Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 71727374757677 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 2285

Thread: The NHL Thread

Default Re: The NHL Thread

Hahahah! Yea, sure we do. It is way too early to think we're a shoe in for the Cup. But the refs are the reason Kings are up 2-0? BS. How bout they're up because we're the best team in the west. And we beat the stink off your team. Just wanted to remind you of that. 4 in a row. Now go away.
    Last edited by sonnyboy11; 06-08-2014 at 02:30 PM.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

How strange did it feel to walk through 42nd and Broadway and see a giant Will Ferrell shouting "Go Kings Go!"
    We are so funny. This is why everyone loves us.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    The refs who called last nights game earned every death threat they have coming their way. Any Kings fan worth a shit knows they got away with one.

Blowing a two point lead in the 3rd period isn't a reffing error.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Hahahah! Yea, sure we do. It is way too early to think we're a shoe in for the Cup. But the refs are the reason Kings are up 2-0? BS. How bout they're up because we're the best team in the west. And we beat the stink off your team. Just wanted to remind you of that. 4 in a row. Now go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Packer View Post

Blowing a two point lead in the 3rd period isn't a reffing error.

Pay attention dickeater A and dickeater B, sound it out...

69.1 Interference on the Goalkeeper - This rule is based on the premise that an attacking player’s position, whether inside or outside the crease, should not, by itself, determine whether a goal should be allowed or disallowed. In other words, goals scored while attacking players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed. Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact. The rule will be enforced exclusively in accordance with the on-ice judgment of the Referee(s), and not by means of video replay or review.

For purposes of this rule, “contact,” whether incidental or otherwise, shall mean any contact that is made between or among a goalkeeper and attacking player(s), whether by means of a stick or any part of the body.

The overriding rationale of this rule is that a goalkeeper should have the ability to move freely within his goal crease without being hindered by the actions of an attacking player. If an attacking player enters the goal crease and, by his actions, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

If an attacking player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by a defending player so as to cause him to come into contact with the goalkeeper, such contact will not be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.

If a defending player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by an attacking player so as to cause the defending player to come into contact with his own goalkeeper, such contact shall be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, and if necessary a penalty assessed to the attacking player and if a goal is scored it would be disallowed.

69.3 Contact Inside the Goal Crease - If an attacking player initiates contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

If a goalkeeper, in the act of establishing his position within his goal crease, initiates contact with an attacking player who is in the goal crease, and this results in an impairment of the goalkeeper’s ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

If, after any contact by a goalkeeper who is attempting to establish position in his goal crease, the attacking player does not immediately vacate his current position in the goal crease (i.e. give ground to the goalkeeper), and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed. In all such cases, whether or not a goal is scored, the attacking player will receive a minor penalty for goalkeeper interference.

If an attacking player establishes a significant position within the goal crease, so as to obstruct the goalkeeper’s vision and impair his ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

For this purpose, a player “establishes a significant position within the crease” when, in the Referee’s judgment, his body, or a substantial portion thereof, is within the goal crease for more than an instantaneous period of time.
    Now go watch the Green to King 'goal' again (find a feed yourself). You review and disallow the goal like it should've been done, and the game ends at 4-3 with the series tied 1-1. You fluked in game 2, you want to be a tag team of delusional goobers about it then keep arguing. Doesn't make me any less right.
    Last edited by Grandma; 06-08-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Now go watch the Green to King 'goal' again (find a feed yourself). You review and disallow the goal like it should've been done, and the game ends at 4-3 with the series tied 1-1. You fluked in game 2, you want to be a tag team of delusional goobers about it then keep arguing. Doesn't make me any less right.
    That absolutely was an interference I agree the Kings got a break. However if they did call it to say the game would have ended 4-3 is stupid. Who the hell knows how the rest of the game plays out. For all we know they score another goal to tie it when they pull Quick for the last minute or so. You just can't assume everything else stays the same. Also yes the refs blew the call but the Rangers also had plenty of chances to score again so blaming the refs is kind of stupid. Bad call but the Rangers need to move on from it and score again and they didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Pay attention dickeater A and dickeater B, sound it out...

Now go watch the Green to King 'goal' again (find a feed yourself). You review and disallow the goal like it should've been done, and the game ends at 4-3 with the series tied 1-1.
    Nope:
    The rule will be enforced exclusively in accordance with the on-ice judgment of the Referee(s), and not by means of video replay or review.

What an incredible 2nd period for quick.

Nice to dominate an entire game for a change. And Quick was great tonight.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Lundqvist was twice saved.

I didn't watch the game, but am willing to bet you think defense doing their job is a break for the goalie.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

You should have watched the game you dumb fucking fuck fuck.

