Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Thread

Default Re: The NHL Thread

YESS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Bombay View Post
    I think it just skimmed his stick and put a weird spin on it.
    Yeah I suppose, and it hit a dug-in patch in the ice? No clue. Amazing.... and yes, killer game. Love this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    the funny thing about that clip is the announcer giving the credit to the goalie.
    Haha! Yeah. I guess he did that spur-of-the-moment, though, without seeing that he clearly used the force or some shit.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

A few thoughts about my team.

Please come back sid =(

Matt Cooke is an idiot son of a bitch

Score some fucking goals Neal.
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

I guess I'll just cheer for the nucks now. Like every other year.

They look really good this year. The Sedins are almost unstoppable.

The canucks/sharks game a couple weeks back was the best non playoff hockey game I've watched in years.

Cheering for the Canucks really just gives me an excuse to wear my Messier jersey here in Flame central.

I hate Calgary so much. Bunch of cheaters and punks they are.

Go Kings!!! 2 points tonight, no shootout! kthx
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

A few thoughts about my team: They've gotten lazy being in first place in the East and they have to have the most godawful power play in the entire NHL. Also, it's not good to have four straight games decided in a shootout when you're heading into the playoffs where there thankfully are no shootouts.

At least last year when the Flyers squeaked into the playoffs, it meant they actually had some momentum heading into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by JelloPuddingChat View Post
    A few thoughts about my team.

Please come back sid =(

Matt Cooke is an idiot son of a bitch

Score some fucking goals Neal.
    A few thoughts about MY team.

Now that Cooke is out you shouldn't have to worry about the Isles handing your Pens their asses again. It was cheap shot pukes like him who caused them to take matters into their own hands. (Gillies did take it a bit too far though)

Grabner better win Rookie of the Year! So far 31 goals, 17 assists & a +17 on a not so great team. Plus, only one of his goals being on the power play & averaging a breakaway per game. Skinner may have more points, but he's playing with some quality veterans and has a few more games under his belt.

Another bad year, but I think next year we'll be in the hunt. The future is bright.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    I hate Calgary so much. Bunch of cheaters and punks they are.
    I used to like the Flames alright until I moved back here. Good god, the fair weather fans here are so obnoxious. I just want them out of the playoffs so everyone will shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    go kings. check
    2 points. check
    shootout. fail....
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Grabner better win Rookie of the Year! So far 31 goals, 17 assists & a +17 on a not so great team. Plus, only one of his goals being on the power play & averaging a breakaway per game. Skinner may have more points, but he's playing with some quality veterans and has a few more games under his belt.
    I do like Grabner a lot. I have both Skinner and Logan Couture on my fantasy team this year and they've both done well for me (though Couture has dropped off a bit in production) but as you said, they both have quality veterans around them. I think Grabner is doing equally well with not nearly as much help.

I still think Skinner will get Rookie of the Year if his stats are better given the way he was hyped at the All-Star game.

Also I hope by the time the playoffs roll around, my Flyers remember that hockey games last 60 minutes and they can't play for just 30-40 minutes and expect to win.

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    Kopitar out for minimum 6 weeks.....

I know, that's pretty bad news

First Williams and now Kopitar... They can't call up Schenn unless we lose another player to injury, so I expect Westgarth to go out with an undisclosed upper body injury soon!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

My fantasy team just knocked out the best team in our league and I am advancing to the finals. My goalies went 7-0. Thank you Kings fans. Those 3 wins from Quick this week helped considerably.

Nice to see you close out a game, Flyers! I feel better going into the playoffs now.

Just wanted to point out that Corey Perry is in position to take the Rocket Richard.
    and that Teemu Selanne at 40 years old is some sort of Finnish freak of nature and is better still better than 95% of the league.

GO DUCKS!!!
    '03, '04, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...
    ...#10 is gonna be grand in 2014

The Red Wings held the mighty Blues to just 10 goals tonight. Impressive.

Going to bump this since we are about to enter the playoffs!

I cannot wait for the schedule to come out Monday. Although tonight should put a better picture on things, especially for the West.
    Coachella 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12[1+2], 13[1+2]

I am not happy with the way the Flyers bumbled and stumbled into the playoffs, but hopefully they can get into playoff form against the Sabres.

