Page 452 of 632 FirstFirst ... 447448449450451452453454455456457 ... LastLast
Results 13,531 to 13,560 of 18952

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I can't believe we got Morris fucking Claiborne.
    Yes, that was a very astute move by Dallas. Congrats.

Uhh...Vernon Davis (and Vontae, as well)'s younger brother has been arrested for murdering a tourist with a hammer suspicion of being a serial killer for a couple cold cases.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    As a 49er fan I am happy with the pick. Yes it was a bit of a reach for Jenkins but we needed either a Guard or a WR, more specifically a speed WR and that's what they got so it still fills a need the team had. A little upset we didn't trade up for Decastro when they saw he fell in the draft but o well. Anytime you draft a player of need I don't consider it a bad pick.
    I don't like the pick at all, with Ruben Randle, Steven Hill, and Coby Fleener still on the board I thought it was a pretty risky pick to take a 3rd round talent like Jenkins. I know Harbaugh has a hard on for stuff like this and it has obviously worked in the past so I guess I won't question it THAT much... Definitely would not have made that pick though.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Also Bruce Irvin is definitely a first round talent, what projected him in the second round was the fact that he's a fucking knucklehead, Carroll has a very capable staff and I'm sure they will put Irvin in his place and he will succeed in their system. As for physical capabilities he was very high on teams boards.

Also Bruce Irvin is definitely a first round talent, what projected him in the second round was the fact that he's a fucking knucklehead, Carroll has a very capable staff and I'm sure they will put Irvin in his place and he will succeed in their system. As for physical capabilities he was very high on teams boards.
    Yeah but like I told someone else.. the issue isn't just whether he can play or not, the issue is could they have gotten him with a much lower pick and hence leveraged the value of their draft position.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Yeah but like I told someone else.. the issue isn't just whether he can play or not, the issue is could they have gotten him with a much lower pick and hence leveraged the value of their draft position.
    Supposedly the Patriots were looking to trade up for him which put a fire under Seattle's ass... They may have jumped the gun a bit but they got their man.

By the way, nice pick at 13, Floyd is so fucking valuable... That's going to be a scary combination if Kolb can get his shit together finally.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Bingo.

Again, Tom, speculation. A lot of NFL teams don't consult ESPN mock drafts when putting together their boards, and Seattle wasn't the only team in the league that with a first round grade on Irvin. We traded back, picked up some picks and still got the guy we wanted. Now if he doesn't produce, that's another story, but if I'm a GM/Coach and I firmly believe that this is the best possible player for my team's needs, why would I pass on that player just because the Mel Kipers of the world think he'll still be around 28 picks later.

NFL analyst mock boards mean absolutely nothing to GM's/Scouts/Coaches.

NFL analyst mock boards mean absolutely nothing to GM's/Scouts/Coaches.
    Right, and Carroll and Schneider particularly seem to relish opportunities to go against the grain with their draft picks. I was a bit shocked when I heard the pick, just because I'd barely heard of the guy. But after watching some highlight tape and reading Carroll and Schneider's reasoning behind the move I'm pretty excited to see what this kid can do, especially in the loudest stadium in the NFL. The Cowboys come to Seattle for our season opener. You'd better tell Tony to be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Again, Tom, speculation. A lot of NFL teams don't consult ESPN mock drafts when putting together their boards, and Seattle wasn't the only team in the league that with a first round grade on Irvin. We traded back, picked up some picks and still got the guy we wanted. Now if he doesn't produce, that's another story, but if I'm a GM/Coach and I firmly believe that this is the best possible player for my team's needs, why would I pass on that player just because the Mel Kipers of the world think he'll still be around 28 picks later.
    This is bad thinking. You seem to be claiming that in the NFL draft, teams never reach, they only appear to reach because of analysts who have no credibility. But you know that's a false statement. Teams reach all the time, bad drafts happen, and the Seahawks made a reach pick here.

This is bad thinking. You seem to be claiming that in the NFL draft, teams never reach, they only appear to reach because of analysts who have no credibility. But you know that's a false statement. Teams reach all the time, bad drafts happen, and the Seahawks made a reach pick here.
    Not really what I was trying to express at all. Obviously I'm a fan so I want this pick to work out, but you seem to be arguing that that is doesn't matter whether or not Irvin is a good player - that his skills and potential are irrelevant because other teams weren't as high on him as the Seahawks were, so theoretically we could have got him at a lower price. Say for the sake of argument that Irvin winds up with double digit sacks and is named defensive rookie of the year. By your logic drafting him in the first was still a bad decision, even though the results say otherwise.

Another hypothetical: Say it's the year 2000 and I'm the GM of the New York Jets. We need a QB and my scouts have this noodle arm kid named Chad Pennington number one on our board, but I like this kid Tom Brady out of Michigan. He's not only the highest QB on my board, he's the highest overall player. My scouts think I'm crazy, they've got a 6th round grade on the kid. I stun the sports world by taking Brady with the 18th pick. Now, with the benefit of hindsight, I just drafted a future hall-of-famer. One of the best football players in the history of the game. Everything you would ever want in a first round draft pick. But by your logic this was one of the worst draft picks in NFL history - I jumped 5 rounds to get a QB I could have had in the 6th. Brady's talents are completely irrelevant in this scenario, the only thing that is relevant is that other teams didn't value him as much as I did, so I should have waited and (maybe) got him later.

Bad picks and reaches happen all the time in the NFL, but I usually like to wait and see the kids play ball first before determining whether my team shit the tub or not.

Lets go Rams, grab some shit picks so we can have another bad year, and then move back to Los Angeles.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    The Cowboys come to Seattle for our season opener. You'd better tell Tony to be ready.
    I'll be at that game. I like Bruce Irvin and wanted the Cowboys to grab him in round 2, but he's going to get eaten up by NFL tackles. Don't expect a big impact out of him for at least a couple months.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    I love when people huff an 8 ball and then come on here to show off what they think they know about Stanley Kubrick.

Coby Fleener follows Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    Coby Fleener follows Luck.
    Great pick for Indi, that combo was killing me last year during USC - Stanford.

Janoris Jenkins to the Rams.

Janoris Jenkins to the Rams.
    Him and Finnegan should form a highly irritating secondary.

Well, their defensive coordinator is perma-banned, at the moment, so the might get stuck in a weird transitioning defense situation for a few seasons.

Well, their defensive coordinator is perma-banned, at the moment, so the might get stuck in a weird transitioning defense situation for a few seasons.
    If Fisher was an offensive-minded coach that would be more of a problem, IMO.

Damn, Amini is drafted by the Panthers. I hoped that the 49ers would take him.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

So Elway knows we're winning the next five Super Bowls as currently constructed and is already planning for the year after that. I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Jedi.

Did the Jaguars really just take a punter early in the 3rd round?

Well, Gabbert & Henne are their quarterbacks. He'll probably get used, a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Oakland's finally going to get a pick!

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Man it's nice the 49ers are able to draft for the future without relying on their rookies to be impact players now. Bringing Jenkins and LaMichael James along in minimal pressure roles has to help their development by easing the learning curve.

I was peeved when the Cardinals didn't take Bobby Massie in the 3rd round. And there he was in the 4th, and they got him. Good thing they're running the draft and not me.

Scouts Inc graded him at an 87 -- higher than 4 first round picks -- and was projected to go in the 2nd by most. How he fell to the 4th is beyond me. Hopefully it's not because he's a big lazy doofus.
    Last edited by TomAz; 04-28-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Bobby Massive, oh yeah!!