Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 2285

Thread: The NHL Thread

Default Re: The NHL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Footsteps86 View Post
    Chicago never said anything about Hossa's injury after Raffi's hit.
    Deep thigh bruise? Anyway, there won't be any announcement here. Rozsival's fine. And Brown's hit was clean.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

see ya, rangers

New Jersey it is.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

If you still have interest in Rozsival's status...

Phoenix GM said that Michal Rozsival is on crutches, but there doesn't appear to be any stuctural damage to his knee.
    Rozsival wasn't able to put any weight on it after his knee collided with Dustin Brown's in overtime during Game 5 on Tuesday night. He left the ice with assistance and the Kings scored the game-winning goal the next shift to eliminate the Coyotes from postseason play.
    Now that you have an opponent, maybe your GM will concentrate on them instead of continuing to focus on the Coyotes...

Kings General Manager Dean Lombardi blamed members of the Phoenix Coyotes for inciting fans at Jobing.com Arena to hurl debris at players and Coach Darryl Sutter on Tuesday after the Kings won the Western Conference title.

Lombardi, who has a law degree, backed his point by citing legal precedents involving European soccer crowds.

"What the courts said was that because the players attacked the officials, because the players showed such disrespect for the officials, that incited the crowd," Lombardi told The Times on Friday. "They blamed the players. Because those players were conducting themselves like that, it incited the crowd.

"There's a lot to that. If those guys are acting in that manner toward the officials, it's a license for the crowd to do the same. What Smith did, he threw that stick at an official and then right after that, somebody is throwing a beer can at Sutter and our captain. That's why Europe has that rule. You are responsible for that riot if you are going to show that lack of respect for officials."
    7/27-Bleeding Through (Pub Rock)
    8/1-3-Lollapalooza
    8/1-Disclosure (Aragon Ballroom)
    8/2-Glen Hansard (Metro)
    8/12-Paul McCartney (US Airways Center)
    9/19-Eric Prydz (The Pressroom)
    10/1-The Gaslight Anthem (Marquee Theatre)
    10/10-12-Austin City Limits Weekend 2
    10/25-Arctic Monkeys (Comerica Theatre)
    10/30-Jimmy Eat World (Marquee Theatre)
    11/3-Yelle (Crescent Ballroom)
    11/10-The Black Keys (US Airways Center)
    11/12-Judas Priest (Jobing.com Arena)
    4/10-12-Coachella Weekend 1

Kings General Manager Dean Lombardi blamed members of the Phoenix Coyotes for inciting fans at Jobing.com Arena to hurl debris at players and Coach Darryl Sutter on Tuesday after the Kings won the Western Conference title.

Lombardi, who has a law degree, backed his point by citing legal precedents involving European soccer crowds.

"What the courts said was that because the players attacked the officials, because the players showed such disrespect for the officials, that incited the crowd," Lombardi told The Times on Friday. "They blamed the players. Because those players were conducting themselves like that, it incited the crowd.

"There's a lot to that. If those guys are acting in that manner toward the officials, it's a license for the crowd to do the same. What Smith did, he threw that stick at an official and then right after that, somebody is throwing a beer can at Sutter and our captain. That's why Europe has that rule. You are responsible for that riot if you are going to show that lack of respect for officials."
    Now that you have an opponent, maybe your GM will concentrate on them instead of continuing to focus on the Coyotes...

If you still have interest in Rozsival's status...

Don't be absurd. Roszival is fine. You know it. I know it.

You're right on the second point. I'll let the league focus on any aftermath from that game

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012...stgame-actions

Devils! My team when I lived on the east coast. Good to see them back. I think they'll present a helluva challenge for the Kings. I'll be interested to see what Vegas odds-makers have to say about this one. There are several areas I think that will set the tone for this series. The most important one will be neutral zone control by the defense and pressure up the middle. No, I do not think this is a series about the goalies. Both will play well. It'll be about who charges hardest up the middle consistently. Also, Kings continue to outsize everyone. So Devils will need to rely on speed to some extent.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

i was expecting him to be carried off the ice, wait a few minutes, then come back onto the ice like some stupid hollywood dramatic moment, thereby getting the crowd into a fever pitch and hoping to help his team win. kings got them to shut the fuck up, though. he tried to flop to get a king in the penalty box and when he realized no whistle blew he had to see it out or look like even more of a chump after his flop earlier in the game.

lul @ 1:58

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Don't be absurd. Roszival is fine. You know it. I know it.
    sonnyboy11: knows so much about hockey, he knows more about the players than the players themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

@mayorNHL Simon Gagne will be traveling with #LAKings to NJ.

Currently he's skating with Nolan and the speculation is that he may dress instead of Richardson. the Kings' powerplay can use all the help it can get, so I'm fine with sitting Richardson and giving Gagne some 4th line minutes and time on the second PP unit.
    2012 2013 2014

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    @mayorNHL Simon Gagne will be traveling with #LAKings to NJ.

Currently he's skating with Nolan and the speculation is that he may dress instead of Richardson. the Kings' powerplay can use all the help it can get, so I'm fine with sitting Richardson and giving Gagne some 4th line minutes and time on the second PP unit.
    I'm torn about this. Gagne has a great record scoring against Brodeur. But I just can't see him being game ready this deep into the playoffs- he hasn't seen action since Dec. That said, I can see why they might go with him here and sure as hell will be glad to see him skating again.

