Default Re: The NHL Thread

yes!!!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

BOO!!

Oh well....on to the next one. Go Sens Go!!
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Thank you LA

Well, at least no cars were flipped over.

There is lots of speculation we are going to get rid of Luongo. I honestly don't even care at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

KINGSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.thescenestar.com

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Don't ever include Thrice in a fucking Sigur Ros thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Maybe more people would give a shit if he died two weekends in a row.

LET'S GO COY-OTES

Mike Smith is such a fucking stud. His work in the first period tonight was amazing. The Blackhawks were madmen attacking the puck and rushing the net. 1st peiod shots on goal: Chicago 16, Phoenix 2. Score at 1st intermission: Chicago 0, Phoenix 0. That really had to be disheartening for them, especially considering what utter pussies they are.

Score now in the 3rd period: Phoenix 2, Chicago 0. Knock on wood motherfuckers. damn.

The game isn't listed anywhere on my cable package. I had to manually flip through each station until I found the game. It's on the "Comcast Community Channel." Fuckers.

EDIT* I went to go take a dump and we scored two more goals. Excellent.
    Last edited by Gribbz; 04-23-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

it was on CNBC for me, lol

Congrats Coyotes! see ya in the Western Conference Finals ;-)
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

After 15 years I can't believe this day is finally here. Yes, it's only the first round but it still feels freakin' amazing. AAAAWWWWWOOOOO!!!!!!!

And I'll admit I nearly choked up when I saw the smile on Doaner's face. So happy for him. To say he deserves this would be a huge understatement.
    10/1-The Gaslight Anthem (Marquee Theatre)
    10/10-12-Austin City Limits Weekend 2
    10/24-Warpaint (The Pressrom)
    10/25-Arctic Monkeys (Comerica Theatre)
    10/30-Queens of the Stone Age (AZ State Fair)
    10/30-Jimmy Eat World (Marquee Theatre)
    11/3-Yelle (Crescent Ballroom)
    11/10-The Black Keys (US Airways Center)
    11/12-Judas Priest (Jobing.com Arena)
    4/10-12-Coachella Weekend 1

Weirdest playoffs ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    The game isn't listed anywhere on my cable package. I had to manually flip through each station until I found the game. It's on the "Comcast Community Channel." Fuckers.

EDIT* I went to go take a dump and we scored two more goals. Excellent.
    it was on Fox Sports Plus here.

that 2nd goal by Brule was so beautiful and just broke Chicago's spirit. Then that Hayes fucker puts a dirty cheap shot on Rozsival that made Raffi's look like a gentlemanly nudge. 2 goals during the 5 minute major. Fuck you Blackhawks, you bunch of lightweight pretty boys. You couldn't win a single playoff game on your own ice. You cheap shot in every game and yet get all righteously indignant over Maryann Hossa not being aware of what was going on right in front of him. Torres may have gotten 25 games, but you got the rest of the season off. Go fuck your ugly sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    it was on Fox Sports Plus here.

that 2nd goal by Brule was so beautiful and just broke Chicago's spirit. Then that Hayes fucker puts a dirty cheap shot on Rozsival that made Raffi's look like a gentlemanly nudge. 2 goals during the 5 minute major. Fuck you Blackhawks, you bunch of lightweight pretty boys. You couldn't win a single playoff game on your own ice. You cheap shot in every game and yet get all righteously indignant over Maryann Hossa not being aware of what was going on right in front of him. Torres may have gotten 25 games, but you got the rest of the season off. Go fuck your ugly sisters.
    That Hayes guy took their entire season and flushed it down the toilet. Congrats to the Coyotes.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    Weirdest playoffs ever.
    I think this type of thing is going to be more typical moving forward. There's so much parity in this league that once you get in to the tournament anything can happen.

I don't follow the East too much but this year certainly feels like a changing of the guard in the West. All the old favorites are out and the young upstarts are starting to take the reins.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    There is lots of speculation we are going to get rid of Luongo. I honestly don't even care at this point.
    Schneider pretty much already made the decision for the Canucks. Luongo is probably going to be dealt on draft day for a mid-round first and a salary dump player. On a similar note, Quick probably made the Bernier decision for the Kings, so they will probably re-sign Quick in July and deal Bernier with a package for a top line left wing.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

I watched the Kings game yesterday in a canadian dominated sports bar with some buddies...haha some dudes actually knocked shit off their tables n shit they were so pissed...GO KINGS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sk8njam View Post
    I watched the Kings game yesterday in a canadian dominated sports bar with some buddies...haha some dudes actually knocked shit off their tables n shit they were so pissed...GO KINGS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
    This is great news!

