Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1410

Thread: Coachella Board Members invade Disneyland

Default Re: Coachella Board Members invade Disneyland

No, what are anniversary pins?

I believe it's next to the fountain. Can't really remember though I was drunk/high lol.

Check it out here: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...le-restaurant/

They are just like the little pins that they give you on your birthday or your first time visiting. They usually asking when you go for dinner at the nicer places if you are there for a special occasion or just for fun. If it is for something special they give you a pin to wear. My fiance collect the anniversary. ones (nerdy) bc we have been going the last 4 years on our date
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

That IS the restaurant I heard about. What was your impression? better or worse that the BB?
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Well for me it was better than the BB because of their beer selection. My fiancee also ordered wine and loved it. And we both enjoyed our meals.

But I ordered the Cajun Seared Salmon stuffed with some Goat Cheese at BB and it was ridiculously good.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Well for me it was better than the BB because of their beer selection. My fiancee also ordered wine and loved it. And we both enjoyed our meals.

But I ordered the Cajun Seared Salmon stuffed with some Goat Cheese at BB and it was ridiculously good.
    That's what I got! OMG it is YUMMMMMMMMYYYYYY

Carthay Circle Theatre, yup. Also, we get those buttons at City Hall in Disneyland, or sometimes vendors or cast members have certain ones. We have ones from when we got engaged/married/had first year anniversary. I popped the question during World of Color, the weekend it opened. The theme song from Up is forever linked to that, which is cool.
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

Quote Originally Posted by nahuatldream View Post
    Carthay Circle Theatre, yup. Also, we get those buttons at City Hall in Disneyland, or sometimes vendors or cast members have certain ones. We have ones from when we got engaged/married/had first year anniversary. I popped the question during World of Color, the weekend it opened. The theme song from Up is forever linked to that, which is cool.
    the engagement story!

Found Universal Studios Hollywood a bit underwhelming, but I guess Disney is not offering admission and free 2013 for $80. Waterworld, House of Horrors, King Kong, Mummy, and Jurrasic weren’t bad though. Inside scoop from their Pub bartender: getting rid of the Terminator show. Female bartenders on a slow night are so gossipy. They may lay off a bunch of staff soon, including ones who have worked there over fifteen years.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    Found Universal Studios Hollywood a bit underwhelming, but I guess Disney is not offering admission and free 2013 for $80. Waterworld, House of Horrors, King Kong, Mummy, and Jurrasic weren’t bad though. Inside scoop from their Pub bartender: getting rid of the Terminator show. Female bartenders on a slow night are so gossipy. They may lay off a bunch of staff soon, including ones who have worked there over fifteen years.
    Terminator only has a few weeks left. It'll be a Despicable Me ride soon.

Good to know, we're planning on hitting up Universal studios this year and get that annual pass thing for next year. They're getting a harry potter land, like Orlando has. I haven't been to Universal since...Jurassic Park has just opened.
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

I have never been to universal.

ET/Conan show were the last things I saw there over a decade ago....I live about 10 minutes away too. I guess I just prefer six flags over Universal, I wish Disneyland wasn't so rapey on a season pass.

Universal Halloween Nights is great. All of the rides are open in addition to a bunch of really good haunted mazes. Lines moved quick. The tram ride lets you explore some of the sets on foot. And there's hundreds of actors in costume chasing you down the streets. It's relentless. We entered the park at the opening and the streets were filled with actors laying on the ground playing dead. We literally had to step over them to get to the first maze. Then once we got into the middle of the park they all got up and started attacking people with chainsaws and power tools. Awesome!

This was like Knott's scary farms.... I will NEVER go back. I hate haunted stuff and my friends told me I could ride the rides while they went in the mazes. They forgot to mention that people like to chase you and jump out at you!

Ha, yeah, I'm a scaredy cat. I do better with Disney Halloween. I haven't been to Six Flags since just after Goliath opened... Knott's? Can't even remember, I think I may have been in high school (over 10 years ago). I need to expand my horizons beyond Disney, haha.

I actually REALLY liked the rides there, they were a blast! I just couldn't go from ride to ride without freaking out. I have always hated clowns and they had a entire circus themed scary place... I didn't do well there.

