Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1433

Thread: Coachella Board Members invade Disneyland

Default Re: Coachella Board Members invade Disneyland

I've seen alot of deals on craigslist through travel agency type stuff too. I've seen tickets priced really low, so there must be a catch somehow. How much is a general adult ticket now anyways?

A one day adult ticket is $76 (or $101 for a park hopper).
    Southern California residents can add make it a two day (1 park / day) ticket for $99.

What you are seeing is people (or agents) selling the residual day for people who didn't use that 2nd day.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

I wound up booking a full Disneyland trip to complete our week-plus California vacation. I'm not telling the kiddo about it until we get there on the Friday morning. She's gonna be stoked.

Thanks for all the excellent advice, everyone. I took it all into account as I plotted and schemed.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Just thought I'd follow up - The Disneyland trip was a blast. Not only did my daughter get surprised with actually going to Disneyland, but I'd also pre-arranged to have my father and stepmother meet us there two hours after we'd already hit the park.

Here's a video I took of the kiddo finding out....

She'd slept for the last 30 minutes of the drive, so she missed all the signs on the way in, even though our hotel was right across the street from the park entrance. Total shock.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

was waiting to see how it went, so cool!

Awesome. I can't wait to surprise Izzy. Those moments of sheer glee on your child's face are extraordinary.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

is it true that star tours comes back 6/3/11? i will be in LA 6/23-6/26ish. i reaaaaaaaaally can't afford it, but i may need to make a stop anyway. fuck. will captain eo still be playing?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Do you have Mike on your Facebook? I think he posted about it.

edit: here's a link to a contest for Star Tours

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo..._SocMedBFB0027
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

ah, i wouldn't be able to go if i won the contest, but thanks

there will also probably actually be a line for star tours for awhile now.

I am seriously contemplating planning a Memorial Day weekend Disneyland trip. It's going to be insanely crowded, but I really want to go! (3 day weekend!)

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    is it true that star tours comes back 6/3/11? i will be in LA 6/23-6/26ish. i reaaaaaaaaally can't afford it, but i may need to make a stop anyway. fuck. will captain eo still be playing?
    go on craigslist, you can usually find unused park hopper tickets for well below face value.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I am seriously contemplating planning a Memorial Day weekend Disneyland trip. It's going to be insanely crowded, but I really want to go! (3 day weekend!)
    Maybe you could make it out to Lightening in a Bottle that weekend also. You and your family would definitley enjoy it.

Heading to California Adventure on Saturday to use the return leg of our So Cal 2-day pass.

Anything to keep in mind as of late?
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Heading to California Adventure on Saturday to use the return leg of our So Cal 2-day pass.

Anything to keep in mind as of late?
    Crap-load of construction right now; the new entrance gates, Little Mermaid, Goofy's Sky School and that chunk of new restaurants for Paradise Pier are all on overdrive mode to get done by the end of the month. On top of that, working on the new Carsland and Buena Vista Street areas. So, expect a maze of construction flats up, but all the rides and shows should be open as usual.

I'm taking the family to Disneyland Sunday. I guess we're going too early to see Little Mermaid and Star Tours, but my kids are really excited to see the usual stuff. We haven't gone as a family for a few years.

Assuming you have a park-hopper and you'll be going to both CA Adventure & Disneyland?

Definitely check for soft openings for Star Tours, Mermaid and Goofy Sky School. i went on Star Tours 2 Friday from that contest you saw me post about. we only got to ride once as a part of that, but later in the day they opened it. They did the same on Saturday. Today they soft opened Goofy Sky School for a bit.

One way to know when you aren't around one of the rides is to have a Disneyland Wait Times app on your phone (if you have the kind of phone that has apps). If the ride is doing a soft open, the app will have a time next to it instead of a "CL" (closed).

If you have an annual pass, there will be a Little Mermaid preview on May 31st and June 1st. All you need is your AP.

Star Tours 2 by the way is ridiculously awesome. The 2 times i went on had the same beginning, different middles and ends. The 3D is sweet. i am dying to go on it again and again.

I'm trying to dredge up passes on craigslist. I know at least two of our passes will be for both parks if my deal goes through tonight. I may just buy Disneyland tickets for the other two. Which park has Goofy Sky School?

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

CA Adventure
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Thx. I can't go to the Disneyland site at my work.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Amy, how was your trip? Was the park retarded packed?

