Page 58 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 2287

Thread: The NHL Thread

Default Re: The NHL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Classic Kings fan.
    Thank you. I think so too.

Now you go be a classic Shark's fan and blame everything under the sun on another loss except the obvious. I'd say you guys are as bad as Vancouver fans... but I'm not that cruel.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Any truly neutral non-Sharks non-Kings hockey fan feels like the Sharks got completely screwed over tonight.
    I dunno, I just watched the replay of that call, seemed inconclusive to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    What is the rule on blowing the play dead on a delayed penalty? I always thought it was when the team gained possession of the puck but they blew it dead when San Jose just touched it.
    it has to be possession in order to get a whistle, but often if a goaltender makes a save it's considered possession and the whistle blows.

Also, as a biased Sharks fan that has been to games at the Staples center, why the fuck is Eric Cartman a Kings fan? I get that it's LA and hollywood nearby and probably some sort of stupid contract but shouldn't he appearing on Colorado Avalanche screens? Only thing that makes sense is a strange contract, or one of those two South Park creators randomly being huge Kings fans despite all their Colorado connects.
    Matt and Trey are both kings fans. They make a few videos every year for the team.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

Classic Kings fan. Completely ignore the controversial game deciding referee call and try and draw attention to other parts of the game (which the Sharks dominated, by the way). Any truly neutral non-Sharks non-Kings hockey fan feels like the Sharks got completely screwed over tonight.
    you haven't been simply saying it was a bad call by the refs, you've been calling for the rule to go away entirely. penalties don't decide games. if anything, that call only lead to the game tying goal and the sharks crapped the bed on the second goal. to blame this loss on the refs is just silly. Kings got a chance and took advantage of it like good teams do. good teams also overcome adversity - like a call that the refs make that you don't agree with.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Bottom line, you make your own luck. Bitching about a call, especially one that is inconclusive, makes you look like a child. All of this is incredibly easy to say as a Kings fan, I know.

The kings responded to losing two close games against the Blues by taking the next four. No reason why the Sharks can't do the same.

to be honest, I don't think it was all that inconclusive at all. Vlasic bet that he could ring it high off the glass and lost. that puck never even touched Carter. at first I thought it did, but after watching the replays I'm pretty sure a good call was made. I also need to reiterate that that call wasn't made by just 1 of the refs. the 2 refs and the 2 linesmen conferred and agreed that it was a penalty.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Couple more (neutral) points. that was a terrible play by Vlasic. That puck was on its way out if it got touched by carter or not. You put yourself in these situations and force the ref to make a tough call. People watching replay after replay can't make up their mind on whether it was a penalty or not. So to expect a perfect call after seeing it once is ridiculous. If it doesn't get called, just as many people are upset.

After this and Torres, the NHL must be kings fans.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    After this and Torres, the NHL must be kings fans.
    No shit. Tell me more about why the slashing on Couture 20 seconds before the Stuart call wasn't called, but the Stuart call was. And then non-conclusively giving the Kings a 5-3. Giving any playoff team a 5-3 in the final minutes of the game is absurd, as any team in the playoffs should convert. You can say all you want about the Sharks not getting it done on the 2nd 5-4 goal but it can also be argued that they never should have even been put in that position based on the immediate prior events. And I'm not necessarily saying the rule needs to be done away entirely but most can agree it needs some revision. At least going to the tape or something. Let's stop beating this dead horse. This is attempt #3 now in this thread on me moving forward to game 3, barring a Kings fan wanting to keep talking about it.

Have fun trying to beat us in the Tank. This series isn't over until someone loses on home ice and that almost happened yesterday and I see it happening either Game 5 or 7.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

sharks will be tough to beat at home, but I think the kings can take game 4 or 5 (or both!).
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Fuck.... ....
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Women just obviously can't write creative music. They're all ripping off the Beatles, who were men. Duh.

Brace yourselves for ironic comments about late game penalties from mad Kings fans... except this time the penalties were not controversial. Other than that ridiculous giveaway by Stuart that led to the Kings only goal, this game shouldn't have even gone to overtime. Should have been a shutout. Yet everyone would still have probably just talked about how great Quick was and not his counterpart. But I digress, it's party time

Because.

Both goalies were great this game. I don't think anyone is going to argue that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Lol all this kings-sharks banter

Pittsburgh or Boston this year, sportsfans.

