Page 263 of 296 FirstFirst ... 258259260261262263264265266267268 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,890 of 8878

Thread: The Official Soccer, Football, Futbol, and Footie Thread

Default Re: The Official Soccer, Football, Futbol, and Footie Thread

DeFoe to Toronto

have to give them credit...really making a push.

Also, WTF are the Spurs doing? Last thing they need is less striking options. They have to bring someone else in now.

But they have Roberto "The Penalty Machine" Soldado! In hindsight it's hard to see how he went for almost 10 million more than Negredo did.

Ha Ha, true. To be fair though, it can take a full season for some players to acclimated to the PL, for whatever reason. Soldado is crazy talented, just not clinical at all this season.

Quote Originally Posted by downingthief View Post
    Ha Ha, true. To be fair though, it can take a full season for some players to acclimated to the PL, for whatever reason. Soldado is crazy talented, just not clinical at all this season.
    Hopefully that's the case with Jozy...I know a lot of folks say it, but it's very true that his service is terrible on that team.

My boys were robbed of a Chiote wonder goal against City. Terrible, terrible call. One of the worst we may see all season.

Yeah, that was a bad one; it seems the luck in terms of refereeing decisions has moved to the other side of Manchester this season.

Anyone watch the Liverpool v Stoke game yesterday? Fucking madness!

Too bad the Atletico v Barca match was a bit of a dud; some nice play here and there but each team lacked a bit of sharpness in the final third.

CR7 to win the Balon de Oro today.

And finally, a motivated and well-rested Arsenal will get revenge for their early season loss by beating Villa today.

arsenal are back on top
    the music is what its all about, you love it just like i love it.

Does anyone one have advice on how to pick up tickets to an EPL game?

I'm going to be in London in late February and am trying to hit an Arsenal game. Everywhere I check requires an Arsenal membership or are charging over 100 GBP.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

happy ronaldo won, he really did have a great year. however, I think messi will have the best 2014 with the possibility of argentina winning the world cup

Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post

I'm going to be in London in late February and am trying to hit an Arsenal game. Everywhere I check requires an Arsenal membership or are charging over 100 GBP.
    Try here (although I think you need to be a member) and here.

Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    Anyone watch the Liverpool v Stoke game yesterday? Fucking madness!

Too bad the Atletico v Barca match was a bit of a dud; some nice play here and there but each team lacked a bit of sharpness in the final third.
    That Liverpool game was so damn nerve wracking, but wow! An exciting game and a much needed victory outside of Anfield and at a place that isn't easy to win at. Sturridge stepped right back in like he never left. The control he had to score his goal was just remarkable.

Barca and atletico both looked to be going for a point from the get go. A little disappointing, but understandable I suppose
    Quote Originally Posted by morelifefucker View Post
    The drugs dont work as well on sunday as they worked on friday.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post

you'll have a job on, gotta be a member which I believe youll have to pay for. Then fight every other cockney for them.
    Even then tickets will still be a small fortune, dearest tickets in the premiership.
    Go watch QPR haha

Quote Originally Posted by biggfoot17 View Post
    That Liverpool game was so damn nerve wracking, but wow! An exciting game and a much needed victory outside of Anfield and at a place that isn't easy to win at. Sturridge stepped right back in like he never left. The control he had to score his goal was just remarkable.

Barca and atletico both looked to be going for a point from the get go. A little disappointing, but understandable I suppose
    Reminded me of this kid:

EDIT - also, Chelsea are about to pull off transfer which most accurately captures the last 10 or so years of their club by paying Benfica 20m for a player they sold to them only a few years ago for less than 3m.
    Last edited by nosurprises12; 01-14-2014 at 08:50 AM.

One of my all time favorite players is now the boss at AC Milan.

Seedorf in his prime was a joy to watch. Wish him well.

This Goal, damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

This pretty much sums up everything that I feel. It is a shame that Newcastle isn't a big enough club for Cabaye; it should be. I have resigned to the fact that he will be gone this summer. I wish him well.

He's a classy player, that's for sure; at least you can milk his worth by getting PSG to pay over the odds a bit, especially if he has a great WC!

His rumored replacement, Remy Cabella from Montpellier, looks a very promising player, though - very lively the couple of times we've played against them in the CL.

Yeah, he does look pretty good. Montpellier is already claiming it is a done deal for the summer. We shall see. This summer scares me, big time. Odds are they don't sign Remy on a permanant deal, they lose Cabaye, maybe Tiote'. They are in the driver's seat to sign Luuk de Jong, the young striker, but I am not holding my breath.

Damn, Mata to United for €45 million? Great deal, and one which might help them to scrape to a top 4 finish at the end of the season. Oh, and OF COURSE Jose decides to sell such a talented player when United still have City and us to play in the league...

Just got done visiting the Earthquakes stadium, it's looking good. they plan in having 31 beers on tap.

Damn, Mata to United for €45 million? Great deal, and one which might help them to scrape to a top 4 finish at the end of the season. Oh, and OF COURSE Jose decides to sell such a talented player when United still have City and us to play in the league...
    And then buy a player he doesn't need just to prevent Liverpool from doing so. Fucking Jo-say.

