Page 10 of 77 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Thread

Default Re: The NHL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    LOL "Dodged a bullet". Please. The Kings will be lucky to get even 1 win before their inevitable first round exit.

Well, we have a better shot of getting that "1" vs San Jose than we did against Vancouver. Tell ya what though, cap'n- put your money where your mouth is! I'll do ya a simple bet straight up against San Jose. Message me if interested!

Worth noting we did play against Vanc reasonably well last year in 1st round. But yea, no Williams or Kopi it's hard to see us making a whole lotta noise this year. Best hope is someone gets caught looking past us. Quick is one of the best young goalies in the league. And if Doughty can stop whining, there is enough depth a defense to make some team sweat a bit.

Btw, I've been to about 34 games this year. Detroit, if they can get enough D, is my pick to win. Datsyuk is magic.

Oh- and hope to see you at Coachella! I got a new cell. Will send number over to ya.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Ugh, schedule just announced. Now I have to decided between Friday night Coachella and Game 2 since I am a season ticket holder. I knew this would happen since we got 4th seed.
    Coachella 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12[1+2], 13[1+2]

Quote Originally Posted by Redundant567 View Post
    Ugh, schedule just announced. Now I have to decided between Friday night Coachella and Game 2 since I am a season ticket holder. I knew this would happen since we got 4th seed.
    As a fellow season tix holder I feel ya. While we were playing the Ducks last night, I have to admit that secretly I wasn't hating the idea of a road start with Coachella just around the corner. I'll be back in plenty of time for Tuesday's Kings home game with SJ.

Schedule link

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=558669
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    As a fellow season tix holder I feel ya. While we were playing the Ducks last night, I have to admit that secretly I wasn't hating the idea of a road start with Coachella just around the corner. I'll be back in plenty of time for Tuesday's Kings home game with SJ.

Schedule link

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=558669
    Well at least we are only missing 2 games due to coachella.
    Last edited by Wheres the beef?; 04-11-2011 at 04:29 PM.

here's to hoping the ducks can put an end to nashville's streak. Too bad I'll miss 2 games this weekend, but I have tickets for home game #3 the friday after coach!

Yes~! It's sad these two teams have to meet in the first round, it should be a great matchup though. The RPG line is doing amazing right now, and if they can get past Nashville's Defense we should get through to the next round.

It really sucks with the timing and having to miss Home Game 2 on Friday, I will be at the game tomorrow night (and next fri as well!), but I hate missing any of them. Coachella always conflicts. A good thing though is the Sunday away game is on in the early afternoon, so perhaps I can catch some of it.

Nashville freaking throttling the Ducks right now!

so is Vancouver gonna finally beat the Blackhawks and maybe win their first Stanley Cup?
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Well, they certainly have all the pieces to get it done. Luongo looks good and the ginger twins are on fire. But I sincerely hope they fail since the farking bandwagon rolled out this last regular season and their fans made asses of themselves whenever we played them. Only fans I had more trouble with were the damn bandwagon Blackhawks fans- several of whom were ejected the last time around. They deserve each other in the 1st round if only for the sake of one being eliminated immediately.

I miss those carefree days back in January and February when the Flyers could actually score goals.

Well at least the Ducks tied it up thats all I can say, and guarantees me a Game 5 to attend.

Some of the outcomes of these games are surprising, its going to be interesting to see how the first Round ends up.

so Friday I saw a woman at Coachella with CANUCKS IN 4 painted in big red letters on her arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I find it hard to believe that Chris Kunitz only got a one game suspension for his elbow to the head of Simon Gagne. I admit that I'm biased because I will always consider Simon Gagne to be a Flyer, but even though he got up from that hit, it was still a dangerous one, especially considering Gagne's concussion history.

But as much as I dislike the Pens, I was even more surprised that Downie only got a one game suspension for Supermanning himself into Lovejoy and plowing Lovejoy into the boards. When he did the same thing in 2007 as a Flyer, he got a 20 game suspension. Granted, Lovejoy was able to get back up, but if one hit is worth a 20 game suspension, there is no way the same illegal hit that just happens to not result in an injury nets only a 1 game suspension.

You go in the water. Sharks in the water.

WTF Kings?!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

dieeeeee

James Neal actually scored a goal during 5 on 5! YAY!
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

chris why were you wearing a penguins shirt on sunday?
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I'm all about the Pens. Ever since I play NHL 96 on super nintendo and won the cup. Ahh memories. Basically I'm not a fan of any LA teams besides UCLA and the Galaxy. Pens, Yankees, Bulls and Cowboys. I was a 90's band wagoner (except I did live in NYC a few years) but I stick through hard times as well. I love the teams everyone hates!
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

no one hates the Pens, do they?

but yeah. Fuck the yankees, fuck the cowboys.

Not really. People really hate Crosby though. They market him like Jesus in Italy. Too bad though. He has the best work ethic ever. All he has to do is say "yeah I think I wanna be good at _____" and he just does it.
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

I'm an Islanders fan and yes I hate the Pens, but I don't really hate Crosby. And also am a fan of Asham of course. Why the Flyers didn't pick him back up for another year is beyond me. However, Cooke, Kennedy, Godard & Talbot can all suck it.

Also, am a big Red Wings fan. Have been so ever since Fedorov & Lindstrom's rookie seasons. So, go Red Wings! Let's get Lindstrom one last cup.

The kings got fucked in the ass and luongo is broken.
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

Okay, Flyers. I never expected OT the way you played that first period, but you better pull this one out.

Yay sabers! Sorry buddy. Pens for life.
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

The Ducks just fucked up. Pretty funny.
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

They better win this.

*edit* MOTHERFFUCKER
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

SHARKS

Tomorrow the sharks will do the deed and put the kings to bed...