Falcons-Seahawks game, an indecision somewhat based on my feeling that it will be the last victory of the season for either of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    I have the first three also. I honestly can't decide who I think will win the Falcons-Seahawks game, an indecision somewhat based on my feeling that it will be the last victory of the season for either of them.
    I think it is really tough to call this one but I'd have to pick the falcons and my reasoning is kind of stupid. I think the travel and start time for the seahawks will be a problem. I could see them coming out slow and the falcons going up by 21-0 to start the game, which happened to them with the redskins but then RG3 got hurt and the game turned. In this game though I do not think the seahawks will have enough firepower to over come that.

Broncos & 49ers will win in blowouts ...

Everyone thinks the Pats are a sexy pic but its not like the Texans don't have talent on both ends & won't make adjustments. I think they will slow this into a possession type game and that usually ends in a Pats loss.

Matt Ryan has been on fucking fire. So who is hotter? His arm or the Seattle pass rush. I'm still betting on the Seattle pass rush. I am so sick of hearing about the fucking Redskins field. The Seattle defense destroyed RGIIIs knee not the god damn field.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

I am also leaning toward the Falcons, mainly because the Seahawks are flying coast-to-coast for the second consecutive week, they're missing one of their key defenders, and I have a feeling the officiating will favor Atlanta (specifically, the match-up between the Falcons receivers and the Seahawks corners). I'm not terribly confident in this pick, but it's probably how I will go in my straight-up office pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

problem is the Seattle is good at slow balling the game and have you seen Turners stats the 2nd half of the season? fukkin horrendous.

Did the Seahawks really fly back to Seattle? I would think they would have found somewhere to practice in the SE area of the country. The 49ers did the same thing this year, I think. May have been last year. Maybe they had to go back to Seattle because it's easier to get players treatment for various things, but it seems like something they would really try to avoid.

The officiating is a good point. That's what will decide that game if the refs don't let the Seahawks play their physical style and call the game ticky tacky the hawks are done

Falcons
    Packers
    Pats
    Broncos
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

Atlanta has trouble stopping the run on first down, and is prone to giving up big plays. Two things the Seahawks excel at. But u can't underestimate Matt Ryan and the atl offense and if the Seahawks come out like they did last week on the road. They can be looking at the same 14-0 hole again. But right now the Seahawks are without question the hotter of the two teams. If u take just the second half of the season, their records would look something like this

Seahawks, 7-1, +161

Vs

Falcons, 5-3, +43

The nfl epitomizes a what have you done lately mentality and right now the Seahawks are definitely getting it done
    2013 Wishlist

SmellyBath

How can anyone put any eggs in Matty Ice's basket until he's proven something. Like anything of importance.

I think its more about the Falcons getting it to Gonzalez to beat the Hawks pass rush.

Rob Ryan improved the Dallas defense and improved the Cleveland defense only to get the ax in both places. Rob Ryan's big problem is that he ends up in the worst situations you can imagine. The Raiders, the Browns, the Cowboys... Two pathetic franchises and one that is a circus ran by Jerry Jones. Give Rob Ryan a decent set of talent to work and a stable organization and he would look like a great defensive coordinator.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Highly Refined Pirate View Post
    I think its more about the Falcons getting it to Gonzalez to beat the Hawks pass rush.
    Throwing it to him to beat the rush has worked out SO WELL for Tony Gonzalez's previous teams in the playoffs. Especially last year against the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Rob Ryan improved the Dallas defense and improved the Cleveland defense only to get the ax in both places. Rob Ryan's big problem is that he ends up in the worst situations you can imagine. The Raiders, the Browns, the Cowboys... Two pathetic franchises and one that is a circus ran by Jerry Jones. Give Rob Ryan a decent set of talent to work and a stable organization and he would look like a great defensive coordinator.
    So give him a good defense and then he will appear to look like a good coordinator... Good reasoning