Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Troubles with Traveling

Default Troubles with Traveling

---
    Last edited by WastedTime; 09-28-2011 at 01:20 AM.

Default Re: Troubles with Traveling

Dude you have to respect that cloth badge they wear. Sorry, but the cloth badge is the first and final word on your traveling fate.

Where did you have them?

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Seriously, Wasted, what kind of retardedness are you doing to get them thrown out? Are they in a fucking prescription bottle with your name on it, 'cause if they were there's no goddamn way they'd throw them out. And if they're not, well, what kind of asshole are you to NOT get a prescription bottle with your name on it after the FIRST fucking time?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

As far as I know, you have the right to carry prescribed, clearly-labeled medications on flights. Did you try refusing to give the pills up, and asking to speak to a supervisor? Did you take down names to file a report/complaint?

I agree that flying is pretty dreadful these days. Recently I have been only flying United, even though they suck, just because I have enough frequent flyer miles that I can request an upgrade to business or first.

I am flying US Airways later in the month to Idaho & then a week later to Newark. I hear they charge now for the FIRST bag you check in....that is FUCKING NUTS!!

That charging for the first bag thing is almost enough to motivate me to get my shit organized and FedEx my luggage ahead of time. It seems like my bags are delayed/lost about one out of every ten times I check luggage anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    That charging for the first bag thing is almost enough to motivate me to get my shit organized and FedEx my luggage ahead of time. It seems like my bags are delayed/lost about one out of every ten times I check luggage anyway.
    I agree.
    I used to fly every week in my old career. Don't know how I did it & certainly don't think I could do it in this new world of travel.

I am flying 4 straight weekends starting Thursday, then have a two week reprieve, and then will be flying like a motherfucker late August/early September. If I add it up, 16 flights by September 13. Just fucking nuts.
    For your health

Rocke, I hope you are part of a airline loyalty program with good perks. And I am sorry, I hope you have lots of earplugs and possibly sleeping pills.

Don't they have those human jet-packs now?

Rocke, I hope you are part of a airline loyalty program with good perks. And I am sorry, I hope you have lots of earplugs and possibly sleeping pills.
    A lot of the traveling will be for a good cause, so no worries. It is pretty daunting though.

A lot of the flights coming up are on Southwest, which is not the most fun experience. They are however offering the best fares and are not charging for extra bags. I should have a free roundtrip flight coming up here in a few weeks with them, so that is good. Other than that, not going to get much from the other two airlines, unfortunately.
    For your health

Ohhh Southwest. Yeah, cheap fares and checking bags are definitely good things. And I get the impression Southwest is also quite good about being on-time, at least as much as is in their control. Although they lose major points for not having seat assignments.

Quote Originally Posted by bakersfield View Post
    I am flying US Airways later in the month to Idaho & then a week later to Newark. I hear they charge now for the FIRST bag you check in....that is FUCKING NUTS!!
    Yeah, we have to. Oil is costing the airline TWO BILLION DOLLARS more this year than last year. Our profit last year was $400 million. Do the math. If you can't, that's a 1.5 BILLION deficit to make up. Tons of people are losing their jobs, capacity is being reduced, and we have to start charging for things we never had to before. It's the way of the future. Unless things change with the oil prices and airlines change their business models, several airlines will be liquidating. You'll then be left with very few choices on who to fly on. Once that's the case, the remaining airlines will able to charge you whatever they want and for whatever they want.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by WastedTime View Post
    I have been doing quite a bit of flying lately, and it used to not bother me, but now I hate it. FUCKING HATE IT.

This has been the 4th time they threw away my prescribed meds.

Okay, so here is the deal... I have some anxiety troubles with work being extremely fucking demanding and trying to finish my masters, which would have been done this year if they hadn't change to mhs requirements at the last fucking second...

But being entangled in the medical world I have friends who can prescribe me meds at the click of a button, I worked my fucking ass off for that ability. I have prescriptions for valium, xanax, librium, and percocet. I don't need the percocet, but they are just nice to have, .

But what pissed me off is that I had filled ALL the prescriptions not 2 hours before... I had them RE-filled in LA after on my way down to LA from Seattle they tossed them there. So if I ask anyone of my friends again, they will think I am selling them or think I am addicted... Well I went through all of my Benzo scripts in less than a week last time so... eh whatever.

