Page 46 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 2287

Thread: The NHL Thread

Default Re: The NHL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Thank you for fucking yourselves so hard, Jersey! Oh to be a fly on the wall of their dressing room at the end of the first period. Hope Bernier is showered and far from the locker room.
    So I'm in new Orleans, saw this bar with the hockey on, cool, went in, what's the score? Holy fuck. Congrats kings fans!
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

8 mins to go .. Cup being unpacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Congrats Kings, they seemed like the better team from the start. The Devils fought hard just to make it to game 6.

fuck the kings

Nips, are you more disappointed by Prometheus or the NHL this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Maybe there's some kind of vague inner meaning to it.

All of this makes me think back to when Goldenvoice decided to sell to AEG. A big reason they did so was because they owned the kings and Rick van Santen, who ran the company with Paul, was the biggest kings fan in the world. He died at the end of 2003, sad he's not around to be a part of this.

From an la times article after he passed:
    "Tollett and Van Santen sold Goldenvoice to the Anschutz Entertainment Group in 2001, but continued to run the firm within the corporate setting. Tollett said it was "a dream come true" for Van Santen, a lifelong hockey fan, to have the company purchased by the owner of the Kings hockey team and Staples Center. "Rick didn't even ask how much," Tollett said. "He was ready."

And the award for laziest player of the Stanley Cup Finals goes to Ilya Kovalchuk... I hope NJ still thinks you're worth 100 million for 15 years.

The best part about this win?

Traffic sucked all evening, so I stayed at work to use the gym and left at 8pm instead. By then, the game was close to ending or just ended and the freeways were completely empty downtown; I think they were diverting traffic. Made it home in 20 minutes.

KINGS!!!! I'm so happy right now!!! I love all of you, even the ducks fans!!

WE GOT THE CUP!!!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    KINGS!!!! I'm so happy right now!!! I love all of you, even the ducks fans!!

WE GOT THE CUP!!!
    Just got home! Crazy! We are Stanley Cup Champs! I love you back, scenic! I... just thanks all. Need to chill out now. Have a bottle of champagne I am uncorking. Kings. Are. Stanley. Cup. Champs
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

All hail Darryl "Bitter Beer Face" Sutter!

So pissed I had to be gone for work tonight. Oh well, I recorded it. At least I can go back and watch the trophy presentation.
    9/05 - The Rentals - Fonda (?)
    9/11 - Swans - Roxy
    9/13 - Owen Pallett - El Rey (?)
    9/17 - Buzzcocks - Fonda (?)
    9/20 - Crosby, Stills & Nash - Santa Barbara Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I had to record the game so I just finished watching the game and holy shit WE GOT THE CUP!!!! I know I'm only about to be 24 and haven't had to wait as long as some other people but I've been waiting my whole life for this. Living in Orange County I've become a ducks fan also but the Kings were my first ever hockey game and been my number 1 team since. I'm so happy right now I just can't even describe it. Amazing how the Kings essentially won from that non call on Stolls boarding, but I'll still take it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

As a wee lad used to watch the Kings on antenna’d television from down south when they were uniformed in blue & gold. Congrats on the crown, LA.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Just got home! Crazy! We are Stanley Cup Champs! I love you back, scenic! I... just thanks all. Need to chill out now. Have a bottle of champagne I am uncorking. Kings. Are. Stanley. Cup. Champs
    such an incredible run!! I can't wait to do it all again next year!! but first, I'm taking some time to celebrate! WE ARE CHAMPS!!!

I didn't get any sleep last night and I'm going to be a useless mess here at work today. but that's OK!!!!

Who would have thought our powerplay would be the determining factor after struggling with it for so long? Carter turns out to be Mr Clutch after being a goat in Philly. Quick wins the Conn Smythe -- Well deserved!!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    I had to record the game so I just finished watching the game and holy shit WE GOT THE CUP!!!! I know I'm only about to be 24 and haven't had to wait as long as some other people but I've been waiting my whole life for this. Living in Orange County I've become a ducks fan also but the Kings were my first ever hockey game and been my number 1 team since. I'm so happy right now I just can't even describe it. Amazing how the Kings essentially won from that non call on Stolls boarding, but I'll still take it!
    I had to wait 24-26 years. I started watching hockey the year before Gretzky was traded to LA because an ex boyfriend was an Edmonton transplant and got me into hockey by watching his games. When Gretzky was traded to LA he was devastated, but it made me really excited for my new favorite sport and my new favorite team. I've been a fan ever since -- through good seasons, bad seasons and the terrible late 90s season. this is so special for me, but even more special for those that were fans from the beginning.