The Kings are going to be a more winning Stanley Cup team than the Rangers have ever been once you account for the 41 years before the Kings were even around and the lack of competition the Rangers faced during those years.
    Last edited by Packer; 06-11-2014 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Nope:
    They cannot rely on video review or any input from the goal judge (in house) or video goal judge (NYC, Toronto) but the play can be appealed/reviewed only by a fellow referee(s)/linesmen if it appears someone on the offensive side was in the crease, disrupting the stationary position of the net, or in a position to inhibit the goalie to make a save/stoppage on that play (which is what happened). Luckily for me and anyone who gives a shit in having consistent officiating put back into the NHL, this seems to finally be a concern now (as if it wasn't for the last 4 seasons) and should be altered at this years off season regulatory summit to allow video review on all goals.

Lundqvist was twice saved.
    By the Kings being inept and not putting a parked puck on the blue line into the back of the net? A bib is not a t-shirt you fucking retard.
    Last edited by Grandma; 06-11-2014 at 08:42 PM.

suck my dick grandman

You should have watched the game you dumb fucking fuck fuck.

The Kings are going to be a more winning Stanley Cup team than the Rangers have ever been once you account for the 41 years before the Kings were even around and the lack of competition the Rangers faced during those years.
    No they aren't shitwit, the Kings are more than likely cleaning house aside from their core 5 so don't get ahead of yourself.

The Canucks were the stronger team in 1994 you fucking poser (lest we forget about the 1993 Kings shitting the bed against a weaker Canadiens team). You don't know your shit from shynola when it comes to hockey so just shut the fuck up and go back to watching the Galaxy or Dodgers.

No they aren't shitwit, the Kings are more than likely cleaning house aside from their core 5 so don't get ahead of yourself.
    HAHAHHAHAHAHHAH!!! stfu

You peaked when you escaped crib-death. You stupid fucking newborn Kings fans are the very worst, makes me feel sorry for folks like Sonny and the others who were aware that Los Angeles had a hockey team before the 2012 season.

$13 million in cap space and Gaborik, Greene, and Mitchell are all free-agents next year. Go grab your abacus motherfucker.
    Last edited by Grandma; 06-11-2014 at 09:20 PM.

First of all, fuck you. I've been going to Kings games since I was a kid just because everyone I know is a hockey fan so go fuck yourself.

second of all, this is pretty much the same team we had in 2012 besides Gaborik who is staying. everyone is getting a bonus. no one is going anywhere. We have the best team in hockey get used to it cock sucker.

Until we have our first dyed-in-the-wool Florida Panthers fan, you are without a doubt the stupidest fucking goober to post in this threads 5+ years of existence. You couldn't GM a fucking air hockey team if you're life was dependent on it.
    Last edited by Grandma; 06-11-2014 at 09:52 PM.

Your official Delta Tau Chi name is "little kvnty"

You ran out of straws already?

That's just what Kvnty would say.

The retort I was hoping to hear was 'Yeah...but I still have a cup here to use!'

Your wit really is as dry as your mothers snatch, birth must've felt like being forced through 2 scouring pads stapled together.
    Last edited by Grandma; 06-11-2014 at 10:17 PM.

I hope your ears turn into assholes and shit allover your shoulders.

Just finished the game. I can't believe the Kings didn't win this game, they were clearly the better team. The Rangers just got the breaks this game instead of the Kings for once this series. That is just the way it goes; sometimes you get a lot of help fro ma snow pile. Really though the thing that bothered me the most was calling that slashing on Toffoli but then not calling it on whoever nailed Carter on that break.

Vigo, as much as I want to agree with you instead of Grandma you are making that really hard to do.
    Last edited by unit300021; 06-11-2014 at 11:07 PM.

I felt like the Kings played well enough to win last night, but the shots just weren't going in. with the rags being a strong first period team and the kings being a strong third period team, I thought the tide would turn -- especially when they were outshooting them like 20-3 in the 3rd, but Lundquist kept making the saves. oh well, they'll just have to win at home in 5.

stolen from a random internet kings fan:

"the 3 stars of the game were the post, the snow, and Lundquist."
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

HELL YES KINGS!!!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

So stoked to see Williams get the MVP. Go Kings!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

Happy for JWill too. What a great run by him and the team. One of the best I've ever seen. And it just also happens to be MY team that did it! Surreal right now. We are SC champs... again. Second time in three years. Best team in the west and in the league.

As per usual I record the games and watch later but Kings!!!! I can't wait to shave in the morning.

I will say this though even though the Kings won and Quick did earn a shout out, I think King Henri earned himself the title of best goalie. Not trying to even dis service Quick as he also made spectacular saves and clearly is a top goalie, but Lundqvist just played better overall in my opinion. Still that being said we got the cup!!!

Congrats to the Los Angeles Kings (The anti-Sharks).