Thread: Check your January lotto ticket

Talking Check your January lotto ticket

Lotto winner has two weeks to claim prize

Desert Sun Wire Service July 14, 2008

Time is running out for the person or group who purchased a MEGA Millions lottery ticket in Corona in January that's worth $174,574, California Lottery officials said today.

The ticket purchased at a 7-Eleven store at 702 W. Sixth St. contained five of the six winning numbers in the 12-state MEGA Millions drawing of Jan. 29. Those numbers were 23, 8, 42, 39 and 40.

The claim period expires two weeks from today, on July 28. The prize, if unclaimed by then, will be rolled into a state education fund for the benefit of California schools, Lottery officials said.

No tickets had all five winning numbers plus the MEGA number, 24, in the Jan. 29 drawing.

A Dana Point man bought the only other ticket with five winning numbers and claimed his $174,574 cash prize the day after the drawing, Lottery officials said.

According to Lottery officials, less than 2 percent of prizes are never claimed. But even the unclaimed money adds up. For fiscal year 2006-2007, more than $29 million in winnings went unclaimed.

After 180 days, the claim period for prizes ends, and the Lottery distributes the money to public schools.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Default Re: Check your January lotto ticket

OMG I WON.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

My next door neighbor won the Powerball once, it was the biggest ever at the time. Haven't spoken to them since.

TRUE STORY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

if I won the powerball, I would probably move and change my name (and phone number) immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

They had over 300 phone messages within 4 hours, people were driving by and taking rocks from their gravel yard for good luck.
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    if I won the powerball, I would probably move and change my name (and phone number) immediately.
    You better cough up a million of those winnings to pay Radiohead to play Celebrity or Gammage, private show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    You better cough up a million of those winnings to pay Radiohead to play Celebrity or Gammage, private show.
    I don't know if I could get Radiohead to do that. I still think it's my fault somehow that they haven't been back to AZ.

(but I'd sure as hell try to do that!)

They had over 300 phone messages within 4 hours, people were driving by and taking rocks from their gravel yard for good luck.
    Also, you need to get your ducks in a row before you take your ticket to the lottery office -- I think you have up to a year in some cases to collect, so in the meantime you can change your number to a non-published number and perhaps move somewhere else or whatever.

Thanks for the tip, I'll definately keep that in mind once I win

Notice 3 of the 5 numbers are also the Lost numbers...hmm...

My next door neighbor won the Powerball once, it was the biggest ever at the time. Haven't spoken to them since.

TRUE STORY.
    Did you hear where they ended up going?

Winning the lottery fucks a lot of people up...but I am confident I could handle it just fine

Yeah, it fucked them up pretty good. They bought houses in Utah, Cali and back East somewhere. The house (next door) was given to their daughter. Well the daughter and the husband became tweekers and the he ends up shooting himself one night while cleaning his gun, supposedly. He ends up having a dozen surgeries on his brain costing thousands and thousands of dollars. Of course with all that money the didn't have health insurance. The house was then given to her sister (the other daughter) who got arrested for some sort of embezzlement from the parents, stealing there winnings. Last I heard from my dad they had to sell all three of those houses and currently reside somewhere in Sun City. My dad ran into them out front of his house about a year ago and said they acted like they never won the money in the first place and avoided any question he had about it.

Sorry for the lengthy response but it is crazy...

Sounds like they spent all their winnings on drama.
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

That sounds awful.

That is a common type story....

I SWEAR God, that would not be me .....

WTF kind of answering machine do they have that it holds 300+ messages?

I would settle for 100,000 just for shits and grins, I wouldn't want the mega lotto, every loser from my past would come out of the woodwork and claim undying love. ICK

Deadline for unknown lotto winner looming

Desert Sun Wire Services • July 27, 2008

State lottery officials say whomever is holding a ticket worth $174,575 has until the close of business Monday to claim it, or it will be automatically donated to the state's school systems.

The Mega Millions ticket was purchased Jan. 29 at the 7/11 store at Grand Boulevard at Sixth Street in Corona, an outlet near the 91 Freeway.

The winner may have been a resident of a distant suburb who just popped into the 7/11 for a quick snack or gas and forgot about the ticket, officials said.

The ticket bears the five winning numbers: 8, 23, 39, 40 and 42, but lacks the winning Mega number, 24.

Khalid Mamood, a clerk at the Corona 7/11, told one local newspaper that people often come into the store and claim they hold winning tickets, but lost them.

``A man came in this week, and said he had the winning ticket in his car, but he opened the window as he was driving on the freeway, and it blew out the window,'' Mammood told the paper.

Whomever made this $174,575 blunder is not alone: Californians annually donate as much as $50 million a year to the state's school via unclaimed, lost or forgotten lottery tickets, the paper reported.

Cali, Utah and back East. please.

I'd move to South East Asia and live like a king in paradise. I'd want a giant tree house over looking the beach on a tiny island in Indonesia, not a fucking house in Utah.
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.