I'm a Ducks fan, so I am extremely happy with the way things turned out atm. 4th seed and pushing the Kings to 7th or 8th! I'm watching the Chi-Det game right now in hopes Chicago picks up a point or two.

I wouldn't be too worried, I think the Flyers will do well in the playoffs. The team usually comes together really well and it should turn out to be a good first round against Buffalo. Personally, I think the East is going to come down to Washington or the Flyers.

Yeah. I do think the Flyers will get it together for the playoffs. Last year, they snuck into the playoffs and made it to the finals, and I think overall the team is better this year. Lately, they just haven't had 60 full minutes of intensity in any game. The playoff atmosphere should change that.

With Washington, they seem to find ways to lose in the first or second round of the playoffs (in recent years anyway). I'm actually more worried about Boston. If Tim Thomas is on, they are going to be a tough out with the talent they have around him.

Ya, I wouldn't mind if the traditional chokers (Washington, Vancouver, and San Jose) followed their same patterns. I think the Boston-Montreal match-up is going to be pretty heated, especially in light of the Chara hit, but I think Boston will pull through that.

Vancouver, even with their history, is going to be interesting. While they have never had much playoff success, it's hard to pin point how they will do. The first match up between them and Chicago is going to be amazing. I'm sure the Canucks are going to want vindication for last year.

Obviously, I'm going to be biased towards choosing the Ducks in any finals match-ups but its way too early to call anything. Playoffs are a completely different game.
    Last edited by Redundant567; 04-10-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redundant567 View Post
    Ya, I wouldn't mind if the traditional chokers (Washington and San Jose) followed their same patterns...
    I hope you're right on your initial points. My Kings really dodged a bullet by missing Vancouver in the first round. We might have a shot at them later but not the way we're playing right now. Plus, unless Williams comes back for second round, and taking into account no Kopitar, we are gonna be lucky to clamp down on any conference foe enough to take a series.

Obviously, I'm going to be biased towards choosing the Ducks in any finals match-ups but its way too early to call anything. Playoffs are a completely different game.
    On the last part of your post, we'll just have to agree to disagree- F#&K the DUCKS! And yes, I know you guys got the last two off us to end the season. But Ducks are still a team based off a Disney movie starring Emilio Estevez.

Seriously, looking at this as objectively as I'm able to, I don't think Ducks have a chance at the Cup this year. Not enough overall depth. But they are streaking right now tho, so...who knows? Can't wait for some playoff hockey!!
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    I hope you're right on your initial points. My Kings really dodged a bullet by missing Vancouver in the first round. We might have a shot at them later but not the way we're playing right now. Plus, unless Williams comes back for second round, and taking into account no Kopitar, we are gonna be lucky to clamp down on any conference foe enough to take a series.
    LOL "Dodged a bullet". Please. The Kings will be lucky to get even 1 win before their inevitable first round exit.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    LOL "Dodged a bullet". Please. The Kings will be lucky to get even 1 win before their inevitable first round exit.

And while the Ducks may be a former Disney team, we do have a Stanley Cup to our name, something the Kings have been searching for the last 44 years. It's too bad Kopitar and Williams got injured, the Kings probably could of had a decent run this year. The Sharks are most likely going to win the series though.

I do agree that the Ducks have line-up issues, particularly the absence of Hiller. I just hope Emery heals up and keeps us in there like Bryzgalov did in 07' when Giguere was out the first round.

One thing of note is that this is the first year that all 3 California teams are in the playoffs for the first time.

And, yet, you wouldn't know it by listening to the guys who do the versus broadcasts. It's almost as if you are in the West and you aren't Chicago, Detroit, or Vancouver, you don't exist. I fucking hate versus with a passion.

What I am also not looking forward to is watching the sharks game on the Kings broadcast. LAAAAAAAAAAAAMME.

I know right! Seriously, we almost had all 5 of the Pacific Division in. That has never been done since this playoff format has been in use in the 80s. It just goes to show what a strong division we have. The media hates the California teams, I bet they pick the Red Wings or Canucks to win it.