Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1433

Thread: Coachella Board Members invade Disneyland

Default Re: Coachella Board Members invade Disneyland

(not my photo - posting honor of the board colors)

I'll post more in a few. I caught these guys in the TRON: Legacy 3D preview at ElecTRONica opening night.
    Last edited by vogina; 10-10-2010 at 01:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

how was elecTRONica?

i just booked a blue bayou reservation. i can't wait!!!
    Last edited by chairmenmeow47; 10-12-2010 at 01:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I'll be there in 2 days, 1st time staying overnight/visiting California Adventure. Has anyone been to the Halloween Party?

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    how was elecTRONica?

i just booked a winery world of colour reservation and a blue bayou reservation. i can't wait!!!
    Yes!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    It is Joycian (if James Joyce were a Super Bitch).

how was elecTRONica?

i just booked a winery world of colour reservation and a blue bayou reservation. i can't wait!!!
    i would love to jump in on that Blue Bayou reservation.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    i would love to jump in on that Blue Bayou reservation.
    you are included in the reservation if you would like to come

blue bayou, saturday the 11th.

also, i am still interested in those things we were talking about
    Last edited by chairmenmeow47; 10-12-2010 at 01:36 PM.

i can pass on the WOC. If you want to pass as well, i can play your concierge and take care of getting the fast passes whilst you go riding early in the am on Saturday. i like the show from close up and the reviews for the section for reserved meals is good. Reviews for the meals on the other hand are mixed. Can't say i have seen too much "Worth the $40"

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    i can pass on the WOC. If you want to pass as well, i can play your concierge and take care of getting the fast passes whilst you go riding early in the am on Saturday. i like the show from close up and the reviews for the section for reserved meals is good. Reviews for the meals on the other hand are mixed. Can't say i have seen too much "Worth the $40"
    so are you saying the "preferred" seating in the winery isn't really a good spot? is it better to get a fastpass for the world of colour thing and then you get a closer spot? i just wanted to be sure we had a decent view. i have a reminder set-up for 30 days out to reserve a picnic section too if the winery sounds too expensive. do you know what the view is like there? just curious as to what the best view is. there's probably no point in spending $40 on a "special" dinner and sitting around for hours if the view isn't that great. thanks for your input

As far as I can tell, all the dinner packages do is entitle you to a ticket in a reserved viewing area at WOC itself. You don't eat your meal and enjoy the show, as the restaurants are nowhere near WOC (with the exception of Ariel's Grotto which is on the water, but I believe shuts down before showtime, too). We just ran in at the park's opening and got a fastpass, which put us one level up from water level. The restaurant tickets seem to put you two levels higher up than that. Unless the food is wildly terrific, I don't think it's worth it to pay 40 a pop and then get a decent but not spectacular view. It's better at water level, but you get wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

Also, while we enjoyed WOC, I can't say it was that amazing. Okay, I'm jaded, and I have to admit that I couldn't help thinking all through the show how much better it all would be if it wasn't set to Disney music, haha. Seriously, I enjoyed the brief classical bits from the two Fantasia movies considerably more. Disney songs are intolerable.

And the best part of all is when the show is over and they just light the fountains up in all these different colors. Very, very cool. If you've seen any photos, that's when all the best pictures are taken. That lasts about five or ten minutes. So, we've seen it once and that's fine, but I would never spend the time waiting for a fastpass plus 1 1/2 - 2 hours spent in the viewing area waiting for the show to start ever again.

This was only time we've ever been to CA, and I think you shouldn't be charged separate admission; it should just be another land in DL. If they must charge admission, at least halve the price. There's not enough to do in there.

thanks for that insight, HTD. i like eating at the winery, but i don't know how i feel about a special menu and all that. plus, i don't normally spend $40 unless i'm getting wine. so maybe it would be better to just cancel and get fastpasses for the show. how does that work, btw? if i get a fastpass for the show, can i not get other fastpasses for the rides? i've used fastpasses, but i thought if you had one fastpass, you can't get another.

Quote Originally Posted by HowToDisappear View Post
    Also, while we enjoyed WOC, I can't say it was that amazing. Okay, I'm jaded, and I have to admit that I couldn't help thinking all through the show how much better it all would be if it wasn't set to Disney music, haha. Seriously, I enjoyed the brief classical bits from the two Fantasia movies considerably more. Disney songs are intolerable.

And the best part of all is when the show is over and they just light the fountains up in all these different colors. Very, very cool. If you've seen any photos, that's when all the best pictures are taken. That lasts about five or ten minutes. So, we've seen it once and that's fine, but I would never spend the time waiting for a fastpass plus 1 1/2 - 2 hours spent in the viewing area waiting for the show to start ever again.

This was only time we've ever been to CA, and I think you shouldn't be charged separate admission; it should just be another land in DL. If they must charge admission, at least halve the price. There's not enough to do in there.
    That sounds really cool!

also, what disney music are we talking about? if it's from the little mermaid, i will be overjoyed.

