Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Twilight Concert Series

Default Re: Twilight Concert Series

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I would almost drive out at least for Beck if this it was 4-5 hours or less .
    beck is going to be an absolute zoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    Listen to Ron if you don't want to listen to me. Or will you call his experience into question as well? He's probably one of the most (if not THE most) respected members of this board.

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I would almost drive out at least for Beck if this it was 4-5 hours or less .
    Hey, I've got a couch, and a liquor cabinet with thirty different bottles of bourbon and rye.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

I am tempted to go there for Beck. It's a long ass drive though, and airfare rates are kind of high for a place somewhat nearby.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Just a warning for anyone thinking about driving from far away for any of these. The crowd is absolutely terrible. There were bros moshing to the Decemberists a few years ago. The performers are constantly getting heckled by drunk idiots, constant talking, shouting, pushing and overall douchebagerry. The crowds are huge and they are annoying. Tons of teenagers. The only way to really have a great experience at one of these is to be like kroqken and get the rail. Now I've only been to 3 but I know plenty of people who won't even go to these because the crowd is so awful. I'm not trying to be a killjoy but this has been my experience every time.

^ Only show I've had issues at was Ludacris. Every other one has been great. I just wish they'd move it to Liberty park and do it in the center clearing to add some more wiggle room.

Who's going to beck? I'd love to meet some other boardies!
    Last edited by SONR801; 05-10-2014 at 09:23 AM.
    Boubakiki>Tom Odell>Flatbush Zombies>GOAT>Austra>MS MR>Jagwar Ma>HAIM>Shlohmo>Bonobo>Woodkid>Bryan Ferry>The Knife>Outkast>
    Syd Arthur>Sander Kleinenberg>Temples>Guy Gerber>Julian Casablancas>Warpaint>Future Islands>Lorde>Pixies>Pharrell>Muse>
    Trombone Shorty>Fishbone>Poolside>Scuba>Rudimental>Blood Orange>ill-Esha>Aluna George>Little Dragon>The Toy Dolls>Lana Del Rey> Beck>Motorhead>Netsky>Arcade Fire

For those considering traveling to these shows, I tend to agree with Taylor. These aren't your standard concerts. The crowd is enormous and consists of >50% assholes, who are only there to hangout with friends and get drunk. I haven't been to one since they started charging $5, but I don't imagine the small price tag has reduced the asshole number by any substantial margin.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

The $5 thing has helped a lot, but yeah, these crowds can still get obnoxious. It honestly depends on the act playing; Beck will have an older crowd, and that will make a big difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    The $5 thing has helped a lot, but yeah, these crowds can still get obnoxious. It honestly depends on the act playing; Beck will have an older crowd, and that will make a big difference.
    ^ This. All depends on the show you go to. Erykah Badu was great last year. Luda...not so much. I'm expecting a shit crowd for Wu so I'll probably avoid that one but Charles Bradley & Beck will be awesome.
    Boubakiki>Tom Odell>Flatbush Zombies>GOAT>Austra>MS MR>Jagwar Ma>HAIM>Shlohmo>Bonobo>Woodkid>Bryan Ferry>The Knife>Outkast>
    Syd Arthur>Sander Kleinenberg>Temples>Guy Gerber>Julian Casablancas>Warpaint>Future Islands>Lorde>Pixies>Pharrell>Muse>
    Trombone Shorty>Fishbone>Poolside>Scuba>Rudimental>Blood Orange>ill-Esha>Aluna George>Little Dragon>The Toy Dolls>Lana Del Rey> Beck>Motorhead>Netsky>Arcade Fire

I'm working the whole series except Beck. Be sure to tip your beer tent friends!

And as far as the crowd goes, I'm biased, since I'm pent up in the tents pouring beer- but I refuse to believe it's THAT terrible. Nearly everyone who comes in for a drink is pretty nice, has great things to say about the show and the people. The city does a lot to keep this event going, and they try to keep it as fun and safe as possible. There's shitty people at every show, and we all know that if you're there for the act, then get there early and communicate your concerns with the people around you. Make friends. I hope to meet other boardies too, so say hi if you do come!

Last week at Lauryn Hill, everything went as smoothly as a park concert is expected to go. I hope that keeps up for the whole series.

I happened to be in Salt Lake for Wu so I went, and to be honest the crowd wasn't so bad. I guess what I'm saying here is I think my previous statements were over the top.

Considering that was the worst crowd ever, but even so- not even that terrible. At least most people were adults in their fuckery. I probably poured 400 beers my damned self, and we all made only about $100 each that night. Cheap bastards.

I'm taking this week off to actually SEE Beck. Pretty excited.

I really wanted to drive back up to see Beck this week but with Disclosure in Vegas last weekend and FYF coming up in a couple weeks there was just no way. have so much fun though i'm super jealous.

Ah come on. Buck up. It's FIVE DOLLARS! You can stay at the house I'm sitting, if you're ok w dogs.

I've got two tickets I can't use, I can probably transfer them to Will Call and have someone else pick them up if a couple free tix can be of use to someone here... PM me.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b