But still, Airport security has serious issues, and I felt like starting a thread about how much bullshit exists now days when traveling. Fucking insanity. It would be suicide for me to drive my fucking car. I have a feeling that I will be posting too myself inside of this thread.
    That doesn't sound right. Check the TSA website, and file a complaint. Also, if you check those things in your bag rather than carry them on, they won't be confiscated.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Ohhh Southwest. Yeah, cheap fares and checking bags are definitely good things. And I get the impression Southwest is also quite good about being on-time, at least as much as is in their control. Although they lose major points for not having seat assignments.
    US Airways has better on time performance. In the top three in the last six months.

captn, have you ever seen a grown man naked?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    That doesn't sound right. Check the TSA website, and file a complaint. Also, if you check those things in your bag rather than carry them on, they won't be confiscated.
    never check meds...what happens if they lose your bag? or a sticky fingered baggage checker/handler/tsa screener decides to partake?

i learned yesterday that since i am flying first class back to apw that checked bags are free..i also get to enter that holy ground of the american airlines admirals club while awaiting my departure. yay frivolous perks!

you want a free flight, people? sign up for an aadvantage credit card. all i had to do was spend $800 within 4 months and i got 25,000 miles, enough for a free coach ticket...fortunately i already had 40,000 miles, so that extra bump gave me the 45,000 i needed to fly first class for free. i checked the american airlines website and my ticket would have cost me over $2,600 cash.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 07-09-2008 at 08:27 AM.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I find it odd how much other people experience lost/delayed luggage. I've flown my fair share of flights, and only ever once had a delayed bag. that was when I had a connecting flight on a different airline. I've never had a bag lost. not sure how I've been so lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    you want a free flight, people? sign up for an aadvantage credit card. all i had to do was spend $800 within 4 months and i got 25,000 miles, enough for a free coach ticket...fortunately i already had 40,000 miles, so that extra bump gave me the 45,000 i needed to fly first class for free. i checked the american airlines website and my ticket would have cost me over $2,600 cash.
    you'll pay for that flight with the $85/year fees for the rest of the time you have the card.

edit: ok I just did the math. that would take 30 years. but still, those fees are going to dig into the 'free' flight you just earned.

it's free for the first year, so i will just cancel it when the year is up...problem solved!

US Airways has better on time performance. In the top three in the last six months.
    US Airways is also dead last or next to last in customer satisfaction.
    For your health

I'm flying to Ohio next week on Northwest. No baggage charge, but I'm sure they'll compensate in some other way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    Bug, have you ever been inside a Turkish prison?

Hannah, do you like movies about gladiators?
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    no. I wouldn't consider the penises I've seen to be those of grown "men". Boys in men's bodies maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    US Airways is also dead last or next to last in customer satisfaction.
    Next to last, and the survey was taken last year after our system failure. Doesn't reflect the current state of the airline. Or the industry for that matter.

EDIT: while we're on the subject...if you're planning on flying to Coach next year, I strongly suggest you do whatever you can to find out what the dates are so you can go ahead and book your flights as soon as possible. Fares will only be going up, not down.

never check meds...what happens if they lose your bag? or a sticky fingered baggage checker/handler/tsa screener decides to partake?

i learned yesterday that since i am flying first class back to apw that checked bags are free..i also get to enter that holy ground of the american airlines admirals club while awaiting my departure. yay frivolous perks!

you want a free flight, people? sign up for an aadvantage credit card. all i had to do was spend $800 within 4 months and i got 25,000 miles, enough for a free coach ticket,fortunately i already had 40,000 miles, so that extra bump gave me the 45,000 i needed to fly first class for free. i checked the american airlines website and my ticket would have cost me over $2,600 cash.
    My first thought was what a great incentive! A free ticket to the Coachella Festival! (Give me a break. I just woke up, dammit!)
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Yeah, we have to. Oil is costing the airline TWO BILLION DOLLARS more this year than last year. Our profit last year was $400 million. Do the math. If you can't, that's a 1.5 BILLION deficit to make up. Tons of people are losing their jobs, capacity is being reduced, and we have to start charging for things we never had to before. It's the way of the future. Unless things change with the oil prices and airlines change their business models, several airlines will be liquidating. You'll then be left with very few choices on who to fly on. Once that's the case, the remaining airlines will able to charge you whatever they want and for whatever they want.
    I know that it is just a product of the mess we are in economy wise....
    I used to fly both AWA & Southwest ALL the time! I was Elite with AWA for 3 years straight (using the last of my FF miles to fly the family & I to the east coast at the end of the month). And I had a companion pass for 3 years at Southwest. It was enough of a pain in the ass back then to fly. I can only imagine what those weekly road warriors have to go through now.
    And it will only get worse.....

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

it's free for the first year, so i will just cancel it when the year is up...problem solved!
    cunning. I wonder if they prevent you from re-signing up. also, I wonder how many people say that and never cancel the card.