Quote Originally Posted by Timestretch View Post
    Universal Halloween Nights is great. All of the rides are open in addition to a bunch of really good haunted mazes. Lines moved quick. The tram ride lets you explore some of the sets on foot. And there's hundreds of actors in costume chasing you down the streets. It's relentless. We entered the park at the opening and the streets were filled with actors laying on the ground playing dead. We literally had to step over them to get to the first maze. Then once we got into the middle of the park they all got up and started attacking people with chainsaws and power tools. Awesome!
    My friends and I bought a front of the line pass for that this year, because last year was a clusterfuck.

We waited in line for at least 2 hours for every maze/ride, and ended up leaving and going to Saddle Ranch and drinking because we were so pissed that we had to wait in such long lines. The front of the line pass was definitely worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    My friends and I bought a front of the line pass for that this year, because last year was a clusterfuck.

We waited in line for at least 2 hours for every maze/ride, and ended up leaving and going to Saddle Ranch and drinking because we were so pissed that we had to wait in such long lines. The front of the line pass was definitely worth it.
    I hate these programs for limited events.

Oh we oversold, you don't wanna wait, give us $40 more and you can get in a line that goes slightly faster and has cuts. Pay us that money fucker.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nahuatldream View Post
    Good to know, we're planning on hitting up Universal studios this year and get that annual pass thing for next year. They're getting a harry potter land, like Orlando has. I haven't been to Universal since...Jurassic Park has just opened.
    FYI I wouldn't expect harry Potter for like another 5 years. They are in the very early stages of planning for it.

I had a 5-day pass and went 4 times this last year and it's a pretty fun park, but very small. the transformers ride is incredible. The best part of the park is you can drink beer everywhere, even on the tram for the studio tour. They even set up beer stands in the lines during the summer where there are long lines. it's awesome.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Even if it Daft Punk were to come out who cares. Not like they're Bono or anything

From what I've heard about Orlando's parks: Universal Studios there makes Universal Hollywood look like Boomers (Mini Golf/Arcade Chain)

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    FYI I wouldn't expect harry Potter for like another 5 years. They are in the very early stages of planning for it.

I had a 5-day pass and went 4 times this last year and it's a pretty fun park, but very small. the transformers ride is incredible. The best part of the park is you can drink beer everywhere, even on the tram for the studio tour. They even set up beer stands in the lines during the summer where there are long lines. it's awesome.
    Hah, I know about HP; I was just saying. And agreed, I would really like to get out to Universal Studios Florida. Anyway, it's been long enough since I last went to Universal Studios Hollywood, that most of what they have will be new to me. The new 3D King Kong deal, for example. I haven't even ridden the Simpsons ride. And now, a moment of silence for ET, my favorite ride as a kid. (I just read, it's still operational at Florida...must go to Florida soon)

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

oh yeah, the king Kong thing is incredible! And Simpsons is fun too. I really want to do Orlando though, my girilfriend and I def going to do a full-on Disney/Universal trip sometime in the next couple years 6 straight days of theme parks will probably keep us away from any for a while after though hahaha
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Even if it Daft Punk were to come out who cares. Not like they're Bono or anything

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

people liked ET?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    people liked ET?
    I did as a kid. It's all about nostalgia as I don't remember it well. I just remember ET butchering my name at the end. But then, everyone does the first dozen times, so ET is just like the rest of us.

Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

Oh wow. I say good for them!

just visited a couple of days ago. second year with the season pass.

try a dole whip at the tiki room juice bar. takes about a 20 minute wait usually but its one of the best items served at the park in my opinion.
    2013 Wishlist
    OUTKAST, Black Hippy, Ryan Hemsworth, Pleasurekraft, Shlohmo, TNGHT, Action Bronson, Flylo/Captain Murphy, Jamie xx, DJ Funeral, Lone, Cashmere Cat, De La Soul, Chief Keef, Flosstradamus,

i worked on some Disneyland pictures recently. These are from the day after i got back from the Coachella cruise:

Speaking of the Tiki Room...

This is one of those high degree of difficulty shots. Fortunately the boat paused just enough; but not enough for him to pass that pipe.

Fucking dog is all the way over there...

You just HAD to look!!

Didn't you?!?!

Tourists...

Other shots from other days:

i never imagined i would see the Backstreet Boys; but they were performing for the Disney Christmas Special one hot November day. i might have lost some cool points by being there (assuming i have any).

i have a lot of back load on drives from the parks. This was a fun one to find and edit.

Damn shooting gallery took my quarter.

This is why you don't look over a wall while they are building it.

If you feel like looking at more, i put these in my Disneyland and Related Stuff 2012 set.

Gonna try to catch the Golden Horseshoe Review tomorrow.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

nice pictures!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.