Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 2295

Thread: The NHL Thread

Default Re: The NHL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    Ah yes, the most infamous of all Boyle's own goals (of which he has had a few over the years), didn't matter though Sharts ended up winning that series
    I was about to bring up the same point, that dan boyle 'goal' is the only glaring error I can recall in where the team managed to overcome and win the series. mistakes like that in the playoffs tend to be death sentences.

The fact that Quick was the reason that they were even in OT and that the Kings were on the 4 min pp make this so much worse.

Entertaining game between the Sharks and Nucks after the first. The Sharks definitely look like the stronger team.

I won't be surprised if this goes to OT, I'm totally down for a 3 OT game tonight. I already sat through the entire 19 inning Oakland A's marathon on Monday night, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    I won't be surprised if this goes to OT, I'm totally down for a 3 OT game tonight. I already sat through the entire 19 inning Oakland A's marathon on Monday night, why not?
    whelp, looks like the rest of our evening just opened up.

Yeah, I guess I'd be okay with a Sharts regulation win. By the way bemerritt, which of these teams do you like more? I can tell you right now that I like the Kings significantly more than the Ducks, fucking hate the Ducks.

In this case, I would rather see the Sharks win due to the fact that it would let the Kings avoid the Hawks in the second round (pending a first round victory of course). And I think I would rather see the Vancouver fan base denied a cup forever. But don't get me wrong, the Sharks are a very close second to the nucks.

California teams, let set aside our biases for just a minute. Which one of our teams matches up best against the hawks?
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

That's easy, The Gordon Bombays

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    California teams, let set aside our biases for just a minute. Which one of our teams matches up best against the hawks?
    all 3 teams are capable of beating them. I do not see them as the unbeatable force that the media is making them out to be.

Lets be honest, the Sharts are not beating the B'hawks, or Kings or Ducks or Blues

are you fucking retarded?

C'mon. Hawks were not able to beat the Ducks all season, it would make for a great WCF. Sharks-'Nucks series is looking to be pretty exciting, SJ will definitely move on if Schneider remains out (Luongo already got the nod to start game 2). LAK-STL can go either way. I know LA is down one game but I think they'll turn it around; as much as I hate them, they're too talented to go out against the Blues.

On a side note, I got tickets to all 4 home games at the Honda Center, game 2 tonight! The atmosphere was crazy game 1. Go Big D!

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    I think I would rather see the Vancouver fan base denied a cup forever.
    Yes.

Good start for the kings. Gotta love playoff hockey.

now that I can see the game! WTF is going with Kings playoff coverage? game 1 was split screen with the clippers and switching the video and audio independently back and forth. it was the first quarter for the Clippers game but sudden death OT for the Kings game. ugh.

and then tonight the first period wasn't even being shown anywhere on most providers... in fact CNBC just went dark again.... fuck.

(phew, it's back on)
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    now that I can see the game! WTF is going with Kings playoff coverage? game 1 was split screen with the clippers and switching the video and audio independently back and forth. it was the first quarter for the Clippers game but sudden death OT for the Kings game. ugh.

and then tonight the first period wasn't even being shown anywhere on most providers... in fact CNBC just went dark again.... fuck.

(phew, it's back on)
    you would think that the defending champs would get some respect with regards to tv coverage. I had to stream the beginning of the game tonight. fucking pathetic.

I saw the first few minutes on NHL Network, but then it switched to MTL/OTT. then I was stuck watching an SD feed of CNBC once I learned that it was working...

DET up 2-0.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

I saw the first few minutes on NHL Network, but then it switched to MTL/OTT. then I was stuck watching an SD feed of CNBC once I learned that it was working...

DET up 2-0.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Besides the Wild and the Red Wings, everyone who won their first game is going to advance. I am probably wrong about the Wild, but I am hoping. I am also really hoping the Leaves advance, but that is a real long shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Besides the Wild and the Red Wings, everyone who won their first game is going to advance. I am probably wrong about the Wild, but I am hoping. I am also really hoping the Leaves advance, but that is a real long shot.
    Did you mean teams that lost their first game?

Edit: n/m, re-read it

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Fuck the Wings. ANA will win one at joe louis next week and bring it back to the honda center for a game 7 win

I don't know why but for whatever reason every year I forget how playoff seedings work as the rounds advance. Do we reseed every round? Or do you stick with you original seed all the way through? Basically, I want my Sharks to play the Wings. Everyone else can eliminate each other.

Because.

reseeded after the first round but all of that changes next year.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    I don't know why but for whatever reason every year I forget how playoff seedings work as the rounds advance. Do we reseed every round? Or do you stick with you original seed all the way through? Basically, I want my Sharks to play the Wings. Everyone else can eliminate each other.
    Didn't the sharts win game 1 last year? Then lost 4 straight. Lets not pencil us into the 2nd rd just yet esp after winning 1 game so far against that slimeball luongo

beLIeve.jpg

Great comeback from the Isles! Nice fight by Okposo & great to see Bailey on the first line. Grabner needs to get going in this series. Can't wait for Sunday morning!

Something strange is happening. My Sharks are getting hot during the playoffs and their veterans are scoring points.

Because.

Several Calgary fans are cheering for Pittsburgh now in the hopes that Iginla gets a cup. It's to the point where if the Pens make the finals there may be Red Mile parties and the whole thing. Not sure that's happened before. Even now some pubs are giving away beers or wings whenever Iggy scores.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Iggy is dead to me for going to the Pens.

I'm happy for him. I've lived in Calgary my entire life and he's a legend here, but everyone knows he's not going to achieve his Stanley Cup goal here. Plus the team was stagnating and ready for big changes. It had to happen and I'm glad he's gone to a team where he at least has a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.