Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: San Luis Obispo

Default San Luis Obispo

anyone from or live there?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If Bob Dylan saved up his jizz for a year, and then molded it into the shape of records, and released it as a limited edition box set, it would top any Rolling Stone list, even if said list was about the top 50 Arabic transsexual rappers of the last 10 years. Robert Plant would probably be on there somewhere too.

Default Re: San Luis Obispo

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by psychoc&ndy View Post
    anyone from or live there?
    We should meet up for casual sex.

There's a great hotel/bed n' breakfast inn there, called The Madonna Inn. I'd recommened it for casual sex. And, if you're on the creatively kinky side, their rooms each have a different theme to them for your pleasure.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

just wondering how old are you psycocandy?

i live in santa maria which is 30 min south of there...great kinda big city...what's up?

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    There's a great hotel/bed n' breakfast inn there, called The Madonna Inn. I'd recommened it for casual sex. And, if you're on the creatively kinky side, their rooms each have a different theme to them for your pleasure.
    the Madonna Inn is pretty fun....a former girlfriend of mine lived in SLO, and whenever I visited, we'd stay there
    '99-'11...

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

No city around here is great or "kinda big". I'm from right around SLO and, like any place, it's great fun if you're willing to be spontaneous and your friends are clever. Otherwise it's boring and I think you probably spend most of your life at some bar. The food around here is dismal, with only a handful of good restaurants. There's decent hiking all around the area, better if you're willing to drive a little bit. Some nice camping places. It's slow-paced and the drivers here are morons, but it's a pretty area.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Also you should come see the chickens in Arroyo Grande and go to the drive-in. Two good things to do.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

the chickens in AG? you gotta be shittin me...i was just in slo last thursday and had a blast at farmers market, then bar hoppin! you'd be surprised at what talent downtown brew brings in these days. the foods not great, but there's a lot of good seafood, japanese,and bbq options here. i gotta agree with you about the friends part though, they make things A LOT better.

and slo is kinda big...it's a college town and the city keeps growing. it's not "big" like la or san diego, but it's definitely on the kinda big scale.

Love that Apple Farm apple butter.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Aw come on everyone loves the chickens.

ANYWAY, since I'm a Negative Nancy, farmer's market is kind of irritating because it seems like every retard in the area comes out to mingle and be retarded together. Downtown Brew is a shitass venue. There are three good barbeque joints (Mo's, Alex, Jocko's), approximately two good Japanese places (Umi and then one in SLO whose name I always forget), and surprisingly no seafood place that I'd care to eat at.

I don't know. Growing up in a place you tend to see only the drawbacks, but I suppose it's nice enough for a while. I'd rather stay in Arroyo Grande than SLO because it's less fake gentrified and it's prettier.

wow...negative nancy and debbie downer is one post! mingle and be retarded together? woe is me...being social CAN be fun kiddo

downtown brew is fun if you want a tiny venue and decent artists to come RIGHT in your area. mother's bbq is legit, as is firestone, but you forgot the best, mcclintocks (sp?) and sushi is yanagis, while seafood is steamers in pismo and splash cafe. i'm sure you'll find the dark and dreary in anything i say though. come to slo...i'll buy you a drink when you turn 21 and maybe you can even smile and dance. or is that acting retarded too?

ps...AG is where you go when you retire. congrats on being 19 going on 60.

Oh, Splash is a good one. McClintock's is giant chunks of mediocre food for too much money and Yanagi is uninspiring. Steamer's likewise is overpriced and blah.

And I'm amazed that you have the SLO snobbish attitude towards AG since you live in Santa Maria. They look down on you too, you know. More than us.

It's kind of true about the food. I drive to Giuseppe's in Pismo if I'm not in the mood for Mo's. There's also a corner liquor store that serves some good Q. The Frog and Peach serve a good pint. Not too crazy about the frat heads. McClintocks is overrated. For the record, I've completed one of their 1 pound steaks in one sitting along with my baked potato. Shit, now I'm hungry.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Go to Jocko's in Nipomo if you want a giant (and wonderful) steak. Giuseppe's used to be good, but their emphasis now is on high turnover of tourists and not on food quality. It's a shame.

it has nothing to do with snobbish love...it's just AG is decent, but NOTHING to do there. it's better looking than santa maria but you're in trouble when we have more things to do than you guys. santa maria's a shitthole in itself though. i live in orcutt which is by the st joes/righetti and just driving down broadway, it feels like you have made a journey to mexico. nontheless, it's not a turf war or anything and that's why i like going to slo here and there, it's way nicer than sm and that's why i was defending it. are you in town for summer?

jockos is ridiculous...sooooo bomb! just go, looks ghetto but i'll back her up on that. plus they make a good strong drink. and the frat-brodudes are outta control but it's fun laughing at them as well. i'm a fan of mother's and marti's. good people for the most part there...

Nah, I'm in town right now sort of by a fluke. I'm going camping tomorrow at Montana de Oro and then I have to go back down to San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    Go to Jocko's in Nipomo if you want a giant (and wonderful) steak. Giuseppe's used to be good, but their emphasis now is on high turnover of tourists and not on food quality. It's a shame.
    That sucks to hear. They have a great wine list. Most times, I actually go down the street to their take out place and order pizza to go. I'll either eat in the patio outside or take it back to the hotel.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

ah...bummer. i wouldn't have mind draggin you outta the house on my way up to slo and showing you it could be fun! next time...

Pismo's gotten dumpy over the years. Not that it was ever a standout of class and charm but the tourists have just driven it into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    ah...bummer. i wouldn't have mind draggin you outta the house on my way up to slo and showing you it could be fun! next time...
    Oh, I know SLO can be fun. But in my experience you have to make it fun because on its own it's nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    That sucks to hear. They have a great wine list. Most times, I actually go down the street to their take out place and order pizza to go. I'll either eat in the patio outside or take it back to the hotel.
    how often you around the central coast man?

P.S. Thai Kitchen in AG is the shit. It looks preposterous, and they play Backstreet Boys, but the food is good. And JJ's Market has a bitchin' deli.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    Oh, I know SLO can be fun. But in my experience you have to make it fun because on it's own it's nothing special.
    i see where you're coming from...definitely not like san diego. but compared to the other cities around here, i'll peachy with it. don't be a stranger. that goes to any of you people! hit me up and i'll buy you a drank. shorties =)

That offer is going to have to wait a year. Actually I totally want to go to Bill's Place in AG (you know, with the moth-eaten lion in the window) because it just seems so shitty and rundown and awesome.

haha yaaaaaaaaa i don't know about that place. mr. rick's is a good time at avila though...

Mmmmm....Mo's. Thanks for the reminder. I'll be passing through in August.

Go to Gus' Grocery off of Leff Street, the natural spas near Avila Beach, and a great dive bar is Bulls downtown.