Stanley Cup time- HAPPY LA KINGS DAY! Let's get this done! Heading over to LA Live now to watch somewhere. Devils going to be a tough customer. Hoping for a good series. Sure is interesting and unexpected to see we are favored to win it when thinking back to the start of the playoffs, but... here we are!

GO KINGS!

I'm torn about this. Gagne has a great record scoring against Brodeur. But I just can't see him being game ready this deep into the playoffs- he hasn't seen action since Dec. That said, I can see why they might go with him here and sure as hell will be glad to see him skating again.
    I'm torn too. if it's not broken, you don't fix it but if we were to scratch someone like Richardson and give Gagne some 4th line minutes and time of the second powerplay unit, I'd be OK with it. He doesn't expect to play in game 1 or 2 unless there's an injury, but it's nice to know that we have that ace up our sleeve just in case.

Stanley Cup time- HAPPY LA KINGS DAY! Let's get this done! Heading over to LA Live now to watch somewhere. Devils going to be a tough customer. Hoping for a good series. Sure is interesting and unexpected to see we are favored to win it when thinking back to the start of the playoffs, but... here we are!

GO KINGS!
    I wish I could get out to LA Live tonight! I'm barely going to get back home by 5pm today, I couldn't imagine trying to get up to LA by then even if I took the metrolink from Oceanside. I do love that the entire area has come to life because of this run. it's going to be an awesome atmosphere there! you know about lot 15 being free tonight, right?

GO KINGS GO! GO KINGS GO!
    2012 2013 2014

I'm torn too. if it's not broken, you don't fix it but if we were to scratch someone like Richardson and give Gagne some 4th line minutes and time of the second powerplay unit, I'd be OK with it. He doesn't expect to play in game 1 or 2 unless there's an injury, but it's nice to know that we have that ace up our sleeve just in case.

I wish I could get out to LA Live tonight! I'm barely going to get back home by 5pm today, I couldn't imagine trying to get up to LA by then even if I took the metrolink from Oceanside. I do love that the entire area has come to life because of this run. it's going to be an awesome atmosphere there! you know about lot 15 being free tonight, right?

GO KINGS GO! GO KINGS GO!
    Awesome win! Watched the whole thing crammed into the big TV room at ESPN Zone. Place was pandemonium when Kopi scored the GW. Friggin crazy, defensive game. Both teams struggled to put any kind of quality shots on the net. But damn if all the patience didn't eventually pay off with a sweet pass from JWil to Kopi on a breakout! Kopitar!

Also, I walked over there and back home so didn't have to deal with parking. Trust me, walking home was like a blur! So much energy I don't know what to do with it. About a 35 minute walk. I got there early enough to get my SC patch for my home jersey done at the LA store and still get seated in the main room at ESPN Zone. Bring on Saturday!
    Last edited by sonnyboy11; 05-30-2012 at 08:56 PM.

great win!! I admit, that I was nervous for a good portion of that game. Devils match up pretty well against the Kings even though both teams didn't seem to be playing at their best. Quick had to come up big on a few shots in the second and third.

Kopitar absolutely undressed Brodeur on that breakaway in OT. wow!
    2012 2013 2014

god this series makes me bitter. I can't fucking believe the kings are going to the win the cup...

That's two! GO KINGS GO!
    2012 2013 2014

Why the hell were the first two games on NBC, but the next on their damn sports network? Don't get that channel in the hospital and left the comp at home. Any way to watch it on an iPhone? Have Verizon and recall seeing some commercial during the game about streaming it live, but can't find any info.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Jesus Christ, stop being such a pussy and drop the hospital bullshit for like a week, Steve.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

That's two! GO KINGS GO!
    Closing in now. Just need two more. Let's go Kings!

Closing in now. Just need two more. Let's go Kings!
    did you start having flashbacks of 93, too? having the game tied up after leading the whole game and going to OT against a french goaltender.... glad we officially bested our last finals performance!!

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Why the hell were the first two games on NBC, but the next on their damn sports network? Don't get that channel in the hospital and left the comp at home. Any way to watch it on an iPhone? Have Verizon and recall seeing some commercial during the game about streaming it live, but can't find any info.
    post in here on game day to remind me and I can set you up with an online stream. I think you have to have 4g to stream with verizon and there may be a fee.
    2012 2013 2014

They said it was free on the commercial last night
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

I think APP is free but there's a subscription package to stream. at least that's how it was earlier in the regular season, but I also don't have a 4g phone. or maybe not?
    2012 2013 2014

did you start having flashbacks of 93, too? having the game tied up after leading the whole game and going to OT against a french goaltender.... glad we officially bested our last finals performance!!

post in here on game day to remind me and I can set you up with an online stream. I think you have to have 4g to stream with verizon and there may be a fee.
    Are you going to do a slingbox?

no, but there are already a bunch of streams online.
    2012 2013 2014

Does anyone else find it stupid that they play the theme song to Fox NFL Sunday inside the Devils arena during stoppages of play?

YES
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

Only reason I see for them to do that is if they think NJ is going to play Sykora and they want to counter that with Gange. Other wise it makes no sense, you are up 2-0 in the finals, why start tinkering with the line-up now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Only reason I see for them to do that is if they think NJ is going to play Sykora and they want to counter that with Gange. Other wise it makes no sense, you are up 2-0 in the finals, why start tinkering with the line-up now?
    Agreed. I would have thought Clifford over Richardson if anything. The only thing I can think here is Sutter is seeing something in practice from Gags he thinks will work. Otherwise it goes against conventional wisdom to put him in here.