Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1433

Thread: Coachella Board Members invade Disneyland

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Default Re: Coachella Board Members invade Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    You are insanely lucky nobody caught you doing that on a security cam.
    seriously, i knew people who got kicked out of grad night for similar shenanigans. and especially on pirates, cameras everywhere. the second anyone ever tries to touch the scenery someone's always on the mic.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

You are insanely lucky nobody caught you doing that on a security cam.
    Yep. We smoked a bowl on the old people mover when it was the Tron ride in the late 90s. As soon as we pulled up to the station the group of kids ahead of us (same age) immediately got taken by security. We lucked out, but today I feel bad that we might have ruined someone else's Disneyland experience.

Disney security is serious. When it comes to the need to get high, you have to be a low profile and quick as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Disney security is serious. When it comes to the need to get high, you have to be a low profile and quick as possible.
    We just make brownies ahead of time. it is easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    We just make brownies ahead of time. it is easier.
    This follows the low profile part and you can take your time. And if you have places to smoke, keep it to yourselves. No need to alert the public to your secrets.

Since the Peoplemover was mentioned in this discussion:

this was sent by an old person, so it could have gone in that thread also...

Donald Duck and Daisy Duck were spending the night together in a hotel room and Donald
    wanted to have sex with Daisy.

The first thing Daisy asked was, "Do you have a condom?"

Donald frowned and said, "No."

Daisy told Donald that if he didn't get a condom,
    they could not have sex.

"Maybe they sell them at the front desk," she suggested.
    So Donald went down to the lobby and asked the hotel clerk if they had condoms.

"Yes, we do," the clerk said and pulled a box out
    from under the counter and gave it to Donald.

The clerk asked, "Would you like me to put them on your bill?"

"Thit No!" Donald quacked, "I'll thuffocate!"

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Years ago, like 12 years ago, when the huge multi-level parking structure was first built, my buddy and I went to Disneyland with the intention of smoking some huge bowls out of a bong in the parking lot. We were surprised by the giant structure. We were astounded by the amount of security cameras, security guard walking around, and and security cars driving around. it was so sketchy after 15 minutes that we decided we couldn't do it there. So we drove back out of the parking lot and instead smoked out in the bathroom at the gas station across the street. luckily the parking lot allowed in and out privileges so we didn't have to pay to park again.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

If you are taking request, ivankay, America Sings and The MF Tiki Room!

I never got to see America Sings and it break my heart because I love animatronic shows so much. Or, I have no recollection of it as I was 6 when it closed. I do remember Star Tours making me cry when it opened in 1987 though. My parents were so freaking excited for me because we all loved Star Wars so much, but that ride traumatized the shit out of my 5 year old self. It must have replaced all other Disneyland memories in my mind for that time period.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Quote Originally Posted by Timestretch View Post
    If you are taking request, ivankay, America Sings and The MF Tiki Room!
    If you go to the original post in this thread, the Tiki Room was a major inspiration for it's existence. This is a video from around that time:

Full version

No pics of America Sings, but i have a story. Later on that. Got get out of werk.

Anyone from here going on Sunday for Dapper Day? I am not currently a passholder, so I am using their convention link to get the $52/after 4 PM ticket. And, dressing up, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    So now that the Fastpass trick is over, what other suggestions can you give for line avoidance (aside from the obvious, "Go during non-peak times")?
    Years ago, before I knew that there was flexibility on the Fast Passes, I would save them if I didn't use them during the specified times. Then the next time I came to the park, I would just use them during the time printed, because I noticed that the cast members were only looking at the time on the pass, and not the date, as they were usually trying to move everyone along quickly. Since I go less frequently now, I still collect as many FPs as I can, and save them if I don't use them for next time. Also, just do a little reconnaissance to see how intently the cast members are studying the passes as people hand them off before you go through.
    2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012.1, 2013.1, 2014.1

whats Dapper Day? I feel I should contribute more to this thread now that Im a passholder again.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Dapper Day is a time twice a year to put on your nicer duds and walk around the park like they did back in the day. This is their facebook page for the group. They aren't "official" days (ala goth and raver days), but Disney seems to really like it.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerRyot View Post
    Anyone from here going on Sunday for Dapper Day? I am not currently a passholder, so I am using their convention link to get the $52/after 4 PM ticket. And, dressing up, of course.

Years ago, before I knew that there was flexibility on the Fast Passes, I would save them if I didn't use them during the specified times. Then the next time I came to the park, I would just use them during the time printed, because I noticed that the cast members were only looking at the time on the pass, and not the date, as they were usually trying to move everyone along quickly. Since I go less frequently now, I still collect as many FPs as I can, and save them if I don't use them for next time. Also, just do a little reconnaissance to see how intently the cast members are studying the passes as people hand them off before you go through.
    I flipped a wrong time/ wrong date fast pass on a guy at Indiana Jones, and he let me on. If they're very crowded, you probably have more of a chance of getting through.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Dapper Day is a time twice a year to put on your nicer duds and walk around the park like they did back in the day. This is their facebook page for the group. They aren't "official" days (ala goth and raver days), but Disney seems to really like it.
    That sounds awesome! I just need some fancy threads...... regardless, we need to meet up for an outing in the park. I always see your photos on fbook and most of the time we're there the same day.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

^Whaaaaa? i hope we run into each other. i usually go pretty spontaneously due to living so close. This thread started as a meet up for board members in the park. Another attempt should be made before the year is out.

I promised Izzy we would be visiting Disneyland before the end of 2013, so we are in whenever the board manages to make a plan.

so this articles been out for almost 2 months... wondering if anyones heard anything else about Disney possibly opening a third gate here in California, which could include a Star Wars Land.

http://news.moviefone.com/2013/03/21...n_2925233.html

Right now they’re looking at placing the new “Star Wars” land next door, at the California Adventure theme park, or possibly saving it for the property’s third gate, which will open sometime in the next decade (seriously).

My passes expired. Big sad.
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

So, my girlfriend's AP expires on May 24th, which happens to be this big 24 hour day. So we're going to go. yolo. god have mercy on our souls.

So I was actually thinking that showing up really late at night for the 24-hour event might be an easy way to get on rides with no lines.

Um, no.

http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/...,1232561.story

One caveat: Go early if you really want to party all day and night. Last year, Disneyland was forced to close for several hours during its 24-hour Leap Day celebration on Feb. 29. After-work crowds turned up for the event but the park was already filled to capacity.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

It was kind of a mad house last year. i'm not sure about people being let in during the wee hours of the morning. The crowds inside the park did diminish around 3-6AM and i would think people could get in after in mellowed, but i do not know for sure.

From a couple weeks ago, the last time going for free with my friend, who has just left Disney for greener pastures.
    last.fm

Prices just went up, again.

Day passes are now $92.

The Deluxe Annual Passport is now $499.

The Premium Annual Passport is now $669.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,4374914.story

Ugh.

i hate being a reason they can confidently raise their prices. WHY AM i A SUCKER?!?!?!

I let my pass expire for the first time in 3 years bc of the increase. I already miss mickey.

92 for a day pass? I haven't been to Disneyland in over 10 years, doesn't look like I will be going anytime soon now either.
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    92 for a day pass? I haven't been to Disneyland in over 10 years, doesn't look like I will be going anytime soon now either.
    And now it's even more packed than before. It's not worth it anymore, IMO. I went last July and probably rode a total of 4 rides before deciding to get the fuck out of there.

You definitely want to avoid during the summer months at all costs if possible. February/March, late April, and September/October are the best months to go, especially if you can take some time off and go on a weekday
    last.fm