Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1410

Thread: Coachella Board Members invade Disneyland

Default Re: Coachella Board Members invade Disneyland

I hope so! I wanted to stay at the Grand California, but from what I hear the Disneyland hotel is more "Disney Magic", so I went with that instead. Now I am just going nuts until 8/31 rolls around! ugh
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    I hope so! I wanted to stay at the Grand California, but from what I hear the Disneyland hotel is more "Disney Magic", so I went with that instead. Now I am just going nuts until 8/31 rolls around! ugh
    Make sure you try to find "classic" mickey for her to take a photo with. He is hard to find. They have all the dressed up mickeys (safari, pilot, ect.) but finding the regular old school one would be a great photo op for a mickey fan!
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    It looks like my girlfriend and I are going to take my 10-year old daughter to Walt Disney World in July. I surprised Madeline with a visit to Disneyland after Coachella in 2011 (there's a video several pages back, I believe), but this will be something closer to a full week. I've been to Disneyland probably 20 times in my life, but I haven't been to Disney World since I was 15. Looking forward to catching up on the differences.

Mr. Ivankay - I just showed the kiddo your pictures on this page and she flipped. The Haunted Mansion is one of her favorite rides.
    My wife's sister and her husband took their teenage kids to dland last year for 3 days and spent from opening to closing there each day. They said they had never been so worn out in their lives. Good luck to you, sir, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    My wife's sister and her husband took their teenage kids to dland last year for 3 days and spent from opening to closing there each day. They said they had never been so worn out in their lives. Good luck to you, sir, haha!
    Sounds like Disneyland the coachella edition! I have always said coachella is my adult disneyland.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    Make sure you try to find "classic" mickey for her to take a photo with. He is hard to find. They have all the dressed up mickeys (safari, pilot, ect.) but finding the regular old school one would be a great photo op for a mickey fan!
    Oh yeah! I am going to a character breakfast for her too. This is one of those things on her "bucket" list, so I can't wait. She is one of the most giving people I have never met, so I can't wait to spoil her a little! Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated!
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    I heard it's really something since they refurbished it, and they have a tiki bar!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn163 View Post
    I heard it's really something since they refurbished it, and they have a tiki bar!
    Trader Sam's! That is my FAVORITE place to get a drink! Sooooo fun!

Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    It looks like my girlfriend and I are going to take my 10-year old daughter to Walt Disney World in July. I surprised Madeline with a visit to Disneyland after Coachella in 2011 (there's a video several pages back, I believe), but this will be something closer to a full week. I've been to Disneyland probably 20 times in my life, but I haven't been to Disney World since I was 15. Looking forward to catching up on the differences.

Mr. Ivankay - I just showed the kiddo your pictures on this page and she flipped. The Haunted Mansion is one of her favorite rides.
    i hope i get to Disney World around October 2013. i have never been and am looking towards that time because the new Fantasyland and the 7 Dwarves Mine Ride will be open. SInce this will be the first time, i think it HAS to be at least a week (with a stop off at Harry Potter Land at Universal).

i am flattered she flipped. i like that HM pic so much, it is now my wall paper on my phone. HM is the ride i like to shoot the most. It's also one of the hardest.

This is the most recent picture i posted:

Gonna head over to California Adventure right now for a bit. They took down the construction walls in front of the new Buena Vista Street and i wanna take a look.

Disneyland is just too expensive now.

^Ain't that the truth. Since the price increase i have read a way to get tickets at the old price through the passes sold at suer markets like Vons. i need to go over more details before i share it here. One suggestion is a website that sells these cards directly and still has Premium and Deluxe APs good until the end of the year for the price before the rape, um jump.

Im in for halloween this year.

It's too expensive if you're from out of state.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Yes, my annual pass expires in June and when I called in to make the final payment, they said if I renew my ap before July I can get it at the same price as last year. I hope the person I was talking to was correct.