I think there are weird ways around the one fastpass only rule. Some of the machines are networked; some are stand alone. Only the networked machines know how many fastpasses you have. How you determine which is which in advance, I have no idea. There probably are Disney fan sites devoted to this.

also, what disney music are we talking about? if it's from the little mermaid, i will be overjoyed.
    Oh, you will be overjoyed then. Little Mermaid is definitely represented.

SWEET! under the seaaaaaaaaa!

My excitement, I cannot contain it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    It is Joycian (if James Joyce were a Super Bitch).

winery, canceled.
    bayou, moved to saturday at 6:40pm.

I'm still planning to show up for this trip in some capacity...need to straighten out my vacation days, as they aren't showing up yet.

so are you saying the "preferred" seating in the winery isn't really a good spot? is it better to get a fastpass for the world of colour thing and then you get a closer spot? i just wanted to be sure we had a decent view. i have a reminder set-up for 30 days out to reserve a picnic section too if the winery sounds too expensive. do you know what the view is like there? just curious as to what the best view is. there's probably no point in spending $40 on a "special" dinner and sitting around for hours if the view isn't that great. thanks for your input
    i've been in the blue, orange and yellow sections. Blue was the best with a wet or dry viewing section. i went for the wet so i could have the water tower over me and avoided getting wet by looking at the ground (it was the second showing) to see where the water actually went. i have yet to see it from the section for diners, but have read positive things. i'll seek some reviews out.

thanks for that insight, HTD. i like eating at the winery, but i don't know how i feel about a special menu and all that. plus, i don't normally spend $40 unless i'm getting wine. so maybe it would be better to just cancel and get fastpasses for the show. how does that work, btw? if i get a fastpass for the show, can i not get other fastpasses for the rides? i've used fastpasses, but i thought if you had one fastpass, you can't get another.
    Fastpass for WOC doesn't affect the ability to get fp for rides. The way it works is once the park opens, tons of people line up to get to fp distribution at Grizzly Rapids. They dole them out by time of show and decency of sections (blue, yellow, red, orange). This last throughout the day and the last show's tickets have been distributed by around 4PM. Once a fp for WOC is secured, good idea to walk over and get a fp for Soarin' to be used later. So i can do the solid of waiting for the fps of everyone that is there early enough in the am on that Saturday for a mini meet.

winery, canceled.
    bayou, moved to saturday at 6:40pm.
    Excellent.

awesome, good to know. do they do the show on sundays?

I'll be there the 3rd...hope it's not too crowded on a Wednesday. Last time I was there was summer 08, so it's been a while. I never do the fastpass stuff, but the best method I found of acquiring some (if you really need/want em) is to make friends in line! We were in line for the Finding Nemo ride and we just started talking with the family in front of us (it helped their daughter (my age) was cute), and they told us how they were woken up early outside their hotel cuz of protests, so the people at the hotel gave em fastpasses to make up for it, so they invited us along to use em for Space Mountain. That's my cool story.

Best method is going with me...handicap pass all the way. Enter through the exits or just walk right up the fastpass lines. It is heaven.

Renewed our passes and went last Sunday. Dragged my 4 year old onto splash mountain. She was freaking out and crying while walking up the line saying she didn't want to go because she was scared. I told her to trust me and thanks to no waiting since I get my handicap pass we bypassed the line and were on the ride in a couple minutes. The look on her face after the big drop was priceless. We walked off afterwards and she had the biggest perma-smile on her face! Totally reminded me of my look after skydivng for the first time. Absolutely loved it...like I knew she would. It was her first roller coaster type ride. After that she pointed to the Matterhorn, but while in line it closed due to some technical issue. Next time!
    Last edited by JustSteve; 10-21-2010 at 09:22 PM.

I think this is already in this thread somewhere, but Steve's post reminded me of it.

We are considering the Dec. 11-12 weekend. I want to take Izzy to see the park decorated for the holidays, so why not make it a day when I can see all your beautiful faces again. Sparks and Ivankay, would you go both days with the chairmen or just one? We'll plan for the day that most of my Coachella brethren are together.

priceless. my daughter was just sitting there in the pic stone faced. i was also asked by my wife to cover her up with my sweatshirt to keep her dry since it was a cold, cloudy day(my favorite kind at dland). pic tuned out meh.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Sparks and Ivankay, would you go both days with the chairmen or just one? We'll plan for the day that most of my Coachella brethren are together.
    i intend on doing the 11th of the journey for sure. i have presented getting there right when it opens (8AM) and helping in the early acquisition of fast passes. All who meet at the earliest hour give me their passes and i go secure what fps i can while y'all enjoy a kinda empty park. When DCA opens, i'll be there getting the World of Color fps. Hopefully blue section for the first show. Once i do that stuff, i can meet back up, dole out the passes and enjoy the day with fine people.

The 12th? i could stop in for a bit.