Page 296 of 298 FirstFirst ... 291292293294295296297298 LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,880 of 8925

Thread: The Official Soccer, Football, Futbol, and Footie Thread

Default Re: The Official Soccer, Football, Futbol, and Footie Thread

^ Nobody doubts his talents, geo-god - it's his attitude that's consistently been the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    ^ Nobody doubts his talents, geo-god - it's his attitude that's consistently been the problem.
    I never said anything!
    Lucidity, come back to me. Put all five senses back to where they're meant to be.

Hahaha covering your tracks by letting a gif speak for you
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    Hahaha covering your tracks by letting a gif speak for you
    haha!
    Lucidity, come back to me. Put all five senses back to where they're meant to be.

The guy is crazy talented. So is Suarez. Teams have to decide if those players are worth the distractions, or not. I don't think Mario is, but if he DOES behave, a smart move for the Reds. Some good depth now at striker.

How about those Malky Mackay texts btw? And that pathetic response from the LMA this afternoon saying it was just "banter" and him "blowing off steam" via text? Give me a fucking break! I guess this is what happens when you try and fuck over Vincent Tan!

Only difference is, Suarez was a very hard worker, while Mario kinda sits up front waiting for something to happen and the ball comes to his feet.

Vincent Tan is my favourite Bond villain of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

The Krafts paid a King's Ransom to get him.

World Cup hero Jermaine Jones joins N.E. Revolution

JOURNAL WIRE REPORTS

Jermaine Jones, one of the U.S. National Teamís stand-out performers at the 2014 FIFA World Cup this summer, has joined the New England Revolution via a blind draw conducted by Major League Soccer.

He will be added to the Revsí roster upon receipt of his International Transfer Certificate and will be one of the teamís designated players. Jones, 32, comes to play in the U.S. after a 14-year career in Europe.

Born in Germany and raised in Chicago, Mississippi and Germany, Jones played most of his professional career in Germany with Eintracht Frankfurt, Bayer Leverkusen and FC Schalke 04, in addition to stints with Englandís Blackburn Rovers and, most recently, Turkeyís Besiktas.

Hahaha, wow, United lost 0-4 to MK Dons today in the Capital One Cup 3rd round

Attached Images Attached Images

Once the first of his £200,000/week paychecks rolls in...

the number of yellow cards being given in this ARS vs BES game is mental

The ref was overly-fussy and terribly inconsistent - an awful combination. Thank god we managed to get the win in the end, as while the team played a bit better today we're still not creating enough and taking our chances when they come (how we screwed up that 3-2 just before Debuchy's 2nd yellow I'll never know).

Also, who would have thought this...

...would rule Giroud out until the New Year! Wenger seems content with our options (Sanogo, Theo, Campbell, Podolski), as he confirmed Alexis was bought as a striker, but I just feel we're one short in that position still as I don't think Sanogo is ready to play for any extended period of time.

Will be an interesting ~5 days in terms of transfers.

Yeah i saw that during the game. Very odd. Must of hit him very awkwardly or something.

I really can't tell if it was happened when he planted his foot, or if Distan's clearance caught a stud and his ankle twisted because it wasn't locked. So fluky.

Groups for this season's Champions League
    Group A: Atletico Madrid, Juventus, Olympiacos, Malmo FF.
    Group B: Real Madrid, FC Basel, Liverpool, Ludogorets Razgrad.
    Group C: SL Benfica, Zenit, Bayer Leverkusen, AS Monaco.
    Group D: Arsenal, Borussia Dortmund, Galatasaray, Anderlecht.
    Group E: Bayern Munich, Manchester City, CSKA Moscow, AS Roma.
    Group F: Barcelona, PSG, Ajax, APOEL.
    Group G: Chelsea, Schalke 04, Sporting CP, NK Maribor.
    Group H: FC Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk, Athletic Club, FC Bate Borisov.

Group E is so, so tough.

Group F will have some of the most exciting games of this stage.

Chelsea managed to get one of the easiest groups AGAIN.

We're playing Dortmund in the group for the 3rd time in 4 years, and I hope our away game to Galatasaray is early on so we avoid what happened to Juve last year.

I think Liverpool have a decent shot of getting out of their group, but Basel will be a tougher opponent than a lot give them credit for and have lots of CL experience. We saw with City that talented squads still need a few consistent seasons of CL experience before they can make any kind of impact.

