Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7071727374757677 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 2287

Thread: The NHL Thread

Default Re: The NHL Thread

Hey Ron......tonsil hockey. right? right? You know, with the kids and shit.

2 things...

1. the Kings are up 3-1 against the hawks. they've played really well ever since game 3 of round 1 and I love that we are the best defensive team and the best offensive team. once again, great things happen when the Kings make deadline deals with the BJs.

2. Habs are still in the series and I really want them to advance to the finals. I want the Kings to get revenge against them for 93!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

Tough loss last night. Silver lining is that we got the 'Hawks' best game and they needed 82 minutes to beat us. Plus, JQ exploited some matchups that he won't be able to do with the Kings having last line change. Stoll, Richards, Mitchell, Voynov had bad games and need to step it up.
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

That was a really great game even though I would have preferred a different outcome.

Kings in six!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

I recorded it and then ended up falling a sleep during it. If the Kings don't win tomorrow (which I think they will) then Hawks in 7. I'm just not sure if the Kings have another road game 7 in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Terminate with extreme fucking prejudice

Fuck. You can't let Kane skate around and create space you have to nail him to the boards. Big game for Drew but it got away. Let's see if the Kings can make some more game 7 magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

Quote Originally Posted by kronz420 View Post
    Fuck. You can't let Kane skate around and create space you have to nail him to the boards.
    This!!
    Coachella 11, 12 (W1), 13 (W1), 14 (W1)
    Mazzy Star, 11/7/13
    The Entrance Band, 12/31/13, 3/8/14
    Mogwai 4/17/14

I guess this series deserves 7 games, but I really wish the Kings could have wrapped it up in 5 or 6. giving the hawks too many chances is never a great game plan.

here's to more game 7 magic by the kings!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Yes the Kings have been great in game 7's so far, however the other ones they went with winning the games prior and the momentum. I've learned to never doubt this team but I dunno it just doesn't feel the same. However I guess the good news is that I feel like overall the Kings outplayed the Hawks yesterday with the exception of an 8 minutes broken up span. The Hawks just got more breaks then the Kings did.

What an amazing game. Kings will not be denied. We want the cup!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

once again, great things happen when the kings make a deadline deal with the jackets! go kings go!

Williams, Richards and Gaborik are all 7-0 in game sevens, Kopitar and Quick are 5-0, and Williams has 7 goals and 14 points in those 7 games, an NHL record.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

I recorded the game so I am a bit late to the party but fuck yeah!!!!!! I don't even know what to think right now. 3 road game sevens?????? I would have never thought. The entire time I kept waiting for Chicago to score and win again.

Best part about the up coming finals. We finally will get to settle who the best goalie in the league is. Though hopefully Quick does do a bit better then this series.

Ya baby! Bring on the Cup round. Go Kings!!

Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

One more...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

I tried to get some tickets to game 5, but either they aren't on sale yet, or they are sold out.

Kings in 5! or maybe Kings in 28!!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

oops, it's just game 1 today. stubhub prices are way too high, so hopefully I can luck out with ticketmaster when they go on sale.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

I know everyone outside of New York are saying that the Kings are the better team and should win it but this Rangers team reminds me of the Kings from a couple seasons ago, in a hot streak with amazing goal tending. I was wrong about game seven in Chicago so hopefully I am wrong again about this.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    I know everyone outside of New York are saying that the Kings are the better team and should win it but this Rangers team reminds me of the Kings from a couple seasons ago, in a hot streak with amazing goal tending. I was wrong about game seven in Chicago so hopefully I am wrong again about this.
    I a not loving the notion Kings have already faced the toughest teams so we should easily handle the east's contender. It's not going to be that simple. But, aside from hot goal-tending, I don't see much comparison to what the Rangers have done this playoffs run to what the Kings did in 2012. Although Kings backed into playoffs that year in the 8 hole, we proceeded to steamroll everyone we played. Rangers this year have not dominated any one series just finally winning when it counts in two game 7s and a game 6. But agree taking them lightly at this point would be a disaster.

Last edited by Packer; 06-04-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Wishing nothing but the very worst for the Los Angeles Kings. Rangers in 6.

Still feeling good about your prediction grandma?

We'll see. How about them Dodgers ehhh?

Enjoy first place while you can

Quote Originally Posted by kronz420 View Post
    Still feeling good about your prediction grandma?
    Come on, he's been right about everything else so far. Just look at that track record!

Comparatively, the Rangers have had a much easier road to the Finals. They are pests and are well coached so I wouldn't take them lightly. However, after that first game and if the Kings really get their mojo going tomorrow night I expect the Rangers to fold fairly fast. Lundquist will keep the games close, but I doubt they'll have enough in them to hold off the Kings. I called a Kings sweep in the beginning of the series and am standing by that. Fuck the Rangers!

On another note, the Islanders are having a productive off season so far. Locked up Halak (a number 1 goalie was their biggest need) and traded for Dan Boyle's rights yesterday. Not sure he signs with the team. I know he's up there in age and on the decline, but the Isles could sure use his veteran presence and skill even if he's not the player he used to be. I really hope he signs. Either way, these are good signs that the Isles mean business heading into the draft and free agency. I also expect a sale of the team to be announced once the Finals are over. Things are looking up and the Isles may not be the joke of the NHL much longer. No sleep till Brooklyn!
    Last edited by KungFuJoe; 06-06-2014 at 09:30 AM.

man, this team is so resilient!! they've come back from 2 goals down to win in 5 of the last 8 games. plus, the Kings haven't had a lead in the finals and they are up 2-0. incredible!!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

It's unreal. We just don't do anything the easy way. There are no wins going away this time around. Instead, every game is a heart-stopper. 2 more for the Cup!

The refs who called last nights game earned every death threat they have coming their way. Any Kings fan worth a shit knows they got away with one.