The cup comes back east this year. Set your alarm clocks earlier.

The only way the East beats the West is if the teams in the West kill each other before getting to the Finals.
    Women just obviously can't write creative music. They're all ripping off the Beatles, who were men. Duh.

Brace yourselves for ironic comments about late game penalties from mad Kings fans Sharks fans who are suddenly fine with late calls as long as it favors their team... except this time the penalties were not controversial just as controversial but somehow different because they totally benefited the Sharks. Other than that ridiculous giveaway by Stuart that led to the Kings only goal the somewhat ironic fact we need the refs to help us out so we could win even one game at home, this game shouldn't have even gone to overtime. Should have been a shutout with the Kings winning. Yet everyone would still have probably just talked about how great Quick was and not his counterpart because he is and we are pretty screwed facing him in a 7 game series. But I digress, it's party time
    A little editing and that post reads just fine and truthful.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

I was sad to see the Pens blow it in the last minute of the 3rd but Ottawa played a great game.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    A little editing and that post reads just fine and truthful.
    You really have no grasp on reality, but lol who cares.

Because.

in 6

Just got back from the game. Holy shit we were hanging on for dear life in the 3rd. Shots on goal at the beginning of the 3rd period was Sharks 21 Kings 10, at one point it in the third it was Sharks 22 Kings 23. I was screaming so loud during the third period my boy and I almost got into a fight with the Sharks fans in front of us!! 5 minutes left in the 3rd the sharks fan in front of us went and complained to the usher that we were being too loud, never experienced anything like that before, especially during a playoff game. Luckily every single person around us had our back and we didn't have to worry about getting kicked out. I have never heard the Tank as loud as it was during the last 90 seconds of that game and this was probably my 25th playoff game, the fuck in front of us must have hated it. Sharks in 7.

Winnah!

3-0, mo-fos.

Just finished watching the recorded game and holy shit the refs screwed the kings out of OT. Not saying the Sharks didn't deserve to win because they were the better team for the vast majority of the game but wow. Also some horrible officiating I thought. First you had them blow the play dead for the sharks on a rebound off of Quick. Then they blew that whistle dead that prevented a should have been goal. And then I still trying to figure out how that was an interference penalty on the Sharks shortly after. I'm assuming it was a make up call but the refs should at least make that on a call that at least looks like a penalty. I don't know if the Kings are really just missing Stoll that badly but they just haven't looked the same since he has been gone. This series looks like it is coming down to who ever can get that first road win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Just finished watching the recorded game and holy shit the refs screwed the kings out of OT. Not saying the Sharks didn't deserve to win because they were the better team for the vast majority of the game but wow. Also some horrible officiating I thought. First you had them blow the play dead for the sharks on a rebound off of Quick. Then they blew that whistle dead that prevented a should have been goal. And then I still trying to figure out how that was an interference penalty on the Sharks shortly after. I'm assuming it was a make up call but the refs should at least make that on a call that at least looks like a penalty. I don't know if the Kings are really just missing Stoll that badly but they just haven't looked the same since he has been gone. This series looks like it is coming down to who ever can get that first road win.
    Fortunately, the kings don't need a road win. The refs were so bad both ways, it's laughable. Hopefully that 3rd period intensity carries over to game five. I'll be at the game screaming my head off. LKG!

I think this series is going to come down to goaltending. Pure and simple.

To be honest, it could very well come down to the refs. They have been bad both ways. Whoever they screw over last will lose.

tough breaks for LA with the quick whistle and the missed open net, but you can't play 30 minutes and expect to win.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Really similar game to Game 1 (the score being most obvious) except that the Kings were even better in this game than they were in the first game. When its all said and done I think Quick is on track to the Hall of Fame, what a stud. Game 2 is really going to come back to haunt us I fear, that will wind up being the game we absolutely had to steal because coming away with a W in Game 7 is going to be a nightmare.

EDIT: Empty net goal had yet to be scored when I wrote this.

Well unfortunately the Sharks decided to show up for zero minutes this game. This strategy will not bode well for us. Home ice Sharks in 7 rabble rabble

Because.

whoever the fuck in 7

The Sharks played fine. They just couldn't handle Quick, or the over 50 hits the Kings put on them. Give credit where credit is due. The Kings played dominant hockey.

You could always blame the refs again.

Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    The Sharks played fine
    are you retarded?