Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 67686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 2285

Thread: The NHL Thread

Default Re: The NHL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    GO CANADIANS!
    Not sure if you did it to troll Grandma again or not. But it really is Canadiens.
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

Trying figure out if all this Montreal love on here is genuine vs thinly veiled loathing of Boston.

I'm guessing the latter.

I have no love for either. I'm a Penguins fan so my Boston hate is obvious and earned after last year's drubbing. It's also easy to hate Lucic and Marchand based on their noses alone. Oh and we normally hate Boston cause of this elitism after one amazing decade for the city that was full of losers prior. And I know it differs from fan to fan but why no lump everyone in the same boat? That's the fun of sports.
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

In my defense, the Habs were the first NHL team I ever latched onto back in the Blades of Steel days even though Blades of Steel didn't have an NHL license and Montreal was this really ugly orange color. I became a huge fan of Patrick Roy so when EA Sports NHL '93 came out they were my team (Vinny Damphouse, Denis Savard, Guy Carbouneu, Brian Bellows, Eric Dejardens, Kirk Muller). That was the last Canadian team to win the cup. So now that the Sharts have been bounced again I've decided to latch on to the Habs.

I have very little hate for Boston sports (although imo Boston will ALWAYS have the worst sports fans and I'm sure Santasutt would agree with me to some extent). A majority of my distaste was directed mainly towards the Sawx and those cheating scumbags the Patriots (I own an 18-1 t-shirt but never wear it) but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Celtics (Bird Era) and the B's aren't so bad either . I much preferred living in a world where the Sawx never won the World Series, but what can you do...and I actually admired last years Sawx team a lot, so my loathing of them has waned considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    cool, same here. it'll be my first kings game at honda, so I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to try for tickets to game 4 at staples, but it will depend on the start time since I work until 4 that day (in San Diego). as long as it's a 6pm or later start I plan to be there
    I am thinking to hit up game 1 too. I had a ticket all set to go on TM right after game 7 win but realized I had to wait until closer to game day. I'll probably end up looking on StubHub last minute to see what I can grab.

Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    ^^^ Great fucking goal by Kopitar. As a Sharks/Sharts fan it sucked to watch, but I gotta admit it was a thing of beauty. Once he scored that I knew the series was over.
    It was a tough series all around and when the Sharks were stomping us early, I don't think anyone was predicting this outcome. But when the Kings do decide to start scoring and Quick gets hot, this team's a major problem for anyone. This other goal by Pearson to Toffoli was unreal

Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

xxxx
    Last edited by grichsgang; 05-02-2014 at 08:04 AM.
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    Trying figure out if all this Montreal love on here is genuine vs thinly veiled loathing of Boston.

I'm guessing the latter.
    Lakers/Angels/Raiders/MUFC fan in addition to being a Kings' fan. With those first three, you can understand my lack of love for anything sports/Boston related. (McHale clothesline, Dave Henderson, the Tuck), plus now a bunch of chowds own Liverpool FC, too. I really should dislike the Habs over the B's based on '93. However, ever since '04, the Boston fans that show up to away games (fans in Fenway are great) have managed to out-douche NY fans, which was a high mountain to climb. So anything that makes them unhappy makes me happy. I might root for the Sox against Duke and USC, but that's about all.
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post

I'm guessing the latter.
    When I don't have a team in it I usually root for a fan base that deserves it (Sharks, Canadiens), a fairly good storyline (Ducks, would be happy to see Selanne win one more before his retirement) and against teams I hate (Penguins, Rangers, Flyers).

Also I like Subban and Vanek.
    Last edited by KungFuJoe; 05-02-2014 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    I am thinking to hit up game 1 too. I had a ticket all set to go on TM right after game 7 win but realized I had to wait until closer to game day. I'll probably end up looking on StubHub last minute to see what I can grab.
    are you going to game 4? if so, we should grab a beer if I get tickets!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

So those certain groups of racist Bruins fans know that Jerome Ilgina is black, right?
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

Quote Originally Posted by JelloPuddingChat View Post
    So those certain groups of racist Bruins fans know that Jerome Ilgina is black, right?
    And that his brother is on one of their development teams. In these situations, I don't consider those people fans, just idiots.

[QUOTE=bemerritt;2917102I don't consider those people fans, just idiots.[/QUOTE]

True dat.

On another topic, I want to punch the penguins in the face.
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

I had to shave off my playoff beard for a work meeting with a client, I hope I just didn't screw things up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Risky move. 2009 was the first time I had a job that allowed me to grow a "beard" and that's when the Pens won the cup. It's been downhill every since I had to look professional again.
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

The only channel showing hockey tonight is not showing the Wild game. How the fuck does shit like this happen in the state of hockey?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Then the Pens have to go and fuck it up. Ugh wtf is up with this team?
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Chicago uses The League theme song after they score a goal? The worst

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    are you going to game 4? if so, we should grab a beer if I get tickets!
    That's the plan! I don't think they have released schedule for that day yet, but really need it to be an early game. Hoping for 1pm-3pm start. I'll text ya and see you on the outside deck during an intermission.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Well that was fucking dumb

That's the plan! I don't think they have released schedule for that day yet, but really need it to be an early game. Hoping for 1pm-3pm start. I'll text ya and see you on the outside deck during an intermission.
    Figures. I need a late game to make it to game 4 since I work until 4, haha.
    2012 2013 2014

Pretty nice comeback by the Bruins here.

With 7 seconds to go. Lets Go Kings
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

I'm surprised anyone in LA took enough time out of their Saturday night to check in on the game

What a game
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

GO KINGS GO!!!

wow, what a game! Gaborik with the goal to tie the game up and then the game winner! great things happen to LA when they make deadline deals with the jackets.
    2012 2013 2014

I was a little upset when the kings scored as I was not ready to stop watching that game yet. If this game was any indication of the series I really hope it goes 7 as that was fun to watch.

I am torn on this series though as I do like both teams. I associate myself more as a Kings fan but at the same time I would love for Teemu to end with a cup.

Pretty nice comeback by the Bruins here.
    I might just sig this.

^ Boston earned that win. Hard nosed shiat. And well fought by both teams.

My Kings... so excited I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a ticket for game 5 at the Ponda while I can still get it. Want to be there if we're up or down.

Nice, I'll see you there! I'm in section 340!
    2012 2013 2014