So my gf and i had a long talk over AIM today and it looks like we're going to do Disneyland for a weekend over Columbus Day Weekend. I really like the idea of staying in a hotel and spreading the two parks over two days and getting blitzed in the new Trader Sam's and just doing the whole 9 yards. Unfortunately I actually started laughing when i saw the prices at the actual Disney hotels. i've never stayed on site before, but paying $300-400/night for a fucking hotel room just seems so ridiculous when there are other hotels in walking distance!

I can do two nights + 2 2-day park-hopper passes for $555 out the door including parking/tax/etc at Hotel Menage, which is REALLY nice, and two blocks away. I'm kind of giddy with excitement about this actually, i NEED a Disneyland fix! Hopefully it will be enough time to alleviate the initial Star Tours/Little Mermaid crowds, and a good deal more of the CA Adventure construction will be done by then
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

My trip was pretty awesome, Drinkey, thanks for asking! We actually made it on the Little Mermaid ride, which was just a Little Mermaid version of Peter Pan or Mr Toad or any of the other carnival rides in Fantasyland over at Disneyland. The parks were surprisingly low-traffic in the mornings, and we tried to get there as early as possible and stayed away at mid-day when it got a little too crowded.

think we are going to hit up the d this sunday, gotta get some use out of these annual passes now that i am feeling better.

^"Yay!" to feeling better. i was thinking of doing a first morning visit on Saturday (gotta werk Sunday). Saturdays seem like one of the best days of the week to go during summer due to it being a blackout day for all annual passes except the Premiums.

This was going to be my strategy as i walk in when they open: straight to Star Tours and get a fast pass first (looks like they are running out early since the opening around 10am). Then go on Star Tours. If my fast pass has an early return time and i can get another after i get off Star Tours and get another fast pass for ST, Space or Splash (using Splash fps at the peak of heat are great).

i was sharing because i thought for a second you could use this, but i forgot you have special access to the lines. Hope you get on Star Tours plenty.

Jealous! One of my longtime bffs is going for his bday with his family. He's giving me a full report on the new Star Tours.
    Random list of shows I'll never remember to edit

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    ^"Yay!" to feeling better. i was thinking of doing a first morning visit on Saturday (gotta werk Sunday). Saturdays seem like one of the best days of the week to go during summer due to it being a blackout day for all annual passes except the Premiums.

This was going to be my strategy as i walk in when they open: straight to Star Tours and get a fast pass first (looks like they are running out early since the opening around 10am). Then go on Star Tours. If my fast pass has an early return time and i can get another after i get off Star Tours and get another fast pass for ST, Space or Splash (using Splash fps at the peak of heat are great).

i was sharing because i thought for a second you could use this, but i forgot you have special access to the lines. Hope you get on Star Tours plenty.
    yeah, we plan on being there at opening. will check out the line for star tours first, not sure if it has the back door handicap access. it will be ridden, though, no matter what.

just checked online and it says to contact a cast member at the entrance to the ride. hopefully there is a shortcut, maybe through the fastpass line?
    Last edited by JustSteve; 06-09-2011 at 08:47 AM.

from what i remember, the old star tours was one of the few rides that was handicap accessible all the way through. autopia was another one we couldn't get in through the back door.

Like Drinkey, we're thinking of doing a 2-night/2-park hopper trip in about a week. I think we'll go Sunday and Monday, or Monday and Tuesday. Though I don't know if weekdays make much of a difference in the middle of June.
    Last year, I stayed at the Hyatt (really liked it) with the nice rooms and the convenient shuttle (but also daily parking fee). This year, we're doing the cheap motel. I just can't decide -- is it better to drive and pay disney parking, or pay the motel parking and walk or take a shuttle for a fee?
    If anyone has any tried-and-true nearby cheap motels, would you please let me know?

I'm so excited!

Drinkey & matildawong - they are having a 25% off special for Southern CA residents for Disney hotels here

they had 40% off last year in the fall, I'm hoping they do that again - I can't justify paying the full price. you do get Magic Morning early entrance which is awesome.

Thanks, sames!

I'm probably going to do a non-Disney property. (They do have ''good neighbor" hotels that are affiliated, too.) There are some discounts on hotels.com and expedia, if anyone else is looking at off-property places.