Page 451 of 506 FirstFirst ... 446447448449450451452453454455456 ... LastLast
Results 13,501 to 13,530 of 15163

Thread: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk about

Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    if anyone is seriously interested in digging deep into gamelan... i could put together a primer from what I know.
    I would be really interested in this if you could find the time.
    8/21 - The Zombies - Santa Monica Pier
    8/22 - Slint - El Rey (?)
    8/23-24 - FYF Fest - Exposition Park
    8/28 - Ty Segall - Echo
    8/31 - Sleep - Troubadour (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

Quote Originally Posted by fastmusicfan View Post
    Thanks, Bryan, that list does indeed look amazing. I'm only familiar with Os Mutantes and Fahey and know a couple of the others in name only. I don't know how you have enough hours in the day/in your life to have listened to as much as you obviously have. I'd love to find another genre that I love a quarter as much as I love rock. With that in mind, the folk/delta blues is a great suggestion, though I plan to check it all out. I love the idea of someone asking what I'm listening to currently and replying "Oh, Turkish Psych and some Ethiopian jazz, mostly, but the new Christopher Owens is pretty good, too."
    I based those suggestions on what I know of your tastes actually. The Turkish Psych stuff at its best is some of my favorite rock music ever, and Tropicalia really expanded rock's vocab. The ethiopian jazz stuff gets very funky and minimal at times, kind of like a precursor to Afrobeat (which, btw, if you don't have any Fela Kuti work, now's the time to snag it.)

Rey, that sounds incredible. From what I've heard about Smith, he was a sloppy, shitty sort of guy in general who was a pain in the ass to deal with, but his extreme hoarding of records paid dividends to our culture.

Jared, PLEASE do. I would love to learn more about southeast asian traditional, folk and pop musics.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Nosaj Thing - Home

8/28 - Ty Segall - Echo

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Os Mutantes - the first three albums, especially the self-titled
    Um, ok this is fucking rad.
    8/28 - Ty Segall - Echo

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

The Bronx - The Bronx (IV)

8/28 - Ty Segall - Echo

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Yeah, that Os Mutantes is Fucking rad. The Ethiopiques No 4 is awesome, too. Ironically, I already had both of these on my hard drive.

I had never listened to either of them, though. Really digging what I've listened to from that list so far.

Os Mutantes is such a killer band. Caetano Veloso is less bizarre, but equally great. Tom Ze might be the strangest of those acts.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Pitchfork, RA and FACT's year end lists are now in the group. RA and FACT are both missing a song each, couldn't track them down.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

How many times does this again need to be explained:

Put the fucking band & album name in the message.

theklein...that means you and your god-awful taste. piss off ya twit.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Low - The Invisible Way

I won tickets to see Ra Ra Riot a few years ago, and it was one of the most stale shows I've ever seen. Just pointless fluff.
    8/28 - Ty Segall - Echo

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    I won tickets to see Ra Ra Riot a few years ago, and it was one of the most stale shows I've ever seen. Just pointless fluff.
    Now they're even worse because the gorgeous cellist left

I really couldn't give a shit about Ra Ra Riot. They have 2 songs that have any meaning to me. I know there are people who are interested in hearing this album, though replacing the cello with a synth will probably send them backwards.
    And in regards to posting the name and album title, fuck you, if it's that obvious then I'm not going to do it, figure it out or don't read this thread.
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

It makes it easier to search and cut down on duplicate postings. Fuck you, figure it out or don't post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Only a lazy ass would refuse to click to go back and scroll one page. Cry me a river.
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Hey klein how about you just stick to posting leaks from bands you like. Then we all win.
    8/28 - Ty Segall - Echo

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

My fucking god. It makes it POSSIBLE to search, not just easier. Sometimes people don't read a thread for a month say, and there are 20 new pages. They can search if something has leaked they have been waiting for or if they have something to contribute they can see if someone beat them to it. In a perfect world the thread would ONLY be albums cover images and ARTIST- ALBUM TITLE but instead people dont search or dont follow the way that is most efficient and we have to berate/flog/scold for a couple of posts. No one is picking on you, there a bunch of assholes that do it, even people that have 36,000+ posts here fuck it up.

This thread/ thegroup has been going on longer then you or I have been here, its established. You just look like an asshole, which is fine/bearable/sometimes MAYBE even funny in the rumors section but the Music Lounge is a great resource year round.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    It makes it easier to search and cut down on duplicate postings. Fuck you, figure it out or don't post in this thread.
    Plus, if you're subscribed to the thread, the image doesn't paint with the board's email server so the release is totally unknown to the subscriber ("obvious" is relative, dipshit).

This fuck going on about people being lazy.
    Last edited by GeezrRckr; 01-09-2013 at 10:48 PM.

It's Ra Ra Riot... HOLY FUCKING SHIT.
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Just in general man. It's kinda the way things operate. No bad vibes.
    8/28 - Ty Segall - Echo

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT BEING RA RA RIOT!

Some bad vibes going on with the fuck you's and the cry me the river's if you ask me. Meh.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    It's Ra Ra Riot... HOLY FUCKING SHIT.
    that's a good start... you've got the band name part down. now work on the album title.

Pere Ubu - Lady From Shanghai

8/28 - Ty Segall - Echo

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Looking forward to that.

Unknown Mortal Orchestra - II

8/28 - Ty Segall - Echo

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

nice tits. The only song I've been able to get into from those guys is Ffunny Ffrends, but I might have to check that out.

FaltyDL - Hardcourage

And So I Watch You From Afar - All Hail Bright Futures