Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Prince is awesome

Default Re: Prince is awesome

Also, fun fact: 9 million toilets flush at the same time during superbowl halftime.

I have see him multiple times (at least a dozen), he is ALWAYS AMAZING. The Superbowl performance was great for what it was. He has more talent in his pinky than most.

Go see him in Vegas at 3121, quite the show, although very pricey.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    prince sucked at the superbowl
    you are stupid.
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by back4more View Post
    Has anyone seen Prince's show in Vegas yet? I was a bit surpised to read a couple of months back that he had gone the way of Celine Dion and Wayne Newton and set up a residency in Vegas but I gotta be there for work for a week before Coachella so thought I may try to get tickets to see him. Seen him in concert three times before and he is a great performer.
    I wouldn't say he's doing a Celine.

His show is about the music, not the specticle. Its really good, very expensive, but really good. He plays for a long time, but don't expect too many hits, he likes to jam throughout the evening, but I guess no show is ever exactly the same. Just like his tours.
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I really need to find a new place to hang out...everybody at the superbowl "party" I went to (though calling this a party would be like calling your fishing boat a ship) was just slamming Prince, calling him gay (and other words) and how much the music sucks, which then spilled off into one of the guy's son's talking and laughing about all the fights he sees breakout while at school, and how it was funny some kid (who he claimed to be gay, just like Prince) get his ass beat in the locker room, then they all went back to chanting how much they hate Prince and the whole halftime show. I felt like keying that guy's Scion HV or whatever the hell it's called...
    Menik - that is the saddest story I've heard in a long time. I wish I lived nearby...I'd key their cars for you and that way you wouldn't have to deal with the complications if you were discovered.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

check out the chapelle show episode with the charlie murphy true story of Prince.

Funny and insightful.
    The Glitter Freeze

Banned

The snickers commercial made me laugh.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post
    I don't think I saw U2...what Super Bowl was that?
    Ha ha ha ha.....It was actually the first time the Patriots won the Super Bowl. You were probably so pissed about the tuck rule that you didn't even watch the game.

But dude, Pantheon-level halftime show. First Super Bowl after 9/11. U2 played "Walk On" and "Where The Streets Have No Name", and during the latter they had like a video display of all the names of all the 9/11 victims. Historic shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post
    Hey, I was just thinking...remember that Super Bowl where the score was 55-10? That was some game.
    Dickface. I remember John Elway putting on two rings and riding off into the sunset.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Last edited by schoolofruckus; 02-05-2007 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Tessa told me how to post youtubes on the board.

I think this was the first time I've ever watched a Super Bowl, although most of the time I was also reading a magazine in front of the TV. I hate football. Prince was a nice bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Tessa doesn't like little femmy manboys like Prince

she likes her studs meaty & intimidating..... like Hanson
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

that guy only gave Dirty Mind 7 out of 10. that guy's about 3 points shy of being correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

That U2 performance chokes me up everytime - that is why they are as big as they are.

Amazing.
    The Glitter Freeze

I remember watching that U2 thing and getting chills. On their Slane Castle DVD, they transition from All I Want Is You to WTSHNN with Bono singing a capella and that gives me chills every time without fail. His father had just died and he was essentially pouring his soul out. Then Edge starts playing the riff to WTSHNN and it's glorious.

I remember that...I think I flipped it when they started running up the names of the 9/11 victims...nothing against U2, but I was tiring of the exploitation of that event. Now, it seems pretty cool in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

U2 pretty much cornered the market on celebrity 9/11 grieving. and good for them too, i guess. at least they did it right.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Then Edge starts playing the riff to WTSHNN
    You mean every song that they do. The guy has one riff.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by mob roulette View Post
    U2 pretty much cornered the market on celebrity 9/11 grieving. and good for them too, i guess. at least they did it right.
    I thought that was Springsteen.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

My favorite part was when his little man complex took over so he went behind a sheet that made his shadow look giant while he played his enormous phallic guitar.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I thought that was Springsteen.
    both. i really just meant the superbowl appearance and concurrent tour. the one with the heart-shaped stage extension. it was like being in church or something.

check out kevin smith's reaction to prince.
    "an evening with..."
    i still want to see prince though.

hahaha York that's it.

I thought his half time performance was great.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

it was very great
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I really need to find a new place to hang out....
    yes, you do need to find a new place to hang out.

prince will go down as one of a few great artists of the 80s/90s/00s era.

the tone of his guitar at the superbowl was absolutely beautiful, whether you are a fan or not. ask any guitarist. and if you thought he was lip synching or faking on the guitar... then i need a bag of your smoke.
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    you mean #Blowie2014

I made the same comment about the sound of his guitar to my wife. I don't know how many boxes he had that guitar going thru but it was pure bliss to hear. The one handed neck move got me off the floor and standing staight in front of the TV.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I did not watch neither I cared for that game but I did watch Prince's performance.

New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/05/sp...5halftime.html

A brief concert in the middle of the Super Bowl, on a temporary stage, designed to thrill a captive audience with nothing in common except a love of sport or spectacle, or both. How could that ever be a good idea? Then, just when it seemed time to give up on that quaint ritual known as the halftime show, along comes Prince.

His performance last night at Super Bowl XLI will surely go down as one of the most thrilling halftime shows ever; certainly the most unpredictable, and perhaps the best. “Dearly beloved,” he whispered, intoning the famous first words of “Let’s Go Crazy.”

F#$#s News

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,250581,00.html

Prince's acclaimed performance included a guitar solo during the "Purple Rain" segment of his medley in which his shadow was projected onto a large, flowing beige sheet. As the 48-year-old rock star let rip, the silhouette cast by his figure and his guitar (shaped like the singer's symbol) had phallic connotations for some.

A number of bloggers have decried "Malfunction!" — including Sam Anderson at New York magazine's Daily Intelligencer. Daily News television critic David Bianculli called it "a rude-looking shadow show" that "looked embarrassingly rude, crude and unfortunately placed."

The majority of the reaction to Prince's performance has been laudatory, including positive reviews from The Associated Press, the New York Times and USA Today — all of which noted the lack of controversy in this year's halftime show. AP Entertainment Writer Douglas J. Rowe wrote: "He delivered one of the best Super Bowl halftime shows — ever."

For decades, the electric guitar, by nature, has been considered phallic. From Jimi Hendrix's sensual 6-string swagger to Eddie Van Halen's masturbatory soloing, the guitar has often been thought an extension of a male player's sexuality.

Was Prince's pose phallic?

"The short answer is, of course it is," says Rolling Stone magazine contributing editor Gavin Edwards, who points out that on Prince's "Purple Rain" tour in the mid `80s, he performed with a guitar that would ejaculate, squirting water out of its end during the climax of "Let's Go Crazy."

"All that said, it didn't seem like a sniggering little puppet show," adds Edwards. "I think it was one of those things because a guitar at waist level does look like an enormous phallus."

Prince / Superbowl XLI (Full)

Last edited by idrive1life; 02-06-2007 at 03:22 PM.
    Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Pho Vu, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

WORLD of BEER
    Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    when does set times come out?

iDrive - you left out the last quote in that AP article:
    "If people want to be hypersensitive, they can be hypersensitive," says Rolling Stone's Edwards. "Those trombones are phallic, too. What are you going to do?"
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Hey tessa. i am watching a documentary on Prince called "The Prince of Paisley Park" on VH1 Classic. It will be on again at 1PM tomorrow (Monday). Record it and i think your appreciation might begin to develop and grow.
    Last edited by ivankay; 02-25-2007 at 11:30 AM.