Page 469 of 506 FirstFirst ... 464465466467468469470471472473474 ... LastLast
Results 14,041 to 14,070 of 15173

Thread: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk about

Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

Man or Astro-man? - Defcon 5...4...3...2...1

Small Black - Limits of Desire

9/05 - The Rentals - Fonda (?)
    9/11 - Swans - Roxy
    9/13 - Owen Pallett - El Rey (?)
    9/17 - Buzzcocks - Fonda (?)
    9/20 - Crosby, Stills & Nash - Santa Barbara Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

That album cover.

Classixx - Hanging Gardens

Hanni El Khatib - Head in the Dirt

9/11 - Swans - Roxy

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

A Place To Bury Strangers - Stenage Moon

Album is entirely covers of a band called Dead Moon
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Dean Blunt - The Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

Chance the Rapper - Acid Rap

It's on datpiff but also leaked on sites. Super funky shit.

Quasimoto - Yessir Whatever
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

whooaaaa it's been a long time since he's done a Quasimoto record! Awesome!
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Jim Guthrie - Takes Time

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    whooaaaa it's been a long time since he's done a Quasimoto record! Awesome!
    It's an anthology, there are three new tracks on it though.
    9/11 - Swans - Roxy

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Where's that Mikal Cronin already? Pitchfork giving it the BNM is such a tease.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    It's an anthology, there are three new tracks on it though.
    Oh drats. I'll still take the new songs though.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post

A Place To Bury Strangers - Stenage Moon

Album is entirely covers of a band called Dead Moon
    Oh fuck yeah Dead Moon is an awesome band
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Bibio - Silver Wilkinson
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Fleetwood Mac - Extended Play (EP)
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Not a leak, but Justice's new live album, Access All Arenas, is available for streaming on Rdio and Spotify.

Little Boots - Nocturnes

Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by redsurf View Post
    holy shit, a wolf in some kind of post-apocalyptic world, what a fucking awesome cover!

First new Black Flag song is up. If you stopped listening to the band after Damaged you'll hate it. If you dug everything after that, you'll love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Gee, wonder what this is.

That's not the fucking point you twat
    last.fm

Will the ban actually happen now?
    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    with all the pain in the world and Urban Outfitters sadding the navajo yall should not use the word "scalpers" please increase the peace.

Can someone group Bibio?

Pemberton (7/18-20) ~ FYF (8/22-23)

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    First new Black Flag song is up. If you stopped listening to the band after Damaged you'll hate it. If you dug everything after that, you'll love it.
    This is hilarious...

Why Black Flag’s Website Is The Saddest Thing Ever

You know what we could’ve done without forever? Black Flag asking us to follow them on Instagram. But when you go to their website …wait. That sentence sounded weird. Black Flag has a website? Let’s allow for a minute for that little mindfuck to sink in. Ok. So anyway, when you go to their website, it asks you to follow them on Instagram and Facebook and Youtube and Twitter. Nah, we’ll probably take a pass on all that on account of seeing Greg Ginn’s old, baked ass through a Valencia filter or whatever crushes our souls.

Then they offer you a free download of their new song, “Down in the Dirt,” which, by the way, fucking sucks a grown man’s ass. We’d actually rather listen to Rollins recite his scary “Family Man” shit than hear it again.

But then comes the best part! Check out this little swing they take at FLAG…

***note: not to be confused with the ‘fake’ Flag band currently covering the songs of BLACK FLAG in an embarrassingly weak “mailing it in” fashion***

Wow. Not that we’re huge fans of FLAG but it’s pretty blatantly obvious that FLAG makes this reunited Black Flag look like a commercial for Jazzy Scooters.

What else is on the site? How about the above photo of the band where Gregory Moore is barefoot and wearing leather pants and a jacket that looks like it was taken from the Beetlejuice display at Planet Hollywood?

Amazingly, we’ve heard from some people who defend this disaster, saying something to the effect of, “Derrrr, some people didn’t get the chance to see them so don’t spoil it for us derrrrr [gets own hand stuck in jar].” Yeah, you didn’t get to see them. You didn’t get to do a lot of things that happened before your time. That’s why it’s called the past. You missed it. MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE. Do you call up the NFL and say, “Hey, Super Bowl III happened before I was born. Re-enact it for me!”?

This Black Flag reunion(s) shit is getting out of hand. Let’s please settle this the same way our grade school teachers used to: We will turn off the lights and when we turn them back on, whoever’s responsible will have cut the shit and we’ll forget it ever happened. No questions asked.

Anyway, you can visit their website at ShittingOnTheYouthsOfThouandsOfPunks.com.
    http://www.jadedpunk.com/post/494961...est-thing-ever

8/25 Sleep @ Stage 48
    8/30 Heavy Blanket @ Union Pool
    8/30 Black Pus @ BNB
    8/30 Hernan Cattaneo b2b Guy J @ Verboten
    8/31 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Paper Box

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

So is it more punk rock for Greg Ginn to do this now, since it's obviously pissing off so many people who have their expectations of what Black Flag should be, based on the first half of their career?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Thanks Bmack im going to dive into the latter ones first then come back to four years before the fest.
    you are soooooooo good lookin

Quote Originally Posted by Jman4321 View Post
    Will the ban actually happen now?
    I sure hope so. The guy is an assclown.
    I love music, and I hate vowels.

So is it more punk rock for Greg Ginn to do this now, since it's obviously pissing off so many people who have their expectations of what Black Flag should be, based on the first half of their career?
    I feel that Greg Ginn has left a bad taste in everyone's mouth from the get go by ripping on FLAG in the press release, for no real reason. As for the song, I'm loving those riffs!

8/25 Sleep @ Stage 48
    8/30 Heavy Blanket @ Union Pool
    8/30 Black Pus @ BNB
    8/30 Hernan Cattaneo b2b Guy J @ Verboten
    8/31 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Paper Box

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffp1717 View Post
    Where's that Mikal Cronin already? Pitchfork giving it the BNM is such a tease.
    Wish granted.

Mikal Cronin - MCII

9/11 - Swans - Roxy

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I haven't heard much from him since he and No Age opened (lol) for Explosions in the Sky like 4 years ago.

Eluvium - Nightmare Ending

9/11 - Swans - Roxy

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

The Mikal Cronin album is excellent, btw.