The Carthay Circle Theatre looks simply stunning. From the Disney Parks Blog:

Can't wait to get back to the parks in August. It's been a year since I've been, which is the longest I've gone between visits in quite a while. Doing a trip with the folks and my grandma and we decided to go all out this year because of Cars Land. We booked four nights at the Disneyland Hotel. They have been taking me since I was 6 months old (25 now), but this will be the first time we've stayed on property. We're thinking about booking a reservation for the Carthay Circle restaurant, but for the four of us to eat there it would be over $200. I'm just so anxious for August to get here.
    4/9 - Sleigh Bells (Crescent Ballroom); 4/11-13 - Coachella Weekend 1; 4/15 - Neutral Milk Hotel (Crescent Ballroom); 4/17 - Lorde (Comerica Theatre); 4/21 - CHVRCHES (Marquee Theatre); 5/10 - Morrissey (LA Sports Arena);8/1-3 - Lollapalooza

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    We're hoping that by staying in a Disney hotel and staying for a week will give us the room to take it easy, but I know that's just cockeyed optimism. I'll be a husk of my former self by mid-week.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

This will be my second year having an AP. I doubt I will renew with the price increase... That seems like a huge increase. Between my boyfriend and I that would be $1300 to renew -I work business HRS M-F and can only go weekends, block out days on the weekends make it hard to use the pass. I would rather buy a membership to the Magic Castle.. at least you can bring your friends..

Glad we booked the Disneyland Hotel. Disney announced this extra perk for hotel resort guests today on its blog:

The Happiest Place on Earth is about to get happier – and beginning with arrivals on June 18, 2012, guests staying at a Disneyland Resort hotel can take advantage of Extra Magic Hour* – early admission to either Disneyland park or Disney California Adventure park – every day of their stay (with valid theme park admission and active hotel room key card).

Extra Magic Hour will allow registered Disneyland Resort hotel guests admission into select attractions at Disneyland park on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and Disney California Adventure park on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, before that park opens to the general public.
    http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-time-to-play/

Usually, you just get one Magic Morning, but now you get it every day of your stay.
    4/9 - Sleigh Bells (Crescent Ballroom); 4/11-13 - Coachella Weekend 1; 4/15 - Neutral Milk Hotel (Crescent Ballroom); 4/17 - Lorde (Comerica Theatre); 4/21 - CHVRCHES (Marquee Theatre); 5/10 - Morrissey (LA Sports Arena);8/1-3 - Lollapalooza

Damn you and damn the inspiring thread. Going this weekend to take advantage of the 2 day/2 Park $99 SoCal tickets before those are gone for the summer. It’ll be a lot of fun or hell (bringing marijuana cookies and fifths of alcohol in case).

Disney hotel was way too expensive ($400 a night?) for what it is, so likely booking this $69 dump which actually doesn’t look so much like a dump from the photos. Large pool area, video game room, pool table. http://www.expedia.com/Orange-County...9703&c=60d3c7&

I was there Monday & I am going back Sunday so my friend can utilize her 2 day park hopper ticket. I have a Disneyland addiction.

The Dump raised up to $79 today, so did "name your price" on Priceline getting the higher starred Holiday Inn for $70 ($25 off reg). They have a bar and happy hour from 4-7pm as well to possibly refuel from the madness.

What else about Disneyland? Well, we snuck in a long time ago (either my friend or I went under the turnstall when no one looking, got a hand stamp, and rubbed it on the other person’s hand while still wet). Peaked frying on Space Mountain, which was incredible. "Small World" was god awful and not recommended on LSD due to the repetitive nature of the song and the length of the ride. Always head for the perverted B&W cartoons showing on the Main St. theatre first thing inside. Should be fun...wholesome, clean fun. Going to make a res at Cafe Orleans. Paradise Garden Grill in CA looks good too with their Mediterranean food.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

So now that we have Premium Annual Passes, what sort of special events can we look forward to getting invited to, if any?
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

— Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    got a hand stamp, and rubbed it on the other person’s hand while still wet).
    had a friend that did this in the parking lot years ago and they saw it on camera and when he walked in him and his girlfriend got to go to disney jail. he and some other friends used to spend the night in the park, running around the closed rides and having fun. they had several pirates masks, the bird from the front of the ride, and other crazy dland "memorabilia from all their adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

The existence of this blog is ridiculous.
    http://www.secretrestroom.com/
    Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

That was my special restroom there! Due to all the meds I am often on I tend to have issues at times. This was my go to spot because it was always available and always clean. Ha.

My pass expired this weekend, so I went with my friend on Friday night. There was a soft opening for the Mad Tea Party in DCA (it replaced ElecTronica) and it was all right. I only hung out at ElecTronica once, which was fine, too, but I chuckled because the kids at the new Mad Tea Party reminded me a little bit of the Sahara Tent. A lot less people, though, and room to walk around. We checked out the arcade, which also was changed, and the token machine had new MTP themed tokens (I remember we picked up the Flynn's Arcade tokens previously). There was a band, too, though, I forgot their name, that played in-between the White Rabbit DJ's sets, covering older songs and newer songs.

We strolled around the Carthay Circle Theater and the very nice fountain. It looks fantastic. Loved the decor.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    i hope i get to Disney World around October 2013. i have never been and am looking towards that time because the new Fantasyland and the 7 Dwarves Mine Ride will be open. SInce this will be the first time, i think it HAS to be at least a week (with a stop off at Harry Potter Land at Universal).
    You may already be doing your research for your trip, but I used mousesavers.com when I had to plan my first trip in 2010 for the Star Wars Convention in Orlando. They had a lot of good info, discount codes for the WDW hotels, and a link to a decent discount ticket site which came in handy for both Universal and WDW. Hope that can help you or anyone else who is planning a trip there. I have been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter twice now and it is pretty awesome. I'm going again for the Star Wars Convention in August and will need a multi-day ticket for Universal again so we can go at night when we leave the convention center.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Wait... wait... wait... How have I never seen this? I will be certain to check it out on my next trip.

And that's kinda cool that someone started a blogpage for it! LOL
    Last edited by SoccerRyot; 05-31-2012 at 11:18 AM. Reason: I never knew about the Secret Restroom!
    2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012.1, 2013.1, 2014.1

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Le Boo! its closed for now..

Edit : it might be closed. I will find out sunday!
    Last edited by euphonicfiend; 05-31-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerRyot View Post
    I have been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter twice now and it is pretty awesome.
    I need to go to this. My daughter is a huge Harry Potter fan, reads the books over and over.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerRyot View Post
    You may already be doing your research for your trip, but I used mousesavers.com when I had to plan my first trip in 2010 for the Star Wars Convention in Orlando. They had a lot of good info, discount codes for the WDW hotels, and a link to a decent discount ticket site which came in handy for both Universal and WDW. Hope that can help you or anyone else who is planning a trip there. I have been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter twice now and it is pretty awesome. I'm going again for the Star Wars Convention in August and will need a multi-day ticket for Universal again so we can go at night when we leave the convention center.
    Thanks! Any and all info will help.

In regards to transferring, growing up in the shadow of the Magic Kingdom, a guy that looks like me and the kids he grew up with were very good at this. The record off of one stamp in their circle was 22 people. they rationalized the morality of it by saying they were bringing them more business they wouldn't otherwise have. When Disney got wise and required you have a stamp and a ticket stub, this dark art was essentially killed. You can still pull it off, but the hassle of getting the stubs to the person with the transfer is a real time killer.

One day i'll share the night some friends and a guy that looks like me hid out on the Sky Way roof in an attempt to get free food at a private party being held in the park.

And here's a recent picture i put up:

Always happy to get decent Mansion shots: