Page 44 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 2287

Thread: The NHL Thread

Default Re: The NHL Thread

I just came here to post the Gagne news, too! my guess is that Sutter probably realizes that this series may start to see more desperation from NJ and wants to be able to take advantage of the power plays that might result from a desperate NJ team. putting Gagne on the 4th line lets him ease back into the game without as much pressure.

Brown, Scuderi and Williams all supposedly have pretty serious injuries that they are playing through, surprised it's Richardson that gets the scratch.

Brown hasn't been the same since the hit by Hanzal. He would have been the clear choice for the Conn Smythe (assuming the Kings go on to win) before that hit. Now I have to think Quick has regained the lead but doughty sure is making a case too.

GO KINGS GO!!!!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post

post in here on game day to remind me and I can set you up with an online stream. I think you have to have 4g to stream with verizon and there may be a fee.
    Tried looking into using the vipbox site, but believe it requires flash, will try that one again closer to game time. I have a great wifi connection here at the hospital, so let me know of any other sites that may be worth trying.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Tried looking into using the vipbox site, but believe it requires flash, will try that one again closer to game time. I have a great wifi connection here at the hospital, so let me know of any other sites that may be worth trying.
    will do! many of them will require flash but if you're trying to watch on an iphone many of the sites that stream have an iphone app that you can use to stream.

Blatantly rippsed off from the Kings game Day Thread:
    FREE Online Video Streams : FirstRowSports.eu : myp2p.eu : SportLEMON.tv : ChanFeed.com : AtdheNet.TV : atdhe.tv : LiveStreamHunter.tv : hockeywebcasts.com : Yahoo Online Stream : HockeyStreams.com {Pay-Site} * (links to online feeds provided but not guaranteed to always be active or working.)
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

I just came here to post the Gagne news, too! my guess is that Sutter probably realizes that this series may start to see more desperation from NJ and wants to be able to take advantage of the power plays that might result from a desperate NJ team. putting Gagne on the 4th line lets him ease back into the game without as much pressure.

Brown, Scuderi and Williams all supposedly have pretty serious injuries that they are playing through, surprised it's Richardson that gets the scratch.

Brown hasn't been the same since the hit by Hanzal. He would have been the clear choice for the Conn Smythe (assuming the Kings go on to win) before that hit. Now I have to think Quick has regained the lead but doughty sure is making a case too.

GO KINGS GO!!!!
    The Brown thing may have to do with the C on his chest. He can't stay out here unless it's just impossible for him to go. I do think he's hurt, but I also think he's less noticeable in this series because of the match ups.

The Gagne thing has to be for PP purposes (I like your assessment on the Devil's potential desperation). Anyway, our PP can't get any worse, can it? The logic may be that as long as Gagne doesn't hurt the fourth line's productivity, it's worth having him try to stuff a couple in on the PP.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

haha, I'd hate to see *if* the power play could get any worse!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

There are singles in Premiere for tonight available NOW at TM. Not cheap but better than most other options!
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Anyone else think Tim Thomas is taking a year (or more) off because he's stuck in that cab? Damn you Peggy!!

• 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Great kill on the 5 on 3 and double minor!

Gagne has looked pretty good so far. Good call, Sutter.

Brown seems to have found his second or third wind, he seems to be picking up his game and leading some pretty good rushes up ice.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

four
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Wow.
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum
    10/10 - Thurston Moore/Sebadoh - Echoplex (?)
    10/11 - BADBADNOTGOOD - Echoplex (?)
    10/12 - IAMX - Complex
    10/13 - Oren Ambarchi - Jewels Catch One

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

what a game! Quick in beast mode, Kopitar with 2 beautiful goals and an assist and 2 power play goals!!! Gagne and Brown looked great!

I need to be there!!! Tomorrow's mission is to figure out how I can get off work thursday and leave early wednesday to watch the game at LA Live.

GO KINGS GO!!!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Cannot be stopped, Quick for MVP
    The Replacements --> The Knife --> Outkast

I was all set to come in and talk about how "the Kings really got away with one there with that first goal" but then............

Nothing short of amazing. 4 Goals, 2 on the PP. Quick is a beast. Firing on all cylinders. It all seems unreal. You could just see NJ falling apart. They looked very desperate the second half of tonight's game. I am not sure they have anything left.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Women just obviously can't write creative music. They're all ripping off the Beatles, who were men. Duh.

What did you guys think of Gagne's performance? Live, it looked like he hadn't been away long at all. I liked some of the pressure he put out there. He may not have been a key player tonight but definitely an interesting move on the chess board by Sutter.

FUCK JERSEY

Awesome shot, Chris.

I think Quick will probably get MVP if things hold, as is. But imo Drew Doughty deserves it. Suffocating D, punishing checks and a legit scoring threat to go end to end every time he touches the ice. Both Brownie and Kopi deserve consideration as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Awesome shot, Chris.

I think Quick will probably get MVP if things hold, as is. But imo Drew Doughty deserves it. Suffocating D, punishing checks and a legit scoring threat to go end to end every time he touches the ice. Both Brownie and Kopi deserve consideration as well.
    You're crazy. It's Quick. All Quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheres the beef? View Post
    You're crazy. It's Quick. All Quick.
    I'm on your side. Quick's shut out tonight solidifies it. But he has not faced the same challenges in the NJ series he did in either St Louis or Vanc. The constant has been Doughty. And even in St Louis/Van series, Quick was very good, but not needed to save his team from total defeat. He did steal a couple of important ones in there. Anyway, I know he'll get the award. Still think it is Doughty who deserves it.

Fuck the Kings. This series can easliy be in Jersey's favor if they could put some in the empty net.

Awesome shot, Chris.

Although Brown is a good candidate. This team would be nowhere without quick.

Quote Originally Posted by hendrixfan143 View Post
    Fuck the Kings. This series can easliy be in Jersey's favor if they could put some in the empty net.
    This is true the Devils have had plenty of missed chances in the first two games.

Brown was a good candidate prior to this series. He has been pretty much neutralized thus far this series. It was an 80% chance it was going to Quick prior to this game, but assuming the Kings don't pull the biggest choke in history Quick claimed it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

What did you guys think of Gagne's performance? Live, it looked like he hadn't been away long at all. I liked some of the pressure he put out there. He may not have been a key player tonight but definitely an interesting move on the chess board by Sutter.
    I thought he played pretty well with the limited minutes. I think being another piece on the chess board was enough to keep the Devil's defense on the ice for an extra minute or 2 and let Sutter get the matchups he wanted. I know the Kings had the last change, but when they changed to the fourth line on the fly and had the puck in the offensive zone, they were able to get some of the few cycles going. It also seemed to open up the ice a bit for Brown, he had a big game after dropping off in the finals.

I think you're right about Quick. He hasn't had to carry the team as much for a little while now, but the shutout and game saving saves in the first 3 games pretty much gives him the Conn Smythe. Doughty and Kopitar are doing their best to make a case for themselves, but Jonathan Quick, or should I say Vezina Smythe, is a big reason this team made the playoffs and had so much confidence.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Very John Madden-esque of ya there!

Devils have really only scored 1 goal. Their first goal was a bounce off of Voynov's chest.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

I thought he played pretty well with the limited minutes. I think being another piece on the chess board was enough to keep the Devil's defense on the ice for an extra minute or 2 and let Sutter get the matchups he wanted. I know the Kings had the last change, but when they changed to the fourth line on the fly and had the puck in the offensive zone, they were able to get some of the few cycles going. It also seemed to open up the ice a bit for Brown, he had a big game after dropping off in the finals.

I think you're right about Quick. He hasn't had to carry the team as much for a little while now, but the shutout and game saving saves in the first 3 games pretty much gives him the Conn Smythe. Doughty and Kopitar are doing their best to make a case for themselves, but Jonathan Quick, or should I say Vezina Smythe, is a big reason this team made the playoffs and had so much confidence.
    vezina is for reg season play, so I would not say he was a lock for it. Smythe for sure

Very John Madden-esque of ya there!

Devils have really only scored 1 goal. Their first goal was a bounce off of Voynov's chest.
    The first two games they were beat from the start, but dominated the second half and overtime. Both games a devil had a chance to end it in the final minutes of the game, would be a completely different series.

vezina is for reg season play, so I would not say he was a lock for it. Smythe for sure
    I'm aware that it's a regular season award, and yes, he should be a lock for it. He should have been a Hart nominee as well.

The first two games they were beat from the start, but dominated the second half and overtime. Both games a devil had a chance to end it in the final minutes of the game, would be a completely different series.
    but they didn't, and they have really only scored 1 goal in the 3 games this series despite having a huge advantage in power play time. the John Madden thing was for going on a limb by implying that "the team that scores the most goals will win". in other words, I was kidding
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Rinne was 1st in many categories for reg season play. quick although amazing, was not.

Rinne was 1st in many categories for reg season play. quick although amazing, was not.
    Rinne was only first in wins and it's because he played almost every game. Smith had better numbers than Rinne and should have been the 3rd nominee. Quick led in shutouts and was second in save percentage and GAA. Rinne really isn't in consideration and should be thankful he made it into the top 3 finalists. this race is between Quick and Lundqvist and arguments can be made for both.

Rinne led the NHL with 43 wins, while Quick led in shutouts with a team-record 10, while Lundqvist tied for the league lead (for goalies who played more than 40 games) with a .930 save percentage. All three of this year's nominees are still alive in the postseason, although Lundqvist is in a Game 7 Thursday night (7:30 ET, NBC Sports Network) against the Ottawa Senators.

Phoenix Coyotes goalie Mike Smith is probably the goalie with the right to feel snubbed in the balloting. His .930 save percentage and 2.21 goals-against average were the better than Rinne's numbers. He had a record of 38-18-10. Rinne had a 2.38 goals-against average and .922 save percentage.

Quick and Lundqvist both had goals-against average under 2.00. Smith and Lundqvist both had eight shutouts, and Rinne had five.

Rinne was among the NHL's busiest netminders this season, leading the NHL in shots faced (2,153) and saves (1,987), tying for first place in appearances (73) and ranking second in starts (72) and minutes played (4,168:52)
    Last edited by scenicworld; 06-05-2012 at 02:23 PM.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014