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    Schneider pretty much already made the decision for the Canucks. Luongo is probably going to be dealt on draft day for a mid-round first and a salary dump player. On a similar note, Quick probably made the Bernier decision for the Kings, so they will probably re-sign Quick in July and deal Bernier with a package for a top line left wing.
    But won't any potential buyers have to pay his ridiculous contract? I'm thinking the Canucks are going to have to actually "sweeten" the deal.

that's why I say it would be part of a salary dump coming the other way. bad contract for bad contract and each team fills a need and the players get a change of pace. someone will definitely pick up Luongo if he's available for a deal like that.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

how do you like them apples...

I was rooting for Boston. oh well.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Fuck Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Blues, Predators, Rangers, Devils

These are my picks, I am guessing it will actually go Kings, Predators, Rangers, Flyers.

There is not going to be too many people watching this year
    Last edited by stinkbutt; 04-26-2012 at 10:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I just want this day to move quickly so I can be at Jobing.com Arena and experience the second round for the first time. My blood pressure sky rocketed during the first round. I can't imagine what the second round will do to me. Hopefully I don't suffer heart failure at the age of 25.

All of my hate from the 1998 series where Geoff Courtnal took a run at Storr and O'Donnell got a 5 minute major for fighting which let the Blues come back from 3-0 to win 4-3 is coming back. not to say the Kings would have won that series since they were outplayed in all of the other games, but I've hated Courtnall ever since then.

I wish the LA/STL game started today. I have plans tomorrow and will probably miss the game. or I could just cancel my date. he should know better than to make plans during the Stanley Cup Playoffs when the Kings are in the second round!!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Footsteps86 View Post
    I just want this day to move quickly so I can be at Jobing.com Arena and experience the second round for the first time. My blood pressure sky rocketed during the first round. I can't imagine what the second round will do to me. Hopefully I don't suffer heart failure at the age of 25.
    I'm thinking about trying to get tix for Sunday. Playoff hockey is so fucking intense.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I'm thinking about trying to get tix for Sunday. Playoff hockey is so fucking intense.
    Do it! Playoff hockey is the best.

Get tickets and encourage everyone you know to get tickets. I can already hear the Canadian fans running their mouths once they see Game 1 isn't a sell out. The upper level is sold out, but there are quite a few seats left in the lower bowl for tonight. I hope it does sell out by the time the puck drops, but I won't get my hopes up. As a native I hate how much of a bandwagon/transplant town we are.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Blues, Predators, Rangers, Devils

These are my picks, I am guessing it will actually go Kings, Predators, Rangers, Flyers.

There is not going to be too many people watching this year
    I think the coyotes can take the predators. But the blues/kings is a toss up for me. Why do you think the blues will best the kings?

And you're probably right that the national audience might lose interest overall, but I think it's offset by success in markets like nashville and phoenix. Nothing builds a fan base like playoff wins.

Either way, it's a sad testament to the cluelessness of the typical american sports fan.

Quote Originally Posted by theresalwaysone View Post
    But the blues/kings is a toss up for me. Why do you think the blues will best the kings?
    St Louis has only scored 1 goal against Quick this year in the 3 games they played. I know they didn't have Andy Mac at the time and that he's been playing well for them, but they still only managed to get one goal passed Quick.
    Last edited by scenicworld; 04-27-2012 at 09:49 AM. Reason: changed from LA to Quick since I forgot Bernier played one game.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Footsteps86 View Post
    Get tickets and encourage everyone you know to get tickets. I can already hear the Canadian fans running their mouths once they see Game 1 isn't a sell out. The upper level is sold out, but there are quite a few seats left in the lower bowl for tonight. I hope it does sell out by the time the puck drops, but I won't get my hopes up. As a native I hate how much of a bandwagon/transplant town we are.
    I just looked at seats for tonight, there are really just a few tix available lower bowl, probably around 100* seats total, so I think it should sell out.

and now, damn, I kind of want to go tonight.

* edit - eh the lower corners are less full than I realized. There are probably several hundred available in total.
    Last edited by TomAz; 04-27-2012 at 10:30 AM.