Page 57 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 2287

Thread: The NHL Thread

Default Re: The NHL Thread

Wow, amazing comeback I would say. Though I do think that the kings got lucky with that delay of game though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Yeah WTF. I was watching the TSN broadcast and I didn't hear if the call was correct either way. Was it a deflection, or was Vlasic the last person to touch the puck and a correct delay of game call? Kings fans, if you don't objectively know the answer don't attempt to answer
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Yeah WTF. I was watching the TSN broadcast and I didn't hear if the call was correct either way. Was it a deflection, or was Vlasic the last person to touch the puck and a correct delay of game call? Kings fans, if you don't objectively know the answer don't attempt to answer
    It's was one of those if they were allowed to review it then it would have gone with the original call. Not enough evidence to change the ruling either way. I thought it looked like it hit him but you couldn't really tell either way by the angles they were showing. It was very close though.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Wow, Sharks. You were 2:41 away from stealing Game 2 on the road. And you send two guys to the box?

Crushing blows, if ever there were.
    SAN JOSE SHARTS PLAYOFF HOCKEY! IF that's not a nasty fucking Shart then I don't know what is, my decision to go see Star Trek was warranted, I've watched enough Sharts playoff games over the years to know its not even worth watching. What a crushing loss, one you don't recover from.

the first replay they showed on NBC looked like it went off Carter's shoulder but the second replay looked like it went over clean.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

I see it differently. After getting outplayed Game 1, then dominating the Kings in Game 2 but the ref's deciding otherwise, I see the Sharks winning 4 straight. Hockey gods know we can win 4 straight. Also upon review that fucking puck was deflected. At home ice we get to wear black jerseys and have calls go our way when a puck defects off of us. That call and game outcome aside, the delay of game penalty is a retarded one and needs revision. Or review. Something. Too many game outcomes decided on errant human officiating from that rule.

Because.

I'm a Kings fan, and I honestly can see that call going either way. It wasn't "obviously" deflected. It was just a bad play, either way. The series isn't over, but I don't see the Sharks winning four straight. Great comeback win, regardless. The Kings were dominating that period, and it most likely would have gone to overtime even without that delay of game penalty.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Women just obviously can't write creative music. They're all ripping off the Beatles, who were men. Duh.

The hockey gods hate us, what else could explain crushing defeat after crushing defeat every year in the POs. I agree though that we can win the next two at home but that's a big fucking hill to climb, we need to come out game 3 and win like 5-0 and carry that momentum to game 4. At this point I don't think things can get any worse. Only two things can happen we either make this a series which would be exciting or we lose the series which I've already accepted

I would say the Sharks dominated the first two periods but the kings was the much better team in the 3rd. Let's face it if Quick isn't blocked by his own teammate he probably gets there to stop that third goal from happening. And bullshit to you saying it was obviously off of Carter. While I agree and think it probably was there was nothing obvious about it. Depending on the angle of the replays they showed it either did or didn't hit him.

Like I said this game aside, it's a dumb fucking game-changing rule that needs revision. I'm ok with that first Stuart call, but in the final minutes of a game a human ref can't possibly deduce real-time with 100% certainty either way on wither to dish out a 5-3 for the team that is down by a goal and already on the powerplay. I'm used to being a very sad and pathetic Sharks playoff fan and convincing myself there's still hope. So there's still hope. But worst comes to worst I hope the Blackhawks legit rape the Kings. Like they hide in a bush, wait for the Kings to come jogging along, jump those fuckers, and straight up rape them behind a tree before tossing their dead carcass into the lake.

Because.

Between the reputation based Torres suspension, the call against Vlasic that should've gone to a face off and nothing more, and the fact that ESPN is actually giving 2 shits about this series...i'm bothered. No way in hell the Kings take anything out of the shark tank come saturday and havlat will be back...

Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    SAN JOSE SHARTS PLAYOFF HOCKEY! IF that's not a nasty fucking Shart then I don't know what is, my decision to go see Star Trek was warranted, I've watched enough Sharts playoff games over the years to know its not even worth watching. What a crushing loss, one you don't recover from.
    Move out of my city you backed-up cunt.

Just calling it like I see it, trust me I would love to see the sharks hoist the cup but you can't blind yourself to the fact that they shit the bed every fucking year

Knock off the 'Sharts' shit, grow a dick and have some fucking pride. Go cheer for the Sabres otherwise...

these delay of game calls are one of the few that the ref making the call can conference with the linesmen and the other ref. either they all had a clearer view than we did or none of them were able to say conclusively that the puck was deflected. here's video:

Vlasic clearly lifted the puck and wasn't just going for the boards. it was already a bit of a knuckleball the moment it left his stick. after watching a few times, I'm going to say good call.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

I used to have pride but being a Sharks fan has stripped me of whatever pride I had left

But sorry for pissing you off, it was a tough loss, maybe some day experiencing all these tough losses will make they day they finally win it all be that much more exhilarating.

Like I said this game aside, it's a dumb fucking game-changing rule that needs revision. I'm ok with that first Stuart call, but in the final minutes of a game a human ref can't possibly deduce real-time with 100% certainty either way on wither to dish out a 5-3 for the team that is down by a goal and already on the powerplay.
    I agree it is a stupid rule and on plays like that they should be able to go and review it. However if you look at the angles you can't tell either way if it hit or didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    I agree it is a stupid rule and on plays like that they should be able to go and review it. However if you look at the angles you can't tell either way if it hit or didn't.
    I guess in general we'll agree. The mere fact that you can't tell either way emphasizes the fact that you can't make that sort of call when you aren't 100% sure. Especially when the home team down by 1 already is on the power play. Speaking of home team down by 1, I understand calling Stuart, obvious call, but you also have to call that hooking seconds earlier, or call neither. Should have been 5 on 5 or 4 on 4, never the a 5-4 leading to 5-3. But whatever, hockey gods will continue to hate. Kings got their home ice and now it's the Sharks turn to do the same. Kings do not play well at the Tank.

Because.

What is the rule on blowing the play dead on a delayed penalty? I always thought it was when the team gained possession of the puck but they blew it dead when San Jose just touched it.

And yes the series is still far from over. Just look at the last series with the blues.

Also, as a biased Sharks fan that has been to games at the Staples center, why the fuck is Eric Cartman a Kings fan? I get that it's LA and hollywood nearby and probably some sort of stupid contract but shouldn't he appearing on Colorado Avalanche screens? Only thing that makes sense is a strange contract, or one of those two South Park creators randomly being huge Kings fans despite all their Colorado connects.

Because.

Also, as a biased Sharks fan that has been to games at the Staples center, why the fuck is Eric Cartman a Kings fan? I get that it's LA and hollywood nearby and probably some sort of stupid contract but shouldn't he be a Colorado fan? Only thing that makes sense is a strange contract, or one of those two South Park creators randomly being huge Kings fans despite all their Colorado connects.
    As a Kings fan I've wondered this since they first started doing it at Kings games like 10 years ago. They also do it with the Denver nuggets which makes total sense but yeah I have no fucking clue. Not to mention it is annoying as hell.

Sharks are 0-8 when trailing a series 0-2, just saying. Series is actually pretty close to being over. Having said that I'm going all in, Sharks in 7

What is the rule on blowing the play dead on a delayed penalty? I always thought it was when the team gained possession of the puck but they blew it dead when San Jose just touched it.
    If I understand what you're asking, the team that committed the penalty just has to touch the puck, instant whistle. Only way the team that pulled their goalie gives up a goal on a delayed penalty is if they put it in themselves.
    Last edited by ManImCool; 05-16-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Because.

Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    I used to have pride but being a Sharks fan has stripped me of whatever pride I had left

Dude I'm an Islanders fan and I still have tons of pride. Quit the fucking whining.

Except the Islanders have a history of winning. I mean four straight cups isn't exactly something that any team just does.

If Nabby gets to hoist the Cup before someone in teal does then I'll start whining. Kind of. Love Nabby. Glad to see the Islanders relevant again.

Because.

That was a bad whistle. But, it all worked out in the end. The only person that touched the puck from the Sharks was the goalie, but it bounced off him and the Kings passed it back out without a Shark touching it. But, whatevs. I was upset at the time... Human error is a part of sports. IMO, if you're truly winning the game, the refs can rarely change that. There was always something more that could have been done.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Women just obviously can't write creative music. They're all ripping off the Beatles, who were men. Duh.

I see it differently. After getting outplayed Game 1, then dominating the Kings in Game 2 but the ref's deciding otherwise, I see the Sharks winning 4 straight. Hockey gods know we can win 4 straight. Also upon review that fucking puck was deflected. At home ice we get to wear black jerseys and have calls go our way when a puck defects off of us. That call and game outcome aside, the delay of game penalty is a retarded one and needs revision. Or review. Something. Too many game outcomes decided on errant human officiating from that rule.
    Please stop blaming the refs. Sharks played well but not well enough to win. You at least had a chance at OT and you they didn't man up to stop the rush. That's on the team, not the refs. And no, you can't win 4 in a row against the Kings right now. Maybe the Blackhawks could do that. Not this Sharks team.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Please stop blaming the refs. Sharks played well but not well enough to win. You at least had a chance at OT and you they didn't man up to stop the rush. That's on the team, not the refs. And no, you can't win 4 in a row against the Kings right now. Maybe the Blackhawks could do that. Not this Sharks team.
    Classic Kings fan. Completely ignore the controversial game deciding referee call and try and draw attention to other parts of the game (which the Sharks dominated, by the way). Any truly neutral non-Sharks non-Kings hockey fan feels like the Sharks got completely screwed over tonight. Also love that you're already accepting a potential sweep by the BHawks.

But whatever, hockey gods will continue to hate. Kings got their home ice and now it's the Sharks turn to do the same. Kings do not play well at the Tank.
    Even on the losing end of this BS I've still moved on - try and do the same with some objective intelligence.

Because.