My current boyfriend is the luckiest SOB ever. he only got into hockey because of me and started watching during the last few games of the season. he jumped right on that bandwagon and rode it all the way to a championship. Kings fan for under 3 months and got to celebrate a cup championship! ugh!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Parade and Rally in Staples this coming Thursday!

http://kings.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=80791
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

This is for you scenic and any other Kings fans here. Nick and Daryl's radio call of the final moments of last night's Stanley Cup winning game

http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocent...d=-6&id=181420

Oh, and let's not forget Bob Miller, FFS!

And long as I am here!

I love the picture of Bob Miller and Nick Nickson with the cup! there are a lot of great pics in this HF thread on the Kings' board (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1206291). I'm sure most of them (and maybe more) have made their way over to LGK too, but there's too much traffic there for me to keep up with anything. lol

did you see Kings Live after game 6? there was an interview where Dustin Penner was asked what he's going to do with his time with the cup and he said he wants to take it golfing and make some pancakes in it. I just about fell out of my chair laughing!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

oh, were you able to get tickets to the parade and rally? a few friends and I tried right at 6 and it was immediately sold out. I don't want to make the drive unless I can be at the rally, so I guess I'll be watching on TV. I'll be there in spirit though! I can't believe there are jerks online selling the free tickets for $100 and more. ugh.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    oh, were you able to get tickets to the parade and rally? a few friends and I tried right at 6 and it was immediately sold out. I don't want to make the drive unless I can be at the rally, so I guess I'll be watching on TV. I'll be there in spirit though! I can't believe there are jerks online selling the free tickets for $100 and more. ugh.
    Yea, STM had unique codes and I was able to get one at 10am. 5th row of section 113! I know a lot of people are still trying to get tickets. And my understanding is the area around LA Live will be sectioned off and entry only possible if you have a ticket. Still, I wouldn't miss that parade! It's gonna be awesome to see at least that part. F the jerks selling them for profit. There needs to be a better way to get these to fans next time (and there will be a next time!)

There needs to be a better way to get these to fans next time (and there will be a next time!)
    yes there will! they always say the first one is the hardest so we won't be waiting 45 years for the next one!!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Oh my god, watching the parade coverage on channel 5 and they are interviewing a guy who claims to be their number one fan. He is what Supre is to radiohead. They were talking about how he has all the autographs and pictures with them, but dude said it is their friendship that means the most to him. Creepy and a bit sad. One of the reporters was mentioning the players to him and he actually interrupted and said "you mean my friends".
    Last edited by JustSteve; 06-14-2012 at 12:04 PM.

HAHA... I was watching that too during my lunch. I feel ya on the creepiness.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

uuuugghhhh

Awesome parade and rally! I took a ton of pics. Will have to see what came out but if any are decent, I'll post em.

In the meantime- How 'bout this fukin team right here???

http://deadspin.com/5918579/kcal-wen...-several-times

Quick was wasted, hahaha. it was so funny to see him like that after practically being emotionless all season.

my quest for tickets ended at 9am yesterday morning. a girl friend of mine had a friend who's a STH and didn't think he'd be able to go so we were going to use his tickets, but then at the last minute he called us and said he was going after all. we had the email printed out and everything!! still enjoyed it quite a bit on TV, but I was I was inside before the rally to Hear Bob and Jim call the 3rd period of game 6.

and of course, the sutter punch

• 2012 • 2013 • 2014

New Jersey's ownership issues appear to be escalating: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...V1Ek0Xc8rl9MdI

NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman is preparing to take control of the money-losing hockey franchise in the event Vanderbeek fails to refinance the Devils’ debt before a looming Aug. 14 deadline, The Post has learned.
    In recent days, the commissioner’s office has told potential suitors to be ready in case he moves on the team and pushes Vanderbeek aside, a source close to the situation said.
    Vanderbeek is near a deal to sell a majority stake to a mystery investor, which would allow him to keep control of the Eastern Conference champions, one source said. The proceeds from a sale would be used to repay lenders much of the $77 million in past due debt.
    that could have a dramatic effect on Phoenix as well since I can't imagine the NHL being in a position to own and protect both teams from moving. Speaking of Phoenix, there appears to be a deadline looming today or tomorrow about the NHL schedule with an announcement coming from the NHL some time between now and wednesday when the schedule is released.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

the devils have 3 stanley cups. unless betteman wants his throat slit where he sleeps, they're not going anywhere outside of new jersey.

brad stuart is officially a san jose shark. if we can trim the fat and get some cap space or trade for parise or nash the rest of the NHL is fucked next season