Page 61 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 2295

Thread: The NHL Thread

Default Re: The NHL Thread

Strained voice or not you don't fucking change the national anthem singer at this point in the playoffs. Plus as soon as Quick let in that first goal I just had a feeling the kings were going to lose by 1. Still Stanley cups and then to the WCF in only a season and a half for Sutter is not a bad hire at all for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Runnin on empty

<insert YouTube clip>

so, now that we've finally lost at home, does that mean we are going to be road warriors now? pretty please?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Strained voice or not you don't fucking change the national anthem singer at this point in the playoffs.
    But it was the Phantom!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    It's all about the Bruins-Penguins now, folks.

Yeah, they got Sid the Kid but we got ourselves a KRUUUUUUUUUG.

Aside from falling on his ass and allowing that fluke goal in game 4 vs NYR, Rask has been stellar. Bruins got the hot goalie in this one.

I'll take Jagr over Iginla, Tuuka over Vokoun or Fleury, anf the Merlot line over the Penguins 3rd or 4th line.

Bruins in a 4 game sweep.
    Fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.

Well, I can't say I saw that coming.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

I like how the majority of the articles I've read have been about Crosby not playing well more then Boston winning.

Hopefully the Kings can win on the road tonight. However before I thought it was hard enough to win one game on the road let alone two. However if the hawks came back from a 3-1 deficit then so can we right?

Hopefully the Kings can win on the road tonight. However before I thought it was hard enough to win one game on the road let alone two. However if the hawks came back from a 3-1 deficit then so can we right?
    If Richards plays (50/50 right now), then we have a shot. Something needs to change, though. I hate to say it, but Kopitar is playing like shit. Bench him, or limit his ice time. Unless Sutter can find a way to motivate him. But, honestly, that team in game 4 just looked like they didn't even want to play (with a few exceptions).

I'm not giving up hope, I love the Kings, but someone needs to kick them in the ass and get them in motion. You can't play 10 minutes a game and expect to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Women just obviously can't write creative music. They're all ripping off the Beatles, who were men. Duh.

I love em too. I'm damn proud of the Kings so far this playoffs. But the goals have not been coming up to now. And, their douchey fans aside, Blackhawks have outplayed us. We got a shot at a win tonight. But we need to move the puck around better in our zone, especially when clearing and starting the break (Regehr was a disaster last game). Some sustained pressure in their zone occasionally will help too. Tall order.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    If Richards plays (50/50 right now), then we have a shot. Something needs to change, though. I hate to say it, but Kopitar is playing like shit. Bench him, or limit his ice time. Unless Sutter can find a way to motivate him. But, honestly, that team in game 4 just looked like they didn't even want to play (with a few exceptions).

I'm not giving up hope, I love the Kings, but someone needs to kick them in the ass and get them in motion. You can't play 10 minutes a game and expect to win.
    I just don't see how getting Richards back is going to really make a difference. I know I'm not stupid he is going to but the reality is they played just as bad with him on the road as they did without him. I'm not trying to be negative as I want them to win just as much as you but I just don't see how they can win two raod games to win the series. Hopefully I am wrong.

2 goal Blackhawk lead over the Kings in the 1st period? This sad Sharks fan is so aroused right now.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

So you're a Blackhawks fan now? Why am I not surprised? Your first team got its ass kicked by a better team, ya know. Just felt the need to remind you. Thanks for stopping by.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

I just don't see how getting Richards back is going to really make a difference. I know I'm not stupid he is going to but the reality is they played just as bad with him on the road as they did without him. I'm not trying to be negative as I want them to win just as much as you but I just don't see how they can win two raod games to win the series. Hopefully I am wrong.
    That's why we need Richards. Hopefully we can take it in overtime. If not, well, at least we finally saw that fighting spirit.
    Women just obviously can't write creative music. They're all ripping off the Beatles, who were men. Duh.

... and glad to see Kopi finally decided to wake up.

Still a ways to go and outcome still undecided. But probably one of the best moments in Kings playoff history. Unreal.

It's a weird feeling to be interested in a sport after all this time. But it's fun. I'm really confused by this statement though:

Strained voice or not you don't fucking change the national anthem singer at this point in the playoffs.
    Could you explain? Is this, like, a luck thing or something? You don't change national anthem singers in mid-stream? Do they have one person sing the anthem for all the games in each specific playoff series? I don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    So you're a Blackhawks fan now? Why am I not surprised? Your first team got its ass kicked by a better team, ya know. Just felt the need to remind you. Thanks for stopping by.
    A Sharks season doesn't officially end until whomever eliminated us is eliminated themselves. There is not one person in the south bay who was pulling for the kings this evening so pull your head out of your ass...

Fuck the Los Angeles Kings

I'm proud of the Kings. They could have just as easily given up after the two early goals but they fought back. Even after the refs blew that tripping which led to the Chicago goal they still didn't give up. Just and unfortunate turnover (which I screamed why right as soon as Kopi? played that around the next) that led to the goal. Best road game for sure for the Kings this playoff and just an unfortunate loss. I was thinking about 2 mins prior the Kings have yet to score when they have been outplaying the Hawks in OT so Chicago is probably going to win on a fluke goal.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Could you explain? Is this, like, a luck thing or something? You don't change national anthem singers in mid-stream? Do they have one person sing the anthem for all the games in each specific playoff series? I don't get it.
    It's not a luck thing. Out of all the sports Hockey is by far the most superstitious with the things they do. When it comes to the playoffs teams will typically have one person do the national anthem for every home game. For example Chicago has been using the Opera singer guy and the Kings were using Mia Toscoti or whatever her name is. Just a superstition that if things are going so great for you at home you don't change things up. Obviously the national anthem singer doesn't decide the game but the only home game they lost all playoffs they used a different singer. It's just one of those things.