I'm so damn nervous about this derby.

A Willian-esque FU from Moureen, although I don't necessarily agree that Chelsea don't need him - he'll be a very good squad player/rotation option.

Today's derby is going to be a good one, but it's just a shame that so many quality players for both teams are out. Spuds v City tomorrow should be a good match too considering the former's good form lately and the latter's struggles on the road this season.

I'm a bit nervous about our game at Southampton today; even though they've been playing rather poorly they'll have the home crowd with them, and we may have to start the Ox in midfield with Flamini (Jack's a big doubt with an ankle injury, and Ramsey & Arteta have only just returned to full training).

Well my nervousness is gone. What a terrific first half. Aggressive attack, tidy passing, clinical finishing, and holding strong at the back. Couldn't be happier. Shame about Lukaku.

What the hell is going on at St Mary's right now? 3 goals I'm the second half already?

Bye Bye Cabaye

Sad to see him go. Wish him well at PSG. Sucks when you know your team will ALWAYS sell their best player for profit instead of investing in more talent around that player to bring trophies, get into the CL, etc. Ashley and the board know they are secure this year in the league, so pulling the trigger was not given a second thought. Now, let's just see how much of that $20 million is actually reinvested (to this day, they still haven't reinvested the full $35 million for Carroll).

At least we got Luuk De Jong...on loan. Great.

PSG got a steal of a deal. I feel for Newcastle fans. Great fans, great stadium, terrible owners.

Quote Originally Posted by biggfoot17 View Post
    Well my nervousness is gone. What a terrific first half. Aggressive attack, tidy passing, clinical finishing, and holding strong at the back. Couldn't be happier. Shame about Lukaku.

What the hell is going on at St Mary's right now? 3 goals I'm the second half already?
    You guys looked impressive from the start yesterday; credit to Everton for sticking to their game despite being down 3 after 30 minutes, but the quicker they can forget about that result the better. At least Lukaku's injury isn't as bad as some thought.

Quote Originally Posted by downingthief View Post
    Bye Bye Cabaye

Sad to see him go. Wish him well at PSG. Sucks when you know your team will ALWAYS sell their best player for profit instead of investing in more talent around that player to bring trophies, get into the CL, etc. Ashley and the board know they are secure this year in the league, so pulling the trigger was not given a second thought. Now, let's just see how much of that $20 million is actually reinvested (to this day, they still haven't reinvested the full $35 million for Carroll).

At least we got Luuk De Jong...on loan. Great.
    Rumor is you're in for Clement Grenier from Lyon, a player we were heavily linked with in the summer; if true he won't replace Cabaye's quality in the short-term, but he's another player who could be got for relatively cheap and could fetch a hefty price tag in two or three seasons should he continue to develop. He's also a great free kick taker too.

The opening 45 minutes was probably the worst half of football I've seen from Arsenal this season, and they were exceedingly lucky not to be down by 3 at the break. I was happy with the response from the players in the second half though, especially Ozil who played some of his best football for us this season, but their equalizer was quintessential 2011/12 Arsenal capitulation and Flamini's challenge for the red card was about as stupid as they come. We REALLY needed to take 6 from 6 between yesterday's game and the one Sunday considering the absolutely brutal schedule we have in February (Liverpool, United, Liverpool again in the FA Cup, and then Bayern in the CL on the trot) and March (Bayern 2nd leg, Spuds, Chelsea, City), but at least City and Chelsea play each other this weekend.

We're also starting to hit a bit of an injury crisis in midfield, which will probably force Wenger's hand in buying a midfielder along with a striker/attacker - Ramsey had a setback and is now out for at least 3 more weeks, Flamini's red is a 4-game ban for having been banned previously, and Jack missed yesterday/is definitely out Sunday with a knock. Rumors are growing about a bid for Matuidi from PSG, a player Wenger has followed for a while now and who is out of contract in the summer, as well as a long-rumored deal for Draxler, but I'm not holding my breath for either tbh.

Rumor is you're in for Clement Grenier from Lyon, a player we were heavily linked with in the summer; if true he won't replace Cabaye's quality in the short-term, but he's another player who could be got for relatively cheap and could fetch a hefty price tag in two or three seasons should he continue to develop. He's also a great free kick taker too.
    Yeah, I'll believe it when i see it. Will be surprised if they go after anyone else in this window. I'd gladly take Grenier. I won't be surprised of De Jong gets forced into playing very soon since Remy was sent off with a red yesterday. Not deserving either.

Transfer deadline day. I am expecting yet another quiet (in terms of signings) day Tyneside. Updates until the clock strikes:

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/16...y-2014?cc=5901

Jesus fuck that was painful today; can only hope we see a good response Wednesday v. United. At least Norwich did us a favor.

So tonight I went to the LA Galaxy preseason friendly against Armenian team FC Shirak. I well say that I have seen plenty of Galaxy friendlies against other foreign teams, and nothing came close fan wise to the loudness of these Armenians. For a half sold seating (intentional) that was about as loud as I have ever heard the stadium. Also I guess should be no surprise that it was the most amount of smokers I have ever seen there also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?