Damn... How exciting. It's been a lil while for me. I think Liverpool's gonna be alright.

Liverpool looked sharp today.

tweet of the day
    Tom @FourFourTom
    Jennifer Lawrence can't play as a defensive midfielder or striker, so I'm not even remotely interested.
    and the transfer saga of Loic Remy ends with him signing for camp Mourinho.

sometimes i don't know whether i want to slap this guy's face or jump his bones.

Looks like yet another relegation battle:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport...iem-de-7724550

Amazing how this happens literally days after they decide to loan out Hatem Ben Arfa. Brilliant decisions abound Tyneside.

Oh that's an awful injury - relegation battle, though? It does let Ben Arfa leaving essentially for free look silly in hindsight. Is the Colback injury a bad one too?

That situation is why we were exceeding lucky that Giroud's injury happened when it did, as it allowed us to purchase Welbeck - who I think will mature into a fine player for us. I know his statistics are the best, but he's banged them in consistently when given an extended run at ST and I'm sure he'll get plenty of chances between and and the New Year. With that said, I'm incredulous as to why we didn't get some kind of defensive cover in; for 4 positions in a 50+ game season we have Per, Koscielny, Debuchy, Gibbs, Nacho, a very inexperienced Chambers, and a couple promising youth players, and with our injury record I can easily see us having to play with Flamini and a kid as CBs at some point. It's just so frustrating that even in what is considered by many Arsenal fans as one of our best windows in recent memory we are still just 1 or 2 players short from having a squad which can truly challenge for major titles this season.

As such, here's my predictions for the PL:

1. Chelsea - squad is so complete it's like a video game, and Mourinho's teams tend to perform much better in their 2nd seasons
    2. City - I have a feeling they are going to focus on making a push to win the CL this year
    3. Arsenal - the squad has improved from last season and we didn't lose anyone key, but this is really our limit
    4. Liverpool - they've used the Suarez money pretty well, but high number of midweek games will take their toll
    5. United - no European (or Leage Cup hahaha) games helps, and they've added some world class players, but cracking the Top 4 seems like it is still just out of their reach
    6. Spurs - Pochettino will be a good manager for them, and their 2013 summer signings can't possibly be as bad as they were again this season - can they?
    7. Everton - made some very good signings, but Barkley's injury and added Europa League games will hurt them like Liverpool; however, I could easily see them making a charge up the table in the last few months of the season

Relegation: West Brom, Burnley, and Villa

I can see them battling in the lower tier, yes. I do think they survive, though. I can see Pardew getting sacked prior to that, of course.

Issue the De Jong injury creates is the 4-2-3-1 formation was built ALL around him. He was to play the true # 10 role just behind the lone striker. The other flaw with that is the lone striker at the moment is an unproven premier league debutante. The 3 Goals last week were scored by a winger, and 2 defensemen. Still 0 from the strikers this season.

I think now, best formation is a 4-3-3. Would give more support to the striker, and have a strong compact midfield with Sissoko, Tiote, and Colback. The front three would be (IMO) Cabella, Riviere, and Aarons.

Either way, Pardew is far out of his element, and I will be shocked if he is still the Manager by December.

Ah, I didn't realize you were tying a different system this season and that he was such an integral piece of it. I've been impressed with Cabella so far, so hopefully he can keep it up throughout the season. And I thought I read a rumor that Pardew is already under a lot of pressure?

Yeah, he definitely is. After last season he insisted they needed more players, and he got them (I would argue, and I think most agree that they still needed another striker and a CB). If they continue their form, no doubt in my mind he is gone. He will have run out of excuses.

run of bad luck for Marco Reus, he suffered another injury this weekend to the same ankle that forced him to miss the 2014 World Cup. out for a month, won't be in BVB's first leg against Arsenal. Reus was linked with a transfer to seemingly every top-tier club this past transfer window, wonder how this latest injury affects his future transfer prospects.

edit: Danny Welbeck scored a brace for England tonight! exciting times ahead for Arsenal.
    Last edited by bleep; 09-08-2014 at 01:46 PM.

class.

Be thankful none of you are fellow Newcastle supporters. These are dark, dark days...

I need a very, very large beer.

Quote Originally Posted by downingthief View Post
    Be thankful none of you are fellow Newcastle supporters. These are dark, dark days...

I need a very, very large beer.
    I hear you bro. Cheers.