It's not a luck thing. Out of all the sports Hockey is by far the most superstitious with the things they do. When it comes to the playoffs teams will typically have one person do the national anthem for every home game. For example Chicago has been using the Opera singer guy and the Kings were using Mia Toscoti or whatever her name is. Just a superstition that if things are going so great for you at home you don't change things up. Obviously the national anthem singer doesn't decide the game but the only home game they lost all playoffs they used a different singer. It's just one of those things.
    Hockey is definitely not by far the most superstitious sport. They might not even by the most superstitious. In Baseball they won't wash their clothes, won't step on the white line and will eat the same meal everyday if it worked for them the night before.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    Hockey is definitely not by far the most superstitious sport. They might not even by the most superstitious. In Baseball they won't wash their clothes, won't step on the white line and will eat the same meal everyday if it worked for them the night before.
    Wrong, not that baseball or other sports aren't superstitious because they are but you just listed all individual things not team things. We just saw the Blackhawks and the Bruins win their conference but did we see the hawks touch the Campbell trophy or the Bruins touch the Prince of Wales trophy? No because you don't touch the trophies until you won the Stanley Cup. Just like you don't the cup until you win the cup. No other sport will players refuse to touch the conference trophy right after they win it. Also what other sport will have every single player on the team grow out a beard during the playoffs? I don't see very many beards going on in the NBA finals right now.

It was a good run, Kings. Hopefully they can come back strong for next season. trade Bernier at the draft for picks and prospects, trade for/sign a new workhorse defenseman to replace Willie Mitchell and HEAL!

Go Bruins
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    Go Bruins
    I have to route for Chicago. A so at least we can say we lost to the champs and B I just can't route for any Boston team on principal. The only one scenario I will route for a Boston team and that is when the Patriots play the Raiders and that is still very hard for me to do. Go Hawks!

I just have a bit of a soft spot for the B's after all the trades between LA and Boston several years ago.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Dustin Brown was playing on a torn PCL since game 6 of the San Jose series, Doughty has been skating on a bad ankle since the SJ series, and Justin Williams has a separated shoulder (also from the SJ series). We all know that Kopitar's been playing on a bad knee, too.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Heart of a champion

Bruins in 6.
    12/04 - Angel Olson - El Rey (?)
    12/06 - Dr. John - Royce Hall (?)
    12/14 - Cat Stevens - Nokia
    12/20 - Stevie Wonder - Forum (?)
    1/10 - Flesh Eaters - Echoplex (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Four years in a row of playoffs, two WCF and one Stanley Cup- love it! And we went out with a bang last night and playing our best road game of the playoffs. All we could ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Bruins in 6.
    Normally, I'd pull for the west and/or the team that eliminated us from contention. But having had plenty of experiences with both team's fans, I feel more inclined to pull for the Bruins at this point. Anyway, between The Blackhawks beating us and the domination of Bruins over Pens, it's clear the two best teams are there. It should be a helluva series!

I have to route for Chicago. A so at least we can say we lost to the champs and B I just can't route for any Boston team on principal. The only one scenario I will route for a Boston team and that is when the Patriots play the Raiders and that is still very hard for me to do. Go Hawks!
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    I love em too. I'm damn proud of the Kings so far this playoffs. But the goals have not been coming up to now. And, their douchey fans aside, Blackhawks have outplayed us. We got a shot at a win tonight. But we need to move the puck around better in our zone, especially when clearing and starting the break (Regehr was a disaster last game). Some sustained pressure in their zone occasionally will help too. Tall order.
    Sadly, without fixing your goal scoring problem, you'll just continue sinking down in the rankings. You have a phenomenal goaltender and a great "team defense" attitude that bails him out on most second opportunities, but as the Blackhawks showed, if you can get to Quick, the Kings just don't have an answer beyond that. I don't want to say "one trick pony" but unless the Kings can adapt to how other teams have adapted to them, the streamers you guys like to blow out after every game will be fewer and fewer in the post season.

Although, I will say that both Slava Voynov and Matt Toffoli look like absolutely amazing young prospects and there is plenty to be excited about for the future.

Tyler Toffoli should start to help that goal problem as he continues to develop

Wrong, not that baseball or other sports aren't superstitious because they are but you just listed all individual things not team things. We just saw the Blackhawks and the Bruins win their conference but did we see the hawks touch the Campbell trophy or the Bruins touch the Prince of Wales trophy? No because you don't touch the trophies until you won the Stanley Cup. Just like you don't the cup until you win the cup. No other sport will players refuse to touch the conference trophy right after they win it. Also what other sport will have every single player on the team grow out a beard during the playoffs? I don't see very many beards going on in the NBA finals right now.
    Please tell me you're kidding with the beards. You do know how many pitchers grow out their beards for the playoffs. Right?
    We can start with brian wilson and roy halladay just off the top of my head.
    Team superstitiousness (sp?) does not trump individual superstitiousness.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls