Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1957

Thread: The NHL Thread

Default Re: The NHL Thread

Gamecenter live would be a nice way to thank/reward the fans for sticking around and maybe even grow the game. I hope that turns out to be true
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

And yes, I'm sure we weren't being dickheads in a visiting fan section, just some random aisle on the upper deck. Literally all that happened was when the game was over, we tried to leave the aisle and get onto the stairway to head down to the concourse and that's when this family man accosted me and was trying to physically prevent me from getting onto the stairs so I could leave. Said that if I tried to get past him onto the stairs I was going to be thrown down them. What was his family doing? His daughters were screaming and encouraging their dad to teach me a lesson. I literally said ZERO WORDS.

Being a bay area sports fan has given me a lot of bias, but I cringe when I think about LA fans (all sports). Bryan Stow incident, etc. Small sample size but still. Guaran-fuckin-tee you visiting LA (not just hockey) sports fans will feel a lot more comfortable in the bay area arenas than a bay area fan in a LA arena.

But I say potato you say tomato, we'll never agree on that. Hurray for hockey.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    I really hope that was just a small sample size.
    Christ, it was one guy in an arena of what, 16,000? How much smaller could you get? A midget, so only half of one person?

JustSteve: skimming threads and missing points since 2007.

Because.

Looks good for home opener on the 19th- hell yea! Raise the banner!

https://twitter.com/helenenothelen/s...09236656435200

Edit- hope it's against the damn Canucks.
    Darkside| Spiritualized| Spiritualized| Pixies| Lord Huron| This Will Destroy You| Tool| Kraftwerk| The National| Neil Young| Coachella| Mogwai| Black Sabbath| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| NIN/Soundgarden| Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    Gamecenter live would be a nice way to thank/reward the fans for sticking around and maybe even grow the game. I hope that turns out to be true
    Looks the rumors aren't true. Gamecenter Live will be $49.99.

Regardless I cannot wait for opening weekend!

Because.

oh well, would have been cool but at least there's hockey coming up!

Kings raise the banner on the 19th against Chicago on NBC! lame that NBC decided to go regional on this one after doing a national broadcast the last couple seasons. I really hope they allow FSN to broadcast too. it would be a shame to miss Bob and Jim call the cup AND the home opener/banner ceremony.
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo

I believe Bob is set to emcee the entire banner raising event. I finally got my tickets for the game to download and got them printed today. Also, this from the LA Kings website

All 2013 Full Season Tickets are SOLD OUT.
    Darkside| Spiritualized| Spiritualized| Pixies| Lord Huron| This Will Destroy You| Tool| Kraftwerk| The National| Neil Young| Coachella| Mogwai| Black Sabbath| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| NIN/Soundgarden| Fleetwood Mac

is that just going to be inside staples? I'm just worried that NBC is going to be in studio all during the banner ceremony since they obviously hate west coast teams.

great to see all the tickets sold out! last year was the first waiting list for season seats since the early days of Gretzky IIRC. now I just hope I can tickets to a game or two without paying super high prices!
    2012 2013

Can't wait until tomorrow at Staples/LA Live. Nothing better than a big day party to celebrate the banner raising.

Walking over to Staple's now. Let's Go Kings!

Mitchell and Kopitar out. bummer. Go Kings!!!
    2012 2013

Kopitar hurt his knee a few weeks ago overseas and he will out be out for a couple more weeks I believe. Game Day though, let do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Sharks don't play their opener until tomorrow, yet I'm gonna be glued to hockey all day. I'm so glad it's back!

Because.

sharks are 4-0. the kings finally won their first game of the season tonight...

congrats! you guys have shown repeatedly how doing well in the regular season allows you to lift the cup in June.

I definitely think the shortened season will help the sharks in the PO's. They always run out of gas at some point and shit the bed. This could be the year. I'm going to the sharks-canucks game tomorrow which I imagine they will lose since its a back to back and the canucks had the day off today. It will probably be the start of a 6 game losing streak which will derail their season in the process. Can you tell I'm a sharks fan?

PATRICK FUCKING MARLEAU HAS AS MANY OR MORE GOALS THAN 10 NHL TEAMS.

Including the LA Kings.

Because.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    congrats! you guys have shown repeatedly how doing well in the regular season allows you to lift the cup in June.
    LOL! Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    I definitely think the shortened season will help the sharks in the PO's. They always run out of gas at some point and shit the bed. This could be the year. I'm going to the sharks-canucks game tomorrow which I imagine they will lose since its a back to back and the canucks had the day off today. It will probably be the start of a 6 game losing streak which will derail their season in the process. Can you tell I'm a sharks fan?
    This is the only time you will catch me rooting for the Sharks. Go Sharks! There, I said it.

As long as the Canucks get worn out for tomorrow's game against the kings, I'll consider the game a success.

Bonus question: Who get's a cup first, Sharks or Canucks?

I don't see either happening in my lifetime. But, let's go with the Sharks. At the end of the day, I am California-centric. For example, I have been a longtime fan of the Niners. And certainly rooting for them in the SB. Maybe the one exception is the Ducks. I don't root for them under any circumstances.

Marleau is on fire! Montoya getting first start for Jets tonight, hope he shows.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    As long as the Canucks get worn out for tomorrow's game against the kings, I'll consider the game a success.

Bonus question: Who get's a cup first, Sharks or Canucks?
    This is so funny. I often think of the Canucks as Canada's version of the Sharks, except for the Canucks fan base is even more long-suffering having to deal with 41 years of playoff disappointment and inability to get over the hump (in comparison to the Sharks 21 years). I was at Game 4 of the 2011 western conference finals between the Sharks-Canucks where we went down 3-0 early en route to a 4-2 defeat (creating a 3-1 series deficit heading back to Canada), our season essentially ended on that day. I was talking to a jubilant Canucks fan after the game and told him congrats but I had the utmost confidence that they would lose in the Stanley Cup Finals.
    And the way the Canucks lost that game 7 too, at home 4-0 to the Bruins. Just pathetic. At the time I remember thinking 'Wow, that is such a Sharks thing to do"

To answer the question. I don't believe either team will ever hoist Lord Stanley's Cup.

As a Sharks fan I will always have hope.

Being realistic though, I don't think our chances are good at hoisting the Cup with this roster. We need to do what the SF Giants did after losing in the World Series in 2002. They kept holding onto old proven veteran guys, and they were awful for several years. They finally cut ties with the old guys and shifted their focus on their draft picks and developing guys in the farm system. Fast forward later years later the Giants team is filled with youngster talent from their own farm system like Cain, Lincecum, Bumgarner, Posey, Sandoval, etc.

This, as a Sharks fan, is what I believe we need to do. It will be heart breaking but we need to cut ties with the old guys like Thornton/Marleau/Boyle etc, focus on young talent like Couture and others behind him still developing, be awful for several years, and then we have a shot at hoisting the Cup in 5-7 years with all our elite youngsters.

I'll also agree that a short season helps us. With our aging veterans, maybe a short season will keep us from running out of gas in the playoffs. I think this year is our best shot at reaching the finals with this group of players because of the short format. If we fall short again then I say we start the rebuilding from scratch in the summer.
    Last edited by ManImCool; 01-27-2013 at 12:02 PM.

Because.

Yay kings won today

damn, the shark tank is rockin early

I'll be the first to admit that the Sharks are playing some inspiring hockey. Canucks with 5 posts, haha.

cannuck fans in socal are finally going to get their championship rings! albeit, replica rings and they're for the kings, but hey. it's something!

(ps I wish I was going to the game to get a replica ring!)
    2012 2013